Fire Emblem On Forums: Mortal Transgressions (IC)

RedMageCole

Lizaveta stared at Baldur for a long moment.

lizavetaneutral.png

"Yeah, I'm sure you were really happy to get to make that little declaration... now you're just getting petty."

Lizaveta sighed, then, and shrugged.

lizavetaneutral.png

"Guess I've just got to..."

She approached Kane and tapped him on the shoulder.

lizavetaneutral.png

"Um, Kane?"

Lucy admired Mim's towel for a moment, nodding vigorously.

Mdd94NJ.png

"Okay...! That works!" Lucy hurried over, grabbing a similarly simple towel— however, hers was white instead of Mim's grey. "I like this one... and it kinda matches too!"

———

Kane had been quick about finding a set of orange-red swim trunks— he had already properly paid for it, and was hanging around the vendor and (mostly) ignoring the guy's attempts to chat when Lizaveta tapped him on the shoulder.

pMa5qLG.png

"What's wrong, Lizaveta?"

lizavetaneutral.png

"Yeah, I um..."

Lizaveta sighed.

lizavetaneutral.png

"Given my circumstances coming here to Virtuous, um... I don't really... have... anything. Just... yeah. I don't have anything."

lizavetaneutral.png

"So I... can't really pay for anything, and obviously there's not going to be any sort of transaction of that sort between Baldur and I. It's, um... it's uncomfortable to just beg, but..."

Kane paused for a bit, giving a little smile... It actually had some sort of mixture of relief into it.

pMa5qLG.png

"Don't worry, I had a feeling you wouldn't be alone on that so I brought enough money to pay for just about everyone. I'll pay for your swimsuit, no questions asked."

Shin returns out of the changing room with his new garments in hand. He opted not to wear them yet but instead switch to them after the time at the beach. He has also picked out some beach wear which he also brings to show Baldur, along with his selection.

hrgx9zB.png
"Hey Baldur, I think I've picked out the new wear. I did a little bit of mixing around, but I feel like I got used to these ones the best."

DdldTFx.png
"Ah. And also could I get this to use as to wear to the beach?"

This was before he noticed that Lizaveta wasn't present anymore.
0QjwDh1.png
"Oh, where did Liza go?"

08Md74s.png

Baldur simply rolled his eyes as Liza said her dues and scurried off. He had no obligation to assist her financially and has little desire to. Especially with this money and after the constant sewage that spews from her rusted pipe of a mouth.

8rB4YM1.png

"These... really?" Baldur raises an eyebrow at Shin's fashion sense,  "I mean, I guess its fine. I'm not going to stop you but..." Baldur was a little saddened that Shin didn't go with his choice- Wait why is he sad about what Shin out of all people is choosing? Ugh, how much more annoying could this trip get?

mCj0alC.png

"Liza? I saw her running off towards Kane, probably asking him if he could lend her money for her swimsuit or something like that." He scoffed.

Eventually, an hour had passed and the crew was able to get together without much issue— also having gotten the opportunity to change into bathing suits. Kane stood at attention as he scoped out the beach— it had been recently cleaned up and the water looked quite nice.

pMa5qLG.png

"Well, then... Enjoy the vacation day, everyone." Kane said with a small sigh. With that, he laid out a towel to lay down for a moment before he went off and had any real fun.

Arthur, meanwhile, awkwardly stared out at the water.

8dnNlXE.png

"...We... swim in the water, right...?" He awkwardly made his way to the ocean, curiously dipping his toes in the water. He stopped before turning away from the ocean, sighing and walking to the edge of the beach, contemplating something.

Lucy got farther than Arthur— she got about waist deep in the water before scurrying out.

Mdd94NJ.png

"I- uh- wait- wh-what if the water takes me away? I- can someone make sure I don't get swept out?"

Simeon and, surprisingly, Sid did not even get close to the water— Simeon set up a workstation by the edge of the beach and Sid eagerly got to hammering a spearhead.

uYXtWpi.png

"I'm givin' ye a free day, what's'a matter with ye? Ye're always bellyachin' about how I don't give ye a break..."

QlkHAcy.png

"Screw that! I'm this close to finishing this damned lance and you know it! I am going to finish it today even if it kills me!"

With that, the Virtuous crew was left to enjoy themselves for once in their time of constant working.

BsRfnun.png

Baldur made his way to a chair with a small table underneath an umbrella. Bringing along with him a glass and a large glass of ice tea. The last thing he wants to do is to go in the water. The boy always hated the feeling of being wet. Getting himself comfortable in the chair he pulled out a book and began reading, occasionally taking a sip from the cool drink.

Her panic having been brought to a boil, Lucy panted as she skittered away from the water. She noticed how sweaty she was— she wasn't certain if it was out of nerves or just the heat. She looked around nervously, before spotting something— or someone. Well, someone and something. She fiddled with her hands, recalling Famine's words... before all that had happened.

