3 Pokemons that ALWAYS saves you

MhicKy

1. Swampert

Water/Ground is one of the best combos in the game and water and ground are both very important types to have, even better in one mon that happens to be so great, base stats are decent (its basically Incineroar), movepool is limited but it gets just what it needs, waterfall/liquidation earthquake icepunch/avalanche stealth rock should be its mandatory set, with evs all on hp and attack and holding leftovers.

2. Aegislash

Steel/Ghost is also another broken type, and this is also a very unbalanced mon, it can use both physical and special sets very well but i personally prefer it as a swords dance sweeper, its typing, stats, and king's shield means its pretty much being able to setup on something most of the time, shadow sneak help cancelling the speed loss and does actual damage when buffed, and sacred sword gives perfect coverage, coincidentally his spread is the same as Swampert, all on hp attack and held leftovers imo.

3. Serperior

It does have certain issues if you are raising one since the start with contrary because it fucks up with moves like growth and coil, and Snivy is basically fast Chikorita, however i like to think its like a pseudo-legendary investment, it will take a while unless you cheat and breed it learning leaf storm already but its definitely worth it, its base stats are just the way they should be, good natural bulk, very fast, damage is of course always lacking the first time, but spamming a 130BP move and gaining +2 at same time is absurd, and hidden power fire coverage is just the cherry on top, even better, the one iv speed drop needing for hp fire means nothing, because pokemon at base speed 112 reach at max 355, Serperior 113 reaches 357 then 356, personally i prefer it's last two moves to be glare and substitute, substitute eases predictions and makes it even threatening, and glare for team support since its a very rare move and a good one at that (100% paralysis), and there are times if they break your sub while przd, you can sub again and when they get prz'd, then kill them to have more stat gains AND a sub, so its a sweeper and annoyer at once, i recommend.

• Like 1

@Crimson_Mc_Black
Serperior - That's a classic but I still prefer Lurantis or Malamar with Contrary, I think it fit them bette, Lurantis specially since she can learn both Leaf Storm AND Superpower (but not currently since it requires a move tutor) but the Contrary strategy is always amazing indeed

Altaria - I believe Cotton Guard is the strongest defensive buff, only a few Pokemons have it so I get what you're saying, I remember back in X/Y using it on a Furfrou with Fur Coat, it was fun!

Medicham - I also use Medicham! Pure Power is OP and she also learns High Jump Kick quite early too so, as long as you don't miss, she is pretty good at OHKO

My big three that have really saved me are

1. Contrary Serperior, for the reasons mentioned above. I remember having a slightly easier time against the first rift due to intimidate boosting my attack AND Florin's Cradliy everyone bitches about? Died in two Leaf Storms would have won the gym first try if it wasn't for sleep ruining my Serperior's epic sweep.

2. Alolan Ninetales, a good special tank that can also hit hard. Not to mention that it can get Snow warning to change the weather, be it annoying rain or unfavorable sun. Access to Blizzard which can change feilds, can make some battles easier. Ex: The Rift Gardivor, I froze the rift field and that not only removed sleep damage at the end of every turn, but also allowed my ninetales a quadruple resistance to some dark type moves, like dark pulse.

3. Xatu, the reason I used it was because I forgot about woobat's existence. But magic bounce is a really fun ability and Xatu is easy to get since all you need to do is level a Natu up to lv.25. Air Slash will save your life in the second gym(fighting) and Xatu's access to psychic moves will help out in the third gym(normal) and Ominous Wind's field boost and buffs if you're feeling ballsy in the fourth gym(ghost).

Honorable mention to Sylveon and Mawhile, a Slyvie can become a calm mind sweeper that refuses to die, and Maw for how hard it can hit if given the chance (Sheer Force life orb!) and amazing typing.

