[IC] TotMV:G^2: Touhou: Twilight of Paradise Butterfly

Chevaleresse

Isobel put a gloved hand to her forehead (the one that didn’t now smell of soup, thanks Masako, Isobel couldn’t have thought of a more roundabout way to explain that concept if she’d tried), working to avoid a headache, while the souped hand half-heartedly flipped Rory off. ”Well, I guess it did work pretty well. I guess the artifact is probably... just going to be in the box then, yeah? I’ll go put it in my bag, then.” Isobel tromped off towards the box and opened it up, gingerly placing the corruptive artifact in her bag as to avoid touching it directly, even with gloves on. As she did, she mumbled rather affrontedly to herself. ”He’s said himself he’ll be fine if his chassis is gone, just gone, but if he’s been kicked back permanently to where we’re from, we’re really fucked, Masako... I sure hope that I CAN trust that won’t be the case...”

Yuyuko clapped her hands together with a smile on her face. "Excellent!" She landed lazily on the ground before beginning to walk towards the hill in the distance, which slowly began to resolve itself as they approached. A massive staircase seemed to await them, with an impressive and old-looking house set atop it, with an appropriately creepy-looking tree just visible from their position. "And perhaps you can tell me about this new presence in the Netherworld, that I've never seen or heard of before." There was something keen underlying her tone, as if she kept very close track of this sort of thing. "And Youmu can show you her delicious cooking."

Youmu nodded with a rueful expression on her face. "Of course, Yuyuko. I haven't even had time to clean the kitchen yet. . .

The climb up the stairs was, unfortunately for the non-flying members of the group, exactly as high as it looked, with no dimensional shenanigans to aid their journey. Just before the top of the stairs, Isobel suddenly became aware of a weight in her pocket: a rather bleary-looking LOTUS returning as Masako had promised. "I'll have to show you around the garden, Youmu takes such excellent care of. . ." She trailed off, stopping abruptly. "Reimu?" A girl stood in the midst of the garden, staring right at Yuyuko. She wore a sort of miko's outfit, with a matching red-and-white ribbon in her hair. This might not have been alarming, save for the odd glow in her eyes - oh, and the artifact that she wore like a mask covering the lower portion of her face. "What brings you here?" Her voice was light and floaty as always, but it had a different undeniable edge of concern to it.

Youmu simply gasped at her appearance. Her gaze wasn't focused on the strange miko, but rather the saplings in the courtyard. Before she could comment on them, however, Yuyuko asked the question. "Youmu, what are those saplings?" she asked quietly. Contrasting the apparent concern of both, gazing on them seemed to fill the viewer with a sort of serenity. It didn't make them tired, but it was as if one could simply sit next to one and take a nap right then and there.

"They're. . . They're not supposed to. . ."

The miko simply stared silently for the moment.

Walmond

As soon as Lambda pried open the box, Walmond's magic came to life around her fingertips, prepared to reenact the same sealing ritual she'd done twice so far. At least until Isobel came in, took the artifact into her bag, and walked off, leaving the scientist and her servant a bit... Perplexed, "Uh... Isobel?" Walmond began, only to be stopped when Yuyuko began to lead them to the hill, causing the scientist to sigh to herself, beginning to jog after the group. She didn't have time to do the proper seal anymore thanks to how quick they were moving, so now that was two things she had to address once she found the time.

For the stairs, Lambda once again took a bit of initiative, scooping up the small scientist in her arms and floating alongside the group, leaving Walmond to focus on what Yuyuko was saying, "Hm... I, personally, wasn't aware of anything happening in the Netherworld until recently. Given the circumstances however, I wouldn't be surprised if it was related to all these artifacts, especially if it's 'new'" Walmond replied, resting a hand on her chin as she gave some thought. It wasn't much thought yet, especially when Lambda put Walmond back down a dozen steps before the top, but Walmond merely continued to think, absentmindedly walking with the group up and into the old house.

Until they stepped into the courtyard, a metallic, clawed hand suddenly stopping Walmond from walking further and snapping her out of her thoughts. Lambda, as per usual, was on edge. But this time she had an actual reason to be... Because of the shrine maiden that stood in the midst of it, staring silently at the group, bearing yet another artifact, this time on her face. Not only that, but there was some rather eye catching saplings growing near her, naturally drawing Walmond's gaze in. She didn't know why, but just looking at them gave her calmer than she had ever felt in her life, not to mention sleepy. She really hadn't had a good time to sleep lately, had she? Maybe she could try and let Lambda hold her later as she slept, thanks to her new smallness. Or maybe now. Yeah, now felt like a good time to-

Bring up a hand to her forehead, Walmond looked away from the saplings, "Odd..." she muttered to herself, somewhat distracted from the actual problem at hand now that she forced herself to look away.

UB-65 scanned her surroundings the entire time going up the stairs and into the building, stopping just behind the rest of the group. Oh, another new person. I won-

Her thoughts were cut short by a sharp pull on the neck of her collar, pulling her back and off her feet. After UB-65 fell to the grown she looked back, "What was that for!" She glanced up to see Richter's hand (which was nothing more than a shimmer on the breeze to the other party members) pointing to the saplings, an extremely concerned look on his face.

As UB-65 got back to her feet, she looked at the party and even farther on to Reimu, "Something isn't right about this...." She angled her face downward, away from the saplings, trying to make sense of the situation.

Edited by EryaHistoria

IP remained quiet, giving the garden a look around, Upon seeing the saplings, IP seemed to freeze where it was, its posture suddenly faltering. IP nearly fell over before she finally managed to look away from the saplings, and when she looked back up at the party, she seemed afraid. "What... what are those saplings? A-and why did they... produce those unusual effects?"

Rory had followed along silently, looking infuriatingly pleased at the reaction she had garnered from Isobel. This look faltered a little as they took the damned stairs, Rory made it a point to avoid stairs back home especially since the lifts were far more convenient, and the sudden weariness of their guides made the look drop all together. Looking up, Rory was immediately distracted by the trees. All this fighting did put her in the mood for a nap... And the ghost chicks didn't seem like they'd mind if he asked to crash for an... afternoon? Night? He looked up to check the time and immediately realized two more pressing matters. One, those trees did SOMETHING to him. Two, there was another inhabitant of this world with an artifact on her. Closing her eyes so as to avoid getting entranced again, Rory grabbed her shield and Lance before locking eyes directly with the... Reimu? Rory wasn't sure they were caught in a trance by that point, and it really didn't matter. 

"Saigyou Ayakashi. But it shouldn't be possible for it to reproduce." The shrine maiden across the courtyard from them took this moment to speak up. 

"I'm here to perform an extermination. Step away from the youkai." Reimu floated into the air slightly, brandishing her gohei. "Because I'm doing it right this time." There was a definite unnatural echo to her voice, doubtlessly an effect of the artifact. 

"Be very careful," Yuyuko said, glancing back at the party once more. "Not only is she one of the strongest beings in Gensokyo, she's linked to these saplings somehow. They need to be destroyed too, but whatever energy is tying her to them will snap back when we do." She turned her head slightly. "Youmu."

"Yes?"

"Don't worry about me. Follow their lead."

"I can help too! Lady Yukari gave me some of her spells personally!" Chen seemed puffed up enough by this to get over the terror of the situation. "But, um, she didn't really say when to use them. . ."

As if on cue, strange runed pillars fell from the sky around them, things that likely matched something the group had heard about from the more veteran members. Alongside them, three strange black beasts, almost humanoid in shape but with strange silvery plates where a face would be, dropped down surrounding the party.

Objective: Defeat Reimu!

Special Conditions: Saigyou Ayakashi saplings are on the battlefield! Damaging them may stop their influence, but beware of what happens if they're destroyed too soon. . .

Yuyuko, Youmu, and Chen are helping! Yuyuko can use her ability to invoke death on a target, while Youmu is a powerful swordsman (though she needs time to focus.) Chen has been given barrier spells by Yukari. They may take their actions in place of a player.

[4, 1] The influence of the Saigyou Ayakashi falls upon Masako and Isobel! They gain the Serene Repose debuff.

"Whatever you do, do not let them fall asleep! They won't wake up," Yuyuko calls. "Slap them awake, if you have to."

Initiative:

Isobel & LOTUS: 20
Reimu: 18
Empi: 18
Reimu: 12
Rory: 11
Masako: 10

UB-65: 9

Hikari: 8
Reimu: 6
Walmond & Lambda: 6
Shadow Beasts: 5

IP: 0

Status

Reimu: Healthy
Shadow Beast A : Healthy
Shadow Beast B : Healthy
Shadow Beast C : Healthy
Sapling A : Healthy
Sapling B : Healthy
Sapling C : Healthy
Sapling D : Healthy

Isobel: 60/60, Serene Repose
Empi: 55/55, Healthy
Rory: 90/90, Healthy
Masako: 55/55, Serene Repose
Walmond: 42/42, Healthy
Lambda: 57/57, Healthy

IP: 65/65, Healthy

UB-65: 55/55, Healthy

Walking up all of the stairs that she found herself walking up had been a fairly annoying experience, and it had left even Isobel, who considered herself to be rather more athletic than her build would lead one to think, a bit out of breath. But at least she had found herself more and more relieved in the minutes that followed -- first, LOTUS had returned to existence, popping into her a pocket with a somewhat distressed expression but physically very much intact. And then there were the saplings... they were pretty saplings, really. Gorgeous, really, along the idyllic backdrop of the courtyard and the other plants there. That was one thing you never found in on the Exodus, really... even if one went to the absurd amount of work required to turn the hydroponics bay into a bona fide garden, there were always the other rooms around, much more practical. It didn't offend her --most of her life had been spent in space, after all-- but it meant that seeing something like this was. "They're lovely, aren't they...? Such pretty little trees. I could... I could just..."

"SNAP OUT OF IT." LOTUS' mood was much, much more unsettled -- as it tends to be when you get MESSILY EATEN, which LOTUS in retrospect wasn't very happy about at all. It had been... pain and fear had been new emotions, and she found that she didn't like them at all. The fact that there was another inhabitant of this dimension in front of them wearing one of the corruptive artifacts didn't help with that mood, the fact that she was evidently one of the most powerful of all of the beings IN the dimension sure didn't help either, oh, and there were the saplings that, by the sound of it, put you to sleep forever. Yes, LOTUS decided that her mood was terrible and that she hated everything about this. "You need to SNAP OUT OF IT! ISOBEL!"

Isobel replied in a dreamy, half-there voice. "Huh? LOTUS, calm down, everything is going to be alright. I--"

Another shout ripped through that. "I said SNAP OUT OF IT. The saplings are likely magic, they're affecting you."

Isobel replied in the same voice, but hesitantly. "I... need to snap out of it? I do, don't I? I-- I'll just need to--"

SLAP!

"Fuck," Isobel muttered, a pink-red handprint visible across her face now, so thorough that one could almost swear they saw fingerprints. "Fuck me, that hurt." Her hand went to much more gently stroke the stinging area of the slap, and then she drew herself up into a much less dreamy position, moving and swaying with preparation to try to dodge anything coming her way with lethal intent, rather than out of the strange dreaminess this time around. "That was pretty bad. I could have just... drifted away... let's try our best to avoid that, yeah? Someone should hit Masako, uh, probably somebody who won't just destroy her on the spot... Walmond! Why don't you give it a try?"

"That's better. As for the other things that need to be done... Empi, step aside for a moment, will you? It would be nice if Yuyuko could take out one of those monsters, and we want to provide her with a clear space so we don't have a very unfortunate crossfire accident. And, Yuyuko, the quick way to do this is..." here LOTUS gave some advice, "Everybody else, focus fire on the rightmost of the shadow creatures, which I will refer to as Shadow Beast B! While they do predate my presence here and as such I cannot quite give exact advice on them, I have been told that we need to take care of multiple of them at a time or they will revive each other! Yuyuko can take care of the leftmost, which I will call Shadow Beast A, and perhaps if you pour in on the next one it can also be killed shortly!"

Isobel uses Help Intent on herself, removing the Gentle Repose condition with a bitchslap to her own face!

LOTUS uses Pathing Advice on Empi actually Walmond (and thusly Yuyuko if Empi Walmond gives up her action), fixing her initiative to right behind LOTUS' for this turn and the next!

Spoiler

Tactical Uplink (Partial): LOTUS has reconnected to the Tactical Uplink. It’s not a very good connection, as in flicks in briefly and then flickers out for several seconds, but it IS a connection nonetheless. LOTUS is finally back in touch with his “kin” and they at happy to help him out with calculations. When they can, anyway. Every three turns, a [LOTUS] move may be used as if it had an additional effective level, which is listed with each [LOTUS] move, and which is a fixed upgrade to the move created when the move is created.

Level: 5
HP: 60
Init: 1d20+10+10

Stats:
Constitution: 6
Dexterity: 10
Intelligence: 12
Strength: 2
Synergy: 0

Isobel Loadout:

Help Intent (Level 2)[Isobel]: The Exodus is a real frantic place, and helping your fellow spaceman out becomes a natural action. Isobel has helped people out of sticky situations in the past, and she’s more than willing to help someone get on their feet now. Isobel removes an ailment from an ally.