Pesty, guess what? This is a super cool trick— if you ask your brother for something, he'll get it for you only after a little bit of grumbling! Isn't that really cool? Hey, speaking of which, can you ask him to get me- I mean you an extra pillow to sleep on?

She remembered how strange it was that he had said yes to her, and even found one after not too long despite it being the dead of night. She never did ask where that pillow came from, having left it in the same spot where she slept on it in... But Lucy wondered— was that just a Lucifer thing to do, or would it work on others? She felt badly for being a bit of a mooch, but she was really, really hot and nervous...

...So she nervously tip-toed up to Baldur.

Mdd94NJ.png

"I- um-... Baldur? I'm... I'm sorry if I'm... being a bit... selfish— c-can I have some of your tea...? It... it looks so cold and I'm really, really hot..."

Mim was delighted. She couldn't believe everything she was seeing. The pale sand glittering in the sun, the bright blue ocean reflecting the rays like diamonds, everything was so much better than she could have ever dreamed. Giggling, she grabbed Fey's arm and pulled her forward into the ocean. Splashing in to her waist, which left the other woman still relatively dry, she gushed,

WmjEdTm.png

"Oh Fey, it's perfect! How could you have ever left the ocean if it's as beautiful as this?"

Fey_Hair.png

"Mmm, I guess you get used to it? Its certainly a sight the first time around, but once you've been sailing around on it for a few years its not quite as special as the first time around. Though..." Fey remarks while muttering before she takes a long look at the ocean. "I suppose in a way it does feel like coming home. It's a strange feeling, but its not bad." Fey states before nodding as if to affirm something to herself.

Lucy looked a bit sad at this. She had expected it to probably not work, but it was still worth a try.

Mdd94NJ.png

"Um..." She was ready to lay off immediately, but tried to think— what would Mim do? Mim would be a bit more pushy, right? Insistent like that?... She decided to try that.  "But it's... really hot... and, um... I would be okay if I just had a... sip..." She got visibly flustered. Lucy didn't have quite the prowess Mim had.

8rB4YM1.png

"I-I'm sorry but you'll just have to wait until I prepare a fresh batch!" He felt a dark pit grow in the bowls of his stomach with these constant denials. He slammed his book shut before digging into his bag,  "I should have some extra tea leafs in here to make some real quick. Y-you'll just have to wait!"

Lucy suddenly felt really guilty for making Baldur feel hurried.

Mdd94NJ.png

"I-I'm sorry, I didn't mean-" She was completely oblivious as to why Baldur might have been hurried, but she still felt guilty enough to look down with a bit of tears in her eyes. "I didn't... I'm sorry- you don't have to, I've been... being rude and intrusive, I don't want you to have to... I-I'm sorry."

She wasn't quite cut out to be like Mim.

8rB4YM1.png

"You're not be intrusive at all! N-not at all! Its just-" Baldur stopped himself before continuing. I'm sure one sip wouldn't be that bad... right? Hopefully anyways.

lOegnLG.png

He lets out a sigh,  "Fine... you can have one sip. Just take it slowly and don't say I didn't try and stop you." But would Lucy be able to stop herself from drinking a lot of this delicious iced tea? It is very hot out too...

Lucy stopped being so teary-eyed, looking up as she tried (futilely) to rub the tears out of her eyes with her sleeves... She didn't have sleeves. Her scarred arms had to be where she did it.

Mdd94NJ.png

"Th... thank you..." She sounded relieved, even if a little bit sad. She decided just a little sip was fine... Lucy took the iced tea and sipped it slowly— a strange face came to her as she realized that it didn't really taste like what she thought it would. However, it was cold and refreshing... Perhaps she was ending up sipping a little bit too much.

8rB4YM1.png
Baldur was a bit on edge the entire time Lucy was taking a sip.  "Remember, only a sip okay?" However, it seemed this sip was turning more than just a tiny one.  "A-alright, I think that’s good Lucy. More then enough to quench the heat right?” 

Lucy didn't quite hear Baldur at first— however, just as he finished his sentence she finally snapped out of it.

Mdd94NJ.png

"A-ah- sorry!" Lucy nervously handed it back. "I-It was just... really refreshing... oh, I hope I didn't ruin your drink..." There was still enough to drink left in there... but it was still a bit of a worrying amount that was missing.

Mim paused, then tossed her hat onto Fey and dove into the water completely. She had thankfully had the foresight to remove her other clothing besides the swimsuit, but perhaps she should have left the hat back as well. Too late for that now. She resurfaced with a huge grin on her face.

WmjEdTm.png

"It's so nice! Maybe a little cool, but nothing compared to the snow. And when combined with the heat... I could stay here forever and be happy I think."

Lucy paused, thinking to herself.

Mdd94NJ.png

"Mmm... I feel nice and cool inside... The iced tea was actually really nice— you made it yourself? What's in it?"

Her body had a small sway, but nothing too alarming. For now.

———

Kane took a deep breath, staring up at the sky.

pMa5qLG.png

"...Mmm... Probably in a little while. For now, I just need to lay down... I don't often do that, even when it's nighttime."