Stats:

Constitution: 5

Dexterity: 10

Intelligence: 0

Strength: 4

Synergy: 13 (11 +2 Ring)

Perks/Flaws:

Autosupport:

Auto-support: On the first turn of battle, Hikari can choose a support ability she has; it is applied to the amount of targets the spell would have +2, and one has to be herself. Buffs applied this way do not apply Session.

Session:

When Hikari uses a single-target ally affecting move during her turn, it also applies the “Session” buff of indefinite duration. Hikari has an action called “Session Trigger”, which when activated, causes all allies affected by the buff and herself to attack once with their equipped weapon or a zero cooldown attack. The buff cannot stack, and can only be applied once during Hikari’s turn.

Healing Powers (provisional name):

When Hikari supports her allies, it’s more effective than your average buff or heal. Add half SYN healing to all support actions.

High Speed (Provisional name)

Hikari has a pool of ‘half actions”, weaker than normal actions but two can be used per turn. These are weakened versions of existing actions. If Hikari uses an ability as a half action, the result is reduced to one half of what it would normally be.

Thunder Weakness: Electricity just doesn’t agree with Hikari. Ivory explains to her that it’s probably a result of how some species of wyvern - the beast she most often rides - can’t handle electrical shocks well. Double damage from electricity.

Actions (5 slots + perks):

Session Trigger (Perk, Active) - Triggers all Session buffs on allies, making them launch a single attack with their equipped weapon, or a zero cooldown attack, at the target

Tarukaja (Active, Lv.2):

Grants 6+Half SYN boost to damage to target for two turns

Base: 3+Half SYN boost

Level 2: 6+Half SYN Boost

Rakukaja (Active, Lv.2):

Grants half SYN DR to target for two turns

Base: Half SYN DR

Level 2: 1+Half SYN DR

Dia (Active, Lv.3): A basic heal that heals one target for 2d4+SYN Health.

Base: 1d4+SYN Health

Level 2: 2d4+SYN Health

Level 3: 3d4+SYN Health

Amrita (Active, Lv.1): Cures status ailments on one ally.

Base: Cures status ailments for one ally.

Media (Active, Lv.2): Heals four allies by SYN. Two turn cooldown.

Base: Heals three allies by SYN. Two turn cooldown.

Level 2: Heal four allies by SYN. Two turn cooldown

Pierce (Active, Lv.1): Attacks with equipped weapon, and reduces enemy DR by 3. Two turn cooldown.

Magical enhancement (Passive, Lv.1): Channeling Hikari’s magical power, her attacks add one fourth SYN to their damage (assuming they’re not a SYN weapon).

Equipped Things:

Pulse Rifle

2d4+DEX damage, and can double the dice as a free action with six turn cooldown.

Raptora Armor:

Reduces init by 6 - STR.

Jump Jets: As a free action, dodge the attack that would deal you the most damage this turn. 5 turn cooldown.

Ultimate Charge 0/10:  Whenever you damage an enemy, you gain 1 ultimate charge, to a maximum of 10.  You cannot gain more than 1 charge per action performed. Ultimate charge is retained until spent, but cannot be transferred from 1 person to another.

Barrage:  As a free action, you may activate this ability by spending 10 ultimate charges.  Until your next turn, your equipped weapon is replaced by Rocket Barrage, a weightless weapon that deals Leveld6 damage to three enemies, evenly divided between them.

Synergistic Ring (2 Tokens)

A ring that glows with power. Adds 2 SYN.

Base: 1 SYN

Craft 1: 2 SYN

Symbol of Lumabella 

A holy item in the shape of a stylized bow in a beam of sunlight. Can be activated as a free action once per battle to cause the user's ally-targeting actions to remove a single debuff from allies for the round. If said action already removes debuffs, it will instead heal them by user SYN/2.

Inventory:

Ivory’s Spear (Trick, 2 tokens):

Nothing fancy here - a spear of iron made to be used from wyvern back, with some precision. 2d4+DEX damage.

Base: 1d4+DEX damage

Craft Lvl1: 2d4+DEX damage.

