[IC] TotMV:G^2: Touhou: Twilight of Paradise Butterfly

Chevaleresse

Isobel stood there still and silent for a long, long time. Eventually, though, she spoke... still seeming rather shellshocked. "So." She let out a disbelieving little laugh. "I guess I'm in Hell, then." She let that statement lie there for a few moments. "Yeah. I, umm-- I-- I am technically Catholic. So. Uh... I'm not... I'm not really sure how I'm supposed to react to this, just..." She waved her hands vaguely at their surroundings, before a thought occurred to her and she laughed -- a little strainedly, but still mostly genuinely. "I guess the gays really do go to hell, huh, heh heh heh. I know some people I should... never mention this whole escapade to, I suppose." She sighed, and shrugged. "I'm gonna be honest, this place kind of freaks me out, even if I guess it's really not the Christian Hell or whatever, so I think I'm not really gonna want to stick around for too long."

"I would really prefer you didn't, I was going to scan the atmosphere and then perhaps aid with the creation of a base loca--" LOTUS paused, a very small port on his chassis opening and then closing. "Right, I suppose that I don't actually have to stay with you, do I? I believe that you are free to go." LOTUS popped between forms, the tablet changing once again to a very small winged woman with short white hair and green circuit marks around her face and body. Slowly, she fluttered out of Isobel's pocket, her flight still quite unsteadily. "Still barely have the hang of these blasted wings..." Still, LOTUS managed to make contact with the ground in a non-disastrous way, cupping her hands over her mouth to speak loudly. "Alright, here are the results of my scan. The atmosphere down here is largely normal, but I would make note of two things: there are quite small trace concentrations of sulfur (quite fitting for Hell), and even smaller trace concentrations of radon, of all things. Neither of these are so far out of the ordinary as to likely be dangerous --the radon in particular is in the low double digits of picoCuries per liter, making it not much more dangerous than many normal residential indoor conditions-- but I suppose that I would recommend some caution if you decide to make your residence down here for years, for some reason."

Isobel let out a long sigh. "Oh boy... fire and brimstone, quite literally. Well... I suppose that I'm going to take that as my cue to leave. Take care down here!" Isobel made her way out of the portal that Yukari had made to the Hakurei shrine.

Rory

The hunter notes that there are a few routes to take. There's the gap that heads out to the Hakurei Shrine and, therefore, right to the surface. There might be a smithy in the human village, or some leads on where to find one. Alternatively, both the town and the palace are about equidistant. There's a geyser of some kind beyond the palace, and it seems like there's more fire and heat that way. The town is surprisingly large for a place like this, though from here it's hard to tell how much is actually occupied. He could also look for a route straight to the surface, though he feels this may be more than slightly hazardous.

IP

The instructor finds a few random things. A discarded portable gaming system sits forlornly in one car, and the occasional magazine or newspaper drifts among the cars. One storage unit seems to hold a set of camping supplies, though it is unknown where one would purchase a full set of things that are so eye-searingly pink. Mostly, though, it seems the main utility of the train is the fact that it's air-conditioned. IP did find something out of place; it looked like an old shop inventory? Evidently it belonged to a place called "Kourindou."

Masako & Isobel

The gap leads out to the shrine. Nobody seems to be home at the moment, or at least nobody is roaming about outside. The woods nearby seem calm, though there's not much beyond a simple well in the back where the gap leads. The occasional fairy flits between the trees, but they seem uninterested in bothering the group. . . for the moment, anyway.

"I've found a set of camping supplies that could be useful to us, in addition to what appears to be the inventory of an old shop! I'm sorting the items out now..."

IP tried to sort out the contents of the shop inventory to the best of its ability, regardless of whether it could even identify what they were...

Once it was done with that, it then tried to unpack the set of camping supplies to see exactly what it had to work with.

Rory looked at the portal for a few moments. After all, if humans were there they would need a blacksmith for tools and for protection... And then he started toward the palace, figuring it might have a blacksmith there or at the very least, he could bother some more rich people and find out more about the area.

IP

Try as she might, IP isn't able to make much headway on determining the contents of the list. For one, it's written in an archaic form of Japanese; it seems whatever force allows them to communicate freely verbally is rather less consistent when it comes to writing. Second, the handwriting is quite frankly atrocious. The author of the list doesn't seem to have written it with the intention of it being legible to anyone but themselves. Third, the items themselves have vague or confusing names. There's a "reflective disc" and "reflective disc device," as well as a "bubbling cone" and a "strange magical brick." Most of the list seems to be of that nature, though a few items are more recognizable, such as a "magical pocket furnace." 

Rory

[78]

Rory makes good progress towards the palace. It's some distance away, though, and the terrain isn't exactly inviting. It's not much of a challenge to a hunter like himself, but he does find himself wishing he had brought some cool drinks.

At around the halfway point, he spots some wispy creatures with indistinct forms that could have been human or animal. They haven't noticed him yet; he can either go straight through, or circle around.

Rory watches the creatures for a few minutes, trying to get an idea of if they would be hostile or not. If they seemed like they'd attack, he'd go around, if they seemed passive, he'd just walk through and maybe get a better idea of what they are, grabbing his scroll to get some pictures.

IP began taking out the camping supplies - which mostly consisted of tents, with some cookware and other goods - and setting them up where it decided they would best go. Since it possessed no modules related to base development of any kind, this was difficult, yet it tried to do the most it could on its own.

Dani & Joan

"What do you mean, another shinigami sent them over? Shinigami only send people to the underworld, and these two aren't dead." The pink haired, blue haired woman carrying a large, sharp scythe over one shoulder shrugged.

"He said he thought they could do some good here hunting evil spirits, or whatever." This prompted an exasperated sigh. 

"I've never even heard of a 'Death Weapon Meister. There's been an incident going on, are they even from this world?"

"I dunno." The scythe-wielder - a shinigami, apparently - started to shrug, before the one she was speaking to - a green-haired woman with a stern expression and an elaborate, crown-like hat - rapped her on the head with a carved wooden rod.

"Just take them back across the Sanzu. And don't bring me any more living humans! Do your job!"

The weapon-Meister pair wasn't entirely sure how they'd gotten here. Death had sent them off on some vaguely worded mission through a suspicious-looking doorway, and then this pink-haired woman claiming to be another shinigami had been waiting by a riverside for them. Or rather, she'd been napping, then pretended as if she'd known they were coming before taking them back to her boss.

Evidently there had been some kind of miscommunication.

The pink-haired woman led them back through Higan, which seemed to be an endless, rolling field of flowers. The River Sanzu slid silently past some distance away; the building they were leaving was an imposing-looking courthouse. "Oh, I never introduced myself, did I? If the big guy didn't let you know, I'm Onozuka Komachi." 

Rory

He can't really tell, but they don't seem to be friendly. The unsettling feeling he gets watching them move and twitch about gives him the feeling that these might be the evil spirits he heard about once or twice. He goes around, getting closer to the palace. He gets the distinct feeling he's being watched by something or someone, but can't remember seeing anyone on his way over.

