Fire Emblem On Forums: Mortal Transgressions (IC)

RedMageCole

Arthur gave a vigorous nod in response to Mim. Lucy, meanwhile, had been nervously pacing around. When nabbed by Mim, her head turned up. She looked a bit confused at Mim's clothing, tilting her head, before suddenly being thrown back into her nervous fit. Mim's words only served to bolster her further.

HzKDMrO.png

"I... don't actually... know what.... a swimsuit is.... Are you supposed to wear that to the 'beach'...?"

Not terribly surprising, considering her heritage or the kinds of people she hung around, but still.

Mim paused for a second before letting go of Crimson's hand and walking over to Lucy, throwing an arm around her shoulder.

WmjEdTm.png

"Oh, hun... Yes, it's an outfit to wear to the beach, or if you're going to go swimming. It's made of material made to handle water without getting extra heavy, so that you can swim without issue. It also won't pull away or bunch up in the same way that normal clothes would. Plus a lot of them are super cute. Like mine! We'll get you something that looks great, while still letting you be comfortable, so that you can have the best time possible. Right Baldur?"

She shot a quick glare at Baldur. This was no longer just about making sure he came to the beach too. This was about making sure Lucy had the best possible time she could.

Arthur looked like he was taking in breath after being underwater for ten minutes... Until he got a very unfortunate or fortunate look of what Mim was wearing down below, and suddenly turned around a full one hundred and eighty degrees.

HzKDMrO.png

"O-Oh... I see. I've... um... never really went swimming before... unless bathing counts, I think...?..." Lucy's eyes drifted to Baldur and Arthur, her face absorbing the reddening that Arthur's previously had. "W-Wait, y-you mean- w-we swim with the boys!? B-Brother never let me swim around Famine... He said Famine might look at—" Lucy's expression suddenly turned to mortification as she held herself tightly around her chest region.

jBxXfAt.png
This woman is a snake. He thought Arthur was just easy pickings but it’s obvious she’s more skilled than what he first thought. He let out a sigh.  "Swimming is nothing like bathing first of all. Second, swimming is akin to kicking a ball with a friend only you’re in the water with the ball. Third, yes like any article of clothing some swimsuits make people look more attractive than others. And fourth, if you’re worried about people starring just don’t get a swim suit that’s too revealing."

Mim had been planning on explaining swimming more, but Baldur had that covered and she also had way more important things to rant about now. That brother...

WmjEdTm.png

"That... Ugh! I can't believe him. Sure, he's worried about what a boy might do, so he punishes his sister. Of course he couldn't just talk to the other guy about it. Nooo, he had to force you to cover up so that his precious partner wouldn't be tempted. Even though from what you've said, Famine views you more like a little sister than anything. No, it's wrong for a girl to show any skin because what about the boys? Can't distract the boys! Well, fuck that! You should get to wear whatever you want to wear! Something that's cute, something that makes you feel good about yourself, something that you like! And if any boys bother you or make you feel uncomfortable, they'll deal with me. They're the creeps, they're the ones who should be punished, not you!"

Baldur's words didn't seem to help Lucy any— even with the idea of a swimsuit being not as revealing seemed... off-putting to her. Mim's words also still made Lucy a bit frantic— despite his faults and all-around terribleness, Lucy still had some fondness for her brother as a lingering regret, making her fiddle with her fingers. However, the last part at least did make her feel a little bit better... somewhat.

HzKDMrO.png

"O-okay... I'll try to wear a... swimsuit."

jBxXfAt.png
"Alright calm down there Mim. Just because a culture has different values than yours doesn’t mean they’re wrong. What they do about enforcing it maybe wrong though." Baldur shakes his head before turning to Lucy,  "Just do what you’re most comfortable with. If that means not showing much or showing a lot that is your choice. I only ask that you don’t go overboard with it."

faquppZ.png

"I wouldn't have expected you to give good advice to a woman, Baldur." Justine made a theatrical entrance as always, though it seemed she hadn't located her beach outfit of choice yet. "Even if it was wrapped in puritanical nonsense." She turned to Lucy, still smiling. "I can help you pick something out, if you'd be willing to accept my help, of course."

Lucy was brought out of her anxiety by Baldur this time, just giving little nods. Justine's entrance, however, made her look a bit happier... It wasn't too difficult to tell that Lucy was still a bit envious of how flashy Justine could look, but there were no grudges held.

HzKDMrO.png

"O-Okay...! B-but, um... nothing too revealing, I-I don't think I'm ready for... um... well, I-I just want to at least try and... be braver about showing my... arms."

On the other hand, Justine's entrance made it difficult to tell whether Arthur was happy or terrified of the idea of her coming with on swimsuit shopping.

gq5e5Ze.png

Horse help me, I am going to die... physically or on the inside...

dzibpAZ.png

Baldur rolled his eyes at Justine's comment,  "Oh? So then, does that mean you won't completely write off what I have to say from now on?" Sarcasm oozed from his voice since he probably already knew the answer.

0yKxz4K.png

"Actually you going along would be perfect. With you and Mim then I'm sure I won't be needed to come along. See Mim, it all works out for the better."

jmS7Bc0.png

"Ugggghhh...." The butler groaned pinching the bridge of his nose. It seems this one really is dead set on dragging him along. God knows why she wants him of all people to come.

jBxXfAt.png

"Fine, you win. I'll come along. But don't come crying to me if you regret it. Lets just make this shopping trip quick."

Since last time, Shin had finally sorted out all of his clothing (this time keeping track of what is USED to wash them this time.) Through the few weeks, he's somehow successfully sorted out his room and managed to shower. Though his quality of clothing hasn't changed much. Also his hair remains messy despite not smelling anymore.

