Fire Emblem On Forums: Mortal Transgressions (IC)

RedMageCole

Mim hesitated for a long second and then gave him a quick hug.

xd8DcZF.png

"I believe in you. And so does everyone else here, I'm sure. And it's not like you'll be alone. Virtuous will still be your family. And I'm sure there would be people here who would go with you if you asked. Like Baldur. Or... Justine."

Mim's hug was appreciated— and even for a brief moment if Mim gave him enough time, reciprocated.

31xFENX.png

"...Thank you..." Arthur's eyes got a bit watery for a moment, but he managed to hold it back. "...I'm happy to have all of you as my family... I will try not to worry about the future, at least just for now."

Mim let the hug continue. It was nice. Arthur felt so comforting in that moment. She could have stayed there forever... But she knew she couldn't. After a long moment, she finally pushed back slightly, looking up at him with a smile.

xd8DcZF.png

"For now, all we can do is live in the moment, right? You'll be great, I promise. And you'll have all of us with you. Even me. I promise."

She hesitated, a small blush creeping up onto her cheeks, and then she quickly stood up on her very tip toes and kissed Crimson on the cheek.

xd8DcZF.png

"T-there. For good luck. And to remind you that you've got a better family than the one you were born with."

The blush now a bright red and fully covering her cheeks, she started to turn around, hoping that he wouldn't stop her.

Arthur was happy to stay with the hug until Mim pushed back, a little smile coming across his face as well. He gave a gentle nod in response to her, more than content with how everything went... until Mim's kiss immediately snapped his gentle smile into a face unable to comprehend how flustered he could possibly get in that moment, freezing up completely. It certainly wasn't the first time Mim had kissed him, but he had forgotten the feeling— it was obvious he didn't mind, though.

bsmoyLn.png

"..." He managed to come up with the words just before Mim turned and left. "...Th... th-th... thank you..."

He didn't stop her— opting to turn around and gently pat himself on the forehead a bunch of times while looking at the ground; an extremely strange ritual that only a male who had no idea what to do after suddenly being kissed would undertake.

Spoiler

"General...... correct? It's nice to meet a friend of my Uncle, I'm Godiva Coventry."
"Uncle?... State your business."
"Yes...... I'm here to represent my family in the war by assisting in your operations, mainly through healing the wounded. Additionally, I have this letter here that I was asked to give to you. I didn't read it, but it was made to sound important."
"......Hmph. I'll believe that when I see it."

"...Of course you'd be the real deal... Alright, listen to me. War is terrifying. There will be war-torn battlefields and injuries you may not even be able to heal. The living conditions will be poor and you may not get out of it alive... Are you still fine with that?"
"I understand, and I'm fine with it. I know the risks of being on the front lines... But if I can do my part to help the Kingdom, I'll gladly do it."
"..."

"A lot of my men will scoff at a noblewoman being in the war, but if you understand the risks then that is ultimately your choice. We'll be attacking in a few hours— I can guide you until then."
"Oh, so that was the reason some of the men looked at me funny when I was coming through. Thank you though, General...... I won't let you down."
"Indeed it would be... Let's go."

Chapter 5

Bloodied Fortress Andromeda

Y9Iefml.png

The numbers of Virtuous begin to wane as tensions in the world increase to a boiling point.
With the civil unrest in Ulux due to their king being missing, Tabitha and Cecily both accompanied the dancer Emelia back to their homeland to help with the kingdom's reconstruction; all three of them hoping to make it a better place for everyone in the otherwise-hopeless kingdom.
Reiko, on the other hand, fled to Ria to gather information about her father's sword. With the advent of war, there is no telling how Reiko is doing... all the group could do was pray for her safety.

On a diplomatic ship bound for Ria, Virtuous acted as a stowaway. There, Kane prepared to take the group to a nearby fortress to witness the battle firsthand...

The group split off from Albert and the rest of the diplomatic convoy early on to go their separate ways, and Simeon and Sid also made sure to split off to find a decent campsite in the forest. The sounds of shouting and clashing of metal were heard well before the actual battle came into view as the party trudged through the icy wastelands of Ria. On Kane's signal, everyone was able to find a vantage point in the forests to hide out and see the battle over the river. Kane was able to speak over the battle without much worry about interruption.

R4GYqAt.png

"Here's my plan— there is a small fort just by the border known as 'Fort Andromeda'. Apparently, that is where the topmost soldiers of Ria will be residing during this battle... However, in the nighttime, they will be returning back to the castle. Obviously if that happens, combined with the guards already in the castle combined with the King and Queen who are no pushovers when it comes to combat, we're practically jumping into a suicide mission. Here... It will be exceedingly difficult, but we will be fine. However... a lot of our success depends on Perus's success in this battle."

The battle continued to clash— Ria's side was led by a man clad from head to toe in heavy armor, attacks bouncing off of him like they were nothing.

vFoNUxk.png

"Har, har, har! Come, you stupid Perusian dogs! I vill tear you asunder like the scrawny manchildren you are!"

The heavily armored man whipped out a spear, blazing with a magical inferno, and hurled it into the fray. It looked similar to a comet as it barreled through the front line warriors, and equally so as it came right back into the man's hand before he let out another hearty laugh.

1xsI4aP.png

"Hm... Sergeant Ivan Ivanovich is in the fray? I could have sworn he'd have retired by now, the man is somewhat of a legend in Rian military... Hmph."

