[IC] TotMV:G^2: Touhou: Twilight of Paradise Butterfly

Chevaleresse

Ub-65 looked around the train's outside for a short time before turning to follow IP and company to the village, stopping with them on the elevated position and moving silently into place near them as to not disturb them. She tried to assist in looking for signs of life in the village. Back to the way things used to be with recon, I see. No more head on engagements for the time being.

IP turned to LOTUS, noticing they had been accompanied by UB-65.

"No obvious signs of conflict, and no obvious signs of wildlife either, though considering the nature of the... spirits... that were present at the site we were given access to, there may still be flying creatures we're not aware about. It seems the locals here are more interested in holding feasts or parties than patrolling for intruders... Should we enter the village now?"

The River Sanzu

Komachi shrugged. "Things have been weird lately. The yamas have all been wound up by something. Makes Eiki look like a patron saint of kindness next to them." She pursed her lips. "Not that she isn't kind in her own way. . . she just goes about it in the most annoying way possible. Anyway." A slight bump sounded as the rowboat hit the other side of the river. "Try not to get killed too messily. Or, if you do, do it somewhere else, ghosts with organs hanging out are annoying. Just keep going that way and it should lead out of the Netherworld." She waited for the two to disembark, then gave them a wave before pushing off and floating off towards Higan once more.

The Palace of Earth Spirits

The trip over to the palace is fairly uneventful, or at least as uneventful as traveling through a lava-streaked hellscape could be. There was no gate guard, but the gate itself did look rather large and imposing. Now that he was closer, he could tell it was in a Western style much like the Scarlet Devil Mansion, though the relative ages of the structures were impossible to guess. He could, however, see a two-tailed cat watching him through one window.

Former Hell

"That's a little disappointing, I was hoping for something interesting to happen." Behind IP and UB-65, with no ready explanation available, was a woman in a white shirt and long, but somewhat sheer blue skirt. More notable was the red horn jutting from her head and the fact that she looked to be over six feet tall and quite muscular. "You're not oni, not evil spirits, and probably not someone's pets, so what exactly are you doing down here?" The stranger's tone was curious, not accusatory, though it did hold a faint note of suspicion.

Osada

"If you were hoping for me to clear things up, then I apologize. This whole situation eludes me as well" Osada commented with a shrug, "I can say that no patrol would've noticed me though, being dropped off near the shrine would have that effect."

Dani and Joan

Dani snorts as he gets out of the boat. "Don't worry, that's why I sprang for armor. Anyway, I'd say later but..." Dani shrugs as his partner turns back to their human form. They both turn and wave at Komachi before starting on their own path out of the netherworld.

Rory 

Rory looks at the cat for a few moments before waving and going to see if there's some way to contact those within the palace. If there is none to be found he just knocks. If that still doesn't work, he tries opening the gates to let himself in.

"Who, the gap hag?"  Masako ignored the glare she received from Momiji, apparently unconcerned about Yukari taking offense.  And unconcerned about being called a weirdo, for that matter, though perhaps even Masako realized that was a debate she couldn't win.  "No, no, I don't believe it has anything to do with whatever film noir is.  It's not as though she's omniscient, particularly when it comes to Incidents, so there are plenty of reasons for someone like her to retain a detective.  And it isn't as though she could resort to her usual contacts, given they were all driven mad with bloodlust.  Still..."

"I suppose one might wonder if part of her reason for dragging me into the mess was because she was annoyed with me involving her in another case."  Masako rested her cheek against her hand, considering the matter.  It was rather plausible, when one thought about it.  Albeit entirely (mostly?) untrue here.  "But even if she were, Inubashiri, it's hardly a reason to think anything much will come of it.  I've already told you, several times, that I am almost entirely innocent of the events which lead to that particular incident, so there's no cause to keep bringing it up around me.  Nor is there any cause to be so paranoid; it's not as though Yakumo is capable of listening in on what everyone's saying at all times, even if she could be bothered to do so."