Dani and Joan

The larger of the pair nodded. Honestly, he probably should have expected this would be... weird. Lord Death didn't tend to handle these missions himself, and the factors around their transportation being more on the esoteric side were more than big enough as factors for that. Still, this hadn't been much weirder than back home. It was enjoyable even to experience a new culture in this way. "Ah, right with our uh... interesting introduction there wasn't much time for that. I'm Daniel Chur- er sorry, Japanese order right? Church Daniel, but feel free to call me Dani. And my partner is Richelieu Joan, but I believe she'd insist on just calling her Joan." 

The more feminine of the two nods in affirmation. "Please do, I don't care for that name... And uh, sorry for getting you into trouble with your boss. Honestly this came up on relatively short notice, I'm glad we were already on our way to pick up a mission or else he might not have let us grab our equipment... He's a bit of an odd guy like that."

Rory

The hunter continued for a few feet more, hoping to lull whatever he was feeling into a sense of security, before suddenly grabbing his shield and whipping around in a defensive stance. He spent a few second scanning the area, including looking up, before calling out. "If you aren't here for a fight, you ought to come out before we have a misunderstanding!"

Dani & Joan

"Oh, don't worry about that. Eiki is always like this. You're lucky she didn't give you a lecture, though." She stretched one arm and yawned. "I'm probably going to get one later, but it was probably coming anyway, so what do you do?" Komachi didn't wait for an answer to the rhetorical question, continuing with an actual one. "So you guys aren't from around here, huh? As in, really not from around here. To be honest, I think the fact that your boss could just call me is a bad sign, but death - the concept, not the guy - has always been a little weird when it comes to the boundaries between worlds, so. . ."

Dani nods. Unconsciously, his hand drums across the mask on his belt as he considers the Komachi's statement, a little bit of his nerves coming out. "Yeah... Well here's a thought, has anything weird been happening lately? Lord Death may be uh... suitably capricious at times, but if he thinks something is important he's typically right. And I imagine us showing up would match up with something happening.... Or I'm being a massive narcissist. Either or."

Osada

Well, it'd been a long climb up to this mountain, and something funny had definitely happened on the way up; that map just sort of stopped matching the area near the top. Osada thought he may have seen some tall, spooky swordsman guy, but since then he hadn't even seen tracks. He crests a ridge, and discovers. . . a shrine? With a rather put-out looking individual that could have been a shrine maiden, albeit with a rather nontraditional variant on the outfit. She hasn't seen him yet, though; he came up from somewhere off the main path, which she's staring at with a bored expression. 

Dani & Joan

"There was some nonsense going on at Hakugyokurou. I was going to investigate, but I think whatever it was is over with." Komachi shrugged again. "But yeah, I'd maybe find the Hakurei miko or one of her friends." She held one hand in front of herself, counting off on it as she described them. "There's uhhh, red-white herself, black-white, the knifey one, the sword one, and the rainbow one that isn't really rainbowy. Oh, and the green and white one. I think that's most of the people responsible for dealing with this stuff? Usually not my purview, personally. Lots of dead folks to deal with." The riverside seemed to be getting closer, though not as quickly as it seemed it should have. "There's also the gap hag, but she's. . . well, you called your boss capricious, but she gives it another meaning. If you do see her, don't tell her I called her a gap hag."

Rory

"Okay~!" A girl's voice sounds from behind him. He glances towards the voice, then looks back just in time to see a pink blast of energy narrowly miss his head. Whoever it is did not, in fact, come out.

Initiative

Rory: First
???: Last

Status

Ą̷̢̢̨̡̛̛̣͙͈̜̰̩̪̗͖̥̩͔̘̜͚͇̬̖͈̬̣̳̜̥̗̫͎̮͚͉͎̻̦̩͌̉̐͐̾̑̍͊̇͒̾́̀̓̇͐͊͂̏̍͗̽̿͐̀̍̆̓̃͒̔́̃̌̅͒̎̆̑̔̂̚͘͜͝͝ŗ̷̨̡̛̛̛̯̟͓̗͍͚̟̥͍̭̪̺̘͉͈̗̳̺̗͔͈̼͓̩̠̜̱̳̼͇̤̞̺̠̓̈́̂̄̀̏́̏̎̽̿̔̍̔͒͌͐̍̍̓̊͗̄̾̓̇̌̀̾̾͊̽̃͆̆̂̕̚̚͘͘͘̚͝͝͠͝ͅě̷̫̹̭̖̞̹͖̅͂̽̇̏̍̅̀̆ ̴̧̨̢̛̳͉̪͔͙̮̞̟̮̮̪͈͎̱̭͔̖̣̻̯͍̯̫̂̃̑̊̄͒̕͜͠͠w̴̢̢̢̡̜̜̥͔̲͍͍̯̼̖͖̭̼͍̖̳̦̤͉̺̩̥̻̻͙̥̖̲͓̫̬̳̮͖̦͔̤̬͚̪̳͔͓͈͓͕͊̌̃͊̃̄̂̉̊͐̔̅̀̎̐̐́͐̒̅͘̕͘ë̶̹̞͙̭͖́̀̌̀̓̓̈̈́͗͐̆͌̚͠ ̴̧̛̛̩͈̦̥̖͕̯̭̱̩̦̦̤̣͕͖̣̗̱̺̞̹̤̜͔͉͋̒̈́͋͆͗́̀͑̃͆̔̆̀̋̀̋̔̓͌̓̒͂͐̿̃̔͋̾̏̏̐̎͆͊̓̀̒̽̈́̓̽̾͊̓͘̚͠͝͝͝͝ġ̵̡͕͔̱͕̞̼͙̣̗̼̰̫̲̺̥̩͎͚̍̒̈̂̑̋́̅̇̆̈̽͒̈́̇͆͊̆̂̅̐͒͗̓̊̿̉̚͘͜͝ͅő̴̧̢̨̲͇͎͖̠͎̤͕͕̤͇͇̹̬͕͙̫͚̯̹͎̝̤̹̜̝̤̆͒̔̂́̏͑͒͛̏̑̅̈́̄͒͌̈̕̚͜i̸̡̛̛̛̮̣̝̺̫̱̻̬̬̮͖͚̭͚̓͌̀̓̐̓̓͒̎̄̓̈́̔̏͋̾̔̐̄̉̋̆́̍͗͘̕͜͝͠͝͝͝n̷̡̧̛͍̺͕͇̹̙̮̪͉͎̱̯̫͔̘̜̫͖̬̙̼̺̭̻͖̮̬̫̘̦̽͊̀̃̅́̈́̉̈́̋̔̈́̈̒̕͝͠͠ͅg̶̡̨̡̡̹̭̺̩̻̫̺̙̫̗͚̼͓̼̻̫̼͈͕̯̭̰̱͉͖̗͈̮̝͉͚̥̫̈́̍͌̃̐͘ͅͅ ̴̢̡̧̛̛͔̞̘̙̗̜̦̳̯̜͍̺̻̰̲̬͖͕̰͈̤̱̙̝̣̱͍̫͉̗͓̣͎͎̩̠̥̫̿̄̆̂̎̿͊̆̋̈́̄͛̔̍̀͐̌͌͊̐͛̀͗̃̽̐̌̈̈́̾͑̿̽̂̚̚̚̕̚͠͝ͅţ̶̨̨̛̹̞̙͕̰͇͇̯̹̭̫̦͓̘̣̣̪͎͇̲͔͈͓̣̻̮͍̞͈͛͑͂̾̐̐́͗̾̈́̅̈́͐̾̈́̽̋̉̇̎́̇̔̌́̌̿̅̉͒̍́̌̈́̓̅́͐͑͒͐̅̈́̃̕̕͘̕͝ͅơ̴̡̢̧̡̡̡̳͉̤͈͓͉̺͚͈̠̮̝̺͇̰̹̗̣̭̤̱͍͖̝̮̞͇̱̪̺͕̮̪͉͙͉̺̺̓͐̃̿͌̇̀̍̉̀͆̄̐̆͆͘̕͠ͅ ̸̢̨͎͔̰̫̫͖̗͉̖̹̗̱̲̟̹̜̙̉͆̐̄̃̓̔̉͘͜͠͝͝h̷͚̩̲̰̫̊͊̀̎̈́̈͋͛̅́̊̍͗͋̔̿̑͂̿̃̀̈̋̋̂̅̐̀͘͘͜͠ą̶̧̧̨̨̨̳͎̮͍̪̖̼̭̙̘̰̤͕͖̯̱̥̜̦͍͍͎͚̮͓͖̻̳̙̳̪̘͉̙͓̳̺͍͉̄̇̔̈̓̆̓͆̂̍̅͗̓͋̐͌͒̐̈́̔̈̐̃̓̌̀̀̾͘͝͝ͅv̶̡̧̨̛̛͎̮̺̳̬͙̜̱̰̝̲̦͇̲͓̥̪͙̬͇͉̱̳͉̭͊̅̓͊̔̈́́̌̎̆͂̅̋͒͐̔̒̈̍̃͒͐̆͊͛͋̔̾̆͐̕̚͜͝͝ͅȩ̴̢̧̢̲͖̜̺͚̟̳̗̮͙͇̰̜̟͉̼̰̳̮͈̜̪̼̯̥̩̬̝̙̈́͊͋́͋̽͌̃͜ ̶̢̧̛̛̫̖̯̖̣̝͚̯̅͒̐͌͗̅̀͆̒̈́̀̇̈́͗̓̓̀͆͊̊̊̕͘̚̚͘͠ͅf̴̢̡̡̨̨̛̥̖̲͔͈̜̰̯̱̮̟̖͔̙̟͚̠͖̖͉̠͔̗̠̜̩͉̠͚͈̃̾̅͂͗̒̍̂̓̓͊̅̐̋̿̚̚͘͘̕͝͠͝ͅu̸̧̮͇͉͓̗̜̩͎̯͓̖̮̭̪̙̻̲͖͊́n̶̡͈̟̥̪͈͈̺̯̯̖͇̙̤͉͙̘͍̫͎̰̯̐̒͑̉̉̈̒̅̍̈͗̅̈́̋̽̆̅̉̑̇̅̅̋̂̋̑̉͊͒̾͒́̊̈́̇̍͌͂̆̾̕̕̚̚̚̕͝͝?̶̡̢̢̨̨̛̛͍͚̗̭̱̖̞̯͔͕̪̝̝̜̘̯̹̟̮͖̼̠̻͔͎̼̪̳̘̦͈̬̱̽̈́͊̊̂͒̈́͗̆͛̆̀͂̒̿͒͊͊́̔͗̐́̒̈́́̀̓̃̓͆̅̏͘͘̚̕͝͠͠͝