Ivory’s Armor (Trick, 3 tokens)

Green armor fit for a rider of wyverns. Reduces damage from slashing and piercing weapons by two in exchange for 4-STR reduction in initiative.

-Base: 1 damage reduction, 5 weight.

-Craft Level: Improved fittings reduce effective weight by 1.

-Craft Level: Better tempering increases damage reduction by 1.

Isobel readjusts her loadout.

Reimu's spell circle continues to grow worryingly in size and intricacy.

Empi lets Isobel relax a bit by giving her and LOTUS back the ability to speak.

Reimu's magical circle nears completion, as danmaku begins to drift around the sigils.

Rory shanks the hell out of a tree, dealing [12] damage. The continued withering caused by Isobel combined with this causes the thing to shudder, and the party can feel the tree's influence wane.

Masako waits and watches. She learns that the saplings don't really do anything. They are trees, after all.

UB-65 returns to her new home amongst Youmu's prized roses.

Hikari casts a curative on Masako that does nothing in particular.

The magic circle flashes, and a dizzying spread of forceful danmaku flies in from the edges, striking everyone in the party except Isobel and IP! The rest are barraged with cursed bullets and seals that leave them unable to do much more than futiley try to dodge the incoming attacks. Instead of panic and fear, though, all they feel is a curious peace. . . They take [15] damage, are silenced, and afflicted with Serene Repose!

The curse issued by the Hakurei miko causes the elaborate weave of her danmaku to shatter, then dissolve into motes and float away on the wind like so much dust. Reimu herself reappears where the top of the cage once formed, well out of reach of the yari swinging through empty air. "I'm through with the mind games. You aren't nearly as clever as you seem to think you are."

Walmond, with the help of Empi's magic, manages to shine a ray of light through the abrupt wave of darkness with yet another Healing Wave, allowing her allies to recover [19] HP. Lambda, meanwhile, puts up her defenses to weather the next assault, shaky as she is.

"You know it's not like that, Reimu! This is for your own good!" Youmu becomes a green-and-white streak through the air, the piercing sound of her blade cutting through the air itself resounding through the garden as she lands a strike on Reimu for 80 damage!

IP takes the chance to rake gunfire across Reimu for [51] damage!

Initiative:

Initiative:
Isobel & LOTUS: 20
Reimu: 18
Empi: 18
Reimu: 12
Rory: 11
Masako: 10
UB-65: 9
Hikari: 8
Reimu: 6
Walmond & Lambda: 6
IP: 0

Status

Reimu: Near Defeat

Shadow Beast A : Dead
Shadow Beast B : Dead as fuck
Shadow Beast C : Wolfpacked
Sapling A : lmao
Sapling B : Plant-B-Gone
Sapling C : Healthy
Sapling D : Healthy

Isobel: 58/60, Healthy, Debuff block (once)
Empi: 55/55, Silenced, Serene Repose
Rory: 90/90, Silenced, +2 DR, Serene Repose
Masako: 55/55, Silenced, 6/12 Pattern Prediction, +12 damage (2 turns remain), Serene Repose
Walmond: 42/42, Healthy
Lambda: 21/57, Healthy, Defending, Serene Repose
IP: 61/65, Silenced (1 turns remain),Teachings
UB-65: 55/55, Silenced, Serene Repose, Teachings, Crush Depth
Hikari: 51/55, Silenced, Serene Repose

IP said nothing, and merely fired another burst at Reimu.

IP attacks Reimu with her Auto 9/45, dealing (6d4+6)*1.8 damage!

