Masquerade Mafia Madness(Game over, Ballgoer Victory)

DigitalAmber

• Global Mods

Okay so I know what kind of position I might be in right now, however I was hoping my vote would pressure Michel into talking and I wasn't expecting it to turn out the way it did.

That helps narrow it down a little bit, Cass. However, that role isn't a confirmed innocent and as such we won't know what to do regarding that information.

Judging from his behaviour so far, though, I'm inclined to say it's probably a town role. The role description for the Host and the Vagrant sort of contradict each other, so I think the Host role could be better suited for Town*. Unless the role descriptions are nothing more than flavour text to throw people off.

I honestly can't say much regarding reads as nothing else has really stood out for me at the moment. This might change as the day phase progresses, but I'll give a list that I should have probably stated previously:

Ben: Town lean. Hasn't really done anything scummy that I've noticed, but it could be possible he's trying to blend in.

Myself: Well, that's me. I know I'm town, but I don't really have anything I can say to defend myself as I have a one-time use ability and haven't used it yet. I'll expand on this if anyone wants me to do so.

Seal: Too inactive to place any kind of judgement. I think he's been inactive in most games I've played with him so I was never able to see town or scummy behaviour, so I don't know what to look for here.

Cass: I'm a bit iffy because of what she was revealed to be, however I honestly think her behaviour is giving me a town lean but I can never get an accurate read on her 'cause her behaviour doesn't really change much whichever faction she's on.

Ali: As it stands, currently a town read. The description for the role Cass says he has kind of gives off a town vibe, but I'm not all that certain. Could just be Amber's way of messing with us.

Lía: Neutral, but maybe scum lead. I've noticed that she did contribute a bit more in the first few day phases of the game than what she has now. I don't think that'll be enough for me to want to vote for her right now, however.

Lykos: I'm just not sure. He's provided some good comments over the duration of the game, but I kind of feel he'd be more active if he were town? I'm not sure???

Kiet: I'd love to see him as town, I really would. But his behaviour during the game has rubbed me the wrong way... I don't know. I feel like he is scum trying to blend in here.

In regards to the kill target... I can sort of see why as Bibs was contributing enough and had the behaviour to suggest he was town, but Kiet had already role claimed and Cass's role has been revealed which are both roles mafia wouldn't want to risk keeping around, unless both of them are aligned to mafia. I think I'll wait and see what happens, whilst still contributing to the best of my ability, before I decide on a vote because hopefully this day phase will give me more of an insight based on players' behaviour... and I feel waiting a bit longer would be beneficial considering we could be in a LyLo situation right now.

(*EDIT: Town or Third Party. I forgot to include that during the original message)

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Honestly, i thought Kiet was the next victim, i had this feeling. I still have some doubts about Bibs' death because i'm thinking that something happened last night, like someone's ability has caused Bibs to die. I'm still not sure 🤔

And so Nicki has an one-time use ability, i wonder what you can do with that but i'm afraid that if you will reveal it probably you will be the next target of mafia people.

Also i admit that after that Kiet roleclaimed, i started to think that he was town. But some doubts came back now. 

Hello again, sorry for being inactive again. I'll be more active during the weekend I promise.

Since I contributed literally nothing so far I will roleclaim to make up for it.

I am the Psychic which means I can see someones alignment if I follow them, so far I can only confirm the innocence of Lykos and Bibs rip.

Since Cass already roleclaimed for me, all I have left to do is confirm, I guess. Yes, I'm the Host, and my only ability is to send a message to someone at night... which I used on Cass as a test on N0, couldn't use on N1 because I was restrained, and forgot to use last night. Contrary to what my role may suggest I don't have any other ability, special information or anything else going for me.

Given that we are 8 players left from 13 at the start, and that no maf has died so far, it seems the most likely case to me that we are 5 townies vs 3 mafs. That means we're probably in a situation of LyLo. We need to put everything we know on the table.

Ben: rather clear townlean to me, good contributions, I'm inclined to believe his claim over a town-confirmed role.

Nicki: slight townlean, not all that much to say besides she's been making good and logical points since the beginning.

Seal: could go either way, his roleclaim is a nice gesture but asserting the innocence of two players including a dead one is unfortunately also something a maf could do regardless of role.

Cass: is doing her role justice by being a good actress; as always, reading her is difficult. I still suspect her, but have no tangible proof of her potential guilt.