Level 2: Isobel removes all ailments from an ally.

Dexterity [Isobel][Passive](Level 4): Isobel may not actually be a trained fighter but gunfights are not uncommon where she works and she's been shot at once or twice. Isobel has a 15% chance to dodge incoming attacks.

Level 2: Upgraded from 5% to 10%

Level 3: Upgraded from 10% to 15%

Level 4: Upgraded from 15% to 20%.

Healing Poppy [Isobel](Level 4): Isobel, a very good botanist, has bred a species of poppy that takes the tiny dose of the heal-all tricordrazine within poppies in the 26th century and significantly increases it. This dose is fast acting upon consumption, too. Isobel heals someone for 3d4+INT damage.

Level 2: Upgrade from 1d4+INT to 2d4+INT damage healed.
Level 3: Upgrade from 2d4+INT to 3d4+INT

Level 4: Upgrade from 3d4+INT to 4d4+INT

Starburst Poppies (x3): Curious multicolored poppies grown in a farm full of various magical plants. Restores 1d4+12 HP to one target; additionally roll 1d4 and they gain 3 DR for two rounds against one type chosen from the following; 1 Fire, 2 Ice, 3 Electric, 4 Physical(blunt, slash, & pierce).

Plant-B-Gone: A spray bottle full of a futuristic substance which deals grievous toxicity to what it is sprayed on... as long as that thing is a plant. Isobel forgot she had this, but it’s no wonder given its rather specific area of usefulness. Deals a poisoning ailment that does [INT] damage for 3 turns... to plants, and to plants only.

Botanist’s Apron [Level 2]: A tough blue apron made of synthetic fibers, it isn’t actually thick enough to protect Isobel from blows or projectiles, but it does work to protect Isobel somewhat from toxic hazards and corrosive hazards, very useful to any experimenting botanist. The apron provides 20% reduction  to the damage of poison-type attacks. It also lowers the duration of poisoning by a round.

Level 2: Adds the poisoning duration shortening effect.

Golden Chaingun [Level 2]: A strange wrist bangle made by Mar, this compact device of golden stone shoot out a chain made of solar magic that is tipped with a very sharp carbon steel hook which can easily stab into and catch in things. It’s made as a mobility booster rather than as a weapon, however. Can be used for one of two active abilities: performing an ersatz Basic Defense that provides Isobel and LOTUS with an additional 50% dodge chance in return for any other actions this turn, or for making an action first strike. 2 turn cooldown, either way.

Level 2: Adds the first strike option.

LOTUS Loadout:

Pathing Advice [LOTUS](Level 3): LOTUS calculates various possible routes of travel and estimated timelines of action for the target, and then announces to them which of these is the most efficient course of action to move quickly. LOTUS fixes the initiative of the target directly behind his and Isobel’s initiative, for this turn and the next 2 turns. The target can also end this effect early. 

Level 2: Upgrade from a duration of “this turn” to a duration of “this turn and the next”.

Level 3: Upgrade from a duration of "this turn and the next" to a duration of "this turn and the next 2 turns".

(TU Level: Upgrades to a duration of this turn and the next 3 turns when Tactical Uplink (Partial) is active.)

Efficiency Analysis [LOTUS](Level 2): LOTUS observes the action just made, and then calculates a more optimal way to release energy or regain stamina or such, at least for the current situation. He then, of course, shouts out that more optimal method. LOTUS removes two turns of cooldown from another character's turn. This move has 1 turn of cooldown itself.

Level 2: Upgrade from 1 turn of cooldown removed to 2 turns of cooldown removed.

(TU Level: Removes 3 turns of cooldown when Tactical Uplink: Partial is active)

Weakness Pinpoint [LOTUS](Level 4): LOTUS observes an enemy and using his built-in medical and security HUDs he finds a weakness within their defenses that may not be immediately apparent by purely visual inspection, and then proceeds to loudly broadcast them to the battle, revealing them for others’ usage. LOTUS creates a debuff on a target that grants a 10% *2 crit chance on attacks made against it for a turn.
Level 2: Upgrade from 5% chance to 10% chance.

Level 3: Upgrade from 10% chance to 15% chance.

Level 4: Upgrade from 15% chance to 20% chance.

(TU Level: Lasts for 2 turns instead of one when Tactical Uplink: Partial is active.)

UB-65 lowered herself closer to the ground, centering her balance into a (what she assumed was) good fighting position. Her lightweight rigging came to life, angling everything she could to the enemy. I've never been in a head-to-head fight before...I guess there is a first time for everything. She grimaced at the thought, "Richter! Go!"

UB-65 activates her Spectral Recon perk as a free action, revealing all hostiles within 50m (based on stealth check), and targeting Reimu, revealing the names of Reimu's actions. UB-65 activates Crush Depth, making her stealthed (untargetable) until she attacks next.

HP: 55

Init: 9

Stats:

Constitution: 5

Dexterity: 9

Intelligence: 9

Synergy: 5

Perks: 
Sneak Attack - When attacking an opponent that has not attacked you this round, the attack does your level in extra damage.

Run Silent, Run Deep - Grants action Crush Depth

Spectral Recon - Activates free action, reveals hostiles within 50m (based on stealth check), choose one enemy that is detected and know the names of each of their actions; 3 round cooldown

Hidden Repair - Regen 20% of max HP in healing if not attack for one round

Flaw: Poor Ventilation - 30% less damage dealt in rounds exposed to gas attacks, if attacking for two turns in a row lose 4 initiative

Actions: 
Crush Depth (Perk Granted) - Becomes stealthed, enemies cannot perceive you until you attack (untargetable), 1 round cooldown

Torpedo Attack 7 - Causes 5d8 + Dexterity damage, INT/2 damage for flooding per turn over 3 turns (bleed damage for non-flooding targets), 2 round cooldown, Can set a fuse to launch the following turn after activation as a free action.
Level 1: Causes 3d8 + Dexterity damage, INT/2 damage for flooding per turn over 3 turns (bleed damage for non-flooding targets), 3 round cooldown.
Level 2: 4d8+Dex
Level 3: 5d8+dex
Level 4: 2 Round Cooldown
Level 5: Can set a fuse to launch the following turn after activation as a free action.
Level 6: 6d8+Dex
Level 7: 7d8+Dex

Spectral Attack 7 - One target is selected for a haunted targeting, give attacking friendly eight extra damage die; only one enemy may be haunted at a time; lasts lasts until target is next attacked
Level 1: One target is selected for a haunted targeting, give attacking friendly 4 extra damage die; only one enemy may be haunted at a time; lasts for 1 round
Level 2: 5 extra damage die
Level 3: 6 extra damage die
Level 4: 7 extra damage die
Level 5: 8 extra damage die
Level 6: No cooldown
Level 7: Lasts until target is attacked next

Flare Launch 4 - One random enemy must use next attack on you on the round of activation, damage reduction by 5 universal for one round when activated
Level 1: One random enemy must use next attack on you on the round of activation, damage reduction by 2 universal for one round when activated
Level 2: damage reduction by 3 universal
Level 3: damage reduction by 4 universal
Level 4: damage reduction by 5 universal

Equipment: 
Deck Gun 4 - 4d4+Dexterity on one target
Level 1: 1d4+Dexterity on one target
Level 2: 2d4+Dex
Level 3: 3d4+Dex
Level 4: 4d4+Dex

Heavy Officer's Coat 3 - Grants 4 damage resistance to slashing attacks
Level 1: Grants 2 damage resistance to slashing damage
Level 2: Grants 3 damage resistance
Level 3: Grants 4 damage resistance

Edited by EryaHistoria

Masako glanced to her left.

Masako glanced to right.

"It strikes me," Masako said, raising her kiseru to her lips.  "That, barring an intensive debate on the nature of underwater boats from alternative universes and the complex status of shikigami, I am the only youkai here.   One can only conclude, then, that you mean to exterminate me."

"Terribly rude of you, really.  And insane, though given that mask you've managed to strap to your face, perhaps that part can be forgiven."

With a few quick movements of her free hand, Masako lit the pipe.  The tengu drew a long pull from the tip, before exhaling in a slow, measured breath.  She stared at Reimu, quiet and calculating, as the fragrant smoke rose to the Netherworld sky. All the signs were as she suspected, little as she'd thought to find the miko so soon.  Not that it made the next part any easier.

She'd just have to figure that out quickly.

"I'm Chichimura Masako, Gensokyo's finest detective.  We've met before, so I won't bother with the business cards.  You don't seem like you want to retain a detective, anyway."

The tengu swayed.  She'd looked too long at the saplings of the Saigyou Ayakashi, and was already fighting to keep herself awake and focused.  A losing battle, without assistance.

But, for now, she could still keep herself upright.  She could still watch.  And she could still think.  Hopefully someone would shock her or throw coffee on her or something so she could keep doing so.

"Oh, I know," she said, continuing to puff on her kiseru.  "I've still got a bit of spare change left from what Konpaku gave me.  Give up, take off the mask, and tell me where you got it, and I can throw a couple coins at your shrine or something."

Masako gains 24 temporary hit points from Pattern Prediction.

Masako uses Swift Scan on Reimu as a free action, targeting her Perks!  Masako gains detailed information on whatever Perks Reimu has, adding it to her bestiary/casefile!  Additional behavioral/biographical/etc information may be provided at GM discretion.

Masako uses Summarize Observation on Reimu, gaining Insight for each action Reimu uses.

Spoiler

THP: 24

HP: 50/50

Init: +12

Insight: 1

Pursuit: 0

Perks: 

(Perk) Science of Deduction:  Masako has a pool of Insight that can be used to enhance her actions or deploy other effects.  The pool starts as empty at the beginning of any battle and can contain a maximum of 15 Insight.  Insight can be gained in the following ways:
+1 Insight for using the swift scan action to uncover a new piece of information.
+1 Insight when Masako is targeted by an enemy action.  Once per round (?).
+1 Insight at the start of the round if Masako has full bestiary information on an enemy.
+3 Insight for using a full scan on a target, after paying the initial cost.

(Perk) As the Gale:  For every 5 total Insight gained, Masako gains one Pursuit token.  Masako can expend a pursuit token to take an extra action on their turn. 

(Perk) Perfect Profile: Swift scan - For each bestiary category possessed on a target, increase masako's damage against the target 10%, plus an additional 10% if a full bestiary* is possessed.

(Perk) Teachings of the Tengu:  Masako has a thousand years of experience from before she decided to become a detective, and many of the greatest legends of the tengu praise their skill as teachers.  Masako may select two other units, who may choose to gain the benefits of any effects currently active on Masako which directly buff or modify her attacks and damage.  If any of these effects are based off Masako’s attributes, the targets may use Masako’s attributes to calculate the bonus in place of their own.

(Flaw) Investigative: While she can apparently act without care at times, the crow tengu are known as the nimble information corps for a reason.  Gathering information is their forte, and acting without first observing and calculating a plan is something few--Masako included--are inclined to do. When Masako’s Insight pool is empty at the start of her turn, reduce damage she deals during that turn by 50%.

Max HP: 50
Initiative: +12

Strength: 
Dexterity: 12 
Intelligence: 12  
Constitution: 
Synergy: 

Actions:

Deduction "Shocking Insight" (Active, Level 1):  A complex danmaku pattern, compartmentalizing the field with dazzling blasts and chains of connected bursts that leave her opponent unable too dazed to react, emulating the work of a racing, brilliant mind.
-Select a target, dealing [Dex] damage.  The target is stunned for one round.  2 turn cooldown.  
--INSIGHT: Select up to two additional targets.  By spending 2 Insight per target, deal the damage and stun to each while increasing the cooldown by the number of additional targets selected (Level 2: -1 cooldown when selecting multiple targets).  
--Base: Select a target, dealing Int damage.  The target is stunned for one round.  2 turn cooldown.  Base cooldown cannot be reduced below 2.
--Level 2: The first additional target selected using Insight no longer increases cooldown.  Further targets increase cooldown as normal.

Last Word Spell Card -- "Case Closing Declaration" (Active, Level 2):  Exploiting every weakness whether produced or revealed, the tengu constructs a prison of danmaku from which there is almost no escape, closing and quartering the enemy within.

-Select 1 target, spending any even number of Insight points.  Deal the average of X([Weapon damage]+2*LVL) damage to the target, where X is (Insight Used/2) + 2.  Masako cannot use full actions the turn after using this action.  5 turn cooldown.
--Base:  Select 1 target, spending any even number of Insight points.  Deal X([Weapon damage]+LVL) damage to the target, where X is (Insight Used/2) + 2.  Masako cannot use full actions the turn after using this action.  5 turn cooldown.
--Level 2:  Add an additional LVL damage to the calculation.