The crow studiously ignored an eye in the tiny gap behind the wolf's head as it attempted to give her what appeared to be a wink, just before the gap itself appeared to zip up and vanish.  No doubt another one was hiding around elsewhere, somewhere, but that was hardly the tengu's problem.  

Isobel Low

Isobel took a while to chip in to the conversation, mostly because she hadn't really been addressed and she didn't want to end up being impolite by interrupting someone. Still, there was a topic that she could contribute to, and that was what she ended up deciding to speak about. "About the appearance of this man... it is entirely possible that it could have been the work of Miss Yakumo, but it could also well have been something else. While it was Miss Yakumo that brought our group to Gensokyo, we have otherwise been transported between worlds by an entirely different force; it may be some sort of force of the, multiverse, um, how do I put this... it may be some sort of cosmic force that teleports people from their worlds to our group, or it may be actions made by..." The Battered Hero came to mind, "Some sort of larger force fighting these Trespassers as well, but the end result is that sometimes people just kind of appear around our group, or disappear from it. He could have experienced that."

LOTUS

"Well, I agree that it doesn't look very dangerous down there immediately. I would say that moving closer would be a good idea, especially with UB-65 reinforcing us, but caution would still be adv--" LOTUS' voice suddenly cut off as the group was approached by an unknown being, who LOTUS watched carefully as she spoke. She didn't seem hostile, and as such an overwhelming amount of paranoia was probably not advisable, but at the same time LOTUS did feel the need to take some level of care. "We were given a legal deed to an area in this realm, in order for services provided in getting rid of an outside threat to Gensokyo. We are outsiders ourselves, but have been "entered into the system", so to speak, in a couple of ways, not least of which is the danmaku system. We came to deal with an active corruptive force that would have threatened Gensokyo --and this entire universe, for that matter-- existentially, had it not been caught early by one Yakumo Yukari, who brought us here." LOTUS had begun to understand from her demeanor that Yukari was a very difficult person to understand and work with, but she figured that that would probably make any hostilities an unappealing concept.

Youkai Mountain

Momiji shot Masako an irritable look at her continued insistence on the usage of that particular term. "Almost entirely isn't entirely."

"So you really are from another universe? That makes sense to me. Well, it doesn't, but that's why it does." Sanae cut off whatever Momiji was about to say next, though the wolf tengu seemed to be polite enough to not cut her off back. "That would explain why you don't know about fairies. Around here they're just nature spirits, and not very bright ones. Kind of annoying, but you can blow them up and not feel bad, so it kinda shakes out to even anyway."

"Well, either way, don't go wandering around the mountain. Even if Yakumo sent you. Especially so, even. Some people aren't smart enough to avoid annoying her, and since you're Outsiders, there are youkai who'd be happy to snack on you."

"Do you mean Rumia? She's kind of harmless. Where has she been, anyway. . . ?" 

"It doesn't really matter." Momiji gestured broadly at the group. "Even if you came in some weird way, I'm going to have to ask you to stay off the mountain unless you're on the path to the shrine. This is tengu land and we don't like trespassers. Though, speaking of. . . the ones you mentioned seem important. Chichimura, have you been taking notes on them?" 

Sanae elbowed Osada, gesturing between him and Momiji. "Are you going to ask, or what?"

A few moments after Rory knocked, he heard a meow from behind him. The cat from the window was here. Now that he had a better view, he could see that it had a ribbon tied to one ear, and perhaps more notably, two tails. A glance upward answered the question of how it got there, at least in part: the window was now open. 

The Netherworld

The meister-weapon pair found themselves seeing a fairly calm landscape. It was deathly silent, and animals were rare, but it was mostly serene rather than creepy. A large mansion atop a hill dominated one direction, with a path heading directly away from the river leading past it.