HP: 61/65

???/20 HARM - DUALITY ACTIVE - All healing performed is boosted by 30% for the next two turns

14/20 HEAL

Methadone: READY DISABLED DUE TO SILENCE
Emergency Response: READY DISABLED DUE TO SILENCE

Weapon Guidance: READY DISABLED DUE TO SILENCE

Aim Assist: READY DISABLED DUE TO SILENCE

Auto 9/45: READY 2/4 Bursts Left

Tomahawk: ON COOLDOWN - 2/3 Turns Left

The shattering of the danmaku, cut through by the cursed bullets, was almost akin to a bomb and of itself.  Certainly it was enough to kick up clouds of dust as they raced down the chain of glowing spheres back to Masako, the first few slamming into the ground beneath her as the rest burst into motes, leaving the area where she'd been casually floating nothing more than a vast, rising column of smoke.  For a moment, it seemed, that was that; the tengu had proven far less clever than she'd pretended, and been thoroughly stunned and overpowered by the shrine maiden, with her own danmaku backfiring upon her.  Indeed, as the smoke started to clear, it might have appeared to the other onlookers as though Masako had been absolutely annihilated. All that was left was the detective's hat, slowly floating down on a light breeze.

There was only one, small problem.

"Interesting technique.  I would expect no less from the great Hakurei miko."

Despite having supposedly been silenced, Masako just wouldn't shut up.

Reimu spun around, dodging the first burst of danmaku that went soaring past, tearing into the saplings now behind her.  Her eyes scanned the distance, trying to spot Masako's silhouette through the ever-growing smoke, sending needles flying at the slightest sign of movement.  Not that it seemed to help terribly much.  None of the danmaku struck the tengu, if she was even there at all, only landing amongst the grass and kicking up more dirt to join the smoke and the motes of light from the shattered cage that seemed oddly reluctant to fade.  Indeed, as Reimu chased Masako's voice through the cloud, they only seemed to glow brighter.

"But, well, therein lies the rub.  I would expect no less."

The second burst only narrowly avoided striking her nose.  The third and fourth were nearer still.  Still Reimu searched, trying to find some sign of Masako, while those little motes of light continued to suffuse the surrounding air.

"I suppose it is possible I've left a few openings, here and there.  And I do think I'm rather clever.  But to say I'm less clever than I think..."

The miko's eyes caught the branch of a tree.  Not one of her saplings, but a proper tree, spared by the onslaught of bullets flying this way and that.  Upon the study branch reclined a woman, dressed in her typical working detective wear (sans her hat), a pipe held between her fingers as it expelled a vast cloud of concealing smoke.  She watched the miko with mild curiosity as she flew closer.  And then, when she was close enough, she shrugged.

"Is that so?" Asked the crow.  "I think..."

The wind picked up once more, carrying away the smoke and dust.  But though they departed, the light remained.  Thousands upon thousands of motes of light, carved from full danmaku, suffusing the very air until one couldn't move but through them.  And in less than a breath, they grew to become full danmaku in turn.

"No," Masako said.  "No, I think I'm exactly as clever as I think, thank you."

The sheer power of the resultant airburst was enough to shake the trees, sending the tengu inadvertently toppling out from her perch as stray danmaku cut through the leaves and faded away.  But with her wings, she could catch herself easily.  The same could not be said for the red-white miko as she was sent careening out of the sky to slam into the ground with exactly as much dignity and a good deal less consciousness than LOTUS had managed not long before.  And a moment later, the mask--separated from its recent owner by the force of the attack--followed a mere moment later, bouncing upon the Netherworld grass a few yards from where Reimu now lay.

With a few gentle flaps, the tengu brought herself over, settling down upon her geta just next to Reimu's head.

"Also," she said, primly, to the barely-conscious form of the miko.  "The gap hag was only an accomplice.  Yuyuko was the one who stole your dango.  I'll take my commission whenever you wake up."

Walmond

In response to Reimu's spell beginning to reach its conclusion, Walmond barely flinched, keeping her hand in the air, electricity crackling around her fingertips as she welled up her own magic. She wasn't the best spell caster, far from it, but if there was one skill she picked up in a life of science, it was the ability to notice patterns, and in this world, it appeared as if people fought with patterned attacks as if it were a tradition. Perhaps she wasn't creative enough to go with the flow of combat, but she could follow along nonetheless. Reimu's spell was long, large, and very worrying yes, but it was rather obvious. So, going with her hunch, the spell would strike about...