Pattern Prediction (Passive, Level 3):  
-At the start of each of her turns, Masako gains temporary hitpoints equal to her INT+DEX.
--INSIGHT:  Masako can spend insight to add additional temporary hit points to those gained at the start of her turn.  For each point of insight spent in this way, Masako gains [LVL] additional thp.
--Base: At the start of every other turn, Masako gains temporary hitpoints equal to her INT.
--Level 2: Masako gains temporary hitpoints at the start of each of her turns.
--Level 3: If an attack is directed at Masako while Masako has thp, treat Masako as dodging the attack for all purposes, though her hitpoints are still reduced as normal.
--Level 4: When Masako gains temporary hit points, increase the amount gained by [DEX].

Swift Scan (Active, Level 4): No defense is perfect.  No puzzle can't be solved.  Analyzing the target allows the tengu to identify weaknesses in the enemy's defense, and direct their allies to strike at the necessary points.
-As a free action, select one target, and select one category.  Categories include weaknesses, resistances (including DR), perks, actions, or attributes.  Masako gains detailed information on the selected category, limited to the realm of what might be possible for an immensely talented detective to infer from observation.  Additional information or details not directly related to the chosen category--such as biographical and behavioral details, unusual or otherwise--that the tengu may have noticed may be provided at the GM's discretion.  If a target selected by this action is untargetable, it becomes targetable.
--INSIGHT: The tengu may pay 15 Insight to expand this action to a Full Scan, providing information on all remaining unscanned categories (equivalent, roughly, to a full character sheet), halving all the target's resistances (including DR) and making all attacks directed at the target count as undodgeable for the remainder of the battle.  The Insight cost of this action is reduced by 3, to a minimum of 0, for every category previously observed using swift scan.  When using full scan on generic enemies, effects apply to all generic enemies of the same kind. Level 4:  A target selected by full scan is always targetable by this and other actions.  Can only be used once per unique enemy kind per battle.
--Base: As a free action, select one target, and select one category.  Categories include weaknesses, resistances (including DR), perks, actions, or attributes.  Masako gains detailed information on the selected category, limited to the realm of what might be possible for an immensely talented detective to infer from observation.  Hence, selecting the action category may provide a list of possible actions, but what those actions actually DO beyond a very general sense would require further observation, such as that gained by the target using/having used that action.  Additional unrelated information may be provided at the GM’s discretion.  2 round cooldown.
--Level 2: Reduce cooldown by 1.
--Level 3: Remove Cooldown.  This action may only be used once per round. 
--Level 4:  This action may select targets that are otherwise untargetable.  If used to do so, those targets become targetable.  This effect is always active if full scan has been used on the target. 

Wind Sign "Fierce Gale" (Active, Level 5):  Masako’s Insight permits her to strike past the enemy defenses with a flurry of spears, falling upon the enemy like rain driven by hurricane winds.
-Make one weapon attack against a target of your choice.  Make one additional weapon attack against a target of your choice if there are 3 or more points of insight in your pool, and again if there are 9 or more points of insight in your pool.  2 turn cooldown.  Cannot be used more than once per turn.
--Base:  Make one weapon attack against a target of your choice.  For every 6 points of Insight currently in the your Insight Pool, make one additional weapon attack against a target of your choice.  5 turn cooldown.  Cannot be used more than once per turn.
--Level 2: Reduce cooldown by 1 turn.
--Level 3: Reduce cooldown by 1 turn.
--Level 4: Reduce cooldown by 1 turn.
--Level 5:  Additional attacks are now provided at 3 and 9 points of insight, instead of 6 and 12.

Summarize Observation (Active, Level 2):  Masako takes time to observe the way a target moves and reacts, generating a full profile and schema for the battle to ensue.
-Masako selects one target.  For one round, whenever that target takes an action, Masako gains 3 Insight.
--INSIGHT:  Masako may choose to forgo Insight gained from this action.  If she does so, for every 2 Insight she would have gained, she treats herself as possessing an additional category of unclassified bestiary information for the purpose of determining the effects of Perfect Profile during the following round. Any Insight gained over the normal limits of her pool is always converted in this manner.
--Base: Masako selects one target.  For one round, whenever that target takes an action, Masako gains 2 Insight.
--Level 2: Increase Insight gained per action by 1.

Equipment: 

Tengu Yari (Equipment, 6 Tokens): 
-4d8+Dex damage.
--Base: Deals 1d4+Dex damage.
--Level 2: increase damage by 1d4.
--Level 3: increase damage by 1d4.
--Level 4: increase damage by 1d4.
--Level 5: increase size of damage dice from d4 to d6.
--Level 6: increase size of damage dice from d6 to d8.

Heavenly Kiseru (Equipment, 1 Tokens):  An old, japanese style pipe.  The tengu claims it helps her think through difficult cases.  Whether smoking helps her clear her mind or not, a huge smokescreen is more than capable of helping one get away from a particularly dangerous burst of danmaku.
-If the tengu would be reduced to 0 hp after all other effects, the Heavenly Kiseru activates.  Negate the action which triggered this effect.  Once per encounter.

*The bestiary is a collection of information masako has collected on each enemy she has faced, with each entry consisting of five categories as specified under swift scan.  Each category specifies important details for fighting an enemy and deducing its course of action.  A full bestiary entry for a given target is one consisting of all five categories, and is essentially a character sheet, minus details which could not conceivably be deduced by a classic archetypal master detective.  The unclassified categories from miscellaneous observation do not provide additional information and do not count towards a full entry, though they stack with normal categories for calculating effects and bonuses dependent on the number of categories scanned.  Individual bestiary entries are maintained between combats.  This bestiary is distinct from the communal trespassers bestiary, though enemies Masako scans can be uploaded to the communal one.

Walmond

"I see... Lambda, prepare to intercept Reimu. Youmu, would you please thin out those shadows?" Walmond asked and commanded, earning herself a short nod from her automaton as Lambda's shields began to extend from her gauntlets. She also chose to take a short step back, even if she was likely the least of Reimu's priority.

Walmond gives up her turn so Youmu can attack Shadow Beast B. Lambda activates Defensive Modifications, giving herself 35% Damage Reduction for two turns. In addition, the first attack on Walmond this turn will automatically be redirected to Lambda.

Walmond loadout

Spoiler

Stats:
Constitution: 4
Dexterity: 6
Intelligence: 9
Strength: 0
Synergy: 3

Perks

Vulnerable to Attacks (Flaw)
Due to a design flaw when she was first made, Lambda takes  x1.5 more damage from magic based attacks. Walmond, on the on the other hand, takes x1.5 more damage from physical based attacks.

Study of the Healing Arts
Walmond has learned to enhance the capabilities of healing magic so that it can affect multiple people at one, earning him access to the action “Healing Field”

Actions (6/6)

Bolt: Walmond attacks with a burst of electric magic. Deals 1d6+INT damage.
- Level 1: Deals 1d6+INT damage to an opponent

Basic block: Walmond create a short lived magical barrier in front of him, reducing damage by 50%
- Level 1: Reduces damage taken by 50%

(Perk Backed) Healing Field: Walmond has learned how to heal multiple people at the same time, and gladly uses it to his advantage. Walmond can heal up to 5 allies for 2d4+INT hp.
- Level 1: Walmond chooses two allies. Those two allies are healed by 1d4+INT.
- Level 2: Walmond can now pick three allies to heal.
- Level 3: Healing dice increases from 1d4  to 2d4.
- Level 4: Walmond can now pick four allies to heal.
- Level 5: Walmond can now pick 5 allies to heal. 

Tazer: A targeted bolt of electricity aimed more to stop an enemy instead of killing. Deals 1d4+[Int] damage, and forces a Con check against Walmond’s int. If Walmond wins, the target is paralyzed for three turns, and has a 50% chance to lose their turn at the start of each turn.
Level 1:  Deals 1d4+[Int/2] damage, and forces a Con check on the target against Walmond’s Int. If Walmond wins the check, the target is Paralyzed for 1 turn, and has a 50% chance to lose their turn.
Level 2: Paralyzed duration increased to two turns.
Level 3: Paralyzed duration increased to three turns.

Level 4: Damage increased by [Int/2]

(Passive) Command Return: In a pinch, Walmond can resummon Lambda back to him, allowing to easily keep doing her job of defending him. Each turn, the first attack against Walmond is automatically redirected to Lambda.
Level 1: Every four turns, the first attack of the turn against Walmond is automatically moved to target Lambda instead.
Level 2: Cooldown reduced to every three turns.
Level 3: Cooldown reduced to every two turns.

Level 4: Each turn, the first attack against Walmond will be moved to target Lambda instead. This passive cannot gain any more levels to increase its frequency.

(Equipment) Walmond’s Cloak: The cloak worn by Walmond at all times, imbued with magical energy left from his spells. While equipped, all healing spells used by the wearer gain a +5 boost to its healing.
- Level 1: All healing spells gain a +1 boost to their healing.
- Level 2: Boost increased by +1
- Level 3: Boost increased by another +1
- Level 4: Boost increased by another +1
- Level 5: Boost increased by another +1

Lambda loadout

Spoiler

Stats: 
Constitution: 9
Dexterity: 0
Intelligence: 
Strength: 9
Synergy: 4

Perks

Iron Wall: As part of her “programming”, Lambda is rather adept at keeping a threat distracted and occupied for her charges. Grants Lambda the action “Defense Procedures”.

Metallic Core
Lambda herself is almost completely machine, with the rest of her being magic. As such, she gains immunity to status effects and debuffs that would not effect machines, such as poison. However, due to the fact that she is held together by magic, healing spells do have an effect on her, though at half the normal power. Repair healing, on the other hand, heals her normally.

Due to a design flaw when she was first made, Lambda takes  x1.5 more damage from magic based attacks. Walmond, on the on the other hand, takes x1.5 more damage from physical based attacks.

Actions (6/6)

Arm Blades: Lambda’s large blades that extends from her arms. Deals 1d4+Strength damage
- Level 1: Deals 1d4+Strength damage

Threaten the enemy: Lambda moves in front of her allies, practically daring the enemy to attack her. When used, Lambda can taunt up to three opponents to attack her.
- Level 1: Lambda forces a single enemy to attack her until her next turn. The target must be chosen ahead of time.
- Level 2: Lambda can now taunt 2 opponents
- Level 3: Lambda can now taunt 3 opponents

(Perked Back) Defense Procedure: A more risky approach to Lambda’s normal protocols, getting right in the face of an opponent to practically force them to attack her. When used, Lambda taunts one enemy for two turns, and applies a 25% damage reduction to their damage towards her. Two turn cooldown.
- Level 1: Lambda taunts one enemy for two turns, and applies a 15% damage reduction to their damage towards her, which stacks with Defensive Modifications. Two turn cooldown.
- Level 2: Damage reduction increased by 10%.

Defensive Modifications: Lambda takes a second to switch her blades for shields. For two turns, Lambda cannot attack, but gains a 35% damage reduction.
- Level 1: Lambda is unable to attack for 2 turns. In exchange, she gains a 25% damage reduction for that period of time. However, she can only use non-damaging actions during this time.
- Level 2: Damage reduction is increased by 5%.

- Level 3: Damage reduction is increased by 5%.

Emergency Repair: Lambda stops fighting for a few moments to initiate self repairs. Heals Lambda for 3d6+SYN health, and ignores the reduction from her perk.
- Level 1: Lambda heals herself, without the normal reduction from her perk, by 1d6+SYN.

- Level 2: Heal increased by 1d6.
- Level 3: Heal increased by 1d6.

Electrical Charge: Lambda charges her blades to deal additional electrical damage. The charge actually causes Lambda’s eyes to glow much brighter than they normally do, along with her blades beginning to charge up with electricity. When used, Lambda gains a SYN+1d4 boost to her next damaging action, and can be stacked up twice. 
- Level 1: Until her next damaging action, Lambda’s blades gain a SYN bonus points of electrical damage.
- Level 2: Damage granted by this action now increases to SYN+1d4 bonus points of damage.
- Level 3: Damage granted by this action now stack, up to two times. The damage is still lost when she attacks, however.

"Hey, Dick Tracy! No sleeping on the job! All hands on deck!"
As the fairy snapped her fingers right next to Masako's ears to keep her awake, she reflected on something; this, surprisingly, was closer to Empi's wheelhouse than anything else that had come before. Office mishaps, were, after all, a minor occupational hazard, and the Romantic Affairs and Matchmaking Office was RIGHT next to the Intoxication, Hallucinations and Bad Dreams R&D department.

Still, wasn't a fantastic situation to be in.
Empi uses Take It Easy on Masako to remove her Serene Repose status.
Take It Easy: Removes all statuses on a target and blocks one incoming status until the target's next turn.
Empi's Fairy Dust gives her a 5% chance of resisting ailments.

IP drew her weapon and shield as soon as Reimu said "extermination", aiming the gun at her. IP seemed to emit a few beeps as she suddenly said, "Unsafe environment! Activating Emergency Response Protocol. All non-combatants, leave the area immediately!"