Osada

For the most part, Osada was simply taking in the conversation, nodding as he took in the new information, trying to piece them together with what he already knew. Reality hopping, or Rayshifting as some more clever mages would call it, was a complex trick that was mostly a theoretical, only being actively employed by a select few organisations. At least, that's what he thought, he never looked too deeply on who actually tried to pull those stunts off. Mostly because he hated trying to work his head around the inner complexities of magecraft. Waltzing into the Reverse Side of the World was one thing he could handle, being flat out dropped into alternate worlds, even with the prospect of finding and dueling new opponents, was not what he would call-

In a stroke of luck, Osada's sanity was preserved from his thoughts as Sanae elbowed him, causing him to snap out of his pondering, "Hey, I'm just biding my time for the right moment. Despite my looks, I'm not actually rude enough to butt into conversations just to get my fill" Osada replied, seemingly wounded that Sanae would think of him like that, before dropping said act with a shrug, "But, if you insist" he added before clearing his throat to get Momiji's attention, "Excuse me Momiji, but would you be interested in entertaining a recent trespasser with a little duel between swordsmen?"

IP nods at LOTUS's words. "Indeed. We were merely surveying the surroundings for anything of interest - potential threats, or useful resources, for example. I am Instructor Prototype. Property of Kaida Corporation, currently working with this group to help eliminate creatures known as 'Trespassers'. We are not interested in incurring a battle at this time, Miss...?"

Rory

Rory shrugs and crouches down, starting to pet the cat. He murmurs baby talk at it for a few moments before speaking more normally, though still with a twinge of baby talk. "Do you live here kitty? ... Hm, is this a "I turn around and when I turn back you've changed" moment, or a "You actually answer my question" moment? Or maybe the gate will be open when I turn around.... Going off movie rules probably that last one. Need more time for the action to rise again after that weird girl attacked me." Rory has seemed to lost himself in thought as he pets the two tailed cat. He probably should be more concerned about that fact but... it probably wasn't anything huge right?

Dani and Joan

With little other direction to follow, the pair head down the path towards the mansion. At least it was rather nice there, for the time being.

Isobel

Isobel put her hands up a little in a sort of display of surrender as Momiji requested that they stay off of the mountain, shrine path excepted. "Okay, that's a request that I'm perfectly happy to honor. I don't really have any need of being on this mountain at this point, so avoiding trespassing and also avoiding the sorts of dangers I'm realizing are common here are things I'm glad enough to do. As for the Trespassers... Masako has not really been around long enough to know more than what she would have seen here and a little inference beyond that. I've been around since nearly the start, though, so what I'll say is that Trespassers are these things that seem intent on devouring... well... everything pretty much even conceivable. We don't know a lot about just what they are, as none of us have ever been given that much information, but we have seen a little bit of how they work. They seem to corrupt things within whichever world they're trying to get into -- I saw that in another world too -- and then they use these corrupted people and beings to destroy said universes, and then presumably to devour them. The way they do the corrupting seems to differ from place to place, but here some corrupted artifacts were delivered and seemed to apply that corruption to people they were on until said artifacts were removed. Also, I think it's worth mentioning that we're definitely not the only ones going around fighting them, as we were contacted early on by some other figure also doing so, and we've also run into other people who had been going around separately and fighting these Trespassers. This is a full-on war, really... I can't promise that Gensokyo won't see Trespassers show up again, even if they should be gone for now."

UB-65 turns around and notices the lady. After IP speaks, she adds, "We were brought here by Yukari and are just checking the surroundings." She looks next to her and nods, taking a more defensive poster in case something happens, "I hope that is alright?"

Masako gave Momiji a Look.  Then, with the Look still fixed on the white wolf tengu, she reached into her coat and pulled out the notebook in which she, indeed, wrote down everything.  This she waved around vaguely.

...To be fair, it was a pretty silly question.  Of *course* she took notes on them.  She always did.  Whether she'd share them without getting repeatedly bothered about it was an entirely different question, and to which the answer was generally "no, but bothering does work, so whatever."

Tucking the notebook away, Masako gave Osada a glance, then shrugged and turned to Sanae.  "Speaking of, Kochiya.  Are you free?"