"NOW" Walmond suddenly yells out, clenching her raised hand before diving to her knee, slamming the same hand onto the ground whilst the array of danmaku bore down upon her. Yet the scientist didn't worry in the slighest, mostly thanks to the fact that Lambda, ever loyal, stood in front of her crouching form, hostile magic burning into her armor as she did her duty. Walmond herself didn't pay attention to Youmu, more so relying on her to make her way through the danmaku on her own. Instead she pumped her own magic into the ground, soothing green light flowing from her hands as it flowed through the arena, a light against the Miko's cursed magic.

Of course, that was the only noticeable thing that came from her as she stood back up, brushing her cloak off and inspecting Lambda's damage, just before Masako's counter attack sent Reimu flying into the ground. Lambda had received significant damage, but nothing to entirely worry about. She'd have to take some time to manually repair some of the armor, and inspect the core to ensure the sapling's influence, nor Reimu's, had corrupted it.

For now, Walmond simply approached the Tengu and the fallen Miko, glancing around for a moment before taking notice of the mask, bending over to pick it up, beginning the ritual of sealing in the same movement and breath. The final step of the battle, a confirmation that it was over.

As soon as Masako spoke, IP dove into the best cover she could find, but as soon as the Tengu finished her attack sequence, IP was rushing towards the fallen miko. Ignoring Walmond's sealing of the mask, IP instead picked up Reimu's gohei before beginning to search her for anything useful - weapons, equipment, healing items, anything.

Reimu didn't do much more than groan, initially. The blast had dislodged the artifact enough that its strange influence had ended. "Oww. . ." She rolled over onto her back, halfheartedly batting away IP's hands as the robot attempted to pilfer what little she had left. 

"I don't think rifling through her pockets is really necessary. . ." Youmu's tone was cautiously disapproving, though Yuyuko's nod and subsequent glare at IP seemed to add a bit of force to her posture after she said it. She didn't stick around long, though; instead, the gardener immediately set to work cutting down the saplings and pulling up their roots before going to check the rest of the property for more of the things. The ghost herself seemed to be casually ignoring the accusation Masako had just leveled at her as if the tengu had not spoken at all.

"Great. This is exactly how I wanted this week to go." Reimu's tone wasn't even that upset; the miko just sounded tired, resigned, and still rather out of breath. She slowly began to gather herself up and rise to her feet, visibly wincing as she went.

As soon as Reimu started to stir, IP moved away, not commenting on her actions. After a brief pause where IP nearly reached for her weapon (again), the robot(?)-turned-human relaxed a little.

"I take it you are... no longer interested in attacking us?"

"I think she probably wants an explanation as to what happened between her picking up that thing and going all Sandman on us. I assume this isn't her usual."

Yep. This chick definitely looked like Reimu from the Troubleshooting department. The one back home was cuter though. Looked better fed.

UB-65 stuck her hand out of the bush and grabbed Richter's hand for help to get out. She looked down at her dirtied uniform, still smoking a little from Reimu's last attack, Wunderbar...I don't think there is a way to clean this here or anything either...

She brushed off what she could of the leaves and and the mud, and made her way to where the group was around Reimu.

"I'm not sure why you would expect it to go differently, when you're going around putting on possessed masks, of all things."  Masako caught her hat as it finally floated back to ground level, resting it once more upon her head.  "Still, if you aren't going to give me the commission I've rightfully earned--with a well-deserved bonus, I might add, now that I've returned you to your senses--I wouldn't mind hearing exactly what you remember regarding this whole incident."

"Someone left it in the donation box." Reimu sat up slowly, looking thoroughly miserable. "Figures that this week really was going too well." The shrine maiden shook her head slightly before continuing. "After that, I wasn't really in control. It's all pretty hazy from then until now." She stood up off the ground with obvious effort, making a cursory effort at dusting herself off. "And, as usual, now everything is messed up, and it's my problem." She stuck an arm out at IP expectantly, without looking at the android. 

Rory, having dusted himself off and determined the maiden to no longer be a threat (as well as having tried collecting some of those sealing thingies for later) walks over to the rest. "So same as everyone else. Great. Also, there probably isn't much to do. I think we've beaten up everyone else that got a piece of that... thingy."