R4GYqAt.png

"Legendary or not, this battle might actually go in our favor." Kane had a bit of confidence as he overlooked the battle; though Ivan was tearing through his opponents, they began to take advantage of his heavy armor versus their horses to maneuver around him and take on the easier folks. "Though I detest Perus, they clearly have the upper hand... Why does Ria's military not have many horseback riders...?"

1xsI4aP.png

"...You're about to find out... You better have a lot of confidence in us getting to that fort."

vFoNUxk.png

"Oh? You charge past me, cowards!? Typical Perusian tactics! Vell then, I look forward to seeing how you take on the general himself! Gwahahahaha! Someone tell that noble girl to get back and vatch the fun!"

The soldiers parted a small line in their defenses. From the vantage point, Virtuous could see a single man approaching through the line, a woman on horseback with a staff right behind him.

"Coventry, get back to the fortress and make preparations to treat the wounded. This battle is over."

The man silently came to the front, as he drew his sword. It was impossibly large— a sword made for crushing amplified to an unreasonably large size. And yet, the man seemed to have little difficulty with controlling it. Even from above, the man radiated the aura of a killer.

1xsI4aP.png

"Ruslan's lapdog. I wish that was all I could say about him, but he's not favored by Ruslan for no reason... General Siegmund Richter, the man who spills the blood of his enemies and doesn't leave a single drop himself."

LWABonL.png

"On my command, I will destroy you swiftly... BELLEROPHON!"

In an instant, Siegmund threw his sword into the air with a burst of dark energy coming off of it that seemed to black out the daylight that only had a few more hours left to live in the day. With a single swing, the chained sword smashed itself into the ground, a burst of dark magic and an earthquake stumbled the footing and cleaved through the front of the Perusian army. With a single jerk of his wrist, the blade flew into the air and dared to hit his own Rian army— yet it was only a single swiping motion that changed its trajectory completely to bowl over the Perusian army without any mercy. Screams pierced the air as the mounted units were completely torn asunder, unable to dodge the blade's sweeping motion like some of the more fortunate foot soldiers were able to. The dark magic began to wane, as Siegmund pulled his sword back to his hand and dug the tip of the blade into the ground.

In a moment, a man with another large sword came to the forefront of the Perusian army.

"You are a fiend of dark magic, thinking that you can just cut down my men like that! Now you face Gideon, hero and champion of Perus! Your cursed sword won't—"

LWABonL.png

"You Perusians only know one thing, and that is how to run your mouths. You only face me now that half of your army is wiped out? You're pathetic."

Before Gideon could have a chance to retort, his sword seemed to be moving of its own accord, the same time as Siegmund's free hand glowed with another dark energy.

"Wh-whuh!? My sword-!? Hey! What the hell is-"

"Begone."

With Gideon completely unable to do anything, a spike of dark energy emerged from Siegmund's hand, piercing him through the chest. He coughed up a great deal of blood, holding there and shaking, unable to do anything... and Siegmund allowed him to stay there until he went completely limp— only then did he retract the spike. That was enough to call a retreat from the Perusian army.

LWABonL.png

"Hmph... They kill as much as they please, but then they turn tail at the very last second... that is what differentiates them from us." Siegmund turned to his men, beginning to walk back the way he came. "We make our way to Andromeda and tend to our wounds. We'll return to the castle before nightfall— His Majesty would like to know the results of our first battle."

vFoNUxk.png

"Bwahahaha! And they say this man doesn't know how to fight compared to me! The new generation is truly a sight to behold!"

The clanging of armor was all that could be heard as the Rian army dispersed. Kane looked significantly more frustrated, and Lucy was quite literally quaking in her boots.

1xsI4aP.png

"Well? You still want to storm that fortress?"

Pbz8cIA.png

"..." Kane still looked like he wanted to say yes, but a lump was getting stuck in his throat.

Godiva may post!

When it came down to it... Godiva truly didn't know the real levels of war and death that she would witness taking up this burden for her family. In a way, it felt like the General was deliberately making a point, an example to test her spirit. He had certainly been accommodating enough once she had arrived, but now, staring as he tore apart the opposing army with nothing more than a flick of the wrist, it felt like watching a different person. She had been hesitant to ride back to the fort, partly out of a sense that an extra weapon fighting for them would be better than one waiting for them to return, but it was painfully obvious that hers didn't matter much next to the General's power.

NotHaru_Closed_Eyes.png

"..."

Still, though she initially bared a look of shock and horror, Godiva simply ended up closing her eyes, letting out a deep breath and bringing a closed hand to her mouth. Though they was a mixture of allies and enemies, Godiva offered a whispered prayer to those who would never return home. 

Then, after offering her words to the departing souls, Godiva turned her horse around, riding off back to the fort, as she was ordered to. She had a bit of prep work to do before they made their way back to the castle.

For much of their journey, he has not complained. After all, despite his personal opinions, it was not his place to in the moment. But as they drew close to the border of Ria and Perus, countries now thrown into the full throttle of war — as though what they'd seen weeks ago at Castle Ceda was nothing by comparison — he couldn't tamp down the rising sense of unrest any longer.

ferdiad_talk_frown.png

"Kane. I would speak with you."

They haven't talked since the incident with Death and Ferdiad's reappearance in that forest glade, not past necessity and basic courtesy, as though whatever tenuous potential there had been for renewal had been stretched too thin by the group's decision to harbor Pestilence — Lucy — it didn't matter what they called her.