IP activates her Emergency Response for Methadone! If an ally falls below 40% HP, IP will use Methadone on them as a free action, ignoring one turn of cooldown!

0/20 HARM

0/20 HEAL

Methadone: READY
Emergency Response: READY

Weapon Guidance: READY

Aim Assist: READY

Tomahawk: READY

Spoiler

HP: 30+(5*7) = 65/65

Init: (6-Encumbrance) = -1

Stats: 10(Base)+(4*Level 5)=30/30 Stat Caps: 5(Base)+7.5(1.5*Level 5) = 12

Constitution:7

Dexterity:6

Intelligence:9

Strength:8

Synergy:0

Perks: 2(Base)+1(5/5 Levels)  = 3/3

Core: Teacher

Prototype can perform the perk-backed action Aim Assist.

Core Class Memory Module allows Prototype to guarantee crits for its allies

Memory Module: Target Cracker -

Prototype’s critical hits (including those granted to allies) will inflict triple their damage, instead of double.

Class Memory Module allows Prototype to hit weak points at special angles to triple damage inflicted

Memory Module: Duality -

Whenever Prototype has healed a total of LVL*4 during a single encounter, it gains a 30% damage bonus for the next 3 turns. Whenever Prototype inflicts a total of LVL*4 damage during a single encounter, it gains a 30% bonus to heals performed for the next 3 turns. This effect can trigger multiple times in a single encounter.

Class Memory Module allows Prototype to enhance healing when dealing damage, and enhance damage output when healing

Actions: 8(Base)+10(2*Level 5) = 15/18

Guard -

Halves damage once all other damage calculations are made. Does not have initiative, and does not reduce true damage.

No special properties, but always available

Methadone -

Targets an ally of choice, including Prototype itself. Heals 3d4+INT per turn for four turns. While active, also reduces damage by 15% while active. Cooldown of four turns.

Level 1 (Base) - “Healing Over Time”

Prototype applies a secret chemical blend to an ally of choice (including itself), healing 1d4+INT each turn for three turns. Five turn cooldown.

Level 2 - “Reduces Pain”

Prototype’s medical treatment now includes painkillers, reducing the damage an ally takes by 15% for the duration of Methadone’s effects.

Level 3 - “Stronger Dosage”

Prototype now synthesizes and applies a stronger dose of chemicals. Another die is added to the amount healed, for a total of 2d4+INT

Level 4 - “Faster Recharge”

Prototype synthesizes doses of chemical blend at a faster pace. Cooldown reduced by one turn, for a total of four turns.

Level 5 - “Prototype Blend”

Prototype’s chemical blend has been revised to heal more serious injuries. Another die is added to the amount healed, for a total of 3d4+INT healed per turn.

Level 6 - “Extended Duration”

Prototype’s chemical blend has been revised to remain in the target’s system for a longer duration. The duration of all effects of Methadone is extended by one turn, for a duration of four turns.

Level 6 - “Reduces Pain - POWER 125%”

Prototype’s painkillers become stronger, reducing the damage an ally takes by 25% for the duration of Methadone’s effects.

Emergency Response -

Prototype gives itself “Emergency Response” and chooses a healing action. If an ally falls below 40% HP while “Emergency Response” is active, Prototype immediately uses the healing action on that ally as a free action if it’s available. “Emergency Response” can ignore one turn of cooldown. The action itself has a cooldown of five turns.

Level 1 (Base) - “Teammate Monitoring”

Prototype applies the status “Emergency Response” to itself, choosing a healing action to take. If an ally falls below 40% HP while “Emergency Response” is active, Prototype immediately uses that action on the ally as a free action if the action is available (not on cooldown, not disabled, etc.). Cooldown of five turns.

Level 2 - “Emergency Reactivation”

“Emergency Response” can now ignore one turn of cooldown on the healing action in question.

Level 3 - “Emergency Reactivation POWER 125%”

“Emergency Response” can now ignore two turns of cooldown on the healing action in question.

Level 4 - “Rapid Response”

“Emergency Response” now has a cooldown of four turns.

Weapon Guidance -

Prototype can give an ally advice on weapon use, increasing weapon damage by 20% for three turns. Alternatively, Prototype can provide information to two allies, increasing weapon damage by 10% for three turns. Three turn cooldown. Can stack with Aim Assist.

Level 1 (Base) - “Applied Database Knowledge”

Instructor can give one ally advice on how to more effectively use their weapons, granting a 20% weapon damage boost for three turns. Cooldown of three turns.

Level 2 - “Coordinated Guidance”

Weapon Guidance now stacks with Aim Assist.

Level 3 - “Shared Database Knowledge”

The damage boost can now be shared with two allies, giving each ally a 10% damage boost for three turns.

Aim Assist -

Active (Perk-Backed) 

Prototype makes an ally’s attack inflict a critical hit for double damage, ignoring the target’s DR. The attack also becomes perfectly accurate - it cannot miss or be dodged. Cooldown of three turns. If this critical hit kills an enemy, the cooldown is reduced by one turn.

Prototype’s combat analysis can be given to a teammate to ensure that they strike a target’s weakest spots

Level 1 (Base) - “Shared Accuracy”

Instructor can direct an ally’s attack, guaranteeing a critical hit for double damage. Cooldown of three turns.

Level 2 - “Self-Assistance”

Instructor can now use Aim Assist on itself.

Level 3 - “Feedback Loop”

If an enemy is killed with a critical hit from Aim Assist, its cooldown is reduced by one turn.

Level 4 - “Pinpoint Precision”

In addition to making an ally’s attack inflict a critical hit, the attack will now bypass an enemy’s DR.

Level 5 - “Motion Prediction Protocol”

In addition to making an ally’s attack inflict a critical hit and bypass DR, the attack will now be perfectly accurate - it can no longer miss or be dodged.

Equipment:2 (Base) + 5(Level 5) = 7/7 Unspent Tokens 0/5

Auto 9/45

6d4+DEX damage. 4/4 bursts remaining. Reloading takes a full turn.

Level 1 (Base) - “Dead or Alive”

Inflicts 3d4+DEX damage.

Weight of 8.

Can fire four bursts before it needs to be reloaded. Reloading takes a full turn.

Level 2 - “+Damage”

Another die is added to the weapon’s damage output, for a total of 4d4+DEX.

Level 3 - “+Damage”

Another die is added to the weapon’s damage output, for a total of 5d4+DEX.

Level 4 - “+Damage”

Another die is added to the weapon’s damage output, for a total of 6d4+DEX.

Tomahawk -

2d4+STR+|User INT-target INIT|/2 damage. Three turn cooldown.

Level 1 (Base) - “Mortal Strike”

Deals 2d4+STR damage. Three turn cooldown.

Weight of 8.

Level 2 - “Velocity”

The Tomahawk now inflicts bonus damage equal to |User INIT - target INIT|/2.

Viking Riotshield -

Provides -4 DR against physical attacks.

Level 1 (Base) - “Riot Guard Standard Issue”

Weight of 15.

Rory quickly starts advancing... Well, quickly for someone carrying a sword gun bigger than most people and a heavy Iron shield. That he advances, spitting hate and fury at Reimu with all the typical abrasiveness he has.

Rory uses Armed and Ready on Reimu.

Rory Actions: 

Spoiler

HP: 90 HP
Init: 11

Stats: 0 points
Constitution: 12
Dexterity: 6
Intelligence: 5
Strength: 6
Synergy: 1

Perks: 
Aura: After getting hit Rory heals for 10% of the damage taken, rounded up.

Harden:  Getting hit activates Rory’s semblance. For every 25% of his max HP he loses, Rory gains lvl/2 DR.

Huntsman Basics:  Rory takes no fall damage. Additionally, he can carve materials from enemies which grant effects related to the enemy.

Flaw: Repositioning:  Every consecutive turn spent attacking lowers Rory’s Initiative by 3. He can't hit enemies that have 15 more Initiative than him.

Actions:

Wyrmstake Launcher: A modification added to gunlances that allows for the launching of a Wyrmstake, obviously. Deals 1d6+STR damage to the target applies a burn that deals 1d6 damage for 3 turns, and deals 1d6+Dex Damage after the burn wears off.
     Lvl 1: Applies a Burn that deals 1d6 damage for 3 turns and deals an additional 1d6+Dex damage after the burn wears off.
     Lvl 2 Boop: Deals 1d6 damage to the target as well.

LVL 3: Increased initial damage by +STR
Caffeine:  Rory spends the turn getting back into position, increasing his Initiative by his 1.5*Dex.
    Level 1: Increases Initiative by Rory’s Dex

Level 2: Further increases Initiative by 1.5X Dex

Armed and Ready!:  Rory Taunts an enemy, forcing them to attack him for 6 rounds. Only works on one enemy at a time.
    Level 1: Taunt a single enemy for a round, only works on one enemy.
Level 2-5: +1 round of taunt. Total of six rounds of taunt.

I Burn: Every two attacks in a row Rory Unloads the gun in his Lance dealing +3d6 damage against his target.
    Lvl1: When Rory attacks 2 times in a row his Second attack deals an additional 2d6 damage.
    Lvl2: Unloading deals an additional 1d6

I May Fall: Rory bolsters himself, Giving himself +20 Temporary HP in return for losing 1 DR for two Rounds.  (This can make his DR negative causing him to take more damage from each attack.)
    LvL1: Rory loses 2 DR and gains 10 temp HP for two rounds.
    Level 2: BUT NOT LIKE THIS!: +5 Temp HP.
    Level 3 IT WON’T BE BY YOUR HANDS: +5 Temp HP

Level 4: DR lose reduced to -1

Bad Luck Charm: Desperate times call for desperate measures. Which of course means Rory takes a moment to hurt himself and bolster his resolve. Rory takes Con Damage and after 3 turns regains 2x the damage taken.

Level 1: Rory takes Con Damage and after 3 turns regains 1.5x the damage taken.

Level 2: Heal is increased to 2x the damage taken.

Defend: Rory Blocks, taking 50% of the damage dealt to him.

Equipment:
Lúin of Celtchar: An Iron Gunlance, looking like someone made a big Revolver, put it on a stick, and then strapped an equally large Bayonet to it. 4d4+STR damage.
    Level 1: 1d4+STR
    Level 2: +1d4 damage
    Level 3: +1d4 damage
    Level 4: +1d4 Damage

Shield:  “A sturdy Iron Shield, typically not something worn by hunters due to the huge amount of Strength their enemies bring to bear. However most Hunters aren’t Fucking Invincible.” -Rory +3 DR while Guarding and can’t be affected by movement based effects.
    Level 1: +1 DR while Guarding.
    Level 2: While Guarding Rory can’t be affected by movement based effects.
    Level 3: +1 DR while Guarding
    Level 4: +1 DR while Guarding.

Kulu Armor: A set of armor with a “Desert Nomad” theme, consisting of mainly light browns and reds. The face is mainly covered by a red Head Scarf with the rest of the body being covered except for the biceps. +1 DR against Fire attacks, Friendly Effects are 10% more potent, and checks for moving while carrying things are reduced by 2.
    Level 1: +1 DR against Fire attacks.
    Level 2: Friendly effects are 10% more potent
    Level 3: Checks for moving while carrying things are reduced by 2

Auto-support activates! Rakukaja on herself, Isobel, Empi

Action: Tarukaja on Masako

Spoiler

Init: +8 (10 dex -2 weight)

Stats:

Intelligence: 0

Strength: 4

Synergy: 13 (11 +2 Ring)

Perks/Flaws:

Autosupport:

Auto-support: On the first turn of battle, Hikari can choose a support ability she has; it is applied to the amount of targets the spell would have +2, and one has to be herself. Buffs applied this way do not apply Session.

Session:

When Hikari uses a single-target ally affecting move during her turn, it also applies the “Session” buff of indefinite duration. Hikari has an action called “Session Trigger”, which when activated, causes all allies affected by the buff and herself to attack once with their equipped weapon or a zero cooldown attack. The buff cannot stack, and can only be applied once during Hikari’s turn.

Healing Powers (provisional name):

When Hikari supports her allies, it’s more effective than your average buff or heal. Add half SYN healing to all support actions.

High Speed (Provisional name)

Hikari has a pool of ‘half actions”, weaker than normal actions but two can be used per turn. These are weakened versions of existing actions. If Hikari uses an ability as a half action, the result is reduced to one half of what it would normally be.

Thunder Weakness: Electricity just doesn’t agree with Hikari. Ivory explains to her that it’s probably a result of how some species of wyvern - the beast she most often rides - can’t handle electrical shocks well. Double damage from electricity.

Actions (5 slots + perks):

Session Trigger (Perk, Active) - Triggers all Session buffs on allies, making them launch a single attack with their equipped weapon, or a zero cooldown attack, at the target

Tarukaja (Active, Lv.2):

Grants 6+Half SYN boost to damage to target for two turns

Base: 3+Half SYN boost

Level 2: 6+Half SYN Boost

Rakukaja (Active, Lv.2):

Grants half SYN DR to target for two turns

Base: Half SYN DR

Level 2: 1+Half SYN DR

Dia (Active, Lv.3): A basic heal that heals one target for 2d4+SYN Health.