The gynoid returned Remiu's gohei and everything else it had taken from her. "My apologies. It's standard operating procedure to remove the weapons and equipment of defeated foes. I am Instructor Prototype. It's nice to meet you."

"Hakurei Reimu. I remember some of what happened." She sighed and shook her head. "I wouldn't say any of that normally, but. . . Nevermind. I need to get back to the shrine."

"Are you sure you can't stay for even a moment, Reimu? Youmu was just about to cook, and given everything. . ." Yuyuko looked a bit concerned at Reimu's haggard (more than usual) expression. 

"It's fine." Masako would note that, while there was a faint irritable note in her voice, it was less present than what she would expect, or perhaps overcome by something else.

Yuyuko looked at the party pleadingly.

"No, you don't.  And no, it isn't."  Masako poked Reimu right in the cheek with her pipe, as if to emphasize her point.  "This is my case, after all, and I didn't beat you senseless so you could steal it out from under my nose." 

She stopped prodding the miko, examining her for a moment, before adding, almost (oddly) kindly.  "Besides which, you need the rest.  You're hardly in a condition to help, as of yet, and even the gap hag was worried about you.  So it's best you just relax and have something to eat with the rest of us before we decide how to proceed."

Brushing herself off a little as the fury of combat finally died down (and as IP, apparently, went through Reimu's pockets with Isobel a little less surprised than she'd have liked), Isobel made her way over to the knot of talking people. "I'm not certain that it's a good idea to head out there on your own, miss. You're not the only one who's been like this -- a woman named Marisa, and Yuyuko here, were also crazy for a while for pretty similar reason to you, and while we fixed that problem in both cases, we really can't guarantee that there aren't more people out there like this. And, well, you're very strong, but you're not exactly in a condition to be fighting right now, right?" Of course, they'd been responsible for that, but still. "You at least pretty much need to rest for a little while."

LOTUS spoke up, now. "If you are trying to deal with everything, it would probably help if you at least listened to us talk about what is going on. To translate what Masako means with her completely incorrigible detective-speak, we've actually been dealing with this for quite some period of time and you're the fourth instance of somebody corrupted that we've dealt with (you forgot about the maid at the manor, Isobel, since we didn't fight her or come close to doing so). There have been cursed objects littered around this place that have corrupted the people in question into hostile, deranged forms of themselves. We have been going around, removing these artifacts and sealing them, which returns the people in question to normal. You had that mask on and were hostile, and likely had your personality corrupted into some sort of violent parody, until we knocked it off of you.

I believe that you are actually the person that we were brought here for the purpose of dealing with: We were brought here by Yukari; she mentioned that "the miko", which I assume would be you, was mentioned as "acting strangely", and we've all now experienced first-hand what that means. I think this means that we've probably dealt with the most important sections of this problem by now, but it still may be the case that there are a couple of stragglers out there with more of these artifacts. Ultimately, we simply need to locate and deal with any more of these cursed items out there, and then find and defeat whoever is supplying them around here; I suspect that these artifacts came from beings called Trespassers that we have been fighting for a long time, now, but someone has to be going and placing them, if the object that you had on was in your deposit box. The end result, however, is that we are not only very capable of dealing with this issue, but we have made much headway on doing so. We only need to clean up and address the root cause."

Isobel breathed in a funny way as something struck her while LOTUS spoke, and then she started moving towards Walmond. When LOTUS stopped speaking: "Oh, my God, I am braindead. I was in a frantic enough mood between dealing Yuyuko and now that I've just been holding onto this fucking thing. Hey, Walmond, please take care of this?" Isobel gingerly presented Walmond with the artifact Yuyuko had been in contact with, for sealing.

