[IC] TotMV:G^2: Touhou: Twilight of Paradise Butterfly

Chevaleresse

"You make 'residents' sound terribly shady.  And you did just admit to being an interdimensional thief.  After breaking into my home, no less."   Not that any of this seemed to particularly concern her, at this point.  Masako waved her hand dismissively.  "Well, it hardly matters.  Come downstairs whenever you're ready and I'll have a drink for you."

And with that, the tengu walked back and flew off down to the lower floor.  Her voice rose back to the two upstairs as she poured out another cup and settled herself at the table.  "Oh, and Low-san.  The climbing was admittedly very impressive, but could you fly down this time?  It looks like you knocked a few things off the walls, and I'd rather not have to pick more of it up." 

Isobel Low

"Actually, while Masako is local to this place, I'm pretty sure that she's been inducted into the team. When we were all summoned, she was too, and she's essentially acted as a member of the group. I swear she's only this bad around..." Isobel sighed and visibly deflated a bit. "...half the time." She swept her hair away from her forehead, wincing a bit at how gross that kind of felt. "Let me tell you, though... this world has been driving me absolutely batty. The place is colorful but that means it's got colorful characters too, so to speak... I've been getting battered left and right, nearly jumped by a vampire, and then I also had to deal with Masako there being nutty and one of the other group members here just being..." Isobel paused for a moment to find the right words to describe her interactions with Rory. "a big, big, big, big, bitch. I'm really glad it's... mostly calmed down, haha."

And then Isobel heard Masako's voice wafting up from downstairs. Oh, that was right, wasn't it? Somehow, Isobel kept forgetting some of the powers she'd been granted here. Everyone could fly. "Oh, I could have just flown up here, huh." She looked down at the wall where she'd made her rapid, exhausting ascent, took her bandana off (letting her wet hair cascade downward), put a dry part of it against her mouth, and then screamed into it.

LOTUS

For the first time in a while, LOTUS spoke up, transforming into fairy form to flutter up to near IP. "I hope that was informative, Instructor Prototype." She turned to address IP's temporary sparring partner, now. "I do have a question I would remiss not to ask - you seem quite familiar with this place. How often should we expect to have to deal with hostile beings, whether minor or major threats, whenever we just keep to our own plot of land or aren't around?" 

Osada

Shortly before Masako flew back down to the floor Osada was still on, the wandering swordsman had taken his spot back at the table, pouring yet another drink as he looked up at his current host, raising an eyebrow at the mention of 'flying', "Huh, I completely forgot that the girl could fly as well. I take it she's not used to it yet?" he questioned, drinking from his cup once more, right before shaking his head, "Regardless, it's good to see things have settled down. It would be rude of me to drink all of this sake by my lonesome."

Dani and Joan

The meister narrows their eyes, followed by said eyes... getting "brighter" as if there was more life to them somehow. After a few moments, the meister relaxes and sighs. "Well, you don't seem to be lying; or if you are you've fooled me. Nah, I'm one hundred percent currently. Name's Dani, DWMA Meister in Training. Here on orders from Lord Death himself.... Not that I imagine any of that means much given I'm clearly not home..." Dani rubs his chin for a few moments before shrugging. "Anyway, like I said, I gotta get to that village to meet someone. I don't mind the extra company if you wanna come along I suppose, beats the hell out of listening to Joan's bored song again." Dani shakes the gun a little, to indicate who he's talking about.

Masako's House

"Hey hey hey hold up. I didn't admit to being a thief. I give things back when asked as long as people don't come at me with torches and pitchforks." Marisa folded her arms. "And look, I know my way around supernatural creatures. I didn't just want to call you a demon right off the bat because of all the multiverse rules, plus the fact that you haven't eaten my girlfriend's face yet, but you're definitely a similar sort of entity." Her expression set itself into a small pout. "I didn't break in, either, I just took an entrance you can't." She looked as if she were about to continue arguing with the tengu, but Isobel's actions were hard to not notice.

She walked over and put a hand on the other shoulder. "Hey, We can relax and unwind a bit now, right? I don't know half the nonsense you got up to, but at least I'm here for. Um. Stuff." She glanced sideways at nothing in particular. "Now let's go get hammered. I need to forget that last expedition, ugh."

Muenzuka

"You're traveling with a tsukumogami?" The youkai seemed to have completely disregarded everything he said, instead focusing in on Joan. "A human and a youkai traveling together, isn't that strange?" She continued to drift and rotate in midair slowly as she spoke; it wasn't clear whether she was aware of it or not. Her hair moved, except for the portion held by the ribbon on her head; that stayed deathly still. 

Dani and Joan

The meister looked thoughtful for a minute as he released his grip on Joan, the gun staying in midair for a second before returning to a human form. Joan gives a little curtsey as Dani speaks. "Well, not exactly a tsukumogami. She's a demon weapon, a... well person that can transform into a weapon. As for it being weird for us to travel together... well she's my partner in battle and my best friend. Or more than that, she's quite literally my soul mate, apologies for the sappy wording." It's clear that it's directed more towards Joan as she pretends to gag, before speaking for herself. "What Dani means to say is that you're probably right when you're talking about it in regards to this place, but where we're from we were training to be death's own hitmen! ... Which is weird I suppose, but some people just really need to go you know?" Joan shrugs, apparently losing a bit of steam as she thinks about it.

The Streets of a Former Hell

"Hell isn't a great place to hang out in, but I saw your little entrance over there. Even the evil spirits are smart enough not to mess with the gap hag." Yuugi thinks for a moment, placing her fingers on her chin. "Most of the oni aren't fans of humans - gee, wonder why - but they won't bother you if you don't bother them. And maybe if you're not an asshole, you could even makes a few friends."

Muenzuka

"So you're shinigami. Or, working for shinigami. And Joan is a human turned into a youkai?" At this point, she's completely upside down. "Well, I'm not a hermit, so you won't bother me." She drifts a bit further, vanishing from view for a moment as the orb ceases covering them. It takes a few seconds for her to realize this happened and start to float forward instead. "Don't tell the red-white one. She might hit you on the head. Or do." She looked at Dani for a moment, but said nothing further.

Dani and Joan

Dani thinks for a moment before finally shrugging. "Pretty much, though it's more a youkai that was turned into a different kind. Demon weapons come from demons... Though I don't think they ever told us how. I should look that up when I get back home...." He thinks for a few more moments before shrugging. "Well, like I said, we have to get going. It was nice talking to you." Joan nods, waiting for the two to finish exchanging pleasantries before leaving the unnamed youkai.

Rory - Former Hell Base

With the lack of happenings, Rory had gotten bored. Having exhausted his supply of blankets to make pitfall traps with (there was only one that he found) he decides to go look for someplace that isn't a subterranean village... didn't they mention a human village? Perfect, he could for sure could find something to do there! And so with his boredom temporarily abated, he set out for the human village.