Former Hell

"Yukari sent you? What for?" The woman didn't seem pleased at the mention of that particular woman. "Ah, don't even tell me, it's not worth the effort. She gives the word 'shady' a whole new meaning. But no, there's nothing wrong with just looking around." She shifted her focus to IP. "Hoshiguma Yuugi. I'm probably... the most dangerous thing down here, if I want to be. If I don't want to be, it'd be that idiot crow." Yuugi visibly thought for a moment. "There's other youkai down here that aren't the friendliest, either. Some of the oni aren't fond of humans, and there's always the evil spirits too. And if you're wondering why I'm being a nice tour guide, it's because I'm bored." 

The cat sniffs Rory's hand. His continued speech seems to confuse it a bit too much for the cat to just be a simple animal, not that it wasn't blindingly obvious that this was something supernatural. The feline visibly sighs in a very humanlike manner, then steps back. Smoke swirls around it for a moment, and predictably, when it clears, a red-haired girl with cat ears and a dark green dress stands in its place. "Do you have to get in there for any particular reason? Satori's not a big fan of visitors, especially not humans. You're not quite human, but you're not really a youkai either, so maybe you don't want to go in there?"

The Netherworld: Hakugyoukurou

On closer inspection, they find the structure is in a Japanese style. It looks positively ancient, but not poorly-maintained. It was surrounded by a lush, well-kept garden, or as lush as anything looked in this world of the dead, anyway. There was smoke rising from the far side of the building, though not much. A simple, yet elegant stone path led around the building, and a sliding door looked like it would permit entry.

Youkai Mountain

"A duel?" Momiji pondered the question for a moment.  "I guess the shogi game isn't going anywhere. Don't think that this means you can just wander around the mountain regardless of how this goes, though." Before she responded, however, Masako received her own Look that informed her that said bothering would be swift and relentless should she not report all the information back to the proper authorities. Then, she gave a rather more pedestrian glance to Isobel.  "Thank you for letting us know. We'll be on watch for anything really strange going on. . . not that it's always easy to tell. . ."

Momiji then gestured to a spot with no particular distinguishing features just to the side of the road, then walked over, waiting for Osada to take up his position. Once he did, she dropped into a ready stance, shield held protectively forward. 

Initiative

Momiji: 30

Momiji: 20

Osada: 10

Momiji: 10

Status

Momiji: Guarding

Osada: Healthy

Sanae stood off to the side, watching with interest. She shrugged at Masako's question. "Pretty much. I was going to watch this guy get kicked around by Momiji, but other than that, I don't have anything to do. I missed out on the incident and everything."

Rory

As much as he liked to play it like he was cool, Rory had actually forgotten that he was petting a cat at all having gotten lost in thought about movie tropes and cats. Which meant that when said cat turned into a person in a puff of smoke, he fell on his ass with an undignified yelp. After a moment he cleared his throat and stood up to respond to the cat... girl.... thingy. "Well, I came over for three things actually. First, my group apparently owns the plot of land over in that direction and I figured I'd meet the people living in the most important looking thing. Two, I got some things from that Yukari chick, I assume you guys would know her since she gave us the land, that said they could be brought to a blacksmith. And three... Some girl stabbed me on my way here I think? She was pretty weird, I think she had a blue orb connected to her? I can't remember many specifics now.... Anyway, figured you guys would know something about that." 

Dani and Joan

Dani nor Joan didn't know much about architecture, but they could recognize the style. "Huh, there's smoke and it probably isn't a house fire... So I guess someone is home." The weapon starts to open the door, but is stopped by Dani picking her up and setting her away from it with a glare. "We aren't breaking into a random person's house. Look, let's follow the path and just... look for the door." Joan sighs heavily, but doesn't complain, following her Meister on the path around to find a front door. Once the presumably do, Dani looks for a buzzer or some other way to get the owner's attention before using it.

