3 Pokemons that ALWAYS saves you

MhicKy

Let's play a little game that can be fun AND informative!
Gimme 3 Pokemons you guys use that just saves your butt so many times it's unfunny, also try to highlight how and also their main weakness.
Imma start as an example.

#1 - Vivillon
You get Vivillon quite early in-game and it's pretty good at dealing with Venam and most people leave it at that BUT Vivillon's Compound Eyes increases success rate of Sleep Powder once you can get to the move re-learner and you can follow with one or two Quiver Dances and then heads just roll! I've sweeped so many trainers with this, it's hilarious! Pair that with Vivillon's Hurricane and you become Bob Ross painting a happy little accident (with your foes corpses). Only problem are pokemons that managed to be faster than it or if it misses as the chance isn't quite 100%.

#2 - Trevenant
The KING of cheese! Get a defensive Nature, EV train it's defenses and get it with Harvest ability and give it a Sitrus Berry and you're good to go, Harvest give a chance of renewing this berry every turn, if you have a Sunny Day team then it ALWAYS happens! Make it learn Leech Seed for extra regen, Will-o-Wisp to cripple physical attackers or Toxic for non-physicals/stallers and Horn Leech for good measure (Once we managed to get our hands on the Protect TM I suggest removing this for it), this guy was what made the Waylord from Gommink's Quest go from a huge problem to a laughable joke to me. Only problem are pokemons with Taunt or if he gets poisoned with Toxic.

#3 - Ambipom
I've killed so many pokemons in a "hit and run" style with this guy! Being able to get the Technician ability and STAB Fake Out and Double Hit is just too good, you can even get Dual Chop on him for those pesky Dragons and Thief to deal with annoying Ghost Types as the Ability enhances it. Only problem are pokemons that resist Normal Type or are immune to it like Ghosts, Rock and Steel.

I'm curious to hear you guys pokemons!
[grabs notepad]

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, MhicKy said:

Let's play a little game that can be fun AND informative!
Gimme 3 Pokemons you guys use that just saves your butt so many times it's unfunny, also try to highlight how and also their main weakness.
Imma start as an example.

#1 - Vivillon
You get Vivillon quite early in-game and it's pretty good at dealing with Venam and most people leave it at that BUT Vivillon's Compound Eyes increases success rate of Sleep Powder once you can get to the move re-learner and you can follow with one or two Quiver Dances and then heads just roll! I've sweeped so many trainers with this, it's hilarious! Pair that with Vivillon's Hurricane and you become Bob Ross painting a happy little accident (with your foes corpses). Only problem are pokemons that managed to be faster than it or if it misses as the chance isn't quite 100%.

#2 - Trevenant
The KING of cheese! Get a defensive Nature, EV train it's defenses and get it with Harvest ability and give it a Sitrus Berry and you're good to go, Harvest give a chance of renewing this berry every turn, if you have a Sunny Day team then it ALWAYS happens! Make it learn Leech Seed for extra regen, Will-o-Wisp to cripple physical attackers or Toxic for non-physicals/stallers and Horn Leech for good measure (Once we managed to get our hands on the Protect TM I suggest removing this for it), this guy was what made the Waylord from Gommink's Quest go from a huge problem to a laughable joke to me. Only problem are pokemons with Taunt or if he gets poisoned with Toxic.

#3 - Ambipom
I've killed so many pokemons in a "hit and run" style with this guy! Being able to get the Technician ability and STAB Fake Out and Double Hit is just too good, you can even get Dual Chop on him for those pesky Dragons and Thief to deal with annoying Ghost Types as the Ability enhances it. Only problem are pokemons that resist Normal Type or are immune to it like Ghosts, Rock and Steel.

I'm curious to hear you guys pokemons!
[grabs notepad]

Hey there, I really liked it, thanks for your time, I'll remember it next  🌸

This format looks really good, hope the community will participate a lot 🙂 

I'm currently thinking, if I have the time I'll post my 3 favorite mons for sure !

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Antho l'Abricot said:

Hey there, I really liked it, thanks for your time, I'll remember it next  🌸

This format looks really good, hope the community will participate a lot 🙂 

I'm currently thinking, if I have the time I'll post my 3 favorite mons for sure !