Dani and Joan

Dani nods, quietly listing off the colors of people to look for to himself before nodding, assured that he can remember.

Joan pulls out her phone and texts the list to Dani so they can remember. Finally she speaks again. "So, about where are we anyway? Didn't really have time for questions before we left and all."

Rory

Rory hid behind his shield for a moment, trying to process what the fuck just happened. Deciding it didn't matter, he grabbed his gunlance from his back and quickly turned to fire a wyrmstake where he heard the voice.

Spoiler

Level: 5

HP: 90 HP
Init: 11

Stats: 0 points
Constitution: 12
Dexterity: 6
Intelligence: 5
Strength: 6
Synergy: 1

Perks: 
Aura: After getting hit Rory heals for 10% of the damage taken, rounded up.

Harden:  Getting hit activates Rory’s semblance. For every 25% of his max HP he loses, Rory gains lvl/2 DR.

Huntsman Basics:  Rory takes no fall damage. Additionally, he can carve materials from enemies which grant effects related to the enemy.

Flaw: Repositioning:  Every consecutive turn spent attacking lowers Rory’s Initiative by 3. He can't hit enemies that have 15 more Initiative than him.

Actions:

Wyrmstake Launcher: A modification added to gunlances that allows for the launching of a Wyrmstake, obviously. Deals 1d6+STR damage to the target applies a burn that deals 1d6 damage for 3 turns, and deals 1d6+Dex Damage after the burn wears off.
     Lvl 1: Applies a Burn that deals 1d6 damage for 3 turns and deals an additional 1d6+Dex damage after the burn wears off.
     Lvl 2 Boop: Deals 1d6 damage to the target as well.

LVL 3: Increased initial damage by +STR
Caffeine:  Rory spends the turn getting back into position, increasing his Initiative by his 1.5*Dex.
    Level 1: Increases Initiative by Rory’s Dex

Level 2: Further increases Initiative by 1.5X Dex

Armed and Ready!:  Rory Taunts an enemy, forcing them to attack him for 6 rounds. Only works on one enemy at a time.
    Level 1: Taunt a single enemy for a round, only works on one enemy.
Level 2-5: +1 round of taunt. Total of six rounds of taunt.

I Burn: Every two attacks in a row Rory Unloads the gun in his Lance dealing +3d6 damage against his target.
    Lvl1: When Rory attacks 2 times in a row his Second attack deals an additional 2d6 damage.
    Lvl2: Unloading deals an additional 1d6

I May Fall: Rory bolsters himself, Giving himself +20 Temporary HP in return for losing 1 DR for two Rounds.  (This can make his DR negative causing him to take more damage from each attack.)
    LvL1: Rory loses 2 DR and gains 10 temp HP for two rounds.
    Level 2: BUT NOT LIKE THIS!: +5 Temp HP.
    Level 3 IT WON’T BE BY YOUR HANDS: +5 Temp HP

Level 4: DR lose reduced to -1

Bad Luck Charm: Desperate times call for desperate measures. Which of course means Rory takes a moment to hurt himself and bolster his resolve. Rory takes Con Damage and after 3 turns regains 2x the damage taken.

Level 1: Rory takes Con Damage and after 3 turns regains 1.5x the damage taken.

Level 2: Heal is increased to 2x the damage taken.

Defend: Rory Blocks, taking 50% of the damage dealt to him.

Equipment:
Lúin of Celtchar: An Iron Gunlance, looking like someone made a big Revolver, put it on a stick, and then strapped an equally large Bayonet to it. 4d4+STR damage.
    Level 1: 1d4+STR
    Level 2: +1d4 damage
    Level 3: +1d4 damage
    Level 4: +1d4 Damage

Shield:  “A sturdy Iron Shield, typically not something worn by hunters due to the huge amount of Strength their enemies bring to bear. However most Hunters aren’t Fucking Invincible.” -Rory +3 DR while Guarding and can’t be affected by movement based effects.
    Level 1: +1 DR while Guarding.
    Level 2: While Guarding Rory can’t be affected by movement based effects.
    Level 3: +1 DR while Guarding
    Level 4: +1 DR while Guarding.