Base: 1d4+SYN Health

Level 2: 2d4+SYN Health

Level 3: 3d4+SYN Health

Amrita (Active, Lv.1): Cures status ailments on one ally.

Base: Cures status ailments for one ally.

Media (Active, Lv.2): Heals four allies by SYN. Two turn cooldown.

Base: Heals three allies by SYN. Two turn cooldown.

Level 2: Heal four allies by SYN. Two turn cooldown

Pierce (Active, Lv.1): Attacks with equipped weapon, and reduces enemy DR by 3. Two turn cooldown.

Magical enhancement (Passive, Lv.1): Channeling Hikari’s magical power, her attacks add one fourth SYN to their damage (assuming they’re not a SYN weapon).

Equipped Things:

Pulse Rifle

2d4+DEX damage, and can double the dice as a free action with six turn cooldown.

Raptora Armor:

Reduces init by 6 - STR.

Jump Jets: As a free action, dodge the attack that would deal you the most damage this turn. 5 turn cooldown.

Ultimate Charge 0/10:  Whenever you damage an enemy, you gain 1 ultimate charge, to a maximum of 10.  You cannot gain more than 1 charge per action performed. Ultimate charge is retained until spent, but cannot be transferred from 1 person to another.

Barrage:  As a free action, you may activate this ability by spending 10 ultimate charges.  Until your next turn, your equipped weapon is replaced by Rocket Barrage, a weightless weapon that deals Leveld6 damage to three enemies, evenly divided between them.

Synergistic Ring (2 Tokens)

A ring that glows with power. Adds 2 SYN.

Base: 1 SYN

Craft 1: 2 SYN

Symbol of Lumabella 

A holy item in the shape of a stylized bow in a beam of sunlight. Can be activated as a free action once per battle to cause the user's ally-targeting actions to remove a single debuff from allies for the round. If said action already removes debuffs, it will instead heal them by user SYN/2.

Inventory:

Ivory’s Spear (Trick, 2 tokens):

Nothing fancy here - a spear of iron made to be used from wyvern back, with some precision. 2d4+DEX damage.

Base: 1d4+DEX damage

Craft Lvl1: 2d4+DEX damage.

Ivory’s Armor (Trick, 3 tokens)

Green armor fit for a rider of wyverns. Reduces damage from slashing and piercing weapons by two in exchange for 4-STR reduction in initiative.

-Base: 1 damage reduction, 5 weight.

-Craft Level: Improved fittings reduce effective weight by 1.

-Craft Level: Better tempering increases damage reduction by 1.

A wave of positive magic moves out from Hikari, strengthening several of her teammates! 

Isobel shakes off the all-too-peaceful feeling for now, giving herself a rough slap to the face to stop herself from focusing on the saplings. Meanwhile, LOTUS does some analysis of the local space, letting Empi know what the best routes to travel through the garden are. 

Empi uses this assistance to get over to the dazed-looking tengu and snap her out of her reverie, allowing her to focus on the upcoming battle.

Reimu's first action is to unleash a spray of youkai-hunting needles, targeting Empi and Walmond! The attacks will arrive next turn.

Coercion Needles deployed, Reimu then takes an odd pose, channeling divine energies through herself - or what would be divine, were it not for what she currently seemed linked to. Nothing outwardly happened, but Empi and Rory found themselves feeling very calm.

Rory advances despite this, making some unspecified but quite rude targets at the miko. Her expression doesn't seem to shift much, but she stares him down regardless.

Masako, despite the sudden fog in her mind, performs some of her signature analysis on the red-and-white miko. She remembers that Reimu is adept at using spell cards, as many are, and can continue to attack while channeling them if they were triggered conditionally. She also recalls that her danmaku is quite potent, covering a large number of targets. It also seems that some energy is going into her link with the saplings, and breaking this might temporarily empower her. Finally, she remembers Reimu's Fantasy Nature, which allows her to float out of reality at will. She continues to observe Reimu somewhat sleepily. 

UB-65 sends out Richter to analyze the area. All the hostiles seem to be visible, but he's able to determine that the names of her actions are Hunting Amulet, Coercion Needle, Saigyou Akashi Brand, Nightmare Sign "Dream-Sealing Circle," and Spirit Sign "Fantasy Prison." She also enters stealth, skulking among Youmu's carefully-tended rose bushes.

Hikari casts a supportive spell on Masako, filling her with vigor. 

Reimu swings one arm, attacking with a flurry of hanafuda. They lock onto Rory, Hikari, and Lambda, striking each of them for 15, 8, and 22 damage, respectively. The attacks splash over, dealing 6 damage to Walmond, IP, Masako, Empi, UB-65, and Lambda.

Walmond cues Youmu, who takes up a careful stance aimed at Shadow Beast B. Lambda, meanwhile, buffs up her defenses, ensuring she'll be ready for the next assault.

The Shadow Beasts advance on the group. One lunges at Hikari, swiping at her for [7] damage. Another jumps at Masako; it would have dealt [14] damage had she not woven around the strike. The last attacks Lambda, clobbering at her for [9] damage.

IP preps an emergency response, in case one of her living allies falls below 40% HP.

Initiative:

Masako: 10

Status

Reimu: Healthy, Taunted (Rory, 5 turns remain), Observed (1 turn)
Shadow Beast A : Healthy
Shadow Beast B : Healthy
Shadow Beast C : Healthy

Isobel: 60/60, Healthy, +7 damage reduction (1 turns remain)
Empi: 49/55, Serene Repose, +7 damage reduction (1 turns remain)
Rory: 75/90, Serene Repose
Masako: 55/55, Healthy, 4/24 Pattern Prediction, +12 damage (2 turns remain)
Walmond: 36/42, Healthy
Lambda: 20/57, Healthy, 35% damage reduction (2 turns remain)

IP: 58/65, Healthy, Emergency Response

UB-65: 49/55, Healthy, Crush Depth

Hikari: 47/55, Healthy, +7 damage reduction (2 turns remain)

A small bent tube is seen peaking out of the top of one of the bushes and a slight buzzing noise can be heard nearby to UB-65's bush.

UB-65 activates the fuse on her torpedo as a free action to launch it next turn at Shadow Beast C. She sends Richter to use Spectral Attack on Shadow Beast C causing the next attack to it to deal 8 additional damage dice on hit.

Init: 9

Stats:
Dexterity: 9
Intelligence: 9
Synergy: 5

Perks: 
Sneak Attack - When attacking an opponent that has not attacked you this round, the attack does your level in extra damage.
Run Silent, Run Deep - Grants action Crush Depth
Spectral Recon - Activates free action, reveals hostiles within 50m (based on stealth check), choose one enemy that is detected and know the names of each of their actions; 3 round cooldown
Hidden Repair - Regen 20% of max HP in healing if not attack for one round

Flaw: Poor Ventilation - 30% less damage dealt in rounds exposed to gas attacks, if attacking for two turns in a row lose 4 initiative

Actions: 
Crush Depth (Perk Granted) - Becomes stealthed, enemies cannot perceive you until you attack (untargetable), 1 round cooldown

Torpedo Attack 7 - Causes 5d8 + Dexterity damage, INT/2 damage for flooding per turn over 3 turns (bleed damage for non-flooding targets), 2 round cooldown, Can set a fuse to launch the following turn after activation as a free action.
Level 1: Causes 3d8 + Dexterity damage, INT/2 damage for flooding per turn over 3 turns (bleed damage for non-flooding targets), 3 round cooldown.
Level 2: 4d8+Dex
Level 3: 5d8+dex
Level 4: 2 Round Cooldown
Level 5: Can set a fuse to launch the following turn after activation as a free action.
Level 6: 6d8+Dex
Level 7: 7d8+Dex

Spectral Attack 7 - One target is selected for a haunted targeting, give attacking friendly eight extra damage die; only one enemy may be haunted at a time; lasts lasts until target is next attacked
Level 1: One target is selected for a haunted targeting, give attacking friendly 4 extra damage die; only one enemy may be haunted at a time; lasts for 1 round
Level 2: 5 extra damage die
Level 3: 6 extra damage die
Level 4: 7 extra damage die
Level 5: 8 extra damage die
Level 6: No cooldown
Level 7: Lasts until target is attacked next

Flare Launch 4 - One random enemy must use next attack on you on the round of activation, damage reduction by 5 universal for one round when activated
Level 1: One random enemy must use next attack on you on the round of activation, damage reduction by 2 universal for one round when activated
Level 2: damage reduction by 3 universal
Level 3: damage reduction by 4 universal
Level 4: damage reduction by 5 universal

Equipment: 
Deck Gun 4 - 4d4+Dexterity on one target
Level 1: 1d4+Dexterity on one target
Level 2: 2d4+Dex
Level 3: 3d4+Dex
Level 4: 4d4+Dex

Heavy Officer's Coat 3 - Grants 4 damage resistance to slashing attacks
Level 1: Grants 2 damage resistance to slashing damage
Level 2: Grants 3 damage resistance
Level 3: Grants 4 damage resistance

Edited by EryaHistoria

IP put on a burst of activity, first injecting Lambda with a syringe that popped out of a compartment in her left arm, then rapidly offering a series of instructions to Masako about the effective use of polearms in combat.

IP's Emergency Response activates! As a free action, IP uses Methadone on Lambda, healing Lambda for for 3d4+9 HP and decreasing damage received by 15% each turn for four turns!

IP provides Weapon Guidance to Masako! All her weapons will deal 20% more damage for three turns!

HP: 59/65

0/20 HARM

0/20 HEAL

Methadone: COOLING DOWN - 0/4 Turns Left
Emergency Response: COOLING DOWN - 0/4 Turns Left

Weapon Guidance: READY

Aim Assist: READY

Auto 9/45: READY 4/4 Bursts Left

Tomahawk: READY

Spoiler

HP: 30+(5*7) = 65/65

Init: (6-Encumbrance) = -1

Stats: 10(Base)+(4*Level 5)=30/30 Stat Caps: 5(Base)+7.5(1.5*Level 5) = 12

Constitution:7

Dexterity:6

Intelligence:9

Strength:8

Synergy:0

Perks: 2(Base)+1(5/5 Levels)  = 3/3

Core: Teacher

Prototype can perform the perk-backed action Aim Assist.

Core Class Memory Module allows Prototype to guarantee crits for its allies

Memory Module: Target Cracker -

Prototype’s critical hits (including those granted to allies) will inflict triple their damage, instead of double.

Class Memory Module allows Prototype to hit weak points at special angles to triple damage inflicted

Memory Module: Duality -

Whenever Prototype has healed a total of LVL*4 during a single encounter, it gains a 30% damage bonus for the next 3 turns. Whenever Prototype inflicts a total of LVL*4 damage during a single encounter, it gains a 30% bonus to heals performed for the next 3 turns. This effect can trigger multiple times in a single encounter.

Class Memory Module allows Prototype to enhance healing when dealing damage, and enhance damage output when healing

Actions: 8(Base)+10(2*Level 5) = 15/18

Guard -

Halves damage once all other damage calculations are made. Does not have initiative, and does not reduce true damage.

No special properties, but always available

Methadone -

Targets an ally of choice, including Prototype itself. Heals 3d4+INT per turn for four turns. While active, also reduces damage by 15% while active. Cooldown of four turns.

Level 1 (Base) - “Healing Over Time”

Prototype applies a secret chemical blend to an ally of choice (including itself), healing 1d4+INT each turn for three turns. Five turn cooldown.

Level 2 - “Reduces Pain”

Prototype’s medical treatment now includes painkillers, reducing the damage an ally takes by 15% for the duration of Methadone’s effects.

Level 3 - “Stronger Dosage”

Prototype now synthesizes and applies a stronger dose of chemicals. Another die is added to the amount healed, for a total of 2d4+INT

Level 4 - “Faster Recharge”

Prototype synthesizes doses of chemical blend at a faster pace. Cooldown reduced by one turn, for a total of four turns.

Level 5 - “Prototype Blend”

Prototype’s chemical blend has been revised to heal more serious injuries. Another die is added to the amount healed, for a total of 3d4+INT healed per turn.

Level 6 - “Extended Duration”

Prototype’s chemical blend has been revised to remain in the target’s system for a longer duration. The duration of all effects of Methadone is extended by one turn, for a duration of four turns.

Level 6 - “Reduces Pain - POWER 125%”

Prototype’s painkillers become stronger, reducing the damage an ally takes by 25% for the duration of Methadone’s effects.

Emergency Response -

Prototype gives itself “Emergency Response” and chooses a healing action. If an ally falls below 40% HP while “Emergency Response” is active, Prototype immediately uses the healing action on that ally as a free action if it’s available. “Emergency Response” can ignore one turn of cooldown. The action itself has a cooldown of five turns.