Glad to hear it!
Some of these Pokemons aren't mainstream so I wanted to highlight them as most people tend to stick with whateve Smogon says it's good and many overlook these pokemons with good potential.

Hydreigon: Like he's the star of my team for a reason, sure it was painful to train him to 64 but it was worth it. His diverse move poll and resistances were quite helpful against trainers let me tell you. But of course, Fairies and Fairy type moves can cripple him really badly and let me tell you, there seems to be a lot of fairy type moves available for enemy trainers. Though it works in my favor sometimes in regards to dark type weaknesses, i have so many hilarious stories of people trying to use focus blast on me and missing.

Mimikyu: Play rough and Shadow claw are reliable attacks and decoy is always fun, Especially against Fantina. But of course he can't take too much of a hit and goes down pretty fast if he doesn't KO. Early game, i used his baby doll eyes to cripple certain aces like Maria's Bewear, a debuffer like that is quite useful.

Alola Muk: A very helpful tank and status setter. That's all i can articulate honestly.

Swoobat isn't really a full time member, but her attract and calm mind has helped me a lot during early game, just distract an enemy pokemon, buff up and win. I love this cheap tactic. 

• Upvote 1

Alolan ninetales: I have mine with encore bred in so that's been useful in a few battles where I outsped the opponent but had no good moves to kill quickly. A-ninetales also gets snow warning, making it a powerhouse with blizzard and a defensive wall with aurora veil. aurora veil is practically broken. Her weakness would be that she isn't the fastest mon out there and is frail so might get KO'd before being able to attack. doesn't happen too often, though.

Klinklang: sure, it's lack of secondary typing and variety of physical moves hurts but shift gear and gear grind in the many factory fields in Reborn has been enough to get me out of trouble. The infamous glass factory gauntlet, especially. Klinklang literally swept the last few mons from Radomus and Serra, saving me the trouble of having to redo the whole thing again xD

Lycanroc (day): yeah I haven't yet gotten me a dusk, I assume it'd be even better. But day is already pretty great since it outspeeds almost every mon I've encountered and hits like a truck. suffers from the weaknesses from the two above- being frail and lacking a secondary typing.

I'm also gonna express my support of swoobat from Magus, it's a great mon if you face a special attacker and they don't one-shot you lol

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

@Magus543
Sadly Hydregon is late game and Mimikyu isn't acquirable unless you use Debug Mode but yeah
A-Muk is pretty good, I used him to defeat Valaria since I poisoned the water with Sludge Wave and used Minimize 3x so he basically swept her team haha!
Simple Swoobat is THE BEST, I literally moped the floor with Marianette's Pokemons IN INTENSE by basically just using Calm Mind 3x in the beginning of battle (Made him hold a Oran Berry too) and abusing the Hallowed Field for dat boosted Confusion

@Candy
A-Ninetales is just top-notch! When we finally manage to make her learn Aurora Veil she will be SO MUCH BETTER!! I use her in my Ice Team and she is the main star!
Yeah Shift Gear + Gear Grind is an amazing combo that only this a-hole has access to, only problem is if he miss the Gear Grind tho'.. And for some reason I tend to miss those A LOT..
Yes, Dusk-Lycanroc is way better, has better status and a better Ability (unless you're making a Sandstorm team, then Morning with Sand Rush is better, his speed is already pretty high so you can focus the EV in Attack and Defense instead) but Dusk is also impossible to get perfect IV at the moment (Unless you cheat) since it needs the Own Tempo Ability and that Ability is impossible to acquire any normal way like hatching eggs..

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Candy said:

Alolan ninetales: I have mine with encore bred in so that's been useful in a few battles where I outsped the opponent but had no good moves to kill quickly. A-ninetales also gets snow warning, making it a powerhouse with blizzard and a defensive wall with aurora veil. aurora veil is practically broken. Her weakness would be that she isn't the fastest mon out there and is frail so might get KO'd before being able to attack. doesn't happen too often, though.