Kulu Armor: A set of armor with a “Desert Nomad” theme, consisting of mainly light browns and reds. The face is mainly covered by a red Head Scarf with the rest of the body being covered except for the biceps. +1 DR against Fire attacks, Friendly Effects are 10% more potent, and checks for moving while carrying things are reduced by 2.
    Level 1: +1 DR against Fire attacks.
    Level 2: Friendly effects are 10% more potent
    Level 3: Checks for moving while carrying things are reduced by 2

Osada

"Ooo...Kay, map said nothing about a ridge here. Or a shrine. Pretty sure there was supposed to be snow here too..." Osada muttered to himself, rotating the map in his hands several ways as he tried to make sense of where he was. From experience he knew he was not too bad with directions. Granted, he wasn't a master at following them, but he could tell which way was North and when he made a wrong turn. Yet at this point he was completely lost, without a clue as to where his path went or where he was. Backtracking had just found him in completely new areas instead of the same places he walked through. He was also pretty sure he saw a large, armored swordsman, which would normally be enough to excite Osada's lust for combat... If not for the fact that he couldn't find any trace of them when he went to investigate. Not even tracks. At this point, Osada wouldn't be surprised if he was just going insane.

... Or perhaps he accidentally walked through a Bounded Field? That might explain the phenomena occurring right now.

Suppressing a sigh of annoyance, Osada folded up the map, returning it to the bag on his back as he made his way to the now visible path of the mountain, conveniently right to the side of what appeared to be a Shrine Maiden, albeit one with a strangely colored attire. Ah well, they seemed to be a resident of the place, so it wouldn't hurt to try and talk to them. Unless they were the mage supplying the Bounded Field and would try to kill him for being an intruder, then it might hurt.

"Hey there little lady, sorry to interrupt your staring contest, but I'm a bit hopelessly lost. I don't suppose you could tell me where I've found myself?" Osada called out, stopping just a few meters away from the girl, one hand resting on the sheathe of Kanshou while the other was raised as a greeting. No point in spooking the poor lady by his sudden appearance, he'd gotten enough of an earful from people when he did that.

Dani & Joan

"Oh, right. This is Gensokyo. Nice place. Dangerous. But I haven't run across a real messy corpse in a while." Komachi keeps strolling forward, but it seems like the riverside isn't actually getting closer. "Well, technically this isn't Gensokyo. This is Higan. You'll get a re-tour if you die here, heh." It isn't actually clear which part of that the shinigami thought was funny. "Over there is the Netherworld, and then past that is actual Gensokyo. The ghosts in the Netherworld probably won't bother you, but if you've got any snacks I'd keep them at the ready." 

Osada

"Eh?" The miko(?) looks confused for a moment, before turning to Osada. "Oh, a visitor! Hey!" She waves at the wandering swordsman. "You don't look like you're from around here. Are you from Outside? It's been a while since I've been out there, what's been going on?" She tilts her head slightly. "And, uh, how'd you get here? There's no path up the mountain from that way, unless you flew." Her tone suggests that this isn't as unlikely as it may sound.

Rory

The stake sails off behind the rock. He hears giggling, but nothing happens. . . ?

