Evolution Mafia (END - TOWN WINS!)

Alaris

Well, this is evolution mafia, so roles' abilities and actions can vary over time. By this logic, maybe it's possible that Cass' plant evolved in order to allow her to visit and perform the mafia kill. However, the Day 1 post states that the 4 basic roles are what they are for Night 0, Day 1 and Night 1, so Cass really shouldn't have been able to move at all, right? Not yet at least.

Otherwise, several mafia factions are possible. They aren't mentioned in the OP, but look at this.

On 12/20/2018 at 10:02 PM, Alaris said:

There are two factions (heh) in this game

If this isn't a confession that there's more than just a town and a mafia, idk what is.

Another simpler explanation for Cass' death is that she was killed by a random vigilante shot (in which case, gj whoever did that), but there are too many possibilities to be sure. For all we know, she could even have been killed by her own faction if there's a role that switches targets.

If we knew what pathogenic bacteria and plant cells did, that would probably help us find out what happened to Drak and Cass. A role-checking ability is invaluable, if such a thing exists (yet).

I'm basically a veteran from town of Salem that alerts every night from what I can tell, and just like a veteran I kill a town visiting me right away XD

Rest in peace drak: you were a good bacteria, you will be missed

That seems plausible. Given their nature, they most likely have a noxious ability at any rate.

Since Cass and Drak both died, and Cass presumably couldn't move due to being a plant, it's not too far-fetched to imagine that Drak visited her and killed her with their bacteria powers. Then, Drak may have died because plants have a granny-type role (this is purely a conjecture, I don't know what plants do).

It would be neat if an evolution of plants were Venus Flytraps. I can see Mafia having one of those once they evolve far enough. The two mafia theory holds some credit and I believe we currently have a large assortment of Vanilla townies mixed in with passive roles like the Granny. I kinda doubt we already have a Vigilantee because currently we are cells. I kinda doubt we have active roles at the moment. 

So. If Cass was a plant and plants can't move, she was killed by someone with a active action, of which I think the mafia is the only people with such an action due to their killing powers being a crucial part of these games. Cass couldn't have died by the Granny I think, so she had to have been killed by someone deliberately. Mafia wouldn't kill other mafia, so we either have two mafia squads, or we do indeed have active roles. 

CLARIFICATION

Since we feel that some things are not being fully understood, we'd like to provide some additional remarks:

1. There is 1 Town faction and 1 Mafia faction.

2. Each night you can either (a) abstain from doing anything, (b) visit somebody without doing any night action, (c) visit somebody performing your night action, if you have one. Additionally, you can create the chat(s), which don't count as visits. Plant roles cannot visit (or perform the mafia kill) in normal conditions.

3. Herbivorous role descriptions say that they need to consume plants to survive. That doesn't mean that they have to kill players with plant roles. It means that when all the players with plant roles die, famine will begin. Plant role descriptions say that they can survive on the energy of the sun. This means that they won't suffer famine, very much like the bacteria and archaea roles.

• Thanks 2

Okay through the Clarification from Alaris, we now know that there aren't multiple Mafia Factions.

Cause of that i reread the opening post and found this:

During the night, you may be asked a multiple-choice question (or not). Depending on what you choose, you will evolve, always at the end of the night, changing your role and abilities. This means that anybody (including Mafia) can get any role: it is therefore possible that some of you end up holding the same one (like there can be 7 doctors).

Meaning that Cass wasn't the one performing the Factional Mafia kill, cause the Evolution would be at the end of the night, after everything has ended.
So that should confirm that Mafia killed off Drakyle, while the Vigilante struck down Cass and got lucky with RNG.

That's at least my conclusion.

7 hours ago, Hooky said:

I FOUND OUT THAT ANIMAL CELLS MURDER PEOPLE THAT VISIT THEM

Alaris just clarified, that this shouldn't be the case, if you don''t have a granny role or any of this sort.

Not sure if we want to vote for a No Lynch for this dayphase, cause we don't have many information to start with.

My roles specified that while I attack people that visit me, pathogenic bacteria, the kind drakyle was, will be killed and not able to be saved with heals like other roles, meaning pathogenic bacteria can visit

Edited by Nano4
Said the wrong name

So one mafia is dead, that's good and for what i understand and read, one vigilante chose the right person so good job at who is a vigilante ^^. Also so is someone that visit Nano and it's a pathogenic bacteria, will die. Also i hope that you're saying the truth soso about your hints. I don't have anything to add honestly and i prefer to not vote now, it's too risky and at this moment i don't suspect anyone.