Legends of Derry [Game over - Town & Tailor WIN]

NickCrash

8 minutes ago, Alistair said:

smh Bean and Blanket gamethrew again 🙃

I'm not dead, which means the Arsonist presumably doused someone else last night. Depending on how much of a gambler they are, it may be my last day phase.

On the other hand, we have nearly 50% chance of lynching scum regardless of who we choose. The evils also have a higher chance of hindering each other as the game progresses, so the situation is much less dire than it would be vs an organized mafia.

Wait!

We still ought to be careful enough not to lynch Jester here.

Ok how tf did arsonist douse two people (cause from what I understood both Bean and Kiet died from the explosion) in N1 to burn on N2??? Bamboozled 

[Eliminate] Nicki 

because i can't risk doing a dumb again

Can someone explain to me why the Jester hasn't tried to get themselves lynched yet?

Sigh Well this leads me to believe:

a) The Jester probably doesn't post a whole lot.

b) This is probably their first time as Jester, and thus are unfamiliar with getting themselves lynched.

c) One of the roles (presumably Tailor) may have changed the actual Jester to appear as another role on the dead list.

If we ignore the last probability (as the Jester is already dead so we don't have to worry) then I conclude that the Jester is most likely Sophie or Arch.

On a side note the Tailor gave me their horny slut thorny suit and I'm kinda bleeding out here.  Any chance the doc out there can give me a good ole check up this night phase?

1 minute ago, Dragoknight said:

Can someone explain to me why the Jester hasn't tried to get themselves lynched yet?

Sigh Well this leads me to believe:

a) The Jester probably doesn't post a whole lot.

b) This is probably their first time as Jester, and thus are unfamiliar with getting themselves lynched.

c) One of the roles (presumably Tailor) may have changed the actual Jester to appear as another role on the dead list.

If we ignore the last probability (as the Jester is already dead so we don't have to worry) then I conclude that the Jester is most likely Sophie or Arch.

On a side note the Tailor gave me their horny slut thorny suit and I'm kinda bleeding out here.  Any chance the doc out there can give me a good ole check up this night phase?

I'm afraid I'm too dumb to perceive what's happening. What's happening to you?

51 minutes ago, Aldo said:

Wait!

We still ought to be careful enough not to lynch Jester here.

That's correct. Ideally we should avoid lynching the Jester, but I would still take a Jester lynch over another town lynch at this point. Sure if the Jester dies and wins, they can take someone else down with them. But the Jester is as blind as us and could kill an evil role for all we know. It's risky, but it's not that terrible.

44 minutes ago, Candy said:

Ok how tf did arsonist douse two people (cause from what I understood both Bean and Kiet died from the explosion) in N1 to burn on N2??? Bamboozled 

I'm confident these two were not killed by the Arsonist. The Arsonist can only decide to kill everyone who is doused when they stay home. I was doused N1, and I'm not dead.

Furthermore, people who burn to death are damaged beyond recognition. We know who died and what their roles were.

Judging by Nick's narrative, I think Bean was given an explosive suit by the Tailor. Then he jailed Kiet or all people (might be because of the Witch's shenanigans) and both died in the explosion.

• Global Mods
43 minutes ago, Aldo said:

I'm afraid I'm too dumb to perceive what's happening. What's happening to you?

Judging by Drago’s claim, he was given some kind of suit that causes bleeding. If the Doctor doesn’t visit him then he’ll most likely die.

On a side note, Bean’s and Kiet’s deaths, and Drago’s claim, leads me to believe that the Tailor does not change a person’s alignment/role upon investigation or death. I am not too confident with this, however.

Since the role is similar to the ToS variant, I can only assume the Arsonist cannot choose whom he ignites when he douses people, so I can only assume that Bean (since he claimed to have received one yesterday) was given some kind of explosive suit, like Ali said.

47 minutes ago, Alistair said:

That's correct. Ideally we should avoid lynching the Jester, but I would still take a Jester lynch over another town lynch at this point. Sure if the Jester dies and wins, they can take someone else down with them. But the Jester is as blind as us and could kill an evil role for all we know. It's risky, but it's not that terrible.

I wouldn’t oppose to a Jester lynch, but perhaps we could wait a little and get the Jester to work with town if possible. If the Jester wants to win, too, then I don’t think this is a bad offer. That depends on what everyone else thinks, though.

2 minutes ago, cicada said:

I wouldn’t oppose to a Jester lynch, but perhaps we could wait a little and get the Jester to work with town if possible. If the Jester wants to win, too, then I don’t think this is a bad offer. That depends on what everyone else thinks, though.

That's an interesting idea. The fun thing about the Jester is, their wincon is totally compatible with the town's. If we knew who the Jester is, we could agree with them to get rid of the other evils first, then lynch the Jester last. Town wins. Jester wins. Everyone is happy. Well, besides the other evils ofc.

