Dev Blog | V12 Status Thread

Jan

Kinda outta nowhere but I think this episode is going to focus a lot on Erin. Considering where we left off, it would make sense. There are still so many unanswered questions about her too. Like where did she come from? Was Souta her biological grandfather, or was she adopted by him? Why did Allen & Alice call her "Eriena" ? I tried researching the name but I couldn't really come up with anything. Also, the last moments of chapter 13 make it seem like some power is going to be awakened in her, like with Melia in the Ruined Future. 

Maybe the glitchy teases are related to the eight-bit world? Alice & Allen talked about how they spent "so much time together" with Erin, and she seemed confused about it. Maybe this will go into depths about where / when / why / how this occurred.

On another note, does anyone else think Erin might be one of the darknesses? There's just something about her that feels off to me, like maybe she's holding back or not telling us everything about her. For one, she reacted weirdly when she saw Melia for the first time, implying she knew someone who looked just like her. She never explained anything about that, either, and it still hasn't been addressed. She also uses an Absol, which is the symbol for the Dark prophecy (contrasted with Melia's Gardevoir , the symbol of the Light prophecy). There's also a lot of Greek Myth references throughout the game, and Erin's name could come from The Erinyes, which is the term for the Greek Furies. They were known as "those who walk in darkness," and were hellbent on serving vengeance. I won't get into specifics about the mythology, but what was even more interesting is that they were born into the earth along with two other types of creatures---one being the giants, and the other being nymphs called Meliae. What an interesting coincidence.

We have seen her get mad quite often, especially towards Aelita. She's shown to be pretty judgmental, and, according to Flora, an incredible analyzer. 

If she were one of darknesses, she would be the perfect candidate for the one of Betrayal.

idk, just a theory. I'm interested to know what you guys think about her.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 3

23 minutes ago, sparsyle said:

Kinda outta nowhere but I think this episode is going to focus a lot on Erin. Considering where we left off, it would make sense. There are still so many unanswered questions about her too. Like where did she come from? Was Souta her biological grandfather, or was she adopted by him? Why did Allen & Alice call her "Eriena" ? I tried researching the name but I couldn't really come up with anything. Also, the last moments of chapter 13 make it seem like some power is going to be awakened in her, like with Melia in the Ruined Future. 

Maybe the glitchy teases are related to the eight-bit world? Alice & Allen talked about how they spent "so much time together" with Erin, and she seemed confused about it. Maybe this will go into depths about where / when / why / how this occurred.

On another note, does anyone else think Erin might be one of the darknesses? There's just something about her that feels off to me, like maybe she's holding back or not telling us everything about her. For one, she reacted weirdly when she saw Melia for the first time, implying she knew someone who looked just like her. She never explained anything about that, either, and it still hasn't been addressed. She also uses an Absol, which is the symbol for the Dark prophecy (contrasted with Melia's Gardevoir , the symbol of the Light prophecy). There's also a lot of Greek Myth references throughout the game, and Erin's name could come from The Erinyes, which is the term for the Greek Furies. They were known as "those who walk in darkness," and were hellbent on serving vengeance. I won't get into specifics about the mythology, but what was even more interesting is that they were born into the earth along with two other types of creatures---one being the giants, and the other being nymphs called Meliae. What an interesting coincidence.

We have seen her get mad quite often, especially towards Aelita. She's shown to be pretty judgmental, and, according to Flora, an incredible analyzer. 

If she were one of darknesses, she would be the perfect candidate for the one of Betrayal.

Who knows besides Jan, the substitute champion of Aevium and Zumi the researcher of Magnolia library

Edited by Harsh Bhakta

I am absolutely hyped for v12, I have a theory that Jan's profile picture and them trolling us is hinting to something in v12 some people say geara (due to what Cassandra was saying about him) but I think it's a stretch.

Anyways I don't understand why people are getting mad at Jan and the developers it's their decision when to release it and they are making rejuvenation for free. Also with this spare time I am finally doing side quests in rejuvenation and reborn, and training up my team.

Edit: you can replay the game, with every single version the old content is always revamped and improved on. Doing challenges runs is also interesting even if you don't finish in time for v12 (which you most likely will not).

Edited by Harryp

18 minutes ago, Akin said:

The champion of Aevium might be Alexandra.