Osada

"Wouldn't dream of it" Osada commented at Momiji's clarification towards him, waiting for Momiji to name the location of their duel and taking up his position shortly after. As the Tengu readied herself for battle, Osada did the same, drawing both of his swords and flipping them around to a proper grip, only to rest one sword on his shoulder and hold his other sword at his side. Not the most proper stances, but one that Osada was most comfortable with.  It was clear to the Homunculi that the odds in this fight were stacked against him. He already saw but a taste of Momiji's speed just moments before, and it was very likely that she had plenty more experience than he had. He may have the advantage in terms of offense thanks to his twin swords, but Momiji could easily match... In normal situations, at least. He still had his personal trump card from his status as a Demi-Servant, which closed the gap ever so slightly.

Letting out a breath that he didn't know he was holding, Osada's body suddenly tensed up, the sword on his shoulder swiftly moving down to his side. There wasn't much point in thinking about how the match could go. Rather, he simply needed to focus on where his swords fell, doing what he could to dictate the flow of the duel.

Strike swiftly, without hesitation. Allow your foe no room to breathe so long as they remain in your blade's range.

Osada attacks with Fifth Form, attacking Momiji four times at 6d4+12 damage each, with each attack only dealing 60% of its normal damage.

Loadout

Spoiler

Niten Ichi-ryū: Musashi’s sword style, utilizing two blades at once. While reducing the power of each blow, this form allowed Musashi to strike rapidly and without pause.
Every attack Osada makes hits twice at 60% damage.

Empyrean Eye (Level 2): A Heavenly Eye skill that allows the user to “Accomplish an objective”. Once an end result is decided, the user will put all of their being into accomplishing that one goal, turning infinite futures into a single result. For Miyamoto Musashi, this skill manifested primarily to be able to ensure a cut without anything pointless.
Osada ignores all forms of invincibilities (including dodges), and can choose to activate this perk to deal 5% of their maximum HP as damage to himself for each negative effect on him (debuffs or CC), and ignore those effects for one turn.

Void: A state of nothingness that all swordsmen seek to attain; an element with no equal. The essence of what made Musashi a legend amongst the world.
Osada gains Charge for every attack that lands, gaining 15 Charge from every attack of theirs, and 5 Charge from attacks that they take, up to a maximum of 100 Charge. Also grants the “Kurikara Tenshou” action.

(Flaw) Low Energy: Demi-Servant or not, Osada is nothing more than a specialized Homunculi. As such, his actual physical state is… Less than ideal.
Stuns against Osada last for two turns, instead of one.

Stats

HP: 72/72
Initiative: +12

Constitution: 7
Dexterity: 12
Intelligence: 0
Strength: 12
Synergy: 3

Actions (7/7)

Fifth Form: A short combo that allows Osada to strike four times, overwhelming their foes with heavy pressure. Make two Equipment attacks. 2 turn cooldown.  
Base: User attacks twice, 5 turn cooldown.
Level 2: Cooldown reduced by 1 turn.
Level 3: Cooldown reduced by 1 turn.
Level 4: Cooldown reduced by 1 turn.

Confounding Blow: A flurry of sword movements meant to parry and open up an opponent… And end with a disorienting, reinforced headbutt. Stuns a target and deals 1d6 damage. 2 turn cooldown.
Base: Stuns a target. 3 turn cooldown
Level 3: Deals an additional 1d6 damage.

Splitting Earth: A double, two handed strike with one sword, using brute force where speed and grace would not cut. Deals [Weapon Damage] to an enemy, bypassing resistances. One turn cooldown.
Base: Deals [Weapon Damage] to an enemy, bypassing resistances. 2 turn cooldown.

Roaring Winds: The art of using one’s speed to compliment their strength, encouraging quick strikes to cut away an opponent’s defenses.
For three turns, add [Dex] to all weapon hits that do not use Dex already. 3 turn cooldown.
Base: For three turns, add [Dex] to all weapon hits that do not use Dex already. 5 turn cooldown

Nothingness (C): The highest mental state a swordmaster can achieve. In life, Miyamoto Musashi mastered the art of becoming “Empty”, thus becoming invincible. However, Osada himself can only achieve the mental state thanks to the skill, and only in short bursts.
Nullifies all damage & debuffs towards Osada for one round. When used, this action will prioritize itself to the top of the initiative. 5 round cooldown.
Base: Nullifies all damage dealt towards Osada for one round. When used, this action will prioritize itself to the top of the initiative. 5 round cooldown.
Level 2: Nullifies debuffs. 