Klinklang: sure, it's lack of secondary typing and variety of physical moves hurts but shift gear and gear grind in the many factory fields in Reborn has been enough to get me out of trouble. The infamous glass factory gauntlet, especially. Klinklang literally swept the last few mons from Radomus and Serra, saving me the trouble of having to redo the whole thing again xD

Lycanroc (day): yeah I haven't yet gotten me a dusk, I assume it'd be even better. But day is already pretty great since it outspeeds almost every mon I've encountered and hits like a truck. suffers from the weaknesses from the two above- being frail and lacking a secondary typing.

I'm also gonna express my support of swoobat from Magus, it's a great mon if you face a special attacker and they don't one-shot you lol

While I do agree with what you say, you might want to double check what game is being spoken of here 😉

At this point, I find Midday Lycanroc to be a must-have for early game. Not only does it acquire a priority move right away (Accelrock), but it also gains Rock Tomb to lower an opponent's speed. Speaking of early game, I find that a fast Psychic or Fairy type special attacker (or even both) is needed against the Normal Gym Leader since they abuse the field like crazy. E.g. Espeon, Swoobat, Ribombee, and we used to be able to have Alolachu by then

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Magus543 said:

I had a friend put Deino and Mimikyu at the beginning, but i played fair and didn't ask for like perfect I.Vs. 

Look those two are my favorites, i just want to adventure with them.  XD.

Not really shaming you for it, heck, I am doing a Intense play right now using debug mode cuz I can't be bothered to breed eggs for like 5h straight.. I already done it before, no need to do it again in my view, I won't be using debug mode when I restart with V13 tho'

Just managed to get past Kyogre and GEE LORD, that was harder than I expected.. Had to cheese real hard with Scolipede using a Protect to get a speed boost, Batom Pass to my Vivillon (and hope the Focus Band triggers) then put her to sleep so I can switch to my Trevenant, use Leech Seed and spam Toxic until it wakes up and gets poison, at this point it was just a battle of endurance, using a Sawk with Sturdy to tank the hit and follow with Reversal, Scolipede to get 2 turns with Protect and Infernape and Pangoro coming up with Mach Punch/Bullet Punch.. Damn..

Edited by MhicKy
Correction
  • Like 1

Machamp: Lacks in Speed, but makes up for with MASSIVE ATTACK and No Guard.  Movepool is very versatile, with Bulk Up for boosting attack and defense, dynamic punch for STAB is crazy, and having Bullet Punch as priority helps with faster pokemon.  It saved me a lot during the Angie fight.

Typhlosion: Even without the crest, it is very useful for a lot of reasons.  Eruption is just broken if the HP and SPA EVs are maxed, Burn-Out can be use to make it into ??? typing leaving it with no weaknesses at the cost of getting no STAB. And it is a good sweeper.  Helps with dealing with bulker pokemon that are neutral or weak to it's typing.

Decidueye: Long Reach is very helpful with Pokemon that have abilities that can either change the ability of my pokemon and damaging them if they make contact with physical moves.  It was very helpful with the Psychic type gym, since Ghost type attacks aren't nerfed in the psychic field.  Also, I love the shiny.

• Thanks 1

@Tikkit
It sure does, being a one stage only Pokemon his status are pretty great for the beginning of the game and he can fully use the Hallowed Field to his advantage while being resistant to normal type, only problem is that Bewear she has but still

@enderowl
Machamp with Bulk UP.. Classic! He can't learn Mach Punch, can he? If he can that would be great!
Yeah, Eruption is very good against tanky pokemons, pair that with a super effect and it's a certified OHKO, the crest only serves to make him truly OP, he was always a decent Pokemon
Decidueye is a little underated in my opinion, I also like Spirit Shackles to make sure the enemy can't switch out, in my Intense play I didn't got to Psychic Gym yet (I'm going to fight Amber soon) but since you told me that I'll make sure to get him on my team!

3. Arcanine. simply a reliable and bulky Fire Type when i need it. Heat Wave, Will-o-Wisp, Morning Sun, Intimidate, Bold, Max Defense, and Leftovers means it can stall out a surprising number of physical threats.