I thought this as well, but the event at the train was too giving Alexandra is the Champion. The game itself is all about decision making. I honestly think wither Melia or Madame X will be the champion. 

42 minutes ago, sparsyle said:

There is a theory going around about multiple endings, like you choose a side.  If Erin joins the dark side, then I'll have to choose between her and Aelita.  Which I can't do so far. 

And about Alexandria being the champion, I don't really think so.  Anyone remember that guy we met in the volcano? Who gave us the emotion powder? As far as I remember, we haven't seen them again.  I was thinking that they could be a possible champion.  I don't think they will go as far as Melia or Madame X being the champion of the region though

Edited by Xavier575
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Rainlove said:

The game itself is all about decision making.

1 minute ago, Xavier575 said:

There is a theory going around about multiple endings, like you choose a side.

The game IS all about decisions. I feel like in the end we're going to have to choose which prophecy will come true.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, sparsyle said:

The game IS all about decisions. I feel like in the end we're going to have to choose which prophecy will come true.

Yeah, if this was the case, I think I'd choose the dark prophecy.  If only to annoy Melia one last time.  

6 minutes ago, Xavier575 said:

There is a theory going around about multiple endings, like you choose a side.  If Erin joins the dark side, then I'll have to choose between her and Aelita.  Which I can't do so far. 

And about Alexandria being the champion, I don't really think so.  Anyone remember that guy we met in the volcano? Who gave us the emotion powder? As far as I remember, we haven't seen them again.  I was thinking that they could be a possible champion.  I don't think they will go as far as Melia or Madame X being the champion of the region though

The guy you meet at the volcanoes who gave the emotion powder is the surfer guy in v11, always replay the game as they change sprites and various things.

1 minute ago, Xavier575 said:

Yeah, if this was the case, I think I'd choose the dark prophecy.  If only to annoy Melia one last time.  

I don't think I can do that. I'm leaning more towards ideals than truth. I also love Melia a lot, and always will take her side. The only twist I can think of is Melia being a bad character due the fact Madame X doesn't seem like an illogical character to me. 

15 minutes ago, Rainlove said:

I thought this as well, but the event at the train was too giving Alexandra is the Champion. The game itself is all about decision making. I honestly think wither Melia or Madame X will be the champion. 

I doubt meilia is the champion considering she was about to be a gym leader

1 hour ago, sparsyle said:

But we dont know if she is born to man. We only know she lived with Souta and Souta died before having a family with Cela

5 minutes ago, Mytic27 said:

But we dont know if she is born to man. We only know she lived with Souta and Souta died before having a family with Cela

I mean by the same argument, we don't know she ISN'T born to man. There is a chance that she actually is Souta's blood related granddaughter. He could've had a family with someone else. Or she did have human parents and was just orphaned.  It's too early to tell.

15 hours ago, Zumi said:

hey! so uh. that was a thing.

A lot of shit has been happening the past two days or so, but to put the long story short;

Someone apparently has managed to plant a keylogger on the shared dev drive and took control of most of our computers. We've managed to remove it from the drive, AFAIK everything's back to working as should and we've tightened up protection so this shouldn't happen again!! 

But unfortunately we actually did lose a couple of scripts that were added during the beta while everything was freaking the fuck out and we can't roll back to a version where it's not gone, so unfortunately we'll have to delay the game's release a little bit longer untill everything's back in place and ready to go. This is also why the beta has been set back to 55% -- because now we need to test again if everything is working as it did before.

Also, I'd like to formally apologize if anyone was thinking that the game was gonna come out this week and that this was our good ol' tradition of trolling the fans at the end of the dev cycle, because we actually had something completely different in mind for the whole thing... Just that, well, this whole shitshow happened in between?? ngl this is probably the scariest fucking thing that's happened in the entirety of the time that i've been helping with the game (i'm talking about like 5 years and thats long hrgrhgh) and i'm still actually reeling??? but i'm just happy that i can actually log in to my account still because holy fuck this was not good for my heart

Again, sorry that we have to make you guys wait longer than we hoped for 😭😭 We're doing our best to get back up to speed!!

You thought you got rid of the problem and that I was gone? That's cute.

It’s all good. It’s worth the wait!

3 minutes ago, Chrixai said:
15 hours ago, Zumi said:

You thought you got rid of the problem and that I was gone? That's cute.