Me: I'm innocent but unfortunately kinda lack means to demonstrate it. My role and what I've done with it are explained above, otherwise I don't have anything special to share and the only notable thing that happened to me was being restrained on N1. Other than that, my contributions are what they are, maybe not particularly good, but I've been doing my best to keep up despite irl obligations.

Lía: she was a clear townread for me during the early game due to very pertinent contributions, maybe not as much now. I know she's a good player with the ability to blend in rather easily if she wants to, and that prevents me from being totally confident in her innocence. That said, still a slight townlean.

Lykos: an important case. I feel like he could go either way, despite giving off slightly more towny vibes than scummy vibes. If he happens to be maf, I suspect Seal is an accomplice.

Kiet: has had a rather iffy behavior since the start and I can't quite place my finger on it. At times I honestly thought he was innocent, other times his behavior seemed really strange. Slight scumlean.

My belief is that there are at least 2, possibly 3 mafs among Seal, Cass, Lykos and Kiet. The other players have been consistently helpful and I don't really see any of them as mafia material this game.

rip bib

I can back up Ben's claim as I'm indeed the Improviser. Though I dont think this becoming roleclaim city helps our case, as roles arent indicators of alignment and it only gives mafia a clearer view of who are the potentially biggest threats to their wincon.

Ben: I just confirmed his innocence.

Nicki: I still think it could go either way, but I have to acknowledge that she seems to be trying to participate and help the town. I appreciate her not roleclaiming right there because I dont think it's really worth it. 

Seal: I was inclined to think he's town but again. To back up his claim he says Lykos and Bibs are innocent, but honestly very apparently innocent dead player + not particularly suspicious player being innocent isnt a groundbreaking claim and makes me wonder why did he choose those two players and who was his third target. His claims raise more questions than anything else, in my opinion. Psychic isnt the exact name of the role in the role list either and I'd like some clarification from him. If his claim is true, though, and he's not mafia he's probably the most likely to die next night phase.

Cass: Not sure. Not scumlean but not townlean either. I hope she's town.

Ali: Exactly like in seal's case roleclaim doesnt change anything and it feels a bit iffy since he doesnt really have strong proof to back it up. 

Lykos: I'm more willing to believe he's town now.
Kiet: Seems to be the most suspected player and it's true that his behavior has been a bit eh. I still dont have a particularly strong suspicion towards him but the scumlean has been growing in me maybe just from reading other players' opinions because he really hasnt said much.

Going down the list, the people I'd vote right now are Cass. Ali and Kiet.
Let's go with the popular pick everyone has been talking about.
[Eliminate] Kiet

• Veterans

i'd be willing to go with kiet for a vote. i recall thinking a few days ago that it seemed like his posts mainly intended to keep up with the group rather than actively contribute.

i also think that nicki's point about Party Host being third party seems plausible, especially given the context of the game.

I don't really know why i am still the most suspicious person, when i literally told you everything about me.

Also i don't know why you get suspicious feelings from my behaviour. I am just very defensive all the time, when i get targeted by suspicion. I am also not good at expressing myself.

I think it's easier to make a better roleclaim for everyone who only red that i am the roleblocker. cause it took Bibs a while to get it and i am not sure if the others thought about that

I am the Storyteller. I have the ability of the nurse. Every night i can visit someone and protect him/her with the drawback of him/her beeing roleblocked.

I protected Bibs on Night0 and Ali on Night1. I haven't send my nightaction for N2 to Amber, cause i didn't had the time for it + i forgot about it.

So tell me how can a nurse be alligned with mafia?

Cause of that roleclaim and L'belle (probably the Doctor) beeing lynched, I thought i would be the target of the next mafia kill.

But with that not beeing the case, the blame would fall onto me and make me more suspious then i already am. Additionally with some people always stating that i am the most suspicious one, just makes the matter worse.

I told you everything about me and my roles, so if you still suspect me, i have nothing to defend myself.

Well with that beeing said, i share my Analysis:

In the game there were 4 non Towns from the beginning. probably 3 Mafia and 1 Third Party. With the Old-Maid gone, that leaves us with 3 Mafs, like Ali already told us.

Ben: With his town-confirmed roleclaim and Lia backing his claims up, he seems towny so far. But he woke up some suspicion again, when he was afraid to get killed by Mafia, when his role kinda isn't a treat to Mafia.