2. Vileplume. this may seem odd, but this is because you can atually get Vileplume before you even head off to Goldenwood Forest. Level an Oddish to 20, give it a Rare Candy and the Leaf Stone you find in Gearen Park, and bam. Vileplume. this is notable because Vileplume doesn't learn any noteworthy moves for a while, and by the time the early game Vileplume falls off, you can just buy Leaf Stones if you want a better moveset on said Vileplume. but the niche here is that Vilplume just runs over everything in the Early Game with pure Base Stat Total.

1. Meganium. a nice and bulky support mon. Dual Screens by level, aromatherapy, Heal Pulse, Leech Seed, and a key resist to Ground, which some teams sorely need. Meganium is simply a good Defensive Utility Pokemon, and only gets better once it gets it's crest, because that 20% Damage Reduction is very nice.

Edited by Generic Gamer
spelling
  • Upvote 1

I've been replaying the game on Intense Mode and have developed a large team of Mons. The Pokemon that have consistently been the heroes of my team are...

1 -  Geodude/Graveler/Golem with Sturdy

The ability to guarantee survival on a hit and live at least one turn to get critical picks on the enemy team has been a god send. Also they can run bulldoze if you want to slow down Pokemon like legendaries and send in someone else who able to finish the job. 

2- Meowstic with Prankster

One of if not the best support Pokemon we have in Rejuvenation. Duel Screens, Thunder Wave, Yawn, and most importantly Mystic Terrain to temporarily remove the enemies perfect field and synergy.

In the Zetta and Geara fight, having my Meowstic pop a reflect, survive the crunch on the Krookodile, and drop a Mystic Terrain for my rest team to deal with their threats was the only reason i was able to get past that fight.  I needed the reflect to help my Shadow Sneak Dusclops survive the Mega Absol while she deals with the Mega Gangar. Mystic Terrain was needed to deal with Crest Flashfire Typhlosion so Lycanroc can use Accelerock without the move turning into a fire move due to the Volcanic Top Field.

3- Zebstrika

It's a really fast Pokemon in the early game and what I like to run as an electric sweeper. Can also run thunder wave which I use to help catch wild pokemon.

@MhicKy since you're playing on Intense Mode, I'm curious what you used on the Zetta/Geara fight. I really struggled during that battle and felt it was too hard even for Intense Mode. Definitely the hardest encounter for me so far on my playthrough (Currently at Melia and Venam stealing Karrina's boat: Keeping the two waiting while I finish some side quests and breed & ev train Mons) 

Also does the Debug Mod allow you to change the games difficulty? I know Luck exists but he disappeared when I wanted to change to normal while I was stuck at the Zetta/Geara battle (IDK if his disappearance is a bug or deliberate since I know he doesn't stay in one place)  

I want to make my current save my main file for V13 and I want the insurance to make fights easier in case i get stuck on one encounter that's too tough for my liking and I'm at one of those "point of no return" story sections like Rift Carnivine (another fight I struggled with but managed to overcame.)

• Upvote 1

Aight, so unfortunately, it's been a long time since i've played Rejuv, so please consider that my opinions might not be accurate here.

The 3 mons that saved me in my playthrough were Roserade, Crobat and Magnezone.

Roserade, because she was consistant throught the game, bring some valuable assets with good coverage.

Magnezone, mostly because of sturdy, while he helped paralyzed the foes.

Crobat was usually the one that came in clutch for me. Because he camed with brave bird, he extremely well against a lot of major battles (Namely flora and, suprisingly, both souta and rift gardvoir).

I could have also talked about Alolan Muk, but i'm good with those three.

@Generic Gamer
Arcanine is a classic too, decent stats overall and access to many great moves, always a good choice, only reason I don't use him is cuz Ren already does and I don't like using pokemons that my rivals also have, yeah, I am dumb like that..
Ah yes, I done that too at some of my plays! Easy access to a 3rd stage pokemon so early in game is just OP, it can also be powerful late game if you have Clorophil and a Sunny Day setup
I always tend to use ONE support pokemon in my team, usually I stick with Cryogonal for that because, like I said in Arcanine, I don't like using Pokemons my rivals also have