Initiative

Rory: First

???: Last

Status

Rory: 80/90 HP

???: T̸̡̧̢̢̨̡̧̨͎̪̫̹̝̤̳͔̱̘͎̤̫͈̮͚̱̬̟͔̖͉̟̰̣̗̺̳͇̰͉̻̳̻̩̩̙̲͇̭̩̿̇̑̍̒́̈́̒̃̍̈́̌̄̈́̒̉̕͘̚͜͜͜ͅḩ̴̢̺͉̮̞̜̖̬̠̤͇̫͖̥̹̭̭͎͎̮̤̗̱̭͓̑̓̏͛͑̆̒̒̌̆̏̆̇͑͌̓̃̓̀͐̀́̊̈́̊͋̉̓̀̌́̏͆̎̈̒̓͋͗̀̏̚͘̕͘͘͜͝͝ĭ̶̝͉̳͈̠̪͍̳̞̼͒̉̿̿̂͗͒́̑͌̂̐̕͘͠͝ṣ̴̢̢̨̡̜̹̟̤͇͖͔͈̖̼̦̝̱̟̘̱̻͉̺͔̻̞̺̤͔̖̅̅̍̈̈́̋̽̈́͌̐̓̊̍̆̏̀̒͂́̂͋͋̒͐͂̐̽̔͛̂̎̓̕͝ͅ ̵̧̭̙̻̺̝͉̳̘̪̩͉̞̝͎͕͇͈̦̗͉̳̋̾̒̇̍̇̈́̐̀̄̈́́͛̓̈̓̍͊̏̀̈́͆̆͌̾̄̕͝͝ͅͅĉ̴̨̨̡̧͙̫͓̹̠̲̥̱͕̫̺̦̬̹̭̣͚̯͕͙͔̈̔̈́͋̈́̎͐͗̂̓̈͐̄͊́͐͒́͛͂͆̈́̆̈́͘̕̕͝͠͠͠ơ̴̡̧̧̩͍̣̰̩̥̞̩͇̝̗̹̥̻̱̲͔̤̟̘̼̝̫͎͖͔͓͎̖̹͚̏̿̈́̋͗͑̌̀̓̀̓͘̕͜͝͠ͅͅư̷̧̘͓̲̰̻͕̗̠̯̞̟̝̙͚̱̤̩̲̞̻̬͖̭̜̹̩̝͎̙͇̄̋̂̊̈̓̓̆́͗̉͒̄̒́̈́̓̈́̓̓̂͌́̍̇͑͛̏̊̏̿͆͆̒̔̒̂̒͒̓͗̑̓̕͘̕̚͜͝͠ͅl̶̡̘̪̺̪͎͐̅̔̈̓̏͒͋̋͒̃͊̀͑̊̌̒̀͑̑͗͂͆̓͂͝͝͠ͅd̸̨̢̡̡̧̫̗̬͈̝͖̺̗̞̝̤͚͕͈̝̹̗̮͎͓̭̪̜͕̬̗͚̘̣͖̓̍̂̆̇͛̈́̊̈́̊̂̃̃̈́̎̌͛͌͘͝ ̵̢̪͖̹̮̳̹̦̱̣̺̲̹͉̥͍̝̪̦̻̘̞̲̝̯͕̗͍̩̪͓̰̭̯̟̤̬̫͈͓̯͈̎̑͂͆̽͗́̃̂̊̿̌̆̇͌̀̌̾̒͂̈́̚͘̕̕͝ͅb̷̨̡̧̡̛̫̻͕̲̼͓͚̪͍̘͎͓͖͔͎̭͇͈̆̎̀̈́̀͐̀̓́̑͆̈́̈̔͘̕͝ͅē̷̛̠̠̺͙̪̤̠̦̗̼̬͇̳̘͆́͑̓̅̋̂̅̑̅̔͐̚͠͝ ̵̧̡͍͚͙̟̱͇͇̮̘͎͓͓̄͂̕͜å̷̧̖̫̮̈́̔͑̃̃̑͆̀̍́͑̈́̂͊͊͆̆͂̉̽̑̿͂̒̅̐̕̕̕̕͘̕͠ ̸̢̛͓̬̩̣̬͎̠̝̮̩͓̟͓̮̼̯̤͙͉̃̽͂͑͂̆̍̓̃̓͋̇̔͋̀̈́̏̅͗̽̋͂̔̆̀́̇͒̋͛͆͑̍͗̅̔̏̔̾̐̏̒͗̊̕͠͝l̸̨̧̧͍̳̘̟͎̩̜̙͉͕͓̖͙̫͍̘͙̤̥̗͕̲̰̖̄̑͊̓̈́̓̍͂̎͗̉̒͐̿͛̎̽̕̚͘͝͝͝ȉ̵̦̖̪̹̝̹͉̞̯̦̺̣̘̤̝̦͓̈́̎̊͐̓̽̇̀̈́̽̇̽̊́̇̒̀̈̇͛̐̇̅̑͠t̶̨͔̜͔̰͖̃̈́̂͑̿̿͊̒̋̆̊̍́̒͊̍̉̇̐̊̊̓̆͛̚͘̚͝ͅt̴̢̨̢̢̳̣̮̰͉̭̪̲̣̝͈͓͍͔͓̣͕͇̻̜̼̜͕̪̔̉͒͗̾̋̀̑̈́̅̓̆̔̽͘͜͜͠͝͠ͅͅͅl̴͈̖̠͛͐͊͗̀͒́̅͋̋̇̈́̌̈́̐͒̃̎̄̀͛̾͗̓̊̍̒̄͛͛̓̓̊̉͗̉̈̈́̚̕͠ę̴̧̢̛̟̼̙̲̲̪̪̩̤̝͓̻̭̱̞̺̦̪͕̥̥͙̫̗͓̰́̀̈́̀͑͋̀̃͛͑̆́́́̿̒͆͛͗̈́́̿͂̑̓̃̅͐̉̓̐̎̐̎̋̿̋͛̾͑̕̚͘̚̕͘͘͠͝͝ͅ ̴̧̧̡̧̤͉͇̰̥̫͇̟̼̮̣̼̥̭̙͍̰̣͔͉̤̜͔͈̱̻̗͔̮̮̫̩̖͚̤̣͈̜͔̬̝̍͂̎̓̏̈̈́̕̕͝ͅį̶̡̧̧̛̬̖̟̟̠̥̱̞̯̹̫̝̙̟̯͎̳̯͚̜̝͖̤̬͓̞̙͙͓̦̭̝̖̜͕͓̮͖̦͎̙̘̀̔͊̂̄̿̈́̔͛̈̿̈́͛͑̈́͗̈́̊̌͆̍̓̈́͋͋̇̓̀͐͐̓͌̋͐̈͋̈́̇̍̓̋͊̕̕͜͜͠͝͠͝ͅn̷̡̡̛̛̰̺̠̹̳̲̪̝̣̬̮̻̯̜͈͙̫͇̜͔̙̤̻͍̹̼̺̺̏͒̒̉͋̀̂́͆̔̄̃̍̇̔͑̇̍͌̉͒̍̿̒͋̓̄̔̾̕͘̚̚͘͜͜͝͠͝͝͝͝͝ͅͅͅt̵̨̛͔̮̲̩͈̼̞̺̬͍̠̬̮͇̟̫̪̮̘̹͍̘͖̪͓͙̘̼̜̠̺̩͈̯̓̏́̇̃̋̍͗́̈́̂̚e̵̛̺̝̖̘͚̎̈́̓̈́̄̉̃͐̆̏̽̅͒̈̄̎̈́͆͗͆̓͋͘̚̚̕͝͠͝ŗ̷̢̧̡̧̨̛̻͕̪͈͔̥̤̭̯̩̪̙̭̣̯̹̟̼̿̈́́̇̓̋̑͜͠e̵̛͇̭͔̓̇̀͆͊̈́̃̇͆̃̑̕͘͝s̸̨̢̢̛̛̻̘̼̤̗̮̘̬̣̣̹̞̪̯̠̙̪͎̫̾̆̅̇̔͋͌̎̊̉̄́̀͗̆̍̾̀̂̅̓́̓̂̋͗̉̉̈́́͘̕͝͝͠t̸̛̝̪̥͓̲̭̐͋̃͛̅̈͆̈͑͌͒̿̄͒̓͂̋̏̄̍͆̊̉̿̀̚̚͝͠i̷̧̢̝͓̹̹͕͖̝̖̬͙̬͉̥̯̰͔͈̘̪̬̠̭̦̹̖̺̱̙͎̫͖̪̜̭͚̙̹̪̳̠̜͎̠̺̟̽̈̾̿̄́̇̉̊̂͐̀̄͋̀̋̈̎̾͒̑̐̇͗̔̄͂̾̒͋̏̾̌͊̉̚͠͠͠ͅn̵̢̨̢̨̨̛̲̝̫̤̺̪͔͔̠̮̗͉̳̼͍͍̲̟̭͓̯͚͎̜̥̗͚̥͗͌̽́͋͆̔̏̂͐͜͝͝ͅģ̴̜̰͕̙̥͎̺͍̯͍͉͚̙̣̖͖̤̮͖̤̹̗̱͍̭͚̪͖̠̼͌͑́͆̄̐̔͂̓̃̐̋̿͋̚͜ͅͅ.̵̨̧̛̞̥̻͇͙̥̰̲̥̰̥͍̤̯̣̩͍̥̔̒̐̿̉͊̽͋̀́͛̌͒̀̒̑͆͐̾̋̌͗́̄̓̄̇̋̀̕̕̕͘͠ͅ

Osada

"'I suppose you could say that, never been to this mountain until now. As for how I got up, well, kinda hard to say, but I'm fairly certain that I didn't fly at all. More just walked until I made it here" Osada replied with a shrug, "I started at a forested base, but like I said, I've managed to get a bit lost, land kept seeming to shift and morph and whatnot. Barely resembled the map I bought at all just for the climb" He added, bringing his raised hand to the back of his head in order to scratch, mostly out of annoyance.

Isobel hears the fluttering of wings behind her, as Empi follows closely behind.
"Hope you don't mind if I tag along. Not that I'd mind Hell all that much- demons throw great parties back where I'm from, shame they got all these trust passwords now to stop some dickheads from mooching booze off them - but I'd rather not be alone around here even if that lady said not to worry about it. Shit's crazy and you're about the only person here I can count on not to be."

IP looked over to where LOTUS was, and finished putting up the tent it was working on. Walking up to the tablet-turned-fairy, it asked, "LOTUS, I'm afraid I have no database modules on setting up base camps or similar locations, and I am uncertain on how to best utilize the current supplies we have. Please advise."

Dani and Joan

Dani smirks along with Komachi at the mention of a re-tour. "Maybe if I die here I'll try for a job here. I've got the needed qualifications I'd think..." He trails off for a bit, appearing to be thinking about something as he looks into the distance. 