(Equipment) Kanshou & Byakuya: A pair of japanese styled swords custom made for Osada, bearing resemblance to classical katanas, magically forged and heavily reinforced to ensure they do not break. Although not the best, these swords can stand their ground against other low-level Noble Phantasms. Deals 6d4+Str damage. Weight 12.
Base: Deals 5d4+Str damage. Weight 14
Level 2: Weight reduced by 1
Level 3: Weight reduced by 1. 
Level 3: Adds one damage die.

(Perk Backed) Kurikara Tenshou: A stance that enables Musashi to channel the powers of Earth, Water, Fire, and Wind to create Void, culminating in a single cut that destroys an opponent’s karma.
Costs 100 Charge, and deals 3[Weapon Dice]+Str, then removes all removable buffs on a single target. Is not affected by Fifth Form’s damage reduction or double hit.

Hakugyoukurou

The door they're at already looks like the front door, but being an ancient Japanese manor, it doesn't have a door buzzer.

Following the path around leads to a white-haired girl in a green dress, looking concernedly at a bonfire that looked to be fueled by some chopped-up saplings. The fire was swirling about with shadows in a less than reassuring way. The girl looked like she wasn't a fan, either, judging by how her hand hovered over the two swords at her waist.

The catgirl snorted a bit at Rory's reaction before smoothing her expression out to something at least vaguely resembling seriousness. Her expression became rather more genuine as she processed what the hunter said. "Blue orb? It didn't happen to be attached to her by what looked like string, did it? Or look like part of it was sown shut?"

Youkai Mountain

Momiji's Swift Guard activates, granting her a Basic Defense!

Momiji deals Osada a swift rap with her blade, dealing [16] damage!

Momiji defends.

Osada strikes Momiji with a flurry of blows for [34] damage! 

Momiji catches the attack on her shield! Momiji bashes Osada with her shield and knocks him off balance for [20] damage!

Initiative: 

Momiji: 30

Momiji: 20

Osada: 10

Momiji: 10

Momiji: Lightly Wounded, Guarding

Osada: 36/72 HP, 45/100 charge

IP nodded, standing up from where it had previously been kneeling down and giving the woman a polite bow. "Thank you for your assistance, Miss Hoshiguma. We are... rather unfamiliar with this region. Can you tell me who the major figures are? Any leaders, perhaps more information on who the 'idiot crow' is?"

Osada

Well, to say Osada was 'outmatched' might've been giving himself too much credit. He was barely within Momiji's league, his offense easily being matched and countered by her defense, as he predicted. Yet even as he was knocked back, he held as much ground as he could, magical circuits flaring up as he began reinforcing a single part of his body.

In a duel of life and death, there can be no room for honor. Pull whatever tricks you must in order to survive.

Osada uses Confounding Blow, stunning Momiji once and dealing 1d6 damage twice (at 60% strength)

Loudout

Spoiler

Niten Ichi-ryū: Musashi’s sword style, utilizing two blades at once. While reducing the power of each blow, this form allowed Musashi to strike rapidly and without pause.
Every attack Osada makes hits twice at 60% damage.

Empyrean Eye (Level 2): A Heavenly Eye skill that allows the user to “Accomplish an objective”. Once an end result is decided, the user will put all of their being into accomplishing that one goal, turning infinite futures into a single result. For Miyamoto Musashi, this skill manifested primarily to be able to ensure a cut without anything pointless.
Osada ignores all forms of invincibilities (including dodges), and can choose to activate this perk to deal 5% of their maximum HP as damage to himself for each negative effect on him (debuffs or CC), and ignore those effects for one turn.