• Global Mods

Looking at the wincon for the Tailor, it seems they’re also compatible with literally anyone’s wincon.

So, really, the Jester might only have to haunt either the Arsonist or Coyote (Witch at a stretch, but they die if no evils are left I think?). I also wouldn’t oppose to the Jester aiming for the Tailor if they so desired.

We should probably wait for the Coyote to die before we get the Jester to reveal themselves maybe?

Yeah, that's the only reason why they should stay hidden tbh.

I just realized that Coyote can't store guns indefinitely because each new one they receive replaces the previous one. They also don't gain any form of invincibility from guessing right, unlike previous games with a Coyote. So they're much less fearsome than I thought. Still an annoyance because they're the only thing preventing us from roleclaiming somewhat comfortably.

Death to the Coyote and the Arsonist 💀

Thanks, Nicki. More of your helpfulness is welcome.

I always thought that the Jester was like Fool, as if the game ende--actually, I'm dumb. It clearly said someone would be haunted after their death and the game would need to be ongoing for that to happen.

Atm, my calls for the 5 remaining evils would be Lía, Amber, Sopheria, Arch and Anti. Ofc these are mere guesses. One or several may be dead wrong.

I think it would be useful for each of the remaining players to post a similar list of who they think could be the 5 evils. After a large enough sample is gathered, let's see which name(s) are the most frequently mentioned.

Evil roles reading this, please remember that your fellow creatures of the night are your enemies too. It is in the best interest of everyone to make a genuine effort and attempt to come out on top.

I'm sure we ought to find one, if not 3 evil roles within Arch, Amber, Sopheria and Anti. Just like Alistair, save for I'm not sure about Lia.

I guessed earlier Anti wasn't the serial killer, and I don't know him that much, but I feel that he's true to himself. I could be wrong, too ~ When Anti's town, he makes effort to scumhunt, but when he's mafia he lets US do the scumhunting, while he cheers us on the distance. Make the town great again.

Sopheria's games are so quiet I don't know how to read them.

Arch's been more like being on his own than collaborating. Has anyone interacted with Arch before? No? Thought so.

Amber only showed up to defend himself, last I saw him. Survival focus?

• Global Mods

I’m not going to say for definite, but there’s still also the possibility of Drago (and Ali, although this one I very much doubt) being one of the evil roles. I want to hope he’s town, but him claiming to receive some kind of suit that caused bleeding could also mean he wants to survive longer to achieve his wincon. Could see him being Jester this way (doesn’t want to die by bleeding out).

I feel like Lía could be an evil role, but honestly I’ve always struggled to accurately read her.

Idk, in order to be giving out exploding suits, guessing peepos roles and wiring peepos to their imminent deaths, the evil peepos must be at least somewhat active. for that reason, I'm not inclined to think Sopheria is one of them, since they didn't even know who'd been killed when they posted last day phase.

My suspicion is more concentrated on Arch, Amber, and I can't explain why but Nicki. Take it as my tingling sixth sense but like you know, my senses tend to be pretty numb (for example, I like pineapple on pizza). That's why I voted her for my backup vote, I know, capricious but when am I not?

As for Anti, I'm not sure. This one comment she made stands out to me:

On 11/2/2019 at 5:22 PM, Anti-loser said:

Jailer would have to lock up Kiet throughout the nights to prevent any night actions targeting the revealed bulletproof. 

Jailer appears to have gone ahead and taken this advice, but that ended up causing both jailer and bulletproof's deaths. Was this somehow predicted? Was it just an innocent advice? Am I really sugary? Will we ever find out?

• Sad 1

I'm getting a bad vibe from nicki too, but Ali is the one I suspect the most. His suspicion against me is not warranted at all, at least from my point of view but I guess that knowing my own role gives me some insight that others might lack when reading me. I kinda understand the reasons he might have suspected me at first but I don't think those hold up anymore.

Hell, I could see Ali being arsonist himself and abstaining N1 just to be able to say that he was doused instead. Might look like a waste of a night, but it makes him a lower priority for the several other killing roles and even the lynches. He's contributing, sure, but even then his contributions lack substance. He seems more interested in promoting random lynches than in making any significant attempt at bringing new ideas to the table, especially telling at this point of the game.

[Eliminate] Ali

• Global Mods
24 minutes ago, Candy said:

Jailer appears to have gone ahead and taken this advice, but that ended up causing both jailer and bulletproof's deaths. Was this somehow predicted? Was it just an innocent advice?

I’m not sure if it was predicted. Bean said he received a suit yesterday (presumably on N1, I don’t know when the Tailor acts) and then exploded sometime between the end of N2 and the beginning of D3. It wasn’t instantaneous.

I am not sure if the Tailor visits a specific person or a specific role. I think if they visited a specific role, they’d have probably aimed for one of the other Evil roles.

This leads me to believe that this was either a coincidence or the Witch was somehow involved.