@DinosaurDude25
Any Pokemon with Sturdy is a MASSIVE life saver, I tend to use Sawk with Sturdy since it also has access to Reversal, woop!
Oh.. That's interesting, didn't knew the other gender had a different Ability, I thought both had Competitive but Prankster is really REALLY good, I shall consider this!
Zebistrika is also really good for a switch-in with Motor Drive if you're expecting an Electric move, in dual battles it would be cool to have a Pokemon besides it with Discharge, that would be interesting

About your other questions
Damn, it's funny you asked that cuz I just managed to beat them and.. It was confusing as all hell.. I think I got lucky(?), my main strategy was to start with a Walrein with Blizzard to change the field from Volcano to Frozen Mountain but that DAMN Typhlosion always messes me up by using Eruption.. I also had a Starmie with Blizzard so after the Typhlosion was out of the picture I managed to do it, then I basically OHKO Dragonite, Clefable and M-Absol with an A-Sandlash with Slush Rush, the M-Gengar was tricky but using a Sharpedo with Speed Boost I managed to do it, the rest of the fight is quite foggy for me to be honest.. I gotta admit.. I was SUPER LUCKY in that fight and I don't even know HOW.. if Zetta had targeted my Sharpedo I am sure I would had losed by he went for Melia's Gardevoir, Gaera and Zetta also underestimated my Walrein by using moves that weren't killing it and the Sitrus Berry on it helped as I healed a lot with Hyper Potions, thank god for Thick Fat.. Anyway my team was Walrein, Starmie, A-Sandlash, Sharpedo, Nidoking (Special Attacker) and Lycanroc.. That fight, in my opinion, is just THE WORST.. The odds are so stacked against you with Melia being useless for most of the fight, both Gaera and Zetta have good match-up AGAINST Melia wich is a massive problem.. It's even laughable how easy Amber is after this.. Took me many tries to defeat them both and many strategy changes but Amber? First try..

About being able to change difficult, I don't know tbh.. I never looked for it

So I played this originally about 1-1.5 years ago but got stuck due to a glitch. Just restarted recently because of the current pandemic.

1. Roserade/Vileplume - 1 in each playthrough. Both serve similar purposes, Roserade being better overall. Strong on the special side with a good typing. Good coverage and reliable recovery 

2. Ribombee - The only Pokemon I've used in both playthroughs. Fast sticky web user, quiver dance, and decent coverage.

Until the other day i didn't realize how good shield dust was as an ability. Usually lead off in big battles to set webs, opponent uses fake out, i don't get flinched. Amazing

3. Dragalge - This one is harder to choose. But Dragalge has saved my team in a number of battles because of its ability to take hits while I heal. Also setting toxic spikes/dragon tail if stealth rocks are up

@Miller_45
Yeah I already talked about the Roserade and Vileplume, they are very easy to get to 3rd stage by early in the game and give massive advantage too
Ribombee is Ribombee, this thing is dumb OP for no reason, helped a lot with Narcisa's Spiritomb
Dragalge is hard to get, 1% chance fishing on the sewers but being Dragon/Poison has it's advantages, he also has some decent bulk too

1. Ribombee

For the early game on Rejuv, Ribombee is an absolute monster it has a great Sp Atk and Speed making it a great sweeper and its Sp Def is no slouch either but the best thing is Ribombee learns Dazzling Gleam really early and it basically destroy maria and narcissa gym not to mention if you get a quiver dance going then its basically GG for your opponent ( Unless they have Accelrock in which case you are basically f***ed) and it can also learn Sticky web to cripple your opponent team, I still use it even in late game, quiver dance sweep is one hell of a drug

2. Talonflame

Ahh yes the big bad bird, it allows me to use a braindead cheese strategy which is Gale Wings+Tailwind. if the opponent have too much bullshit antagonist power slap this bird, switch to Haxorus, have it Sword dance and its basically over, not proud of it but hey a win is a win, other than that acrobatics and Flare Blitz also helps a lot 

3. Alolan Dugtrio 

Its a very Underated pkmn not sure why people didn't use it so much, as an early game pkmn its really good  its super fast, hits hard and learns EQ and Bulldoze quite early which helps a lot, considering the lack of good ground type for early game A-Dugtrio is a monster 

