Chess Mafia(Day 6 WHITE SIDE VICTORY)

DigitalAmber

Pawns 3 and 4 of each side already knew this.

It looks like all the pawns with the ability to promote this night tried to go for the queen role. I'd personally have tried to go for the white knight if I was black, 50% chance you go to the winning side + 50% chance of your side gaining an extra queen. Tbh I'd have gone for the white knight even if I was white, it looked like a secured promotion since most people would have gone for the queen + you are guaranteed to stay on the side with the advantage right now.

The white side should now be looking into who might have been a pawn based on how they acted last phase (very limited info tbh) and the black side should look for people who are obviously doing that. 

In hindsight I think Alaris as the black queen might have been trying to identify black players by claiming to be white and reading how people reacted to it, but it backfired. The queen made a risky move and died, long live the Queen I guess.

Jeah it definetly is confusing.
I am not certain, but from the Opening Post it seems, that only one piece can promote to the certain role. Meaning that all 4 pawns choose to become the black queen and only one of the 4 got selected to promote into a one.

Correct me if i am wrong.

From Bazaros statement i get a feeling he is one of the Pawns. But i am not sure.

But i also don't feel like killing Pawns is a good idea, cause they are the resources you need later into the game for filling in the roles.

Also if we kill a Pawn today, the Pawns who have the promotion this nightphase can only be promoted to the White Knight.

• Global Mods

To be honest, I kind of expected Drak to be lying about which piece he was. The king shouldn't reveal his identity and I don't think Drak would have been lynched if they were the white king 'cause check/checkmate and stuff (idk how that'd apply to this game, though). I wouldn't say any side has a different chance of winning at the moment since we both lost a piece.

Did Lía just reveal she was on the Black side?

Push me to the edge, the Queen is dead.

2 minutes ago, Walpurgis said:

Killing the pawns is a good idea if they are on the opposite side.

Doesn't matter what side the pawns are on, they don't know their side and can change sides

Even if a pawn is your color it can potentially become an enemy too, and tbh I still think the people who is already not a pawn is more useful just by virtue of not having to spend a whole night phase to become a useful role.

• Global Mods

Does that mean Amine isn't a pawn? Or do pawns know the identity of their King, too?

It looks like my queen is still alive. What does that tell you? Nothing really, since both sides have a queen in play. :^)

Well that happened. Granted I didn't really think anyone would risk saying who they are at this point.

Only thing we have at this point is we have a certain chess piece ghosting on us does anyone know if this is common for @Martin994CZ?

On 2/19/2019 at 9:31 PM, DigitalAmber said:

The pawns are the only pieces who don’t know who their king is. 

43 minutes ago, IkeSmasher_xX said:

this game is confusing, i only know my king and thats it..

🤔

42 minutes ago, cicada said:

It looks like my queen is still alive. What does that tell you? Nothing really, since both sides have a queen in play. :^)

But did your queen die? Did my queen die? Who's the queen? The mystery deepens......

Fair enough. (at what Lia and Nano said)

So killing a Pawn would only provide one option of promotion, which is the White Knight though.

But we don't have much to go from here now. Cause it's a whole other set up then the normal mafia games.

2 hours ago, Dragoknight said:

Only thing we have at this point is we have a certain chess piece ghosting on us does anyone know if this is common for @Martin994CZ?

I haven't played a single game with Martin yet, so idk. Additionally he didn't talk last day and not sure if he will talk this dayphase. But if he doesn't, he will be probably get modkilled or replaced.
So i think voting him or maybe Baz would be our best options for now.

I feel bad for lynching someone new to the game, but if he doesn't respond, he will die sooner or later regardless.

[Eliminate] Martin

As the OP says pawns don't know who is their King, so to answer your question Nicki, they don't. Also i'm trying to understand this game too lol and now we know that Amine is definitely not a pawn, since he knows who is his king. 

As for Martin I remember that i played a mafia game with him and he was inactive in there too so he got replaced. So probably if he doesn't die or he doesn't make a post, i guess he will get replaced again. And idk should we go for lynch him?

As everyone is confused I shall lead the pack

Currently black has majority so I will claim and vote someone I strongly feel is white

IM BATMAN

[UNVOTE] BAZARO

[ELIMINATE] CASS

• Veterans

So the feeling that I'm getting from the game is that as long as the king is alive, the pawns kind of act as extra stock for the other pieces with roles. And, obviously, if the king dies, the game just kind of ends.

I have my suspects for the kings, but there's still not a lot of information to go off of. I'll hold off on a vote for now.