Kane had been a dear friend to him. It was to honor that bond that he agreed to fight alongside Virtuous towards what he believed was their common goal, even if he was not strictly speaking one of them anymore. But friends did not undermine their vows to each other. Keeping one of the so-called Icons of Sin in their own ranks? He leads him some steps away from the rest of the group, where they won't be overheard, and addresses him as a stranger might.

ferdiad_frown_talking.png

"I would ask you to tell me why we are here. I understand the task Her Majesty gave you, but I can't ignore it any longer. You told me that we sought the same end, Virtuous and I. The end of the Icons of Sin. And yet she is here; you know who I mean. Why am I still fighting alongside you if we no longer share that goal? While we search for the relics, that monster could be sinking his poisoned arrows into another king as we speak."

Siegmund noted Godiva's troubled expression. However, he said nothing in response— this was war and it was a reality she would have to accept.

—————

Kane allowed himself to be excused for a moment. Reluctance spread across his face for a moment— he was still having some difficulty with this decision, but this matter had to be attended to now. Arthur gave a little shrug as he went away.

He listened— that pondering and troubled expression not leaving him throughout Ferdiad's questioning.

Pbz8cIA.png

"I understand your concerns— however, Pestilence has given us one critical piece of information. The Icons of Sin work with Perus; not just with Perus, but the very King himself despite many not even knowing the King exists. Pestilence showed it to us— she has a broken form of Perus's Mark, and insists that Death has the true Mark and is the true Prince of Perus. Considering this war, there is an exceedingly likely chance that we will run into the Icons of Sin; especially if we go to the castle. As you say, Death could be sinking his poisoned arrows into another king. However, I am absolutely certain that that next king will be Ruslan. Death is not the type to wait— we might even meet with him tonight. As for Pestilence... She has advocated for her brother's crimes, but her role in the Icons is admittedly unclear. At the very least... if we run into the Icons of Sin, we can see how willing she is to go against her own brother."

—————

eX0OmIR.png

"..." Lucy certainly picked up a few things from her brother, and stealth was one of those things. However, while she was definitely able to keep herself hidden from Kane and Ferdiad, it was clear to the group as she crawled out of the woods that she had been peeping. "...I... needed a... moment." She was good at stealth, but not good at lying. The pain on her face was evident, even past her cloak.

Unaware that they had been overheard, Ferdiad frowns as Kane recounts the information Pestilence had apparently told them. He surmises that this had been revealed before he had walked into the kitchen that day. But his expression visibly changes once he hears of the mark, and of Death's apparent status.

The blood of the Lion...?

He feels the ground fall away under his feet again. It seems that's been happening a lot lately. More than usual. It takes several seconds for him to recollect his bearings, enough that whatever protest he'd prepared — that Pestilence is likely a spy, parading among their ranks and sending information back to the others — dies away, even without the assurance that they would meet the Icons of Sin sooner than he thought, or that Kane may be able to predict their movements.

ferdiad_frown_talking.png

"The true prince...? But that's impossible..."

Royalty would do this? Stoop to such wretchedness?

It's all lies and deception, he wants to insist. Pestilence had fashioned something to trick them — with magic, maybe. Wasn't she skilled with that? Or maybe Kane was lying to him. No, he wouldn't... ( But wouldn't he? Hadn't he already? ) He wouldn't. Kane was not a deceitful man.

ferdiad_talking_doneface.png

"... If we find him and the other three, I must kill them, or die in the attempt." He sounds nothing but resolute, but his eyes don't meet Kane's. "I'll accept no other recourse. If you or the others try to stop me again, I'll have no choice but to consider you an enemy of my purpose."

Kane only could nod slowly in response.

UWNaAxC.png

"Unfortunately, it is the truth... If you wished to confirm for yourself, I'm certain Pestilence would not have any qualms with doing so in order to prove herself." Kane listened further to Ferdiad, and nodded. "With Death how he is, and learning Famine's true identity as a serial poisoner around Perus, plus War's unwavering loyalty— I can assure you that none of us will attempt to stop you. We will not accept any further defects from them."

Famine, a serial poisoner... It seems he's missed much. Though it is true he has been keeping his distance of late; even he can't deny that it's simply a natural consequence of the space he's kept, assigning himself regular patrols of the area, anything to remove himself from the others as long and often as he can. There was a time he would have known anything the moment Kane did. But was it not himself who had made the decision to step away? It is not his place to be saddened.

The most stalwart and honorable among us. Is that what Justine had called him?

ferdiad_talking_doneface.png

"... Then that is settled."

[Sometime in the past]

ZrhCaCU.png
"Oh! Thank you, Baldur... hmm" Shin takes up the cloak and runs his hands through it. "This.. is really good.. thank you." He spares no time before putting it on.

yTAsyw8.png
"It's.. perfect. Again.. thank you Baldur." He runs his hands through the cloak still, until his fingers happen upon a rough patch along one of the edges. "Oh hey.. what's this part?" Upon taking a closer look... It seems to be some very faintly embroidered letters ..C.. S. "H..huh.."

0yKxz4K.png

"Well, I'm glad it turned out at least somewhat good. You better not loose or mess of that new clip either, I'm not getting you another one. Though knowing you..." Taking notice of what Shin stumbled onto, the butler follows up.

qxjEVEp.png

"Yea... about that. I found those letter sewed on as I was fixing it. Do those letters hold any special meaning to you at all?"

With only a nod of understanding to Ferdiad, Kane returned to the group, still mulling over the choice. Arthur looked at him quite curiously and Lucy did her best to avoid eye contact with anyone.