Level 1 (Base) - “Teammate Monitoring”

Prototype applies the status “Emergency Response” to itself, choosing a healing action to take. If an ally falls below 40% HP while “Emergency Response” is active, Prototype immediately uses that action on the ally as a free action if the action is available (not on cooldown, not disabled, etc.). Cooldown of five turns.

Level 2 - “Emergency Reactivation”

“Emergency Response” can now ignore one turn of cooldown on the healing action in question.

Level 3 - “Emergency Reactivation POWER 125%”

“Emergency Response” can now ignore two turns of cooldown on the healing action in question.

Level 4 - “Rapid Response”

“Emergency Response” now has a cooldown of four turns.

Weapon Guidance -

Prototype can give an ally advice on weapon use, increasing weapon damage by 20% for three turns. Alternatively, Prototype can provide information to two allies, increasing weapon damage by 10% for three turns. Three turn cooldown. Can stack with Aim Assist.

Level 1 (Base) - “Applied Database Knowledge”

Instructor can give one ally advice on how to more effectively use their weapons, granting a 20% weapon damage boost for three turns. Cooldown of three turns.

Level 2 - “Coordinated Guidance”

Weapon Guidance now stacks with Aim Assist.

Level 3 - “Shared Database Knowledge”

The damage boost can now be shared with two allies, giving each ally a 10% damage boost for three turns.

Aim Assist -

Active (Perk-Backed) 

Prototype makes an ally’s attack inflict a critical hit for double damage, ignoring the target’s DR. The attack also becomes perfectly accurate - it cannot miss or be dodged. Cooldown of three turns. If this critical hit kills an enemy, the cooldown is reduced by one turn.

Prototype’s combat analysis can be given to a teammate to ensure that they strike a target’s weakest spots

Level 1 (Base) - “Shared Accuracy”

Instructor can direct an ally’s attack, guaranteeing a critical hit for double damage. Cooldown of three turns.

Level 2 - “Self-Assistance”

Instructor can now use Aim Assist on itself.

Level 3 - “Feedback Loop”

If an enemy is killed with a critical hit from Aim Assist, its cooldown is reduced by one turn.

Level 4 - “Pinpoint Precision”

In addition to making an ally’s attack inflict a critical hit, the attack will now bypass an enemy’s DR.

Level 5 - “Motion Prediction Protocol”

In addition to making an ally’s attack inflict a critical hit and bypass DR, the attack will now be perfectly accurate - it can no longer miss or be dodged.

Equipment:2 (Base) + 5(Level 5) = 7/7 Unspent Tokens 0/5

Auto 9/45

6d4+DEX damage. 4/4 bursts remaining. Reloading takes a full turn.

Level 1 (Base) - “Dead or Alive”

Inflicts 3d4+DEX damage.

Weight of 8.

Can fire four bursts before it needs to be reloaded. Reloading takes a full turn.

Level 2 - “+Damage”

Another die is added to the weapon’s damage output, for a total of 4d4+DEX.

Level 3 - “+Damage”

Another die is added to the weapon’s damage output, for a total of 5d4+DEX.

Level 4 - “+Damage”

Another die is added to the weapon’s damage output, for a total of 6d4+DEX.

Tomahawk -

2d4+STR+|User INT-target INIT|/2 damage. Three turn cooldown.

Level 1 (Base) - “Mortal Strike”

Deals 2d4+STR damage. Three turn cooldown.

Weight of 8.

Level 2 - “Velocity”

The Tomahawk now inflicts bonus damage equal to |User INIT - target INIT|/2.

Viking Riotshield -

Level 1 (Base) - “Riot Guard Standard Issue”

Weight of 15.

Masako gives herself a shake, glancing at the fairy out of the corner of her eye.  While Empi's yelling had managed to snap her back to her full senses, it was pretty clear that, as the fairy quieted down, she was apparently falling under the affects of the Saigyou Ayakashi herself.

The detective tilted her head, considering as she shifted just enough to let one of the shadow creatures sail past her as it attempted to leap and bite.  Given the way her free hand was poised, it seemed likely she was considering slapping the fairy back to sensibility.  But, with a shrug, she seemed to rethink it, turning her eyes back to Reimu... and to the beasts around her.

Masako's glasses glinted with reflected light as the network of danmaku spread throughout the otherworldly garden, flashing and blasting and illuminating the shadow creatures it caught in the bursts.  Through it all, she continued to puff on her kiseru, watching Reimu with her odd focus while continuing to weave around.  "No?  Well, I think Saigyouji has snacks around, if you want those instead.  It'll be a heck of a lot easier than this nonsense, anyway."

Masako gains 12 temporary hit points from Pattern Prediction.

Masako uses Swift Scan on Reimu as a free action, targeting her Actions!  Masako gains detailed information on whatever actions Reimu has, adding it to her bestiary/casefile!

Masako applies Teachings of the Tengu to Rory!  Currently, gains (20% damage bonus against Reimu from Perfect Profile, +12 to damage in general from Tarukaja.

Masako spends 4 Insight and uses Deduction "Shocking Insight", targeting Shadow Beast A, Shadow Beast B, and Shadow Beast C!  Each takes 24 damage and is stunned for 1 turn.

Masako spends a Pursuit token to use Summarize Observation on Reimu, gaining Insight for each action Reimu uses, and automatically dodging the first action Reimu directs at Masako while active.

Spoiler

THP: 12

HP: 50/50

Init: +12

Current Insight: 8

Total Insight gained: 12

Pursuit: 1

Perks: 

(Perk) Science of Deduction:  Masako has a pool of Insight that can be used to enhance her actions or deploy other effects.  The pool starts as empty at the beginning of any battle and can contain a maximum of 15 Insight.  Insight can be gained in the following ways:
+1 Insight for using the swift scan action to uncover a new piece of information.
+1 Insight when Masako is targeted by an enemy action.  Once per round (?).
+1 Insight at the start of the round if Masako has full bestiary information on an enemy.
+3 Insight for using a full scan on a target, after paying the initial cost.

(Perk) As the Gale:  For every 5 total Insight gained, Masako gains one Pursuit token.  Masako can expend a pursuit token to take an extra action on their turn. 

(Perk) Perfect Profile: Swift scan - For each bestiary category possessed on a target, increase masako's damage against the target 10%, plus an additional 10% if a full bestiary* is possessed.

(Perk) Teachings of the Tengu:  Masako has a thousand years of experience from before she decided to become a detective, and many of the greatest legends of the tengu praise their skill as teachers.  Masako may select two other units, who may choose to gain the benefits of any effects currently active on Masako which directly buff or modify her attacks and damage.  If any of these effects are based off Masako’s attributes, the targets may use Masako’s attributes to calculate the bonus in place of their own.

(Flaw) Investigative: While she can apparently act without care at times, the crow tengu are known as the nimble information corps for a reason.  Gathering information is their forte, and acting without first observing and calculating a plan is something few--Masako included--are inclined to do. When Masako’s Insight pool is empty at the start of her turn, reduce damage she deals during that turn by 50%.

Max HP: 50
Initiative: +12

Strength: 
Dexterity: 12 
Intelligence: 12  
Constitution: 
Synergy: 

Actions:

Deduction "Shocking Insight" (Active, Level 1):  A complex danmaku pattern, compartmentalizing the field with dazzling blasts and chains of connected bursts that leave her opponent unable too dazed to react, emulating the work of a racing, brilliant mind.
-Select a target, dealing [Dex] damage.  The target is stunned for one round.  2 turn cooldown.  
--INSIGHT: Select up to two additional targets.  By spending 2 Insight per target, deal the damage and stun to each while increasing the cooldown by the number of additional targets selected (Level 2: -1 cooldown when selecting multiple targets).  
--Base: Select a target, dealing Int damage.  The target is stunned for one round.  2 turn cooldown.  Base cooldown cannot be reduced below 2.
--Level 2: The first additional target selected using Insight no longer increases cooldown.  Further targets increase cooldown as normal.

Last Word Spell Card -- "Case Closing Declaration" (Active, Level 2):  Exploiting every weakness whether produced or revealed, the tengu constructs a prison of danmaku from which there is almost no escape, closing and quartering the enemy within.

-Select 1 target, spending any even number of Insight points.  Deal the average of X([Weapon damage]+2*LVL) damage to the target, where X is (Insight Used/2) + 2.  Masako cannot use full actions the turn after using this action.  5 turn cooldown.
--Base:  Select 1 target, spending any even number of Insight points.  Deal X([Weapon damage]+LVL) damage to the target, where X is (Insight Used/2) + 2.  Masako cannot use full actions the turn after using this action.  5 turn cooldown.
--Level 2:  Add an additional LVL damage to the calculation.

Pattern Prediction (Passive, Level 3):  
-At the start of each of her turns, Masako gains temporary hitpoints equal to her INT.
--INSIGHT:  Masako can spend insight to add additional temporary hit points to those gained at the start of her turn.  For each point of insight spent in this way, Masako gains [LVL] additional thp.
--Base: At the start of every other turn, Masako gains temporary hitpoints equal to her INT.
--Level 2: Masako gains temporary hitpoints at the start of each of her turns.
--Level 3: If an attack is directed at Masako while Masako has thp, treat Masako as dodging the attack for all purposes, though her hitpoints are still reduced as normal.

Swift Scan (Active, Level 4): No defense is perfect.  No puzzle can't be solved.  Analyzing the target allows the tengu to identify weaknesses in the enemy's defense, and direct their allies to strike at the necessary points.
-As a free action, select one target, and select one category.  Categories include weaknesses, resistances (including DR), perks, actions, or attributes.  Masako gains detailed information on the selected category, limited to the realm of what might be possible for an immensely talented detective to infer from observation.  Additional information or details not directly related to the chosen category--such as biographical and behavioral details, unusual or otherwise--that the tengu may have noticed may be provided at the GM's discretion.  If a target selected by this action is untargetable, it becomes targetable.
--INSIGHT: The tengu may pay 15 Insight to expand this action to a Full Scan, providing information on all remaining unscanned categories (equivalent, roughly, to a full character sheet), halving all the target's resistances (including DR) and making all attacks directed at the target count as undodgeable for the remainder of the battle.  The Insight cost of this action is reduced by 3, to a minimum of 0, for every category previously observed using swift scan.  When using full scan on generic enemies, effects apply to all generic enemies of the same kind. Level 4:  A target selected by full scan is always targetable by this and other actions.  Can only be used once per unique enemy kind per battle.
--Base: As a free action, select one target, and select one category.  Categories include weaknesses, resistances (including DR), perks, actions, or attributes.  Masako gains detailed information on the selected category, limited to the realm of what might be possible for an immensely talented detective to infer from observation.  Hence, selecting the action category may provide a list of possible actions, but what those actions actually DO beyond a very general sense would require further observation, such as that gained by the target using/having used that action.  Additional unrelated information may be provided at the GM’s discretion.  2 round cooldown.
--Level 2: Reduce cooldown by 1.
--Level 3: Remove Cooldown.  This action may only be used once per round. 
--Level 4:  This action may select targets that are otherwise untargetable.  If used to do so, those targets become targetable.  This effect is always active if full scan has been used on the target. 

Wind Sign "Fierce Gale" (Active, Level 5):  Masako’s Insight permits her to strike past the enemy defenses with a flurry of spears, falling upon the enemy like rain driven by hurricane winds.
-Make one weapon attack against a target of your choice.  Make one additional weapon attack against a target of your choice if there are 3 or more points of insight in your pool, and again if there are 9 or more points of insight in your pool.  2 turn cooldown.  Cannot be used more than once per turn.
--Base:  Make one weapon attack against a target of your choice.  For every 6 points of Insight currently in the your Insight Pool, make one additional weapon attack against a target of your choice.  5 turn cooldown.  Cannot be used more than once per turn.
--Level 2: Reduce cooldown by 1 turn.
--Level 3: Reduce cooldown by 1 turn.
--Level 4: Reduce cooldown by 1 turn.
--Level 5:  Additional attacks are now provided at 3 and 9 points of insight, instead of 6 and 12.

Summarize Observation (Active, Level 3):  Masako takes time to observe the way a target moves and reacts, generating a full profile and schema for the battle to ensue.
-Masako selects one target.  For one round, whenever that target takes an action, Masako gains 3 Insight.  Dodge the first action the target directs as Masako while Summarize Observation is in effect.
--INSIGHT:  Masako may choose to forgo Insight gained from this action.  If she does so, for every 2 Insight she would have gained, she treats herself as possessing an additional category of unclassified bestiary information for the purpose of determining the effects of Perfect Profile during the following round. Any Insight gained over the normal limits of her pool is always converted in this manner.
--Base: Masako selects one target.  For one round, whenever that target takes an action, Masako gains 2 Insight.
--Level 2: Increase Insight gained per action by 1.

--Level 3:  While Summarize Observation is active, this character dodges the first action directed at them by the target of Summarize Observation, negating the effects of that action.