Seeing her Meister's expression Joan speaks up. "So how long until we're out of here by the way? We don't seem to have gotten much closer yet."

Rory

Rory glares at the source of the giggles, before slowly moving towards where he heard them.

Spoiler

Perks: 

Harden:  Getting hit activates Rory’s semblance. For every 25% of his max HP he loses, Rory gains lvl/2 DR.

Huntsman Basics:  Rory takes no fall damage. Additionally, he can carve materials from enemies which grant effects related to the enemy.

Flaw: Repositioning:  Every consecutive turn spent attacking lowers Rory’s Initiative by 3. He can't hit enemies that have 15 more Initiative than him.

Actions:

Wyrmstake Launcher: A modification added to gunlances that allows for the launching of a Wyrmstake, obviously. Deals 1d6+STR damage to the target applies a burn that deals 1d6 damage for 3 turns, and deals 1d6+Dex Damage after the burn wears off.
     Lvl 1: Applies a Burn that deals 1d6 damage for 3 turns and deals an additional 1d6+Dex damage after the burn wears off.

Caffeine:  Rory spends the turn getting back into position, increasing his Initiative by his 1.5*Dex.

Armed and Ready!:  Rory Taunts an enemy, forcing them to attack him for 6 rounds. Only works on one enemy at a time.

I Burn: Every two attacks in a row Rory Unloads the gun in his Lance dealing +3d6 damage against his target.
    Lvl1: When Rory attacks 2 times in a row his Second attack deals an additional 2d6 damage.

I May Fall: Rory bolsters himself, Giving himself +20 Temporary HP in return for losing 1 DR for two Rounds.  (This can make his DR negative causing him to take more damage from each attack.)

Bad Luck Charm: Desperate times call for desperate measures. Which of course means Rory takes a moment to hurt himself and bolster his resolve. Rory takes Con Damage and after 3 turns regains 2x the damage taken.

Equipment:
Lúin of Celtchar: An Iron Gunlance, looking like someone made a big Revolver, put it on a stick, and then strapped an equally large Bayonet to it. 4d4+STR damage.

Shield:  “A sturdy Iron Shield, typically not something worn by hunters due to the huge amount of Strength their enemies bring to bear. However most Hunters aren’t Fucking Invincible.” -Rory +3 DR while Guarding and can’t be affected by movement based effects.

Kulu Armor: A set of armor with a “Desert Nomad” theme, consisting of mainly light browns and reds. The face is mainly covered by a red Head Scarf with the rest of the body being covered except for the biceps. +1 DR against Fire attacks, Friendly Effects are 10% more potent, and checks for moving while carrying things are reduced by 2.

Osada

"Weird. It sounds like you crossed the boundary or something, but by accident? You don't look like you're hundreds of years old, and you haven't really got that youkai feel, y'know?" She places her fingers on her chin in a thoughtful expression. "Unless you're some sort of hyper-powerful ancient wizard swordsman person who can conceal their power level. Anyway. I'm Kochiya Sanae, and this is the Moriya Shrine. Much nicer than the dumpy places Outside, and nobody's destroyed it in an earthquake yet. You could almost say it's a miracle!" Something about her smile makes it seem like she's cracking a joke.

Dani & Joan

"I dunno. You need to know anything else before you head out? I've got time to kill."

The meister-weapon pair get the distinct feeling that she's not actually supposed to be killing time.

"I don't suppose your boss explained the whole spell card contract thing to you, did he? I'd hate to be carting you back over here because of something like that."

Rory

"Over here~!" Rory whirls towards the voice, again not where he was expecting. He finally catches a brief glimpse of a girl in a yellow dress and a fancy hat, with some sort of eye-like thing wrapped around her - or attached to her? She manages to vanish from sight as quickly as she appeared after popping him with a burst of heart-shaped danmaku for [1] damage. . . but it doesn't seem like she was moving fast. He just lost track of her? 

Somewhat incongruously, he spots what looks like a pay phone nearby. It rings.