Today he happens to come across the others as they were getting ready to leave.
cdgLLga.png
"Oh hey, where are you all going? Were there plans for a mission today that I missed?" He then looks closer at what Mim and Lenore were wearing.

0QjwDh1.png
"Um.. Did you guys forget to put on your armor? Isn't it dangerous to fight in that?"

Fey_Hair.png

"Looks to me that today's 'mission' doesn't involve fighting. Also haven't you ever seen a swimsuit before?" Fey jokingly asks as she comes in, seeing the others setting up a trip to get swimsuits.  "Speaking of which, you might need to get one as well. Something tells me you probably don't have one yourself," Fey remarks, looking over at Shin.

Lizaveta had been kicking around, feeling still pretty low. That mission intercepting the drugs hadn't done a whole lot to make her feel any better, speaking frankly -- her issues about herself, about what she was doing, about nearly getting offed by Ferdiad, and about just... just a lot of things sure hadn't been cured by waiting in some bushes and not really doing a whole lot. To tell the truth, she hadn't really been sure what she wanted to do today, and had kind of considered just lounging around, but... well, she actually didn't have a swimsuit, did she? (Or really much of any clothing but what she was wearing and one other shirt... oof...) Sitting around on the beach and just melting to death sounded unpleasant, so it would probably at least be a good idea to, well, have someone get her something else to wear, right?

lizavetaneutral.png

"Er... would you all mind if I came along...? I, um... I don't really have a swimsuit or anything either..."

DdldTFx.png
"Well, I mean I don't really remember seeing people wearing any..." He looks up towards Fey in response.

mBeaG9Z.png
"But yeah.. I don't.. I never thought I'd really need one to begin with. I figured I'd just go with my usual wear or something."

jBxXfAt.png

Baldur was about to instinctively say "Yes, I do mind" to Liza. Thankfully he was able to catch himself before those words escaped his lips. However, hearing Shin even consider wearing his old rags again urked Baldur to his very core.  "Shin, I will buy you your own set of new clothes. Just please wear something else that isn't your putrid rags."

Due to the quickly-rising popular demand to stop at the swimsuit shop, Kane decided to make the detour for everyone's sake. Thankfully, there was a nice place not too far off from the beach.

"Sorry, pal, beach is closed. Orders from Queen Stella, she says she wanted to treat her royal guard. Ain't she a doll?"

pMa5qLG.png

"No worries, we're well aware and intending on a visit for tomorrow." Kane spoke, evidently enough needing a bit of a visit himself— he had a fine sun orange-colored open overshirt, but his shorts could have stood to be better swimming gear. "Might we be able to browse for a little while?"

The guy at the store looked back, seeing all of you— "Hm... Well, how can I refuse?... Looks like a few of you don't really need it, though, but I suppose good taste helps pave the way for other fine tastes. Those are some very lovely hats, ladies," He says with a nod and smile to Mim and Lenore, before—

pMa5qLG.png

"Alright, alright. Everyone, meet back over here in an hour." Kane headed right off to the swimming trunks area. Arthur and Lucy both stood with the little ragtag group that Mim had pulled together— it was harder to tell which one was having a more difficult time keeping themselves together, both keeping completely quiet.

Lucy squeaked when her hand was suddenly grabbed, but nodded regardless.

HzKDMrO.png

"I... Okay."

Arthur didn't look immensely thrilled that he had to leave Mim, but tried to put it in the perspective of the fact that he could actually breathe. It probably also helped that he left his coat in the wagon, completely vulnerable to being snatched up.

wPwRU6a.png

"Right— Let's make this quick." So I can see— No, shut the fuck up Arthur, you have an actual excuse. "I get impatient really quickly with shopping unless I'm shopping for flowers."

jBxXfAt.png

"Lets just get this over with..." He groaned,  "Maybe I could teach you how to keep a level head while we wait Arthur. It seems like you certainly need it."  

It wouldn't take the butler too long to find a set of clothes that he would deem reasonable enough to use in the heat. His shirt was a plain black button-up contrasted by the bright white buttons and the white checkered cuffs which he rolled up. Following the cuffs were a matching pair of gold amethyst-encrusted bangles on each hand with a suiting necklace with a long light purple gem dangling from it. White slacks contrasted the shirt with black loafers finishing the set.

08Md74s.png

Standing with his arms crossed, right foot tapping impatiently he waited for the girls to finally pick out what they're wearing,  "Whats taking them so long? I don't exactly want to stay here all day, right Arthur?"

Meanwhile, the girls were busy looking through options. Mim had at least five pieces draped over her arm. A couple single piece outfits of varying styles, as well as two two piece outfits. She had her hopes pinned on one, but she wanted Lucy to be the one who chose.

WmjEdTm.png

"Ok! This is probably a good place to start, you think? Any of these options drawing your eye? I do think you should try on a couple before you make a decision. And then once you find the one you like the most we can grab the guys?"

Arthur rolled his eyes, opting not to yell angry denials at Baldur before they went to go shop...

Before long, Arthur picked something modest enough— an open shirt bound by a necklace-like binding with some basic red swim trunks. It was almost like he had completely forgotten he was a prince— actually, that was probably exactly his intention.

8dnNlXE.png

"Indeed," Arthur agreed with Baldur but for subconsciously different reasons. "But it seems we just picked quickly, so hopefully it shouldn't be too long... I can't imagine they'd take that long."

Meanwhile, Lucy was staring at all of the swimsuits— even the one-piece bathing suits were making her crumple, and there weren't any decent full-body options.

HzKDMrO.png

"All of these... kind of... scary..." Her eyes drooped to the ones Mim picked out, a breath of relief coming out of her. "Um— y-yeah!- I-I'll, um, try them on." She took them, now going right back to crumpling under her nerves. "W-W-Wait- H-how do I try them on?... I-I don't try them on in the store, do I!?"