Equipment: 

Tengu Yari (Equipment, 6 Tokens): 
-4d8+Dex damage.
--Base: Deals 1d4+Dex damage.
--Level 2: increase damage by 1d4.
--Level 3: increase damage by 1d4.
--Level 4: increase damage by 1d4.
--Level 5: increase size of damage dice from d4 to d6.
--Level 6: increase size of damage dice from d6 to d8.

Heavenly Kiseru (Equipment, 1 Tokens):  An old, japanese style pipe.  The tengu claims it helps her think through difficult cases.  Whether smoking helps her clear her mind or not, a huge smokescreen is more than capable of helping one get away from a particularly dangerous burst of danmaku.
-If the tengu would be reduced to 0 hp after all other effects, the Heavenly Kiseru activates.  Negate the action which triggered this effect.  Once per encounter.

*The bestiary is a collection of information masako has collected on each enemy she has faced, with each entry consisting of five categories as specified under swift scan.  Each category specifies important details for fighting an enemy and deducing its course of action.  A full bestiary entry for a given target is one consisting of all five categories, and is essentially a character sheet, minus details which could not conceivably be deduced by a classic archetypal master detective.  The unclassified categories from miscellaneous observation do not provide additional information and do not count towards a full entry, though they stack with normal categories for calculating effects and bonuses dependent on the number of categories scanned.  Individual bestiary entries are maintained between combats.  This bestiary is distinct from the communal trespassers bestiary, though enemies Masako scans can be uploaded to the communal one.

Spoiler

Casefile/Bestiary for Battle

Reimu: Perks

Walmond uses Healing Field on himself, Lambda, Hikari, Rory, and IP, healing them all for 2d4+14 HP. Lambda, on the other hand, uses Emergency Repair to heal herself for another 3d6+4 HP. Lambda's Metallic Core perk causes her to only take half healing from magic sources, but full healing from repairs.

Walmond Loadout

Spoiler

Stats:
Constitution: 4
Dexterity: 6
Intelligence: 9
Strength: 0
Synergy: 3

Perks

Study of the Healing Arts
Walmond has learned to enhance the capabilities of healing magic so that it can affect multiple people at one, earning him access to the action “Healing Field”

Actions (6/6)

Bolt: Walmond attacks with a burst of electric magic. Deals 1d6+INT damage.
- Level 1: Deals 1d6+INT damage to an opponent

Basic block: Walmond create a short lived magical barrier in front of him, reducing damage by 50%
- Level 1: Reduces damage taken by 50%

(Perk Backed) Healing Field: Walmond has learned how to heal multiple people at the same time, and gladly uses it to his advantage. Walmond can heal up to 5 allies for 2d4+INT hp.
- Level 1: Walmond chooses two allies. Those two allies are healed by 1d4+INT.
- Level 2: Walmond can now pick three allies to heal.
- Level 3: Healing dice increases from 1d4  to 2d4.
- Level 4: Walmond can now pick four allies to heal.
- Level 5: Walmond can now pick 5 allies to heal. 

Tazer: A targeted bolt of electricity aimed more to stop an enemy instead of killing. Deals 1d4+[Int] damage, and forces a Con check against Walmond’s int. If Walmond wins, the target is paralyzed for three turns, and has a 50% chance to lose their turn at the start of each turn.
Level 1:  Deals 1d4+[Int/2] damage, and forces a Con check on the target against Walmond’s Int. If Walmond wins the check, the target is Paralyzed for 1 turn, and has a 50% chance to lose their turn.
Level 2: Paralyzed duration increased to two turns.
Level 3: Paralyzed duration increased to three turns.

Level 4: Damage increased by [Int/2]

(Passive) Command Return: In a pinch, Walmond can resummon Lambda back to him, allowing to easily keep doing her job of defending him. Each turn, the first attack against Walmond is automatically redirected to Lambda.
Level 1: Every four turns, the first attack of the turn against Walmond is automatically moved to target Lambda instead.
Level 2: Cooldown reduced to every three turns.
Level 3: Cooldown reduced to every two turns.

Level 4: Each turn, the first attack against Walmond will be moved to target Lambda instead. This passive cannot gain any more levels to increase its frequency.

(Equipment) Walmond’s Cloak: The cloak worn by Walmond at all times, imbued with magical energy left from his spells. While equipped, all healing spells used by the wearer gain a +5 boost to its healing.
- Level 1: All healing spells gain a +1 boost to their healing.
- Level 2: Boost increased by +1
- Level 3: Boost increased by another +1
- Level 4: Boost increased by another +1
- Level 5: Boost increased by another +1

Lambda Loadout

Spoiler

Stats: 
Constitution: 9
Dexterity: 0
Intelligence: 
Strength: 9
Synergy: 4

Perks

Iron Wall: As part of her “programming”, Lambda is rather adept at keeping a threat distracted and occupied for her charges. Grants Lambda the action “Defense Procedures”.

Metallic Core
Lambda herself is almost completely machine, with the rest of her being magic. As such, she gains immunity to status effects and debuffs that would not effect machines, such as poison. However, due to the fact that she is held together by magic, healing spells do have an effect on her, though at half the normal power. Repair healing, on the other hand, heals her normally.

Actions (6/6)

Arm Blades: Lambda’s large blades that extends from her arms. Deals 1d4+Strength damage
- Level 1: Deals 1d4+Strength damage

Threaten the enemy: Lambda moves in front of her allies, practically daring the enemy to attack her. When used, Lambda can taunt up to three opponents to attack her.
- Level 1: Lambda forces a single enemy to attack her until her next turn. The target must be chosen ahead of time.
- Level 2: Lambda can now taunt 2 opponents
- Level 3: Lambda can now taunt 3 opponents

(Perked Back) Defense Procedure: A more risky approach to Lambda’s normal protocols, getting right in the face of an opponent to practically force them to attack her. When used, Lambda taunts one enemy for two turns, and applies a 25% damage reduction to their damage towards her. Two turn cooldown.
- Level 1: Lambda taunts one enemy for two turns, and applies a 15% damage reduction to their damage towards her, which stacks with Defensive Modifications. Two turn cooldown.
- Level 2: Damage reduction increased by 10%.

Defensive Modifications: Lambda takes a second to switch her blades for shields. For two turns, Lambda cannot attack, but gains a 35% damage reduction.
- Level 1: Lambda is unable to attack for 2 turns. In exchange, she gains a 25% damage reduction for that period of time. However, she can only use non-damaging actions during this time.
- Level 2: Damage reduction is increased by 5%.

- Level 3: Damage reduction is increased by 5%.

Emergency Repair: Lambda stops fighting for a few moments to initiate self repairs. Heals Lambda for 3d6+SYN health, and ignores the reduction from her perk.
- Level 1: Lambda heals herself, without the normal reduction from her perk, by 1d6+SYN.

- Level 2: Heal increased by 1d6.
- Level 3: Heal increased by 1d6.

Electrical Charge: Lambda charges her blades to deal additional electrical damage. The charge actually causes Lambda’s eyes to glow much brighter than they normally do, along with her blades beginning to charge up with electricity. When used, Lambda gains a SYN+1d4 boost to her next damaging action, and can be stacked up twice. 
- Level 1: Until her next damaging action, Lambda’s blades gain a SYN bonus points of electrical damage.
- Level 2: Damage granted by this action now increases to SYN+1d4 bonus points of damage.
- Level 3: Damage granted by this action now stack, up to two times. The damage is still lost when she attacks, however.

"We are not going to get anywhere if we don't coordinate at least a little here! I'll want Yuyuko to off one of those Beasts, but it's not looking practical with how unfocused we've been about fighting here, so I suppose we ought to wait. You still shouldn't be focusing on the leftmost beast, Beast A, because we want Yuyuko to take care of it, but do fire at the other two!" LOTUS let out a sigh, annoyed, as the problem that had plagued them last time was starting to rear its head again -- too few of them could really deal out injury, and it was piecemeal. Dealing with these Shadow Beasts would be potentially difficult, but he was just going to have to trust in them. Masako was helpful here as usual in combat, at least.

Isobel, meanwhile, ran up to Rory, and after very very visibly being tempted to just absolutely slap the living shit out of the faunus, she reeled in her hand a bit and just dealt the hunter a bit more of a relatively gentle wake-up slap, rather than give in to her frustration in a sadistic way. (It was still a little bit cathartic). "Come on, can't have any of you nodding off forever! Wake up, get fighting, stay alive!"

Isobel uses Help Intent on Rory, removing the Gentle Repose condition!

LOTUS uses Pathing Advice on Walmond, fixing her initiative to right behind LOTUS' for this turn and the next 2 turns (I initially misremembered its upgraded duration oops)!

Tactical Uplink (Partial) is up next turn!

Spoiler

Tactical Uplink (Partial): LOTUS has reconnected to the Tactical Uplink. It’s not a very good connection, as in flicks in briefly and then flickers out for several seconds, but it IS a connection nonetheless. LOTUS is finally back in touch with his “kin” and they at happy to help him out with calculations. When they can, anyway. Every three turns, a [LOTUS] move may be used as if it had an additional effective level, which is listed with each [LOTUS] move, and which is a fixed upgrade to the move created when the move is created.

HP: 60
Init: 1d20+10+10

Stats:
Constitution: 6
Intelligence: 12
Synergy: 0

Isobel Loadout:

Help Intent (Level 2)[Isobel]: The Exodus is a real frantic place, and helping your fellow spaceman out becomes a natural action. Isobel has helped people out of sticky situations in the past, and she’s more than willing to help someone get on their feet now. Isobel removes an ailment from an ally.

Level 2: Isobel removes all ailments from an ally.

Dexterity [Isobel][Passive](Level 4): Isobel may not actually be a trained fighter but gunfights are not uncommon where she works and she's been shot at once or twice. Isobel has a 15% chance to dodge incoming attacks.

Level 2: Upgraded from 5% to 10%

Level 3: Upgraded from 10% to 15%

Level 4: Upgraded from 15% to 20%.

Healing Poppy [Isobel](Level 4): Isobel, a very good botanist, has bred a species of poppy that takes the tiny dose of the heal-all tricordrazine within poppies in the 26th century and significantly increases it. This dose is fast acting upon consumption, too. Isobel heals someone for 3d4+INT damage.

Level 2: Upgrade from 1d4+INT to 2d4+INT damage healed.
Level 3: Upgrade from 2d4+INT to 3d4+INT

Level 4: Upgrade from 3d4+INT to 4d4+INT

Starburst Poppies (x3): Curious multicolored poppies grown in a farm full of various magical plants. Restores 1d4+12 HP to one target; additionally roll 1d4 and they gain 3 DR for two rounds against one type chosen from the following; 1 Fire, 2 Ice, 3 Electric, 4 Physical(blunt, slash, & pierce).

Plant-B-Gone: A spray bottle full of a futuristic substance which deals grievous toxicity to what it is sprayed on... as long as that thing is a plant. Isobel forgot she had this, but it’s no wonder given its rather specific area of usefulness. Deals a poisoning ailment that does [INT] damage for 3 turns... to plants, and to plants only.

Botanist’s Apron [Level 2]: A tough blue apron made of synthetic fibers, it isn’t actually thick enough to protect Isobel from blows or projectiles, but it does work to protect Isobel somewhat from toxic hazards and corrosive hazards, very useful to any experimenting botanist. The apron provides 20% reduction  to the damage of poison-type attacks. It also lowers the duration of poisoning by a round.

Level 2: Adds the poisoning duration shortening effect.

Golden Chaingun [Level 2]: A strange wrist bangle made by Mar, this compact device of golden stone shoot out a chain made of solar magic that is tipped with a very sharp carbon steel hook which can easily stab into and catch in things. It’s made as a mobility booster rather than as a weapon, however. Can be used for one of two active abilities: performing an ersatz Basic Defense that provides Isobel and LOTUS with an additional 50% dodge chance in return for any other actions this turn, or for making an action first strike. 2 turn cooldown, either way.

Level 2: Adds the first strike option.

LOTUS Loadout:

Pathing Advice [LOTUS](Level 3): LOTUS calculates various possible routes of travel and estimated timelines of action for the target, and then announces to them which of these is the most efficient course of action to move quickly. LOTUS fixes the initiative of the target directly behind his and Isobel’s initiative, for this turn and the next 2 turns. The target can also end this effect early. 

Level 2: Upgrade from a duration of “this turn” to a duration of “this turn and the next”.

Level 3: Upgrade from a duration of "this turn and the next" to a duration of "this turn and the next 2 turns".

(TU Level: Upgrades to a duration of this turn and the next 3 turns when Tactical Uplink (Partial) is active.)

Efficiency Analysis [LOTUS](Level 2): LOTUS observes the action just made, and then calculates a more optimal way to release energy or regain stamina or such, at least for the current situation. He then, of course, shouts out that more optimal method. LOTUS removes two turns of cooldown from another character's turn. This move has 1 turn of cooldown itself.

Level 2: Upgrade from 1 turn of cooldown removed to 2 turns of cooldown removed.