Status

Rory: 79/90 HP

???: Ṯ̴̢̢̧̡̢̢͓͕͇̤̪̖͙̝̦͎̘̲̼̗͈̘̳͓̪̥͇̞̱̗͙̮̟͙̙̦̩͓̘̗̤̫͇͈̱͓͇̗͍̹̞̝̻̤̼͇͕͚̰̘̲̬̹͔̖̬͓̟̙̯͕̳͇̬̤̠̯̖̮̺͓̰̺͍̜͚̝͕̝̭̟̹͍̯̱̼͈̹̯̹̦̥̬̻͕̟̰͎̽̇̾͜͜͜h̶̡̧̢̡̨̨̢̢̡̡̛̩̲͙͖̱͖͍̪̫̰̺̤̗̠͓̭̘̝̖͇̺̫̞͈̜͉̺̲̰͍͍͎͙̟̰͔̜͖͓̱͔͖͉̭͖̞̟͈͖̦͔͚̜̠̱͙̗͍͕̩͍̟͈̘͔͉̭̖̘̝̮̞̖̺̦̥͈͋̏̂͆̉͛͆̌͑̔̐̏͛̽̆̒̾̀͛͆́͐́̿̍̅̊̇̓͑̀͂̓̋̚̚͘͝͝͝͝ͅȁ̵̡̧̧̛̛̛̛͕͔͎̦̙͖̬̣̱͇̰͍͎͎̞̪̘͍̫͉̩͔̘̙̺̬̩̤̬̥̙̝̺͕̮͚̦̙̀̒̀̈́̈́̒͒̇̌̀̓̃̎̿̌̀́̎̽͒́̓̊̒̑̓́̈́̍̈̈́̍̄̐͑̇̾̋͒̈́͗̊̌̋̅͂̃́͋͂̈́̿̈͑̈́̈́͆̇̉̉̀͂̾͋̔̏̊͐́̇̈́̀́̽̕̕͘͘͘͘̚͜͝͝͝͝͝ͅţ̷̨͚̟͔̘̤̠̣͉̟̬͓̼̭̠͔͓̦̬̳̙̦͚̦̹̭͚͚̳̼̥̹̬̟̗̖̯͖̘̝̭̠̪̮̗̲̞̟̯͚̩͙͎̳̬̖̼̬̼͚̠̩̙͓̞̯̦̗͉̜͈̖̦̣͂̂͒͐͌̇̍͛̒̂̉̽͊̆͊̒͆́̊̍̈́̽͂̃͗̆̄̈̀̃̆́̌́́̉̓͐͌̎͆̈͑͑̈́̾̍́̄͆̏͌̒̇́̄̋͗̀̓͆̑̀̋͋̆̂̅̇̉̅̎́̍̀̋͋̎̂̐̽͋͒̔̋̀̏͑̄̄̽͛̄̽̆̏̚̚̕̚̕͘̕̕̚͘̕̕͜͜͝͝͝͝͝ͅ'̷̡̨̧̨̨̢̱̩͉̹̗̫͈̦͕̰̟͙̬̩̟̼̲̲͍͕͈͈̗̰̲̰͇̫̱̪̰̩̖͇̰̳̟̭͉̠̱͚͖̳̞͙̭̯͚̤̼͈̱̗͍̖̳̞͖͚͉̌̍̍̌̊̆̆͒̓̈́̀̈̀̒͋͑̾̊̓̋̒̆͑͂̃͗̇͊͋̀̅̕̕̚͜͜͜͝͝ͅs̸̢̱͎̣̭̖͔̀̏̓̈́̅̿̑͐̒̊̊͆̃̈́̈́͑̑̋́͋ ̶̢̨̢̧̡͍̣̳̮̝͉̪̻̰͍̫̭͈̹͙̹͕̣̭̙̬͇͈̲̮̟͚̟̮͓̟̦̲͔̱̤͍͍͇͈͎̰͙̮̃͒̒͊͂̊͐̂̅̅͆̈́̀̔́̄̽͠k̴̨̢̧̧̛̙͈̣̖͎̦̙̜̥͍͕̤̮̹̦͓̰͔̙̩̱̙͆̇͑̐̀̉͊̏͌́͊͂̆̈́͐͌̔̍͋̈́̽̈̾̂͋̔͑̽̆̏̃̅͌̅̇̇͐̕͘̚͝ͅi̶̡̧̢̛͓̥̯̪̤̬͍̘̫͉̣͕͖̯̱̬͕̩̰̭͉̱̘͉̺͍̪̳̋̀̓̑͋͛̾̏̆͒͐̅̏̓̑̏̓̊̊͒̀̐̏̾͒̃̓̀̈́͆̏̏̔͛͘̚̕̚̚̚͜͠͠͝ň̷̨̨̧̢̡̡̧̡̡̧̧̧̨̧̡̟̻̼̪͉͇͚̙̱͈͇͓̻̠̠̭͔̤̥͚̞̙̜͎͓̝̜̜̙̞̖̞̙̲̮̥͖̞̩̙̯̫̘͙͎̣̪͕̻̫̘͉̤̖̯̝̫̤̺̫̝̦̠̠̃̀̅̈́͛̑̊̃̇̓̀̊̔̍̋͑̅͗́̉̂̿̾̆̿͘̚̚̚̚͜͜͠͝ͅͅd̸̨̛͓̥̜̗̥̞̜̱̙͙̲̲̤̦͍͕̯̯̤͕̰̲̤̜̙̭̥̙͔͙̻̈̈́̊̄̀͋̄̏̂̿͌͑̊̋͐̆̒̓̅̓̔̓͒̎̓̐̑̑̃͗̽̉͋̔̀̈̓̀͗̽̔͋̃͋͐̈̀͂́̆̿̓̋̄́̈́̌͛̋̏̔̋͋̆͗̎̃̎̆̂̉̏͂͋̎̆̀̔̂̇̓̅̀̔̌̊͆̃̐͛͊͑̈͆͘̕̚͘͜͠͠͠͝͠͠͠͠͝ͅͅͅ ̶̨̨̡̨̢̢̲̤̳̦̯̱̠̯̯͔̩̖̟͖͎̭̩͉͉̟̤̟̤͎̝̖̳̘̞͖̮̝̞̬͓̤̫͎̙͔̖̰̭̱̪̣̪̘͓̝̱͉͉̗͉͚̘̲͎̳͙̟̰̻̬̝͚̹̙̜̞̠̝͚̰̝̬̲̺̻̽̆̽̈́̅̿̓̽͊̌̈́̋̅̎̋̆̄͌̈̍̍̍͌̉͒̎͋̿̇̋͑͆͂̉́͐͛̎͆̑̈́͐͒̌̽͒̏̇̑͗͛̌́̃͂̍̄̊̐̑́̚̚͘͜͜͜͜͠͝͝͠͝͝ͅo̸̢̡̡̧̢̢̨̨̨̧̢͈͉̹̤̝̯̜̫̼̠͍̯̣̹͍̥̘̠̘̲̣͚͎̯̼̞̗̙̟͇̬̯̣͙̘̙͕͕̮͙͉̬͚̲͈̦͔̬̜̼͇̱͍͖̟͔͔̳̯̬̘͔̥͙͈̗̰̪͔͕͖̖̙̳̣̣̞̖̠͇̹̣̹̲͑̋͜͜͜ͅͅͅf̷̢̢̧̢̨̨̡̢̧̧̧̢̖̟͎̱̠̖̩̪̞͙͖̫̫̩̣̤̻͖̘̩̲͇̠̲̺̥̠̮̦͖̘̳̭͍̖͖̟̱̼͎͉͓̠͉̖̦̣̬̹̠͉̥͖̼̜̰͚̱̭̬̹͉̲͎̘̝̭̻̲̺͍͈̙̲̝̭̮̜̝̖͕̤͉̪͖͌̽͑͑͌̂̃́͊̆̊̀͜͜͜͜͠͝ͅͅͅ ̵̢̨̡̡̢̛̛̹͎̤̮͉͈̲͕̠͎̞̜̣̺̪̺̺̼̭͓͎̱̳͈͇̙̼̙͙͕̭̯̮̭͈̟͔̹̲̗̲̣̗̯̦̼̹̈́͆̉͋͂̅͐̄̇͑̂̀͋̈̓̄͗̀̄͒̂̄̔͑̆̌͒̏͒̄̓̓̋̓͘̚͜͠͝b̴̢̨̨̡̡̢̧̨̡̨̢̢̨̨̨̡̡̛̛̛̛̛̠̮͎͔̞̦̤͇̱̟͖͔͔̥̘̭͎̭̫͉̱̞͖̼̘̩̙̠̳̜̙͔̤̱̩̠̫̞̘̥̤̘͎͔̱͙̺̝͓͉̤̬̙̤̯̩͉̺͚͙͈̗̘̺̥̗̖̭̰͍̠͖̩̙͕̤̟̰̤͇̙̪̹͙͚̪͉̈́̇͒́͂̏̃̈͐̊͐͑̆͗͑̂͊́̃̒̿̓̍͆͆̉̃̇̊̉̉͑̎̏̒̊͋̿̾̏̄͛͂̂͐͒̈́͊͗̌̀̓̓̇͛͋̄̃̄̏̂̚̚̚̕̚̕̚͘͘͜͜͜͜͠͝͝ͅò̴̢̧̧̨̡̧̨̧̨̡̺̥̫͈͚̣͓͔͇̻̮̬̥̲̭̰̗̗̙̠͖͙͍̲̰̼̥̪̘͉̲͈̱̭͔̲̭̲̝̥͇̲̲̰͍̼̩̹̲̖̹̻̮͖̝̖̱̝͖̤̱̯͈̝̹͕͚̬͉̙̫̟͔͓̠͈̥͔̭̩̟̖͍̖͕̪͓͉͉͇̬͚͈̫̓͐̽̆̆̓͐̆̓̔̚͜͜͜͜͜ř̴̛̦͉̭̣̼͚͈͑̊̓̑̈̈́̀͑̆͆̎͋̽̊̋̄̄̉̀̓͋̐̾̽͒̃̽̿̈́͛͐͐̀̈́̿̈̏͂͋͊́̈́̑͛͋́̏̐̀̆͛̊̒̀̇͒̅͛̌̒͌̍̉̐̊̉̏͂̿͗́̀͐̉̒̈́̃̚̕͘̕͘͘͠͝͝͝͝͝ĩ̴̡̧̢̛̛̛̩̮̬͖̳͎̱̼͕͚̲̠̱̤͓͓̻̭̝̟̱̘̬̠̪͇̳͍̖̻̗͓̮̮̟̺͙̺͈̘͕̬̳͕̲͍͙̳̦̩̭͓̟͔̣̮̝̭̳͇̼̖͔͕͎͙̗͙̼͇̗̩̬̊͆̅̍́̈́̎͗́̌͂̏̓͂͐̇͗̃̃̅̈̃͛̀̿̃̋̃̄́̒͋̎̽̐͆́̔͒̔͌̀̂̏͋͘̚̕͜͜͝͠͝͝͝͝ṋ̵̡̡̧̧̛̛̛̯̺͙̱̠͓̱̤̞͖̪͎̲̘̩̞̋̐̈́͌̾̐́͂̀̍̎̔̒͌̀̉̅͑͑̍̐̇͂̍̐̃̄̒̓͂̇͋̀̐͆̏͆̽͋̐͊͐͂́͋̐͑͂̅̍͗̈́̂̂̀̊̔̇͆̀͌̀̈́̎͆͛̈́̆̍̐̈̔͛̋͒̊̓͛̀͒͑̔̚̕͘̚̕͠͝͝͝g̶̢̡̛̛̙̠͚͉͓͕̬̟̲͖̬̤̣̟͕̙̞̬̮̺̳̮̹̭̝͖͆̈́̓̇͆͛̌̾̀̎͌͑̃̊̇͐̃̊̀̓̆̈̈́̏̓̐̊̀͋̈́͛̅̿̑͛̇̂̏́̓̄͋́̈́̓̌̀͆̀́͆́̋̏͗̓̀͑͒̚̕͘̕̚͘͝͠͝ͅͅ.̴̧̨̧̧̘̫̗̪͕͙͚͖̪̝̟̪̮͙͓̥̣͚̜̤̹̻͌͠