• Upvote 1

@fellowry
Yeah, with Ribombee I already said it, it's too damn OP not only for early game but ALL GAME
Talonflame.. I missed the time when they didn't nerfed Gale Wings.. I know Brave Bird with priority sounds OP but Talonflame doesn't have a very powerful base Atk, it's above average and that only covered Flying Type moves, you could always counter it with a Rock Type, for example.. But yeah, priority Tailwind is nice, I prefer Noivern for that tho'
I think people don't use A-Dugtrio because he looks ridiculous, no offense, it's just a joke of a Pokemon design.. Take a Dugtrio, an already poorly designed pokemon, and slap a wig, TA~DAAAAH!! New Pokemon!! Ugh.. But he is very viable indeed, Ground/Steel is a nice type and lil' dud is FAST!!

1. Chandelure
Helped me alot in many boss fights with access to Curse and Will-o-Wisp. also with it's Astounding Sp.attk can be useful  in doubles thanks to Heat wave.

2. Togedemaru
Maru hits decent and helped me against Valarie, Angie And Kyogre Fight thanks to Nuzzle,Zing Zap and Sturdy. the paraflinch combo also help me alot

3.Meowstic Prankster
Dinosaurdude already mencioned and explained how good this Mon can be as Support. Priority Screens is simply too good and Access to Priority Misty Terrain not only helps your teammates status problem but  it also ruins Boss And Gym Leaders Fields.

@Zetto
Chandelure
For that role I think a Trevenant (like I posted in my main message) is a better option due to Harvest allowing him to use Sitrus Berry multiple times, I do agree that Heat Wave is amazing at doubles tho' so it would be better to keep Chandelure at the attacker role and get something bulkier like the Trevenant for those situations, he also learns Leech Seed which you can do Leech Seed, Will'o'Wisp and Curse, once we manage to get access to the Protect TM it will make my day!

Togedemary
Ah yes, Togedemaru's paralyzes + flinch is just amazing, I am just sad by the fact he doesn't learn any good Steel Type moves.. You gotta make it learn Iron Tail or Iron Head in a tutor and we don't have access to U-Turn or else he would be 2x better!

Meowstic
Yeah DinosaurDude also said the same, Prankster overall is a good Ability, when Sableye didn't use to have any weakness he was the king of Prankster, this Ability is the whole reason people have a Pokemon with Taunt on their comp teams

Edited by MhicKy

Gonna drop a few more to help the new people!

#1 - Swoobat w/ Simple
You can get a Woobat pretty early in the game and because it evolves with friendship, with a little bit of patience, you can get it's fully evolved form right away, having Simple means everytime it gets a status change it's doubled and, guess what? In Rejuvenation it learns Calm Mind around levels 20~30 (Forgot the exact one) instead of the usual Lv45 which will increase both it's Sp.Atk and Sp.Def in 2 stages due to the Ability, it's also pretty good against the first 3 gyms, Venam and Keta for obvious reasons and Marianette because her field boost damage of Psychic moves which Swoobat can fully exploit for a delicious sweep!

#2 - Leavanny
You're gifted a Sewaddle in route's 1 cave and like Woobat it evolves to it's final form with friendship, it isn't useful at Venam's gym tho' since it's typing is awful but it can easily get to it's final form which the cheeky method of using a Rare Candy to get past Lv20 to 21, evolve it, then use a Reverse Candy back to Lv20, Leavanny has pretty good stats overall and can be useful later on due to that, pretty fast AND strong (and it can even learn Sticky Web, look at that)!

#3 - Nidoking
This one is a OG good one, never fell from grace and stayed strong since the generations and with even more moves to it's arsenal, it can be even a Physical or Special Attacker which is a amazing, you can get the male Nidoran right in the beginning and since it needs a Moon Stone to evolve, you can use the cheeky method of saving before fighting the Lunatone in Amethyst Cave, capturing it and resetting if it's not holding a Moon Stone to be able to get a Nidoking right early, it sure helps against Keta and it's a force to be reckon with though out the game.

- Contrary Serpierior, Makes early stat lowering moves infinitely easier to deal with, and when it learn leaf storm it was amazing.

-Altaria: With cotton gaurd, helped out with the Fight against the guy with Giratina at the burnt radio tower.

-Medicham- it pure power ability was VERY crucial in many battles. Glad it was available early.