(TU Level: Removes 3 turns of cooldown when Tactical Uplink: Partial is active)

Weakness Pinpoint [LOTUS](Level 4): LOTUS observes an enemy and using his built-in medical and security HUDs he finds a weakness within their defenses that may not be immediately apparent by purely visual inspection, and then proceeds to loudly broadcast them to the battle, revealing them for others’ usage. LOTUS creates a debuff on a target that grants a 10% *2 crit chance on attacks made against it for a turn.
Level 2: Upgrade from 5% chance to 10% chance.

Level 3: Upgrade from 10% chance to 15% chance.

Level 4: Upgrade from 15% chance to 20% chance.

(TU Level: Lasts for 2 turns instead of one when Tactical Uplink: Partial is active.)

Rakukaja on UB-65

Spoiler

Init: +8 (10 dex -2 weight)

Stats:

Intelligence: 0

Strength: 4

Synergy: 13 (11 +2 Ring)

Perks/Flaws:

Autosupport:

Auto-support: On the first turn of battle, Hikari can choose a support ability she has; it is applied to the amount of targets the spell would have +2, and one has to be herself. Buffs applied this way do not apply Session.

Session:

When Hikari uses a single-target ally affecting move during her turn, it also applies the “Session” buff of indefinite duration. Hikari has an action called “Session Trigger”, which when activated, causes all allies affected by the buff and herself to attack once with their equipped weapon or a zero cooldown attack. The buff cannot stack, and can only be applied once during Hikari’s turn.

Healing Powers (provisional name):

When Hikari supports her allies, it’s more effective than your average buff or heal. Add half SYN healing to all support actions.

High Speed (Provisional name)

Hikari has a pool of ‘half actions”, weaker than normal actions but two can be used per turn. These are weakened versions of existing actions. If Hikari uses an ability as a half action, the result is reduced to one half of what it would normally be.

Thunder Weakness: Electricity just doesn’t agree with Hikari. Ivory explains to her that it’s probably a result of how some species of wyvern - the beast she most often rides - can’t handle electrical shocks well. Double damage from electricity.

Actions (5 slots + perks):

Session Trigger (Perk, Active) - Triggers all Session buffs on allies, making them launch a single attack with their equipped weapon, or a zero cooldown attack, at the target

Tarukaja (Active, Lv.2):

Grants 6+Half SYN boost to damage to target for two turns

Base: 3+Half SYN boost

Level 2: 6+Half SYN Boost

Rakukaja (Active, Lv.2):

Grants half SYN DR to target for two turns

Base: Half SYN DR

Level 2: 1+Half SYN DR

Dia (Active, Lv.3): A basic heal that heals one target for 2d4+SYN Health.

Base: 1d4+SYN Health

Level 2: 2d4+SYN Health

Level 3: 3d4+SYN Health

Amrita (Active, Lv.1): Cures status ailments on one ally.

Base: Cures status ailments for one ally.

Media (Active, Lv.2): Heals four allies by SYN. Two turn cooldown.

Base: Heals three allies by SYN. Two turn cooldown.

Level 2: Heal four allies by SYN. Two turn cooldown

Pierce (Active, Lv.1): Attacks with equipped weapon, and reduces enemy DR by 3. Two turn cooldown.

Magical enhancement (Passive, Lv.1): Channeling Hikari’s magical power, her attacks add one fourth SYN to their damage (assuming they’re not a SYN weapon).

Equipped Things:

Pulse Rifle

2d4+DEX damage, and can double the dice as a free action with six turn cooldown.

Raptora Armor:

Reduces init by 6 - STR.

Jump Jets: As a free action, dodge the attack that would deal you the most damage this turn. 5 turn cooldown.

Ultimate Charge 0/10:  Whenever you damage an enemy, you gain 1 ultimate charge, to a maximum of 10.  You cannot gain more than 1 charge per action performed. Ultimate charge is retained until spent, but cannot be transferred from 1 person to another.

Barrage:  As a free action, you may activate this ability by spending 10 ultimate charges.  Until your next turn, your equipped weapon is replaced by Rocket Barrage, a weightless weapon that deals Leveld6 damage to three enemies, evenly divided between them.

Synergistic Ring (2 Tokens)

A ring that glows with power. Adds 2 SYN.

Base: 1 SYN

Craft 1: 2 SYN

Symbol of Lumabella 

A holy item in the shape of a stylized bow in a beam of sunlight. Can be activated as a free action once per battle to cause the user's ally-targeting actions to remove a single debuff from allies for the round. If said action already removes debuffs, it will instead heal them by user SYN/2.

Inventory:

Ivory’s Spear (Trick, 2 tokens):

Nothing fancy here - a spear of iron made to be used from wyvern back, with some precision. 2d4+DEX damage.

Base: 1d4+DEX damage

Craft Lvl1: 2d4+DEX damage.

Ivory’s Armor (Trick, 3 tokens)

Green armor fit for a rider of wyverns. Reduces damage from slashing and piercing weapons by two in exchange for 4-STR reduction in initiative.

-Base: 1 damage reduction, 5 weight.

-Craft Level: Improved fittings reduce effective weight by 1.

-Craft Level: Better tempering increases damage reduction by 1.

Rory stands off against Reimu, glaring back at her as he stands ready to attack until... "Think fast!"

He drops the tip of his lance down and uses his Wyrmstake Launcher on Reimu

Spoiler

HP: 77 HP
Init: 11

Stats: 0 points
Constitution: 12
Dexterity: 6
Intelligence: 5
Strength: 6
Synergy: 1

Perks: 
Aura: After getting hit Rory heals for 10% of the damage taken, rounded up.

Harden:  Getting hit activates Rory’s semblance. For every 25% of his max HP he loses, Rory gains lvl/2 DR.

Huntsman Basics:  Rory takes no fall damage. Additionally, he can carve materials from enemies which grant effects related to the enemy.

Flaw: Repositioning:  Every consecutive turn spent attacking lowers Rory’s Initiative by 3. He can't hit enemies that have 15 more Initiative than him.

Actions:

Wyrmstake Launcher: A modification added to gunlances that allows for the launching of a Wyrmstake, obviously. Deals 1d6+STR damage to the target applies a burn that deals 1d6 damage for 3 turns, and deals 1d6+Dex Damage after the burn wears off.
     Lvl 1: Applies a Burn that deals 1d6 damage for 3 turns and deals an additional 1d6+Dex damage after the burn wears off.
     Lvl 2 Boop: Deals 1d6 damage to the target as well.

LVL 3: Increased initial damage by +STR
Caffeine:  Rory spends the turn getting back into position, increasing his Initiative by his 1.5*Dex.
    Level 1: Increases Initiative by Rory’s Dex

Level 2: Further increases Initiative by 1.5X Dex

Armed and Ready!:  Rory Taunts an enemy, forcing them to attack him for 6 rounds. Only works on one enemy at a time.
    Level 1: Taunt a single enemy for a round, only works on one enemy.
Level 2-5: +1 round of taunt. Total of six rounds of taunt.

I Burn: Every two attacks in a row Rory Unloads the gun in his Lance dealing +3d6 damage against his target.
    Lvl1: When Rory attacks 2 times in a row his Second attack deals an additional 2d6 damage.
    Lvl2: Unloading deals an additional 1d6

I May Fall: Rory bolsters himself, Giving himself +20 Temporary HP in return for losing 1 DR for two Rounds.  (This can make his DR negative causing him to take more damage from each attack.)
    LvL1: Rory loses 2 DR and gains 10 temp HP for two rounds.
    Level 2: BUT NOT LIKE THIS!: +5 Temp HP.
    Level 3 IT WON’T BE BY YOUR HANDS: +5 Temp HP

Level 4: DR lose reduced to -1

Bad Luck Charm: Desperate times call for desperate measures. Which of course means Rory takes a moment to hurt himself and bolster his resolve. Rory takes Con Damage and after 3 turns regains 2x the damage taken.

Level 1: Rory takes Con Damage and after 3 turns regains 1.5x the damage taken.

Level 2: Heal is increased to 2x the damage taken.

Defend: Rory Blocks, taking 50% of the damage dealt to him.

Equipment:
Lúin of Celtchar: An Iron Gunlance, looking like someone made a big Revolver, put it on a stick, and then strapped an equally large Bayonet to it. 4d4+STR damage.
    Level 1: 1d4+STR
    Level 2: +1d4 damage
    Level 3: +1d4 damage
    Level 4: +1d4 Damage

Shield:  “A sturdy Iron Shield, typically not something worn by hunters due to the huge amount of Strength their enemies bring to bear. However most Hunters aren’t Fucking Invincible.” -Rory +3 DR while Guarding and can’t be affected by movement based effects.
    Level 1: +1 DR while Guarding.
    Level 2: While Guarding Rory can’t be affected by movement based effects.
    Level 3: +1 DR while Guarding
    Level 4: +1 DR while Guarding.

Kulu Armor: A set of armor with a “Desert Nomad” theme, consisting of mainly light browns and reds. The face is mainly covered by a red Head Scarf with the rest of the body being covered except for the biceps. +1 DR against Fire attacks, Friendly Effects are 10% more potent, and checks for moving while carrying things are reduced by 2.
    Level 1: +1 DR against Fire attacks.
    Level 2: Friendly effects are 10% more potent
    Level 3: Checks for moving while carrying things are reduced by 2

IP injects Lambda with a shady drug. Nobody really understands how this works, but it restores [14] HP and increases her damage resistance by 15%.

Isobel resists the urge to slap the shit out of Rory, and instead only slaps him a little, clearing his Gentle Repose. Lotus, meanwhile, guides Walmond through a shortcut in the rhododendrons, letting her and Lambda move immediately after them!

Youmu, following Walmond's cues, unleashes a powerful slash on Shadow Beast B for [80] damage! The beast falls over dead in a single strike. Walmond and Lambda both take the opportunity to patch up. The Healing Field restores [19] HP to himself, Rory,

IP, and Hikari, alongside [9] to Lambda, while Lambda's own routines restore her back to full health.

Reimu's needles arrive at their targets! Empi takes [21] damage, while Lambda takes [14] damage in Walmond's stead. She follows up with another flurry of ofuda, targeting Isobel, Masako, and Rory. The magic batters them for 15 damage apiece. Rory regains 1 HP. The remaining talismans lock onto nearby targets, hitting Rory, UB-65, Masako, and Empi twice for 6 damage. The protective spell on Empi, however, prevents her from taking damage before fizzling. Reimu activates a Condition Card as well: if an enemy uses an area of effect move, activate Nightmare Sign: Dream-Sealing Circle!

Empi manages to snap herself out of her own haze, and leaves an enchantment that will hopefully prevent the next one from sticking.

Reimu channels that energy again, afflicting Rory once more as well as Walmond. 

Rory's response is to stab at Reimu with a flaming stake, dealing [11] damage and inflicting a 3 turn burn for [6] additional damage each tick.

Masako gives Rory some martial advice while continuing to observe Reimu's patterns. She remembers that Coercion Needle is a high damage, delayed-action multitarget attack, her Hunting Amulets hit three enemies for undodgeable damage, and that the Saigyou Ayakashi Brand can target two people at once, afflicting them with the tree's spell. Her spell cards are changed enough that she can't get a good read on them yet, but they both seem to be area-of-effect damaging and debuffing attacks. She also unleashes her own signature burst of danmaku on the shadow beasts, stunning and battering them for 24 damage.

UB-65 fuses her torpedo, and has Richter prepare the path for it.

Hikari channels some energy into the rosebushes, giving UB-65 some extra oomph. 

More deathly calm emanates from Reimu as she glares back at Masako, with the energy settling around her and [1] Empi. "Very funny. I'm not going to get any peace and quiet until I exterminate the youkai I keep letting off the hook. I've had enough of having my shrine destroyed and the tengu rumor-mongering about me."

The shadow beasts are stunned. 

IP gives her own flavor of advice to Masako, increasing her damage output by 20% for 3 turns!
Initiative:

Masako: 12

Status

Reimu: Lightly Wounded, Taunted (Rory, 5 turns remain), Observed (1 turn), Wyvernstake (2 turns remain)
Shadow Beast A : Wounded
Shadow Beast B : Dead as fuck
Shadow Beast C : Wounded, Spectral Attack

Isobel: 60/60, Healthy
Empi: 28/55, Healthy
Rory: 80/90, Serene Repose, Teachings of the Tengu, +2 DR
Masako: 46/55, Serene Repose, 12/12 Pattern Prediction, +12 damage (2 turns remain), +20% damage dealt (3 turns remain)
Walmond: 42/42, Serene Repose
Lambda: 43/57, Healthy, 35% damage reduction (1 turns remain), 15% damage reduction (3 turns remain)
IP: 65/65, Healthy, Emergency Response
UB-65: 43/55, Healthy, Crush Depth, +12 damage (2 turns remain)
Hikari: 55/55, Healthy, +7 damage reduction (1 turns remain)