Pokemon Desolation Episode 5

Caz

So I guess one more day of no updates and it's time to start panicking. It really sucks, Caz hasn't logged onto the forums since January 19 so either something happened to him or this project is dead. Otherwise he could at least say: "Yea it's been delayed. It will be out when it's out." but not even that.

5 hours ago, ArcherEric said:

yeesh be patient

you dont want episode 5 to be a letdown right?

right

I have been patient. You don't see me asking that question everyday. I obviously don't want episode 5 to be a letdown but someone has to ask how much time's left. Anyway I'll try to remain patient

1 hour ago, Phi-Bi said:
  Hide contents

Got to say this music caught me the first time it came up...........LOOOOVE this thing. Like the character too.

3 hours ago, Gheist said:

So I guess one more day of no updates and it's time to start panicking. It really sucks, Caz hasn't logged onto the forums since January 19 so either something happened to him or this project is dead. Otherwise he could at least say: "Yea it's been delayed. It will be out when it's out." but not even that.

You can’t really assume that either of these are the outcomes, making a fan game is a LOT of work, and self set deadlines usually aren’t met. I’m sure he’s working on it here and there.

59 minutes ago, Dave9 said:

I have been patient. You don't see me asking that question everyday. I obviously don't want episode 5 to be a letdown but someone has to ask how much time's left. Anyway I'll try to remain patient

Not trying to be rude or anything, but if you're being patient, you don't have to ask how much time is left. No one needs to.

It'll be ready when it's ready. Knowing when that time is won't magically accelerate the process.

1 hour ago, Lucky98 said:

Not trying to be rude or anything, but if you're being patient, you don't have to ask how much time is left. No one needs to.

It'll be ready when it's ready. Knowing when that time is won't magically accelerate the process.

To be fair, this isn't about when it's going to be ready though. This is about "is this thing still being worked on?".

I would play the new episode independently on when it comes out, be it tomorrow or in 2019. It's just that if he really stopped working on the game, it would be cool to know, nothing more (I think this is what Dave meant at least).

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Enigma Shot U said:

You can’t really assume that either of these are the outcomes, making a fan game is a LOT of work, and self set deadlines usually aren’t met. I’m sure he’s working on it here and there.

Is it a lot of work to log into the forums and post "I'm still working on the game but I don't know when the next release will be."? 

If you check his profile, he hasn't been on since January 19th. This isn't about being impatient, something actually might have happened to him.

• Global Mods
18 minutes ago, Gheist said:

Is it a lot of work to log into the forums and post "I'm still working on the game but I don't know when the next release will be."? 

If you check his profile, he hasn't been on since January 19th. This isn't about being impatient, something actually might have happened to him.

Nah Caz just basically never visits the forums

59 minutes ago, teddybrer said:

YES

While on the subject of music, has anyone found the music that plays in Addenfall?

I don't know. However, Final Fantasy Music playing while you fight Crescent Grunts make Grunt fights more epic than they should be.

Also, Battle - Rogue Fox? From the Guitar beat, I'd say it was LittleVmills, but i am not so sure. It feels as If I've heard it before.

On 26/2/2018 at 10:49 PM, Dimegod said:

Hello, I'm kind a new member on this site. I visit from time to time but I've never signed up, I just stop by to read the forum and try the games that's it. I made account recently just in case I ever had something to say and I guess that time has come. I'm actually stuck on a part in this game, its the gym battle with Emily. I have a team of Graveler, Sceptile, Machamp, Krookadile, Magmar, and Greninja (I know gren isn't much help in a electric gym but I don't have a replacement really so he's just there) all around the late 40s. She bodies me every time and I'm starting to think my team is just bad tbh. If possible I'd like some tips for this fight. 

Personally I think your team is pretty okay to deal with Emily: Graveler and Krookodile should be able to deal with Electivire, Jolteon and Manectric, Sceptile with Rotom, Magmar with Galvantula and Machamp with Eelektross. Try to defeat Galvantula without giving it a chance to set up Sticky Web, Eelektross has an Assault Vest so it's better to use physical attacks against it. Completing the Addenfall ranger quests can be helpful since you can get a Choice Band for Krokodile/Graveler, also if Greninja is not being very helpful consider temporarily replacing it for something that can at least be useful (you can catch a Froslass at lv45 with Destiny Bond in the silver forest for example).

As for your team in general I would recommend replacing either Graveler or Krookodile with a Poison type since it helps to deal against Fighting and Fairy types.

7 hours ago, Fabularis said:

Personally I think your team is pretty okay to deal with Emily: Graveler and Krookodile should be able to deal with Electivire, Jolteon and Manectric, Sceptile with Rotom, Magmar with Galvantula and Machamp with Eelektross. Try to defeat Galvantula without giving it a chance to set up Sticky Web, Eelektross has an Assault Vest so it's better to use physical attacks against it. Completing the Addenfall ranger quests can be helpful since you can get a Choice Band for Krokodile/Graveler, also if Greninja is not being very helpful consider temporarily replacing it for something that can at least be useful (you can catch a Froslass at lv45 with Destiny Bond in the silver forest for example).

As for your team in general I would recommend replacing either Graveler or Krookodile with a Poison type since it helps to deal against Fighting and Fairy types.

I generally suggest to replace just Graveler with what you've suggested. Krookodile is already a good pokemon. If you're using Anger Point ability and survive a crit (perhaps against multi hit attack like Double Slap, since even with crit the power damage is considered weak), you can pretty much kill anything with STAB move. Although I say replace Graveler once you get your hands on Zubat which can be found in your (new) manor.

• Global Mods
55 minutes ago, whodat09 said:

I mean it's not midnight in the US yet...so maybe there's hope?

Sorry, Caz is an NZ'er like me, and it's already almost 5pm on March 1st here