Masquerade Mafia Madness(Game over, Ballgoer Victory)

DigitalAmber

Well, it's for the greater good I guess. Taking down both Bean and the Worrywart role would greatly help reduce chaos in general, stopping role-swapping (or at least to some degree) and Bean's random votes and comments here in the thread. I dont see a mafia pulling something like this Day 1, it's high risk and very low reward, so I dont think there's any reason to distrust Jace. 
So for these reasons and the lack of a better option:
[Eliminate] Psychic Sheep

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can the Worrywart also switch roles with a Marauder? Because I think the Worrywart can be a very powerful weapon in favor of the Ballgoers.

From what I've seen so far, the biggest argument in favor of eliminating the Worrywart is reducing chaos. But in my opinion, the Worrywart can achieve the complete opposite effect. By keeping tabs on who the Worrywart is every day, we can not only deduce who is on the side of the Ballgoers (or the Neutrals at worst), but all players gain an equal amount of knowledge. Considering the Ballgoers are the ones that need knowledge rather than the Marauders, I believe the Worrywart will work with us more than against us.

With that said, I also don't believe that the Worrywart has much reason to play against the Ballgoers rather than with us. The only circumstance they would want to play against us is if they can become Marauders as well, which would in turn mean that the Marauders don't know the identity of the other Marauders, because otherwise a Marauder-turned-Worrywart could easily expose all their former allies.

So assuming the Worrywart can only change into Ballgoers and Neutrals, they literally need to eventually become Ballgoers (or take a chance with becoming a Neutral) in order to win the game. Thus why I don't see the Worrywart having much if any incentive to not work together with the Ballgoers.

I'd like to hear other people's thoughts about this as well, but first I'm gonna be pinging @Walpurgis, @Captain Breakfast and @Jace Stormkirk to read through this and potentially rethink the elimination of the Worrywart day 1.

Okay so basically Jace became a Ballgoer/Marauder (not sure if he can steal a Mafia role in this type of alteration, but who knows), while giving the old maid role to Bean.

@Kabs

In one of Ambers previous games, the Old Maid, couldn't change the role with Mafia (here: Marauders), which would be a good weapon to weed out the mafs. So i kinda agree with your reasoning.

But the question would still be, who to hang instead of an obvious 3rd party at this point?

Cause there isn't any better option, who comes to mind, and i don't think Jace is lying about this part:

[Unvote] Alistair

[Eliminate] Bean

To confirm that @Jace Stormkirk is indeed a Ballgoer, all we need is for @Psychic Sheep to confirm that he was a Ballgoer before becoming the new Worrywart, but he doesn't have to reveal the exact role. As I said before, unless we missed something, the Worrywart kind of needs us to win, so there shouldn't be any reason to distrust the Worrywart either. I do hope that we can hear from Bean before this phase ends, though.

@CrimsonDragon21 If my reasoning is correct, the Worrywart is indeed a confirmed Neutral party- however, if the mechanics work as described (aka Worrywart can't change roles with a Marauder), this Neutral role is effectively nearly 100% on the side of the Ballgoers, unless the Worrywart for some reason decides to bank on winning as another Neutral, but those chances are so low that it is in both the Worrywart and the Ballgoers' best interests to work together. With that in mind, we are about to lynch a role that isn't theoretically Ballgoer-aligned, but might as well be.

Just based off of gut feeling I think Lykos feels the most suspicious to me. I dont really have anything exactly solid against him, but the fact that his only post is repeating stuff people had already said earlier makes my read on him lean towards scummy. I'm sorry Lykos uwu
[Eliminate] LykosHand

I would have thought their wincon was to Worrywart-swap into a Ballgoer role as soon as possible, as I believe they ought to inherit the win conditions of the Ballgoer. Which is also why I believe it's in the best interests for the Worrywart to work with the Ballgoers rather than against.