Right.. Yeah, I guess this is all part of the build up... 

Did Blade Star capture Palkia and come to our world, hacking the game to spread their message? Or has the game become sentient?  Place your theories below people

I feel like it may be a little too early to try and guess who the champion is, given that we still don't know who most of the Elites are yet. Those guys are gonna prove to be pretty tricky in their own rights, assuming we even get to face them at all.

As for my thoughts regarding the story's end... I think the degree of immediate decision making at the climax might be different from file to file. I get the feeling that the Relationship points are going to be more significant than just interacting with each other (like how Melia's RPs impact Erin's in the Scholar District) as the game progresses, and may bar or enable certain options as the situation dictates. Similarly, does anyone know if Karma Points are still a thing, at least in V11? If they are, there's no way that they won't have their fair say at the end... and consequently, my main file's gonna be a bit screwed. 

7 minutes ago, Xavier575 said:

Right.. Yeah, I guess this is all part of the build up... 

Did Blade Star capture Palkia and come to our world, hacking the game to spread their message? Or has the game become sentient?  Place your theories below people

The green does suggest Bladestar more than anything else, though Palkia's outside of their Type profile (and possibly Spacea anyway). Maybe they've had a major breakthrough with the PULSE/Rift expirements on a Porygon-Z?

• Like 1

I can tell that Zumi is really excited for this version to come out. I’m hyped 😁

unless she be giving us some more pokedex quests on catching another set of rare mons..... um

• Haha 1

42 minutes ago, Autumn Zephyr said:

I feel like it may be a little too early to try and guess who the champion is, given that we still don't know who most of the Elites are yet. Those guys are gonna prove to be pretty tricky in their own rights, assuming we even get to face them at all.

As for my thoughts regarding the story's end... I think the degree of immediate decision making at the climax might be different from file to file. I get the feeling that the Relationship points are going to be more significant than just interacting with each other (like how Melia's RPs impact Erin's in the Scholar District) as the game progresses, and may bar or enable certain options as the situation dictates. Similarly, does anyone know if Karma Points are still a thing, at least in V11? If they are, there's no way that they won't have their fair say at the end... and consequently, my main file's gonna be a bit screwed. 

The green does suggest Bladestar more than anything else, though Palkia's outside of their Type profile (and possibly Spacea anyway). Maybe they've had a major breakthrough with the PULSE/Rift expirements on a Porygon-Z?

As far as I know, Karma points are still a thing.  I wasn't thinking about RPs making any significant change though, oh no..  

And I only stated Palkia because I couldn't think of a way they could hack Zumi and Jan.  But yes, a Rift Porygon-Z, a creature able to travel between worlds.  Maybe we're going to a Pokemonless world in the next version.  Like Pokemon Glaze did a little

• Like 1

On 2/5/2019 at 10:12 AM, Jan said:

Progress:

-͞-̧------̴-̢--̢Ol̵d ̡C̡o͡nt̡e̛nt̶:̡---̧-̕-͢--̡--̀-͝--̀--̸-̸--͘ 10͜0͡%̛

#͞#̵##͟##̕#######̸##̛#́#͜##̷# ̛|͟ ̸M̢a̢p҉ ͢C̷le͢an͜up ́(͏100̢%͜)͢
͡
͘#̛#͟####́#͢###̴#̴###͞####̢## ́| S̨c̀r̷ip̴t̀ Cleanu͟p (͝10͟0%̢)̷
̡
̶#͞#͞##҉#̨#҉#̛#̵#̀##̸#҉#̵##҉#̶#̨### |̕ Misc͜ C̢leąn̡ưp ̧(100%)͡
͟
̵--͞-͟----̨-͟--͝-̕N͏e͝w̷ Cơn҉te̕n͝ţ:-̵--̷-͟-̛-̛--̨--͡---҉--͘--͘ ̡1̴00%͡
̵
###͢###͘#̵#́#̨###͞#͞###͠##̨## ̸|̀ Mapp̢íng͞ (̨10̢0%)

̵###̧###̧###͢#̛####̶#̡#͘#### | Story̷  ҉(10͟0%͘)̧

###͜#́####̶#͘###̸#͢#͠##͏#### ̧| E͡v͜e͢nt̕i̢ng҉ ́(̛10͞0̢%)
͞
##̶#̴#͏#̷####̸#̷#̛##̧####͡#́##̶ ͜| ҉Si͟deq̵u͢e͞sts ̵(͜1͢0̸0%)͢

