Dev Blog | V12 Status Thread

Jan

20 hours ago, Acedy said:
  Hide contents

It's not too hard of a process.
The main thing you'll need is access to the PBS files of the latest version of Pokemon Rejuvenation, and RPGMaker XP installed, once you have those you can either modify or create an entirely new Pokemon at the section 'pokemon.txt' in the PBS folder.
To assign the rest of the visual stuff (sprite, icon, cry, etc.) you simply drop the desired sprite with the ID of that pokemon as the filename I.E 471.png, 471b.png, etc.
Once you have that you're good to go, but to obtain the Pokemon you need to enter debug mode through the game.rxproj file. (Which will also compile the PBS files that we just modified).

Are there any tutorials for this? Or it is pretty simple to do? Because this sounds fun...Imagine. My own special Meowstic

• Like 1

On 2/4/2019 at 6:12 PM, Jan said:

Progress:

-----------Old Content:----------------- 100%

#################### | Map Cleanup (100%)

#################### | Script Cleanup (100%)

#################### | Misc Cleanup (100%)

-----------New Content:----------------- 100%

#################### | Mapping (100%)

#################### | Story  (100%)

#################### | Eventing (100%)

#################### | Sidequests (100%)

-------------------------------------------

#################### | Total (100%)

-----------------Alpha:-----------------

#################### | Total (100%)

-----------------Beta:-----------------

################################ | Fiat Lit Inn Or (55%)

Dive time.

Reveal hidden contents

ZPqJZR6.png

F0zBjgD.png

Edit: Oops forgot one thing.

If you're interested in seeing things posted even earlier (I post stuff there before I post here), consider supporting me on Patreon!

https://www.patreon.com/Janichroma

I'm triggered now. Because of the progress bar.

Edited by enderowl

• Veterans

hey! so uh. that was a thing.

A lot of shit has been happening the past two days or so, but to put the long story short;

Someone apparently has managed to plant a keylogger on the shared dev drive and took control of most of our computers. We've managed to remove it from the drive, AFAIK everything's back to working as should and we've tightened up protection so this shouldn't happen again!! 

But unfortunately we actually did lose a couple of scripts that were added during the beta while everything was freaking the fuck out and we can't roll back to a version where it's not gone, so unfortunately we'll have to delay the game's release a little bit longer untill everything's back in place and ready to go. This is also why the beta has been set back to 55% -- because now we need to test again if everything is working as it did before.

Also, I'd like to formally apologize if anyone was thinking that the game was gonna come out this week and that this was our good ol' tradition of trolling the fans at the end of the dev cycle, because we actually had something completely different in mind for the whole thing... Just that, well, this whole shitshow happened in between?? ngl this is probably the scariest fucking thing that's happened in the entirety of the time that i've been helping with the game (i'm talking about like 5 years and thats long hrgrhgh) and i'm still actually reeling??? but i'm just happy that i can actually log in to my account still because holy fuck this was not good for my heart

Again, sorry that we have to make you guys wait longer than we hoped for 😭😭 We're doing our best to get back up to speed!!

You thought you got rid of the problem and that I was gone? That's cute.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 4
  • Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Zumi said:

A lot of shit has been happening the past two days or so, but to put the long story short;

Someone apparently has managed to plant a keylogger on the shared dev drive and took control of most of our computers. We've managed to remove it from the drive, AFAIK everything's back to working as should and we've tightened up protection so this shouldn't happen again!! 

But unfortunately we actually did lose a couple of scripts that were added during the beta while everything was freaking the fuck out and we can't roll back to a version where it's not gone, so unfortunately we'll have to delay the game's release a little bit longer untill everything's back in place and ready to go. This is also why the beta has been set back to 55% -- because now we need to test again if everything is working as it did before.

Also, I'd like to formally apologize if anyone was thinking that the game was gonna come out this week and that this was our good ol' tradition of trolling the fans at the end of the dev cycle, because we actually had something completely different in mind for the whole thing... Just that, well, this whole shitshow happened in between?? ngl this is probably the scariest fucking thing that's happened in the entirety of the time that i've been helping with the game (i'm talking about like 5 years and thats long hrgrhgh) and i'm still actually reeling??? but i'm just happy that i can actually log in to my account still because holy fuck this was not good for my heart

Again, sorry that we have to make you guys wait longer than we hoped for 😭😭 We're doing our best to get back up to speed!!

wait so sans is not gonna be a thing or

23 minutes ago, Zumi said:

You are so full of shit Zumi. XD

42 minutes ago, Zumi said:

Now, I feel like crap for that post I made about the importance of hard drive backup...

1 hour ago, Zumi said:

Nani? Drive as in Google drive? It just seems really odd that someone would be able to 'take over your computers' especially with no external programs... Although if a keylogger was in fact installed it would explain the deleted scripts / account changes (since it literally records the username/password for everything...) then again didn't you guys have the files on a hard copy o.o?

1 minute ago, Acedy said:

Nani? Drive as in Google drive? It just seems really odd that someone would be able to 'take over your computers' especially with no external programs... Although if a keylogger was in fact installed it would explain the deleted scripts / account changes (since it literally records the username/password for everything...) then again didn't you guys have the files on a hard copy o.o?

good point