1. Greninja 

With Protean, effectively giving me STAB on any move, and the diverse move set allows it to help a lot. Like Souta, using smack down on his lead bought the field to a mountain top making the battle a lot easier 

2. Alolan Raichu 

The massive special attack and speed make it a great revenge killer, and always went I'm when something had low hp and needed to be killed. After a couple nasty plots, anything that touched the field was dead with a psychic or a thunderbolt, and if I needed to cripple a pokemons speed, thunderwave was the option 

3. Torkal, while it wasn't a main stay on my team, it was crucial in two battles, the bug and grass gyms. Each these battles start with rain, so bringing the sun changed it to a rainbow field which allowed my actual fire type, flareon, to kill anything in those battles without worrying about rain reducing my damage 

Finally I know this thread is about rejuvenation, but my Shiny Haxorus from reborn (who I was lucky enough to be able to get from the mystery egg) was absolutely kick ass, dragons dance (or swords dance) pretty much allowed me to kill most things in 1 turn 

Edited by thomas2104

@Supreme
Swampert - He was one of the reasons I managed to beat Erick in his eletrick-type gym, him and Seismitoad, Water/Ground sure is very convenient specially for opponents like Erick that don't have a Grass type to counter them, he also has plenty of bulk and his mega has Swift Swim, like, Jesus!

Aegislash - He is kinda OP tbh, but I don't think you can get on in Rejuvenation tho'

Serperior - Already talked about it

@SmilodonLady
Serperior, A-Ninetales - Already talked about it

Xatu - Man, Xatu is underated! He and Swoobat moped the floor with Keta's fighting types! Magic Bounce is ridiculous and yes, Ominous Wind is a pretty good move, sadly it's very lucky based too.. I kept my Xatu for my Intense team, never disappointed me!

Sylveion and Mawile - I ain't very fond of monotypes like the eevelutions tbh, except for Jolteon and Espeon as for Mawile, my favorite Pokemon! Played Ruby blind and didn't even knew it didn't evolved so I went all the way into becoming a champion with one in my team, getting the Fairy type on gen6 and a Mega really made this simple forgettable pokemon into a massive killing machine! Once we get our hands on a mega ring, I am counting you b****es!

@thomas2104
Greninja - Yeah that one is OP and once we get Scorbuny with Libero it will also join their ranks, I would go as far as to say that I think Cinderace will be even stronger tho' since Pyro Ball is a pretty OP move

A-Raichu - I never liked Raichu for being a monotype but A-Raichu being also Psychic is a good change for me, yeah, massive revenge killer

Torkoal - I love Torkoal, LOVE IT, Drought is a very amazing ability, to go with it, weakening Water Types as it increases his fire moves and it makes pokemons with Clorophyl shine, he is amazing in double battles because of it's strong defense and he can also learn Heat Wave, I LOVE TORKOAL

MhicKy:

Leavanny has pretty good stats overall and can be useful later on due to that, pretty fast AND strong (and it can even learn Sticky Web, look at that)!

Leavanny was the reason I was able to get the Amulet Coin early thanks to Fell Stinger.

To get the Amulet Coin you need to defeat the white hair lady on the third floor in the Aqua building. She has an Abra, Kadabra, and a Level 80 Alakazam.

Since the Abra has Focus Sash and seems to always trigger Trick Room, you can two shot Abra and one shot Kadabra with Fell Stinger and deal significant damage to Alakazam with X-Scissor. If your Leavanny has Swarm active (assuming you have the ability) before the fight maybe you can even one shot Alakazam. If you can't one shot Alakazam, I think you still have a turn or two of Trick Room to finish it off and/or use priority moves.

I fought her at Level 40 and was able to get the Amulet Coin before Blacksteeble. 

Edited by DinosaurDude25
Grammar

• 2 weeks later...

Might as well throw some of my experiences into the pile, since they might be helpful for someone.

Alolan Muk- Okay, before you yell at me about how everyone and their mother already uses the living recycling center, here me out: I specifically run Alchemy on mine. That's right, the Doubles-only Ability that requires an ally to die to even function. Turns out that those hoops are surprisingly easy to jump through in this game. I needed something with decent power to sweep the Electric Gym with? Let the Alolan Raichu die to pass Surge Surfer to muk for speedy Poison action*! Random mook giving me a hard time with their bulky, Psychic and Fighting resistant 'mons? Pass medicham's Pure Power over and whack over the head with super-powered Crunches! The Puppet Master's Trick Room and Aelita's blaziken both about to die in the same round**? Hey, a free Speed Boost to keep the TR from coming back out! Heck, there was one fight I only won off of a lucky proc. from my banette's accidentally-transferred Cursed Body. Couple with the right set of Abilities among the rest of the team, Alchemy!muk can really make a splash in the many Double battles the game has.