Pbz8cIA.png

"...We're going to Fort Andromeda."

Arthur simply shrugged.

—————

ILV2a34.png

A light snowfall surrounded the area, which provided optimal cover as the group was able to hurry up to the front door. There were no guards around it, but it seemed a patrol route would be coming this way quite quickly.

R4GYqAt.png

"We have a few options here. We can kick down the door and go in guns blazing— not my style, but if the rest of you think that's what we should do then that's what we should do. Otherwise, we have the option of a pincer attack at the side doors, or focusing all of our forces down one side of the building. Each choice has its pros and cons— but let's all make our decision quickly."

Meanwhile, within the fortress...

"I'm just sayin', what if we get attacked!? Like, right now by Perusian—"

LWABonL.png

"You are forgetting my dark magic, Karl. The second any Perusian idiots take so much as a breath within this fortress, they will fall under my eyes of death. Killing them then would be a cinch for Ivan and the rest of the guards. For now, we focus on making sure that the rest of the troops are healed."

Soldiers were being tended to by Godiva in the barracks upstairs. At that time, Godiva was finished and able to head downstairs upon Siegmund's request.

"Those soldiers will be in your debt. However, if you wish to walk away, I will allow you to house here for a while and focus on healing, then put in a good word for your uncle that you worked honestly once this war is over."

"What the heck, boss!?"
"You're just gonna let that noble chick walk all over ya!? You're better than—"

LWABonL.png

"I'm sorry, I was under the impression that I was appointed General, foolish as that decision may have been. But please go ahead and tell me about how I am better enough to force a noblewoman to kill when there is no desire. When you've killed as much as I, you know better than anyone else to not force someone to kill if they do not have the stomach for it. I've killed over fifty today— how many have the two of you killed combined, today? Go on, I'm waiting. Aleksandr? Karl?"

"..."
"..."

"Exactly what I thought. Now get back on patrol."

TURN 1

Player Phase

Objective: Defeat the boss!

TiuI2J3.png

EXP: (0/100)

Stats

Spoiler

Players

Kane (HP: 27/27) - Glue Pack (E) (29/35) | Plague Dart (30/30) | Lust (40/40) | Relic of Ulux (E) | Lockpick (5/15)

Baldur (HP: 24/24) - Tenderizer (E) (23/40) | Heal (30/30) | Shove (22/30) | Rescue (25/25) | Vulnerary (3/3)

Ferdiad (HP: 35/35) - Slim Lance (E) (38/40) | Iron Blade (39/40) | Steel Javelin (22/35) | Heavy Lance (35/35) | Vulnerary (3/3)

Fey (HP: 29/29) - Hatchet (E) (25/40) | Short Axe (30/30) | Hammer (34/35) | Bolas (40/40) | Vulnerary (3/3)

Justine (HP: 28/28) - Joyeuse (E) (36/40) | Steel Sword (24/35) | Artemis' Song (30/30) | Vulnerary (3/3)

Lenore (HP: 27/27) - Iron Knife (E) (29/40) | Silencer (28/30) | Vulnerary (3/3) | Lockpick (6/15)

Lizaveta (HP: 26/26) - Wind (E) (34/40) | Worm (26/40) | Thunder (40/40) | Vulnerary (3/3)
Lysander (HP: 25/25) - Wind (E) (17/40) | Icicle Shower (32/35) | Blizzard (5/5) | Vulnerary (3/3)

Mim (HP: 24/24) - Training Bow (E) (36/40) | Steel Greatbow (13/35) | Poking Stick (40/40) | Vulnerary (3/3)

Shin (HP: 27/27) - Iron Longbow (E) (31/40) | Training Bow (32/40) | Silver Longbow (30/30) | Vulnerary (3/3)

Arthur (HP: 27/27) - Fire (E) (27/40) | Wind (32/40) | Sacred Fire (35/35) | Vulnerary (3/3)

Lucy (HP: 21/21) - Celestial Armor (E) (35/35) | Warding Lute (25/25) | Vulnerary (3/3)

Allies

Godiva (HP: 22/22) - Steel Mace (E) (35/35) | Heal (30/30) | Barrier (25/25) | Vulnerary (3/3)

Enemies

Archer A (HP: 31/31) - Silver Longbow (E) (30/30)

Archer B (HP: 31/31) - Silver Longbow (E) (30/30)

Archer C (HP: 31/31) - Silver Longbow (E) (30/30)

Archer D (HP: 31/31) - Silver Longbow (E) (30/30)

Ascetic A (HP: 33/33) - Sacred Steel (E) (30/30)

Ascetic B (HP: 33/33) - Sacred Steel (E) (30/30)

Ascetic C (HP: 33/33) - Sacred Steel (E) (30/30)

Ascetic D (HP: 33/33) - Sacred Steel (E) (30/30)

Axe Cavalier A (HP: 32/32) - Silver Axe (E) (30/30) | Steel Pilum (30/30) | Door Key x1

Axe Cavalier B (HP: 32/32) - Silver Axe (E) (30/30) | Steel Pilum (30/30)

Cavalier A (HP: 32/32) - Silver Javelin (E) (30/30) | Silver Rapier (30/30) | Door Key x1

Cavalier B (HP: 32/32) - Silver Javelin (E) (30/30) | Silver Rapier (30/30)

Fighter A (HP: 37/37) - Killer Axe (E) (30/30) | Tonic (5/5)

Fighter B (HP: 37/37) - Killer Axe (E) (30/30) | Tonic (5/5)