"Hm?"

There was another series of wingbeats, as Masako--who was just about to take off on whatever nonsense she had in mind--reversed course.  The was now hovering about a meter above Empi and Isobel, leaning over slightly to peer at the pair with an idle curiosity.  As the moment began to stretch on, it seemed from the look in her eyes and the way she rested her cheek upon her hand that she were considering something.  Or, perhaps, debating something.  Until, at last, she shrugged.

"Well, I daresay you're correct, Miss Powderbelle; you can certainly trust in my sanity a good deal farther than the rest of that group."  It appeared the tengu was willfully ignoring that the fairy hadn't been talking to her.  Not that this was likely to deter her in the slightest if pointed out.  "Though I'll admit some surprise at seeing both of you follow me.  I suspect you're both the type who would rather appreciate the oni, once you got past the usual introductions, and it's not like the other residents (conniving jerks who try muscling in on my territory some may be) should have been around to scare you off.  Still, I suppose the prospect of camping out there would be rather unpleasant for most..."

Masako tapped her cheek.  Apparently she was back to thinking.  "Well, I can't just leave you here.  That red-white may usually be fairly polite about shifty sorts squatting at her shrine, even if she might grumble, but she was in a poor mood and I'd be remiss if I made it worse. "

"I suppose there's nothing for it."  She sighed, then gestured off into the distance.  "Come along, then.  We need to stop by the Moriya shrine before we head back to my place, and that's a rather long flight, even if it is all in the same direction.  We can hardly loiter around Hakurei's place all day like certain other youkai."

Osada

At Sanae's comment, Osada brought his own hand to his chin, putting together the puzzle pieces before nodding to himself, "I see, so I did pass through a Bounded Field" he commented, still missing the actual explanation for ending up at the Shrine, before pausing at Sanae's possible explanation for how he managed to pass through. It wasn't completely accurate, seeing as how he was technically still a child by most standards, neither was he much of a mage, but the overall observation was eerily close to being accurate,  "You've got a good eye Sanae, though I'm admittedly not that good at actual Magecraft. Name's Osada Tsuneo, a pleasure to meet you" Osada continued, taking a single step back in order to perform an elaborate bow to the Shrine Watcher, "So, being direct here, does there happen to be a swordsman of some kind around here? I came all this way for a duel and I'd hate to have my travels go to waste. Especially when I bought so much in preparation that turned out to be useless..." he asked, muttering out the last part in a resigned tone.

Dani and Joan

Dani shakes his head. "Afraid he didn't. Are they list postcards? .... Probably not I suppose."

Rory

The faunus braced as best he could in the moment before the heart hit him... and then blinked when it did minimal damage. Well, it did seem that the person attacking him was just playing around... At the ring of the payphone, he looked around checking to see if it was a trap, before deciding to humor whoever it was, dashing over to answer the phone.

Spoiler

Perks: 

Actions:

Equipment:

Osada 

Sanae offered her own polite bow to Osada, even if she didn't quite match it in depth. "I guess you could call this place a bounded field. As far as swordsmen, um, there's some wolf tengu down the mountain a ways? I know that Momiji is always practicing, she'd probably fight you if you offered. But, uh, it might be sorta dangerous for you. Since you're an outside human, you might not be covered by the spell card rules, which means that she could eat you." Again, her tone suggests that this is completely normal. "Although I could just exterminate her if she tried." The casual affect continued. The miko stretched a bit. "I didn't get in on this last incident, so I've been looking for something fun to do."

Dani and Joan

"Not quite." Komachi chuckled slightly. "It's how this place can be jammed full of ancient youkai and idiotically strong shrine maidens without everyone getting splattered all over the walls. Not that splattered people are always boring, but everyone being splattered would be a bit dull after a while." She pursed her lips thoughtfully. "Basically, you take your fighting techniques and special powers and turn them into bullet patterns. This means it's really hard to kill people with them, but you can still prove you've got the bigger stick. Although it does theoretically level the playing field some." The shinigami shrugged. "I'd call your boss about it. He probably made some arrangements so you're covered under the contract. Though it also means you can't kill any of the youkai. Yes, even the man-eaters. They mostly don't do that any more, anyway."

Rory

"I'm right behind you~" the voice on the phone said. Rory turned again, but saw nothing. Turning back, there's very abruptly a girl standing in front of him, the same girl he'd caught a fleeting glimpse of earlier.

Encounter Complete?

"Hello. There aren't a lot of people that are like you with stuff like that in places like this. I like it~" She wandered back and forth, almost prancing as she spoke. There was a fox mask in one of her hands and a sharp knife in the other, with a bit of fresh blood on the tip. "Do you like me?"

Dani and Joan

Dani nods as he starts patting himself down, before looking to Joan who begins rummaging through her pockets while the latter speaks. "Humans are fine though? ... Thank you, Joan."

Joan nods as Dani takes an offered mirror from her, using his breath to fog it up before writing "42-42-564" into it to call Lord Death.

Rory

Rory squints at the girl distrustfully for a second, his tongue flicking out on instinct at the notably untrustworthy looking knife, but finally he shrugs. "Sure, you don't seem too bad."