Void: A state of nothingness that all swordsmen seek to attain; an element with no equal. The essence of what made Musashi a legend amongst the world.
Osada gains Charge for every attack that lands, gaining 15 Charge from every attack of theirs, and 5 Charge from attacks that they take, up to a maximum of 100 Charge. Also grants the “Kurikara Tenshou” action.

(Flaw) Low Energy: Demi-Servant or not, Osada is nothing more than a specialized Homunculi. As such, his actual physical state is… Less than ideal.
Stuns against Osada last for two turns, instead of one.

Stats

HP: 72/72
Initiative: +12

Constitution: 7
Dexterity: 12
Intelligence: 0
Strength: 12
Synergy: 3

Actions (7/7)

Fifth Form: A short combo that allows Osada to strike four times, overwhelming their foes with heavy pressure. Make two Equipment attacks. 2 turn cooldown.  
Base: User attacks twice, 5 turn cooldown.
Level 4: Cooldown reduced by 1 turn.

Confounding Blow: A flurry of sword movements meant to parry and open up an opponent… And end with a disorienting, reinforced headbutt. Stuns a target and deals 1d6 damage. 2 turn cooldown.
Base: Stuns a target. 3 turn cooldown
Level 3: Deals an additional 1d6 damage.

Splitting Earth: A double, two handed strike with one sword, using brute force where speed and grace would not cut. Deals [Weapon Damage] to an enemy, bypassing resistances. One turn cooldown.
Base: Deals [Weapon Damage] to an enemy, bypassing resistances. 2 turn cooldown.

Roaring Winds: The art of using one’s speed to compliment their strength, encouraging quick strikes to cut away an opponent’s defenses.
For three turns, add [Dex] to all weapon hits that do not use Dex already. 3 turn cooldown.
Base: For three turns, add [Dex] to all weapon hits that do not use Dex already. 5 turn cooldown

Nothingness (C): The highest mental state a swordmaster can achieve. In life, Miyamoto Musashi mastered the art of becoming “Empty”, thus becoming invincible. However, Osada himself can only achieve the mental state thanks to the skill, and only in short bursts.
Nullifies all damage & debuffs towards Osada for one round. When used, this action will prioritize itself to the top of the initiative. 5 round cooldown.
Base: Nullifies all damage dealt towards Osada for one round. When used, this action will prioritize itself to the top of the initiative. 5 round cooldown.
Level 2: Nullifies debuffs. 

(Equipment) Kanshou & Byakuya: A pair of japanese styled swords custom made for Osada, bearing resemblance to classical katanas, magically forged and heavily reinforced to ensure they do not break. Although not the best, these swords can stand their ground against other low-level Noble Phantasms. Deals 6d4+Str damage. Weight 12.
Base: Deals 5d4+Str damage. Weight 14
Level 2: Weight reduced by 1
Level 3: Weight reduced by 1. 
Level 3: Adds one damage die.

(Perk Backed) Kurikara Tenshou: A stance that enables Musashi to channel the powers of Earth, Water, Fire, and Wind to create Void, culminating in a single cut that destroys an opponent’s karma.
Costs 100 Charge, and deals 3[Weapon Dice]+Str, then removes all removable buffs on a single target. Is not affected by Fifth Form’s damage reduction or double hit.

Dani and Joan

The pair look at the white haired girl for a few moments, Joan because of the odd scene and Dani checking to see if there was anything odd about the girl that he could ascertain from her soul. After, assuming that it didn't seem best to leave quietly, Dani takes a step back, to avoid any possible reprisal for surprising the girl, and clears his throat.

Rory

Rory thinks for a few moments before nodding. "Yeah, that sounds right. I think she had some kind of always on semblance that makes it hard to remember her because immediately after she left I had a hard time remembering much about her besides the big things... Now that I say it out loud that's kind of sad."