By sheer luck or some other more malicious factor, everyone ended up in the ballroom, each with slight adjustments to their costume so as to make them more comfortable. As soon as the last person entered the room, things happened. Strange things. The lights shut off again and everyone in the room instinctively shuddered in fear, remembering how last night started and all of them feeling an aura of murderous intent. Silently they all answered 'not me'  when the aura of murderous intent washed over them. Some of them even went as far as to bargain, begging them to take someone else instead of them. Almost as suddenly as it had come, the feeling was gone. In its place was a feeling of stillness that seemed to tense to try to break. All of them were waiting with baited breath for something to happen. Shouts cried out and shattered the stillness as multiple people found the doors locked.

Ominous laughing filled the room at their attempts to escape. 'You really thought it would be that easy? Don't call me a mind reader, but I know what you're thinking. Its either "where is this guy?" or, "don't kill me pls". For anyone who has the audacity to think the latter thought, I'm going to have a lot of fun with you. Regardless, I am in the room with you right now. In fact, this message is prerecorded. Or is it? I have no qualms about killing you all off one by one and making you into murderers, so why would I have qualms about lying to you? Maybe you will all believe wishful thinking will save you and I'm always truthful. Here's what your wishful thinking gets you: I know many of you wished a certain friend dead. Who am I not to grant your wishes? Good night, sleep tight, oh and Bean, don't let the ants bite when you're six feet under.'

As the monologue continued, Psychic Bean Sheep grew steadily paler and paler until he started hyperventilating. He fell to the ground, breathing too quickly to get sufficient air. By the time anyone who could help him managed to get through the crowd, Bean was dead. His scarf he had previously been fidgeting with served to choke him, but it was decided a chicken bone from dinner had blocked his airway. How it could have happened now when dinner was many hours ago was unknown. 

Psychic Bean Sheep is dead. He was the Worrywart. He was Selfsided/third Party

The Night Phase has begun, you have 24 hours to make your nightly decisions. 

1. Lord Draykle- TownSided Messenger

2. Captain Breakfast

3. Purplecicada

4. Jace Stormkirk

5. L'Belle

6. Psychic Bean Sheep- Self Sided Worrywart

7. Seal

8. Andracass

9. Alistair

10. Walpurgis

11. LykosHand

12. Kabs

13: CrimsonDragon21

The poor, tormented guests at the manor were not awoken by the sound of bluebirds or the smell of bacon and pancakes. Instead a brief, cut off scream awoke a few people in the night. None of these people chose to leave the room to see what was happening; they didn't want to join those screams. Everyone who didn't wake up to the screams instead woke up to the same "pre-recorded" voice from last night. The voice, in all its eerie glory, was absolutely cackling. 

'Did I mention how much I love irony? There is truly no purer form of comedy then irony. You know, maybe when I get finished with you I can go into stand up comedy. I'd be a riot I think. But the thing about comedy is you have to know when to shut up to preserve the joke. Some people just don't get that. Sometimes people need someone else to signal for them to shut up. If anyone wants, I can do that for you. I even offered my services last night without being asked.'

Shuddering, a few brave ballgoers wandered out into the hallway and were greeted by a sight. It appeared that Jace Stormkirk was dead and had died by clawing out his own throat. His mouth was sealed shut. Further inspection and opening Jace's mouth revealed that he had had his tongue cut out. One clear sighted individual saw two things other then just the corpse. They saw the remnants of Jace's costume and they saw a shattered glass ball next to Jace. Upon touching the glass, they Ouija Boarded themselves to form letters. Letters that foretold someone's identity. Maybe Jace didn't die in vain.

Jace Stormkirk is dead, he was the Townsided Conversationalist. 

Also!! Andracass is the Performer. 

Day 2 has begun and lasts 48 hours. Good luck. 