Axe Knight A (HP: 34/34) - Silver Axe (E) (30/30)

Axe Knight B (HP: 34/34) - Silver Axe (E) (30/30)

Axe Knight C (HP: 34/34) - Silver Axe (E) (30/30)

Lance Knight A (HP: 34/34) - Silver Lance (E) (30/30)

Lance Knight B (HP: 34/34) - Silver Lance (E) (30/30)

Lance Knight C (HP: 34/34) - Silver Lance (E) (30/30)

Lance Knight D (HP: 34/34) - Silver Lance (E) (30/30)

Sword Knight A (HP: 34/34) - Silver Blade (E) (30/30)

Sword Knight B (HP: 34/34) - Silver Blade (E) (30/30)

Sword Knight C (HP: 34/34) - Silver Blade (E) (30/30)

Mage A (HP: 27/27) - Arcfire (E) (30/30) | Arcwind (30/30)

Mage B (HP: 27/27) - Arcfire (E) (30/30) | Arcwind (30/30)

Mage C (HP: 27/27) - Arcfire (E) (30/30) | Arcwind (30/30)

Mage D (HP: 27/27) - Arcfire (E) (30/30) | Arcwind (30/30)

Nomad A (HP: 26/26) - Silver Greatbow (E) (30/30)

Nomad B (HP: 26/26) - Silver Greatbow (E) (30/30)

Nomad C (HP: 26/26) - Silver Greatbow (E) (30/30)

Nomad D (HP: 26/26) - Silver Greatbow (E) (30/30)

Pegasus Rider A (HP: 26/26) - Silver Sword (E) (30/30)

Pegasus Rider B (HP: 26/26) - Silver Sword (E) (30/30)

Pegasus Rider C (HP: 26/26) - Silver Sword (E) (30/30)

Priest A (HP: 25/25) - Heal (E) (30/30) | Poison (20/20)

Priest B (HP: 25/25) - Heal (E) (30/30) | Poison (20/20)

Shaman A (HP: 28/28) - Sin (E) (30/30)

Shaman B (HP: 28/28) - Sin (E) (30/30)

Shaman C (HP: 28/28) - Sin (E) (30/30)

Shaman D (HP: 28/28) - Sin (E) (30/30)

Soldier A (HP: 33/33) - Silver Halberd (E) (30/30)

Soldier B (HP: 33/33) - Silver Halberd (E) (30/30)

Soldier C (HP: 33/33) - Silver Halberd (E) (30/30)

Soldier D (HP: 33/33) - Silver Halberd (E) (30/30)

Spy A (HP: 29/29) - Silver Bow (E) (30/30) | Silver Dagger (30/30) | Lockpick x2

Spy B (HP: 29/29) - Silver Bow (E) (30/30) | Silver Dagger (30/30)

Spy C (HP: 29/29) - Silver Bow (E) (30/30) | Silver Dagger (30/30) | Lockpick x2

Spy D (HP: 29/29) - Silver Bow (E) (30/30) | Silver Dagger (30/30)

Wyvern Rider A (HP: 34/34) - Silver Mace (E) (30/30)

Wyvern Rider B (HP: 34/34) - Silver Mace (E) (30/30)

Wyvern Rider C (HP: 34/34) - Silver Mace (E) (30/30)

Ivan (HP: 40/40) - Flame Thrower (E) (25/25) | Silver Hand (30/30) | Vulnerary (3/3) | Heavy Gauntlet (1/1)

Siegmund (HP: 38/38) - Bellerophon (E) (--/--) | Pandemonium (--/--) | Light Brand (30/30)

Ferdiad was not the only one who had been distant from the group recently. Lizaveta had spent most of her time at the beach far away from everyone, sitting against a tree and sort of just staring out at the water and going through her thoughts. She felt... almost as if she were being pulled in half. She kept finding pleasure in darker and darker and darker things... she'd enjoyed killing a lot of the lecher-king's guards, she'd enjoyed killing the members of the army of Gul, and she'd wanted Darcy dead so, so so very badly, it had ached. She'd toyed with Ferdiad just to grasp at an advantage, with little regard for Pestilence herself. And another part of her reacted with fear and confusion every time. Why did she react to the things she did the way she did? Why was it that she couldn't seem to stop? Always, she kept sitting here feeling sorry for herself, but it never changed, did it? Always, when the next thing came along that fit into her motivations, that that dark part of her wanted to enjoy... she did.

And this battle was no exception. Ivan Ivanovich carved through the damned Perusians, the scumsucking bastards reduced to going around him because they couldn't handle his might, for all their arrogance, all their money, all their pride, all their continental power. And then their army was torn to pieces in one sweeping blow, a tidal wave of blood. Finally, they were getting what was fucking coming for them. They couldn't step on the world forever and avoid retribution. Oh, they thought they did, they thought they did, but now they were getting taught the fuck otherwise, weren't they? She almost felt bad for trying to raid the Rian castle, but of course Ruslan was a fucking monarch like the rest of them, and his hands were drenched in blood, blood less guilty than the organs and flesh and limbs and dead that littered that battlefield--

Lizaveta had held her arm to her mouth for most of the past few hours, continually hiding a smile that threatened to form, continually holding in the vomit that threatened to come. Smile? Vomit? Which... both, maybe, maybe it was both.

She swallowed heavily.
gnYwvAF.png

"I'd be for going straight in, personally. We aren't going to have that much time before they call reinforcements in, since they're already a traveling army and might be prepared for attacks on their camp."