Isobel Low

Truth be told, Isobel ended up just kind of feeling awkward as she watched the newcomer get into a swordfight with the guardian. It wasn't that she was worried -- Isobel was no expert on sword sparring or anything, but the whole thing seemed mutually agreed-upon and under control, so she didn't really figure that anything was going to go wrong. It was just that... well... honestly, she kind of had no idea in the slightest what she was doing and now was kind of just standing around. And... she wasn't really sure what she was doing up here in the first place, still? It was getting to be just a little annoying, to tell the truth, she was starting to want to spend some of her time on her own terms. She wasn't sure if her Marisa was going to show up here, but it'd sure be nice. Still... perhaps she owed Masako just a little more patience this time around compared to the Yuyuko debacle. "So... are we going to take the new guy and get him accustomed to everything once he's done his spar? Or is the plan for us to do something else instead?"

LOTUS

"Fun." LOTUS couldn't help but let out a sarcastic comment as she listened to this person proclaim herself to be the most dangerous individual down in this place, although she did have to admit that it was something worth taking into consideration, as it was not guaranteed by any means to be empty boasting. "I will, at least, mention that what we were brought to was actually something not particularly shady but something for the defense of this whole set of worlds. We were given a deed of land down here in order to aid our efforts in order to continue defense of various worlds in general; we don't have much of an interest in directly interfering with this realm except for insofar as we are doing so in response to other outside interventions. We were merely scouting for potential resources to aid in setting up a small outpost here."

"Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeh..."  Masako continued making a vague, noncommital sound for some time, before finally relenting.  She instead watched the newcomer spar with her fellow tengu.  It WAS fairly unusual to see someone other than Konpaku using two swords at once.  Particularly, specifically, something of the Niten Ichi-Ryu school according to the original interpretation.  "I suppose we should, before they pick a fight with someone who will actually hurt them.  It isn't terribly important, but if someone wants to drop more people near me to help solve my cases, I guess I'll take it.  Even if I can complain about the lack of forewarning."

"Well, whatever."  Masako shrugged, turning back to Sanae.  "If you're free, can you head down to the Hakurei shrine and help out there for a while?  I had to beat her back to her senses, earlier, and I may have gone a slight bit overboard.  At the very least, she still seemed rather bitter about it all, so I think she would appreciate a break."

The tengu paused for a moment, tapping her chin.  "...If you keep quiet about me being the one who sent you down there, in return, I think I have something here to give you that you might like."

• 2 weeks later...

The Streets of a Former Hell

"Oh, I suppose you are new here. Reiuji Utsuho's the idiot crow. Someone fed her a crow and now she has the power of the sun and the brains of a rock. Made a big stink a while back." She didn't seem too put off by the event, despite the description. "Made the spirits kinda annoying for a while." She paused thoughtfully. "Suika might be around here too, though last I heard she was bothering that celestial. Or was the poverty god bothering her?" Yuugi shrugged. "Oh, and there's Satori in the Palace of Earth Spirits. Doesn't keep good track of her pets." 

Youkai Mountain

Osada reared back for a headbutt, only to discover just how much faster Momiji was than him. One, two, three swift strokes, the third coming almost on top of the second, and he was sent sprawling to the ground.  "Well, uh, I haven't seen that style of swordsmanship in a long time, but I think you've got some work to do." The wolf tengu tilted her head slightly.  "You look familiar. . . I don't think you're totally hopeless, though. You should bother Chichimura, she likes talking at people and telling them everything they're doing wrong." She flashed a toothy grin for a moment.  "Anyway, I've got a shogi game to get back to, so unless you need anything else. . . ?"

"Yeah, she's kinda been working hard lately. And, you know, the way some people talk about her, it gets kinda bad." Uncharacteristically serious, she put one hand over her heart. "You have my word that I won't say anything." She raised one eyebrow. "I still want whatever that reward is, though."

"Yeah, that's Satori's little sister." The catgirl sighed. "She's certainly something." Her voice held a definite note of sorrow. "I even forgot she existed for a long time. It's good that a stranger remembered her, though. Maybe she's coming back?"