͡ -----͞----̨----̛-͘-̡--̷-̷-͡--̵-̧-̕--͢-̴-̕---̛--́--̧----͡-҉-̛-͘-̵-͜
͞
̀###͢#͡##͟##̡####̡#͞#҉##̷##̡## ̕|̕ ͞Tot͠al͠ ̀(͢100̡%)

-----------------Alpha:-----------------

#################### | Total (100%)

-----------------Beta:-----------------

################################ | F̢i̛a̷t L͡it ́I̕nn ̸Or (95%)

F̢i̛a̷t L͡it ́I̕nn ̸OrF̢i̛a̷t L͡it ́I̕nn ̸OrF̢i̛a̷t L͡it ́I̕nn ̸OrF̢i̛a̷t L͡it ́I̕nn ̸OrF̢i̛a̷t L͡it ́I̕nn ̸OrF̢i̛a̷t L͡it ́I̕nn ̸OrF̢i̛a̷t L͡it ́I̕nn ̸Or

D̷ͫͨ̉̅ȋ̸v̶͊ͮ͒ͬ̋͆e͗D̷ͫͨ̉̅ȋ̸v̶͊ͮ͒ͬ̋͆e͗D̷ͫͨ̉̅ȋ̸v̶͊ͮ͒ͬ̋͆e͗D̷ͫͨ̉̅ȋ̸v̶͊ͮ͒ͬ̋͆e͗D̷ͫͨ̉̅ȋ̸v̶͊ͮ͒ͬ̋͆e͗D̷ͫͨ̉̅ȋ̸v̶͊ͮ͒ͬ̋͆e͗D̷ͫͨ̉̅ȋ̸v̶͊ͮ͒ͬ̋͆e͗D̷ͫͨ̉̅ȋ̸v̶͊ͮ͒ͬ̋͆e͗D̷ͫͨ̉̅ȋ̸v̶͊ͮ͒ͬ̋͆e͗D̷ͫͨ̉̅ȋ̸v̶͊ͮ͒ͬ̋͆e͗

D̷ͫͨ̉̅ȋ̸v̶͊ͮ͒ͬ̋͆e͗D̷ͫͨ̉̅ȋ̸v̶͊ͮ͒ͬ̋͆e͗D̷ͫͨ̉̅ȋ̸v̶͊ͮ͒ͬ̋͆e͗D̷ͫͨ̉̅ȋ̸v̶͊ͮ͒ͬ̋͆e͗D̷ͫͨ̉̅ȋ̸v̶͊ͮ͒ͬ̋͆e͗D̷ͫͨ̉̅ȋ̸v̶͊ͮ͒ͬ̋͆e͗D̷ͫͨ̉̅ȋ̸v̶͊ͮ͒ͬ̋͆e͗D̷ͫͨ̉̅ȋ̸v̶͊ͮ͒ͬ̋͆e͗D̷ͫͨ̉̅ȋ̸v̶͊ͮ͒ͬ̋͆e͗D̷ͫͨ̉̅ȋ̸v̶͊ͮ͒ͬ̋͆e͗

afce84cdae0676f19c09b17b8e31787e250afbd6

o.o

On 2/4/2019 at 7:12 PM, Jan said:

Progress:

͡
̡
͟
̵

͞

͞

F̢i̛a̷t L͡it ́I̕nn ̸OrF̢i̛a̷t L͡it ́I̕nn ̸OrF̢i̛a̷t L͡it ́I̕nn ̸OrF̢i̛a̷t L͡it ́I̕nn ̸OrF̢i̛a̷t L͡it ́I̕nn ̸OrF̢i̛a̷t L͡it ́I̕nn ̸OrF̢i̛a̷t L͡it ́I̕nn ̸Or

The glitches have gotten worse. I wonder if this foreshadowing how we'll have to use our interceptor powers or something to stop the explosion at the GDC party hall

On 2/4/2019 at 5:12 PM, Jan said:

Progress:

͡
̡
͟
̵

͞

͞

Welp. The end times have come.

Ladies. Gentlemen. Nonbinary individuals. It's been an honor hyping with you.