K22, equip Worm.

XT3ACY9.png

Baldur clenched his fist in anger and disgust. Such a massacre, such a waste of human life. Pointless. Of all it. Pointless. Both rulers want nothing more than to expand their power using whatever means necessary, even at the expense of the people under them. Both disgusting creatures unfit to hold the throne.  "Do you honestly think our rag tag group is able to face a small well-armed army? We should clear the area of all nearby troops then go around the side. The more we take advantage of our element of surprise to get closer to that shadow master, the less we have to deal with his trickery."

Lucy to L22
Baldur to G22

ferdiad_neutral_eyes_closed.png

As ever, the battlefield is a place of repose, in the most unorthodox sense. Once enemies are ahead, allies — or, at least, those he must protect — behind, and spear in hand, there is no room for doubts. Give into his thoughts, and he would not be thinking for much longer. Still, as sky blues scan the fortress walls, he reflects back to the dark-haired man from the earlier spectacle, re-envisions the way his blade had mowed down a dozen in a single stroke. The fact that his strike had targeted largely horsemen hadn't escaped Ferdiad's notice. So General Ivanovich had been superseded since he had left Ceda, something he would have once heard word of swiftly.

The world still moves.

L23, equip Steel Javelin.

Kane to K23, equip Plague Dart.

Automated Movement

Shin to G23, equip Silver Longbow

Arthur moves again!

Enemy Phase

Lance Knight A to O22

Axe Knight B to E22

Axe Knight A to D23

Lance Knight B to P23

Nomad C to P22, canto to R21

Nomad D to P22, canto to R22

Shaman A to P22

Shaman B to Q22

Nomad B to D22, canto to B21

Nomad A to D22, canto to B22

Mage A to C22, equip Arcwind

Mage B to D22

As the knights began to turn the corner, they looked alarmed.

"Hey, what the hell!?"
"Intruders!"

The knights hurried in, armor clanking as they both rush in to attack Fey and Arthur from the sides in a synchronized attack. Fey manages to swiftly dodge the hit; Arthur would have gotten hit with an axe had Justine not made a very subtle yet effective impression on the knight just in time for him to get distracted and miss completely, cursing himself.

Spoiler

Fey has first impressions! +15 Hit!

Fey is supported by Mim! +7 Evasion, +5 Crit/Dodge!

Fey is affected by Lizaveta's Charisma! +10 Hit/Evasion!

Lance Knight A is armored! +3 DR!

Lance Knight A:

AT: 26 - 1 - 8 = 17

Hit: 90 - 7 - 10 - 15 - 28 = 40

Crit: 4 - 5 = 0

Fey: (Short Axe)

AT: 24 + 1 - 3 - 17 = 5

Hit: 98 + 15 + 10 + 15 - 20 = 118

Crit: 5 + 5 - 4 = 6

Lance Knight A attacks! 81, miss!

Fey counterattacks! Autohit! 44, no crit.

Lance Knight A takes 5 damage!

Spoiler

Arthur is supported by Justine! +1 DMG/DR, +7 Hit/Evasion, +10 Crit/Dodge!

Arthur has determined rage! +10 Crit!

Arthur's Sacred Fire grants him +3 DEF!

Axe Knight B is armored! +2 DR!

Axe Knight B is affected by Justine's Daunt! -5 Hit/Evasion/Crit!

Axe Knight B:

AT: 28 - 13 - 1 - 3 = 11

Hit: 85 - 24 - 7 - 5 = 49

Crit: 4 - 10 = 0

Arthur: (Sacred Fire)

AT: 20 - 6 - 2 + 1 = 13

Hit: 118 - 18 + 7 + 5 = 112

Crit: 9 - 4 + 10 + 10 = 25

Axe Knight B attacks! 53, miss!

Arthur counterattacks! Autohit! 85, no crit.

Axe Knight B takes 13 damage! Arthur gains 6 HP of shielding!

Alerted, the rest of the troop moves in with Arthur and Fey bracing themselves for further attack. As the second Knights on each side move in to hold the line, the pair of Nomads both move in on Fey with a yell, both firing arrows as they perform their hit and run tactics. The first Nomad does a pathetic job of doing anything as he yells in fear of the axe and retreats too early— at least getting out of there in time. The second Nomad that charges in does manage to nab Fey with one arrow, but gets hit back for his troubles.

Spoiler

Fey is not a pirate... Honest. -2 DMG!

Fey is in forest terrain! +1 DR, +15 Evasion!

Nomad C :

AT: 24 - 8 - 1 = 15

Hit: 107 - 28 - 7 - 15 - 10 = 47

Crit: 8 - 8 = 0

AT: 24 - 9 - 2 = 13

Hit: 98 - 39 + 15 + 10 = 84

Crit: 5 - 7 + 5 = 3

Aegis: 20%

Nomad C attacks! 97, miss!

Fey counterattacks! 92, miss!

Nomad C follows up! 64, miss!

Spoiler

Nomad D :

AT: 24 - 8 - 1 = 15

Hit: 107 - 28 - 7 - 15 - 10 = 47

Crit: 8 - 8 = 0

AT: 24 - 9 - 2 = 13

Hit: 98 - 39 + 15 + 10 = 84

Crit: 5 - 7 + 5 = 3

Nomad D attacks! 52, miss!

Fey counterattacks! 19, hit! 58, no crit.

Nomad D takes 13 damage!

Nomad D follows up! 39, hit! 33, no Aegis.

Fey takes 15 damage!