4 minutes ago, Walpurgis said:

Hell, I could see Ali being arsonist himself and abstaining N1 just to be able to say that he was doused instead.

It wouldn’t surprise me if this was Ali’s plan all along, honestly. He could be holding off igniting because doing so would prove that he’s the Arsonist, since he wouldn’t die (obviously). This is what I was hinting at earlier, but honestly this is a risky plan and I’m not too sure if Ali would go ahead with it if he is indeed the Arsonist.

I’m not going to vote for him yet. If anyone, I’d vote Arch or AL. We already know that I don’t have a town read on AL (I mentioned that already). Something about Arch rubs me the wrong way.

Please remember that I was initially against Newt’s lynch, too. It’s not really a good defence, but most of us voted for him because the only confirmed townie at that point (Kiet) was adamant that Newt was the Coyote and we didn’t have any other ideas. Everyone else who voted for Newt is just as wrong as I was, so please don’t fault only me for that. (I know nobody mentioned this, but I’d rather mention it before someone points fingers.)

I’ll give a placeholder, but I do have time to change votes if we decide to do so.

[eliminate] Arch.

Alistair being Arsonist doesn't make sense. He could be called out if he didn't die when a fire happened. Plus, being doused didn't mean he couldn't be evil, so that'd be another wasted effort.

I was about to point that, but Nicki already did.

Lia's behaviour is blame-shifting. She said she thought Newt was Jester, so that's why she didn't vote him. Yet, when he flips town, we are to blame?

Granted, we lynched Cop, but nobody believed Newt was town, even you, so how come we're suddenly mafia for that?

I was going to poke holes into Lía's charge against me, but Nicki and Aldo did that excellently, so there isn't much left to say in that regard. The idea that I could be an Arsonist pretending to douse myself is amusing, but that strategy isn't viable long term.

Her post does contain something interesting though.

1 hour ago, Walpurgis said:

but I guess that knowing my own role gives me some insight that others might lack when reading me. 

This rings true. Or at least, it sounds very akin to how I feel when I'm aware of my own town role and get suspected for reasons that I find lacking.

Thank you for the useful exchange.

For now, I will look elsewhere.

[Eliminate] Arch

Gonna post big later but for now

Eliminate Alistair

Cheeky boi trying to find mayor with that last moment lynch. You didn’t think we wouldn’t see that 5v6. Glad everyone got onto the arsonist case cause bloody nick decided the day to begin in the FREAKING MIDNIGHT.

Aldo amma need you think smarter in this situation cause gonna start thinking your the witch blindly working with Alistair.

Given Day 3’s description, an explosive suit might’ve been the caused. Yeah pretty much puts in really terrible position for my suggestion. Although Candy of all people questioning me actually favourable. If I prove innocent, I get to question.

Sure

Am psychiatrist

42 minutes ago, Aldo said:

She said she thought Newt was Jester, so that's why she didn't vote him. Yet, when he flips town, we are to blame?

I might not have been right about Newt being the Jester and I certainly didn't know Lykos was the serial killer when I voted him, but I think you all made a bad move regardless and in a twist of destiny it had even worse consequences than if Newt had flipped Jester. Anyways, this seems a bit unrelated and I don't understand why it suddenly matters now.

1 hour ago, cicada said:

Please remember that I was initially against Newt’s lynch, too. It’s not really a good defence, but most of us voted for him because the only confirmed townie at that point (Kiet) was adamant that Newt was the Coyote and we didn’t have any other ideas. Everyone else who voted for Newt is just as wrong as I was, so please don’t fault only me for that. (I know nobody mentioned this, but I’d rather mention it before someone points fingers.)

I'm sorry if you genuinelly meant this but it feels uncharacteristically awkward for you (?) which makes me think you could be the Jester. and again I don't get why youre bringing up Newt's lynch. I don't think anyone knew he was the sheriff, but I thought the general consensus was that he was the Jester, so I don't think it was logical to lynch him. I repeat what I just said to Aldo. Idk why this is coming up suddenly? I didn't mean anything serious with that.

• Global Mods
11 minutes ago, Anti-loser said:

Am psychiatrist

Are you really role claiming when the Coyote is still alive? I want to hope for everyone else’s sake that you’re false claiming, but this won’t be good for you if it turns out you’re lying.

3 minutes ago, Walpurgis said:

I don't get why youre bringing up Newt's lynch.

I was going to avoid bringing that topic up, because it’s not really anything worth noting, but I thought it’d be better to do so because it’s a topic that could’ve been brought up in the future. I wasn’t meaning to aim that specifically at you, but to anyone who might bring it up at any time. Candy seems to suspect me as well, so I’m hoping bringing that up did clear a few things. If it didn’t, then I’m not sure I can do much else lol.

For what it’s worth, I no longer have an evil read on you, Lía. I don’t know if that’s worth something, but you’ve provided enough to shift my read.