"Oh, that won't be necessary, Lotus." The source of the voice was coming from about ten feet up, where a familiar blonde was hanging lazily out of a rent in space itself. "Those four pieces are all there was. Thank you all for being so kind as to handle those for me. I might have broken a nail otherwise." Yuyuko rolled her eyes even as the faintest hint of a smile crossed her face, while Reimu shifted her expression from "exhausted" to "exhausted and exasperated." "Ran would like you home, by the way." She gestured lazily at Chen, who offered what she probably thought was a salute before sinking into the ground dramatically; the gap that had appeared beneath her closed up as if it was zipped up. 

"I was wondering when you'd show up. This seems to be exactly your kind of thing, Yukari." Yuyuko gestured towards the manor, floating off the ground slightly. "Care to join us in a moment?" Yukari pursed her lips for a moment, considering the offer. Reimu, meanwhile, began to walk away, before she suddenly found herself walking towards the group once again. She simply gave a long-suffering sigh and proceeded into the manor, grumbling about the whole situation. 

"Well, it's sure to be entertaining, and I don't have anything else to do. Which reminds me of something. . ." She smiled at Yuyuko conspiratorially, though the ghostly princess did an admirable job of not grinning back. Yukari raised a hand and flipped a coin into the air, which split into a number of them which all managed to cleanly land in the hands of the party members that were formerly - and, apparently, once again, as they would discover on looking down - male. (LOTUS instead noticed a new application loaded into his memory simply labeled "coin.exe.") "I've had my fun, but. . . well, I won't judge you regardless of what you do with those."

Youmu reappeared from around the corner at this point, which led to them being escorted further into Yuyuko's manor. The place was, or at least appeared to be, positively ancient, but nothing actually seemed to have suffered for it. They were placed around a traditional, if quite long, Japanese dining table complete with seats that felt like they were made of clouds. Youmu said something to the effect of tea being ready in ten minutes, with food coming in thirty. Yuyuko looked pleased to have guests, while Reimu continued to look quite out of sorts; Yukari almost seemed to be stealing the occasional concerned look when she thought nobody was looking.

Rory probably would have been disgruntled at dealing with apparently posh individuals again, if not for the fact that he was now firmly a he again, and the fact that he was trying to figure out what was up with the coins. Did they maybe change your gender when you flipped them? Was it just money for the work? If it was the latter is wasn't very much was it, unless it was some large denomination...? To try and figure this mystery out, Rory tries flipping the coin one handed.

Both of them get the result Rory had been expecting, prompting an amused grin from Yukari, a giggle from Yuyuko, and a combination blink and shake of the head that seemed to indicate Reimu wasn't quite sure if she was fully awake.

Rory looked down, nodded to herself, and then flipped the coin again. He seems to think for a moment as he looks at the coin, before rapidly flipping it, seeing how quickly he could change himself until he finally misjudges his aim and strength, and sends the coin flying behind herself. She readjusts her position in the chair and pretends that nothing happened, resolving to grab the coin later when it'd be less embarrassing, or rude.

IP nodded, glancing over at Rory's fumble (and taking note of where the coin landed) before putting the coin in one of her storage compartments. The gynoid then looked up at Yukari. "Thank you, but... I don't believe we've met. Kaida Corporation Prototype Training Series Model 00-27C, Serial Number F7DXOQ29604509X, also known as 'Instructor Prototype' or "IP". Manufactured September 18th, 1927. Placed into storage February 8th, 1943. Reactivated March 15th, 1985. At your service, Miss...?"

Walmond

As soon as Walmond finished her sealing of the mask, Isobel had approached with her own, causing the scientist to turn to her with a momentarily confused expression, "Hm? Oh yes, that. I was wondering when you'd remember to give it to me" she commented as she took the artifact from the botanist and swiftly sealed its power. She was thankful that she did, considering Yukari finally remade her appearance, congratulating them for their work, retrieving her servant, and restoring them all to their original genders through a simple flip of several coins, which Walmond pocketed without much thought along with the sealed artifact. 

"Yukari, a question if you will. Seeing as you know that there are only four artifacts, do you also happen to know how they were spread about, or who placed them?" Walmond asked shortly after the group was settled down at Yuyuko's table, sparing a quick glance at the seemingly out of touch Miko before moving on to their query.