1. Lord Draykle- TownSided Messenger

2. Captain Breakfast

3. Purplecicada

4. Jace Stormkirk- Townsided Conversationalist

5. L'Belle

6. Psychic Bean Sheep- Self Sided Worrywart

7. Seal

8. Andracass- Performer

9. Alistair

10. Walpurgis

11. LykosHand

12. Kabs

13: CrimsonDragon21

crystal balls luigi boarding themselves is a bit 2spoopy4me I didn't sign up for this kinda supernatural shit 😰

The information revealed with Jace's death is interesting but not immediately useful since we don't know what the Performer does exactly. It sounds like it could be similar to the Actress archetype (visits a person every night and appear as this person's role upon death) but still vague enough that it could be anything else. Maybe Cass could tell us a bit more about her role since it was revealed anyway.

In other news I was restrained last night.

How much would it help us revealing what Cass does? If she has a useful ability then a target would be painted on her back and if she doesnt then the mafia can mark her as not threatening and leave her alive while focusing on potentially more dangerous town players (if she isnt already mafia herself).

Knowing more about her ability could help us evaluate the probability for her to be mafia

But now that I've had to spell it out she'll obviously be extra careful about what she reveals and therefore I doubt we'll learn much of anything conclusive

So Jace died. I suppose that mafia killed him because they were probably afraid of which kind of ability he had. Also i apologize for have said the same thing as other people have already said in the last day. 

My hope is that Cass is town btw, i don't know if someone can confirm that. 

Also i forget to tell that i received an item in Night 0, so i was wondering if someone else received it in the previous night

• Global Mods

Is it possible that Jace had an Oracle kind of role? I suppose that would probably make sense considering Cass' role was revealed upon Jace's death, and I think the phase post kind of implies that was the case.

In normal situations, I'd have voted Cass right now considering Actress is a Mafia-sided role. However, this game is a completely different case. Since we have no idea which roles go with which alignment until a player with a role dies, I think we should try and get some more information from Cass. I know she won't feel obliged to give much more than she has already, but it does help out a lot. (Also I'm sorry if anything has been repeated, I have tried to read and summarise)

• Veterans

there really isn't a whole lot more i can add. i'm just really annoyed by the forced roleclaim. if you're still concerned about me for whatever reason, i'm happy to help answer questions, but it's still the beginning of the game so there's not much to be said to defend myself.

if nothing else, I received a message the first day asking me to play a game, which is why my first D1 message began with "well then"

self defense aside, i'm interested in the people who haven't spoken yet. 

Cass' case is a bit iffy; on the one hand it seems logical that the performer would have indeed been an actress type of role, on the other hand I didn't expect her to confirm my hunch so freely. I guess no conclusion can be drawn yet either way, since as Nicki pointed out we don't know what the roles do in this set-up and how faithful they are to their epicmafia counterparts. Still I would keep an eye on Cass.

Atm I townread Ben, Kabs and Lia, whereas Kiet, Lykos and Seal could go either way. Kiet and Lykos due to somewhat generalist statements, Seal because of his inactivity but that's a recurring factor in his case so meh, I don't think that proves any real unwillingness to cooperate.

2. Captain Breakfast - Hard to read as always. Neutral not very risky posts. Could go either way.

3. Purplecicada - This isnt Nicki's old playstyle so I find it kinda hard to read. I need to see more to cast judgement.

5. L'Belle - A bit too distracted from the game to be mafia, probably.

7. Seal - As Ali said, could go either way. His lack of activity doesnt help reading him.

8. Andracass- Performer - Mostly gut feeling but I dont think Cass is mafia this time. We will see though.

9. Alistair - No clear signs that put him into one faction or another, gut feeling leans towards mafia but I cant really back it up with any kind of evidence.

10. Walpurgis - Awkward space in front of my name bothers me Amber pls fix.

11. LykosHand - Could go either way, not much to add.

12. Kabs - Collaborative, his posts feel genuine. I'm wary because I don't really know how skilled of a player he is or his playstyle but strong townlean so far.

13: CrimsonDragon21 - Slight townlean. Nothing to add.