The two dark mages come out of hiding to try and finish Fey off with their cursed magic. Their technique is very sloppy, however, and Fey is able to effortlessly counterattack them for their troubles.

Spoiler

Shaman A:

AT: 28 - 9 - 1 = 18

Hit: 95 - 28 - 7 - 15 - 10 = 35

Crit: 7 - 8 = 0

AT: 24 - 6 - 2 = 16

Hit: 98 - 23 + 15 + 10 = 100

Crit: 5 - 5 + 5 = 5

Shaman A attacks! 40, miss.

Fey counterattacks! 2, hit! 49, no crit.

Shaman A takes 16 damage!

Arthur is not alone in also taking Fey's punishment as hoofbeats signal the horsemen riding in. However, Arthur quickly masters his new Warding tome and all of the arrows that get sent his way are completely deflected by his shield.

Spoiler

Arthur is in forest terrain! +1 DR, +15 Evasion!

Nomad A:

AT: 24 - 13 - 1 - 3 - 1 = 6

Hit: 107 - 24 - 7 - 15 = 61

Crit: 8 - 10 = 0

AT: 20 - 7 + 1 = 14

Hit: 118 - 37 + 7 = 88

Crit: 9 - 7 + 10 + 10 = 22

Nomad A attacks! 24, hit!

Arthur takes 6 damage! Arthur's shield is broken!

Arthur counterattacks! 59, hit! 75, no crit.

Nomad A takes 14 damage! Arthur gains 7 HP of shielding!

Nomad A follows up! 86, miss!

Spoiler

Nomad B:

AT: 24 - 13 - 1 - 3 - 1 = 6

Hit: 107 - 24 - 7 - 15 = 61

AT: 20 - 7 + 1 = 14

Hit: 118 - 37 + 7 = 88

Crit: 9 - 7 + 10 + 10 = 22

Nomad B attacks! 51, hit!

Arthur takes 6 damage!

Arthur counterattacks! 64, hit! 24, no crit.

Nomad B takes 14 damage! Arthur gains 6 HP of shielding!

Nomad B follows up! 37, hit!

Arthur takes 6 damage!

As the second Nomad rides away, Arthur gets pissy as usual— ranting after the second Nomad for wasting his shield with some stupid stray arrow of theirs. In the middle of Arthur's rant, the two Mages run up and prepare their magic. One blasts him with a double-shot of wind, slicing through his shield though giving him a chance to dodge the second. The other Mage hurls a fireball— Arthur is able to dodge albeit with some stumbling on his part making him miss his own spell, and causing his coat to subsequently get set on fire for his troubles. Arthur goes back to angrily yelling as he tries to pat his coat out.

Spoiler

Arthur is consumed by irascible behavior... -10 Hit/Evasion!

Mage A: (Arcwind)

AT: 19 - 14 - 1 + 1 = 5

Hit: 114 - 24 + 10 - 7 - 15 + 15 = 93

N/A

Mage A attacks! 49, hit!

Arthur takes 5 damage! Arthur's shield is broken!

Mage A follows up! 96, miss!

Spoiler

Arthur is consumed by irascible behavior... -10 Hit/Evasion!

Mage B: (Arcfire)

AT: 22 - 14 - 1 + 1 = 8

Hit: 104 - 24 - 7 - 15 + 15 + 10 = 83

AT: 20 - 14 - 1 + 1 = 6

Hit: 118 - 36 - 15 + 7 - 10 = 64

Crit: 9 - 10 + 10 + 10 = 29

Mage B attacks! 90, miss!

Arthur counterattacks! 100, miss!

Mage B follows up! 61, hit!

Arthur takes 8 damage!

TURN 2

Player Phase

CFJMQCd.png

Siegmund's eyebrows furrowed, pressing a hand to his forehead in frustration.

LWABonL.png

"...Something seems to be wrong... but I can't quite pinpoint what it is..."

EXP: (17/100)

Stats

Spoiler

Players

Kane (HP: 27/27) - Plague Dart (E) (30/30) | Glue Pack (29/35) | Lust (40/40) | Relic of Ulux (E) | Lockpick (5/15)

Baldur (HP: 24/24) - Tenderizer (E) (23/40) | Heal (30/30) | Shove (22/30) | Rescue (25/25) | Vulnerary (3/3)

Ferdiad (HP: 35/35) - Steel Javelin (E) (22/35) | Slim Lance (38/40) | Iron Blade (39/40) | Heavy Lance (35/35) | Vulnerary (3/3)

Fey (HP: 14/29) - Short Axe (E) (27/30) | Hatchet (25/40) | Hammer (34/35) | Bolas (40/40) | Vulnerary (3/3)

Justine (HP: 28/28) - Joyeuse (E) (36/40) | Steel Sword (24/35) | Artemis' Song (30/30) | Vulnerary (3/3)

Lenore (HP: 27/27) - Iron Knife (E) (29/40) | Silencer (28/30) | Vulnerary (3/3) | Lockpick (6/15)

Lizaveta (HP: 26/26) - Worm (E) (26/40) | Wind (34/40) | Thunder (40/40) | Vulnerary (3/3)
Lysander (HP: 25/25) - Wind (E) (17/40) | Icicle Shower (32/35) | Blizzard (5/5) | Vulnerary (3/3)

Mim (HP: 24/24) - Steel Greatbow (E) (13/35) | Training Bow (36/40) | Poking Stick (40/40) | Vulnerary (3/3)