*This was back when Erick ran Electric Terrain, so I didn't even get the Field bonus at the time... 😿

**Given that the AI was even worse with using Trick Room at the time than it is now, I'm admittedly unsure if it ever clicked the move again to begin with. But hey, insurance is insurance, right?

Salazzle- You know how Jan says that you can fight Fire with Fire against Amber? Uh, yeah, I kinda took that one to heart. Salazzle's blistering Speed, alongside access to Nasty Plot and Magma Drift, made this Gym in particular a lot less troublesome than I thought it'd be. Her most important role was as a suicide lead against Souta, however. The fact that his skarmory can easily one-shot her regardless of what I did meant that the Defense drop from the Telluric Seed didn't matter for her at all, allowing her to easily get away with negating the old man's biggest advantage over me and push the annoying bird down to Sturdy simultaneously- thereby giving my team its only opening to victory. Aside from that, just having a hard-hitting speedster that can shrug off Taunts with ease (a detail the AI refused to catch onto in one fight, R.I.P.) is pretty handy against the many normal enemies in the game- just be careful with Double Battles when packing Magma Drift!

(She also helped out a lot against Crawli, but since that was entirely do to the fact that one of the Shadow Pokémon in the Sheridan scenario was a salandit that learned Water Pulse when Purified back in V9, and was pretty much replaced immediately)

Oricorio- An admittedly recent addition to my team (blame the Crest; it's simple but effective), but the dancebirb has nonetheless pulled its weight handily. Much like salazzle, it's fast and hard-hitting (especially with the Crest), but it also bears a bit more flexibility to go with that power. The Ghost Typing's handy to have for the exploration part of the game thanks to its vast neutral coverage and ability to escape any unwanted Wild Battle, while the Nectars give you the (some limited) ability to adapt for any given battle. Pom-Pom was helpful against the Wailord boss and the lady meditating underwater, Baile finished off the sister at Ground Zero's steelix and used the boost from that to incinerate the rest of her team (especially that ledian; seriously, the Dancer Ability is nuts on the Big Top Field), and Pau let her savage a substantial chunk of Aya's team to boot!

Be careful about using it against Ryland, though- Revelation Dance's Type matches that of oricorio's first one at all times, so effects that change that Type will also change the Dance. This means that his Desert's Mark technique will turn into a Ground Type attack (which his gliscor and claydol are both immune to), on top of making you lose Sensu's ability to swap out despite the Sand Tomb effect- leaving you stuck in a suboptimal position. Yay... 😓

And a bonus, for all you lovely people out there!

From the Ability that brought you Serperior and Lurantis (but not Spinda- we refuse to take responsibility for that blatant knock-off!), we bring you the most outstanding non-Water sea life yet: Malamar! Just like your other favorite Contrary-brand products, Malamar can turn your foes' pathetic attempts at weakening you into power, and transform the downside of powerful attacks into a means of snowballing out of control! But this one can do so much more than the others thanks to a revolutionary new addition to the tried and true formula: Topsy-Turvy! Flip your foes' pathetic attempts at sweeping you into overwhelming weakness! Confound your enemies with a complete reversal of the Type Chart they're familiar with! Deny them of any and all bonuses they received from the battlefield itself! All this power, packed into a single, easy-to-use attack! Unleash the might of the Suspicious Squid Spectacular today!*

*Due to unforeseen scheduling issues, shipment has regrettably been delayed until after the Kristilline Incident. Thank you for your understanding.

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...

I may sound insane but....

Midnight Lycanroc, Nidoqueen, and Zebstrika

Lycanroc: hard carried me through the first 3 gyms you be thing the second gym is a fighting gym and yes there is a move called counter and he one shot everything

Nidoqueen: not nedoqueen exactly but and pokemon with sheer force and moves with extra effects my nidoqueen with poison jab and earth power

Zebstrika just great fast attacker

Dedenne and Greninja - The game is full of double battles, and I lead every single double battle with Dedenne and Greninja. Greninja mat blocks while Dedenne discharges before switching to Thunder/Play Rough/Grass Knot. Greninja can sport Spikes as well for double battles which might be a bit controversial but allows damage to be made by Double Battle Pokémon and makes it immune to Discharging Dedenne.

Medicham - Pure Power + Hi Jump Kick is incredibly strong and also makes training with the audino trainers easy