Shin (HP: 27/27) - Silver Longbow (E) (30/30) | Iron Longbow (31/40) | Training Bow (32/40) | Vulnerary (3/3)

Arthur (HP: 15/27) - Sacred Fire (E) (32/35) | Fire (27/40) | Wind (32/40) | Vulnerary (3/3)

Lucy (HP: 21/21) - Celestial Armor (E) (35/35) | Warding Lute (25/25) | Vulnerary (3/3)

Allies

Godiva (HP: 22/22) - Steel Mace (E) (35/35) | Heal (30/30) | Barrier (25/25) | Vulnerary (3/3)

Enemies

Archer A (HP: 31/31) - Silver Longbow (E) (30/30)

Archer B (HP: 31/31) - Silver Longbow (E) (30/30)

Archer C (HP: 31/31) - Silver Longbow (E) (30/30)

Archer D (HP: 31/31) - Silver Longbow (E) (30/30)

Ascetic A (HP: 33/33) - Sacred Steel (E) (30/30)

Ascetic B (HP: 33/33) - Sacred Steel (E) (30/30)

Ascetic C (HP: 33/33) - Sacred Steel (E) (30/30)

Ascetic D (HP: 33/33) - Sacred Steel (E) (30/30)

Axe Cavalier A (HP: 32/32) - Silver Axe (E) (30/30) | Steel Pilum (30/30) | Door Key x1

Axe Cavalier B (HP: 32/32) - Silver Axe (E) (30/30) | Steel Pilum (30/30)

Cavalier A (HP: 32/32) - Silver Javelin (E) (30/30) | Silver Rapier (30/30) | Door Key x1

Cavalier B (HP: 32/32) - Silver Javelin (E) (30/30) | Silver Rapier (30/30)

Fighter A (HP: 37/37) - Killer Axe (E) (30/30) | Tonic (5/5)

Fighter B (HP: 37/37) - Killer Axe (E) (30/30) | Tonic (5/5)

Axe Knight A (HP: 34/34) - Silver Axe (E) (30/30)

Axe Knight B (HP: 21/34) - Silver Axe (E) (30/30)

Axe Knight C (HP: 34/34) - Silver Axe (E) (30/30)

Lance Knight A (HP: 29/34) - Silver Lance (E) (30/30)

Lance Knight B (HP: 34/34) - Silver Lance (E) (30/30)

Lance Knight C (HP: 34/34) - Silver Lance (E) (30/30)

Lance Knight D (HP: 34/34) - Silver Lance (E) (30/30)

Sword Knight A (HP: 34/34) - Silver Blade (E) (30/30)

Sword Knight B (HP: 34/34) - Silver Blade (E) (30/30)

Sword Knight C (HP: 34/34) - Silver Blade (E) (30/30)

Mage A (HP: 27/27) - Arcwind (E) (29/30) | Arcfire (30/30)

Mage B (HP: 27/27) - Arcfire (E) (30/30) | Arcwind (30/30)

Mage C (HP: 27/27) - Arcfire (E) (30/30) | Arcwind (30/30)

Mage D (HP: 27/27) - Arcfire (E) (30/30) | Arcwind (30/30)

Nomad A (HP: 12/26) - Silver Greatbow (E) (29/30)

Nomad B (HP: 12/26) - Silver Greatbow (E) (28/30)

Nomad C (HP: 26/26) - Silver Greatbow (E) (30/30)

Nomad D (HP: 13/26) - Silver Greatbow (E) (29/30)

Pegasus Rider A (HP: 26/26) - Silver Sword (E) (30/30)

Pegasus Rider B (HP: 26/26) - Silver Sword (E) (30/30)

Pegasus Rider C (HP: 26/26) - Silver Sword (E) (30/30)

Priest A (HP: 25/25) - Heal (E) (30/30) | Poison (20/20)

Priest B (HP: 25/25) - Heal (E) (30/30) | Poison (20/20)

Shaman A (HP: 12/28) - Sin (E) (30/30)

Shaman B (HP: 28/28) - Sin (E) (30/30)

Shaman C (HP: 28/28) - Sin (E) (30/30)

Shaman D (HP: 28/28) - Sin (E) (30/30)

Soldier A (HP: 33/33) - Silver Halberd (E) (30/30)

Soldier B (HP: 33/33) - Silver Halberd (E) (30/30)

Soldier C (HP: 33/33) - Silver Halberd (E) (30/30)

Soldier D (HP: 33/33) - Silver Halberd (E) (30/30)

Spy A (HP: 29/29) - Silver Bow (E) (30/30) | Silver Dagger (30/30) | Lockpick x2

Spy B (HP: 29/29) - Silver Bow (E) (30/30) | Silver Dagger (30/30)

Spy C (HP: 29/29) - Silver Bow (E) (30/30) | Silver Dagger (30/30) | Lockpick x2

Spy D (HP: 29/29) - Silver Bow (E) (30/30) | Silver Dagger (30/30)

Wyvern Rider A (HP: 34/34) - Silver Mace (E) (30/30)

Wyvern Rider B (HP: 34/34) - Silver Mace (E) (30/30)

Wyvern Rider C (HP: 34/34) - Silver Mace (E) (30/30)

Ivan (HP: 40/40) - Flame Thrower (E) (25/25) | Silver Hand (30/30) | Vulnerary (3/3) | Heavy Gauntlet (1/1)

Siegmund (HP: 38/38) - Bellerophon (E) (--/--) | Pandemonium (--/--) | Light Brand (30/30)