Nicki: A mysterious case. My gutfeeling tells me, she is one of scum, which kinda also adds-up with the vote on L'Belle (pressure vote on a person who is kinda absent, isn't what i would think of at that time)

With her now revealing her one-time-only ability though, it could go either-way. @purplecicada So i am inclined to hear more about that ability, cause we might already be in a Lylo situation.

Seal: He is unfortunately kinda inactive, but with his recent claims (which could raise some questions) i think he is rather townlean.

@Seal Could you tell us who was the 3rd person you investigated and why haven't you investigated the most suspicious ones (Myself for example?)

Cass: Imo her post don't have much Info and are there for filling in. She also haven't revealed much with her role already beeing revealed, making it harder for Town. So rather scumlean.

Ali: He acts kinda neutral imo. But his post don't really add up and my Gut-feeling tells me he is scum. Also a role who can message others with a counterpart (messenger) who is confirmed to be sided with town makes me think he is scum.

So rather scumlean.

Lia: Could go either way. I just don't know, but rather townlean.

Lykos: Could go either way. But with Seals claim i think he is more townlean.

Myself: I explained everything and my case above. Depends on you.

I am inclined to vote Ali, cause 2 spys alligned with town doesn't add up and would make the game a bit unbalanced if there isn't a counterpart.

[Eliminate] Alistair

The nurse, huh? That's interesting, and a good role to claim in order to deter people from voting for you. Moreover I can confirm indeed that I couldn't move on N1, however the exact wording was that I had been "restrained", not protected or roleblocked... which may be a mere detail, but restrainers are typically maf roles. It is possible that you just decided to add the nurse bit to your restraining role in order to appear more towny after roleclaiming.

Not to mention your role's flavor goes well with a restrainer archetype (the storyteller would keep people busy by telling them stories); not particularly well with a nurse type.

At the end of the day it's only your word, and your explanation kinda looks like you took a mafia role and customized to make it look town.

I suppose you're right about one thing though; a nurse would probably not be aligned with the mafia. However, I see no reason to believe that you are a nurse at all.

Finally, your main reason for voting for me seems to be that there can't be two messenger-like roles with the same alignment. This is a complete assumption at best and looks like an excuse to move the suspicions toward someone else.

You're not the only one I suspect, but if we want to avoid a disaster in a probable LyLo situation my vote is clear.

[Eliminate] CrimsonDragon21

That argument is funny too since two doctor-like roles would be an even stranger thing, leave alone a role that isnt guaranteed to be a town-aligned role that focuses on protecting from kills when there doesnt seem to be a vigilante either. It just doesnt check out.
[Unvote] Alistair
[Eliminate] Kiet

48 minutes ago, CrimsonDragon21 said:

@Seal Could you tell us who was the 3rd person you investigated and why haven't you investigated the most suspicious ones (Myself for example?)

The reason why I followed Lykos was that I was panicking because the phase almost ended, I followed Bibs because I didn't know what to think of him since I don't recall ever being in a game with him and the reason why I didn't mention the first person I followed is that I'm a very clever boy that didn't realize he can follow someone on night 1.

More i read what Kiet writes and more it makes me doubt that he's town, so i believe in what Ali says. 

Also i want to say one thing about this: "With her now revealing her one-time-only ability though, it could go either-way. @ purplecida So i am inclined to hear more about that ability, cause we might already be in a Lylo situation."

Well honestly, if i were Nicki, i wouldn't reveal how her ability works if it's really that important to us. I think it would be high risk to take, but i don't deny that mafia people have probably set its sights on Nicki as the next victim.

So i will put my vote on Kiet right now:

[Eliminate] CrimsonDragon21

• Veterans

okay, so, on alistair's counterargument-

it makes sense that the role kiet has is more similar to the Keeper role that I had in ross's bttb game. instead of it just being a protective role with a side effect of being roleblocked, the target is basically unable to be targeted by anyone. 

right now i'm still divided between alistair and kiet.

That's a good point although my understanding of Ross' Keeper role is that it just protected the targeted player from 1 attack that night, not that it protected from being targeted by anyone at all? Like for instance a "Keeper" Kiet using his ability on me would have prevented a kill attempt on me, however it shouldn't have prevented you from checking my role like it did.

Either way we can't really know for sure if another "Keeper" role in the present game would function under the same principles... so it's still left to conjecturing.

I am making myself only more suspicious by adding this info but welp, you can't make yourself more suspicious if you are already the prime target:

Cause there were some questions about my role as in general i looked up my role information and realised i didn't really pay a lot of attention.

My role really acts like the Keeper. Whoever i visit gets protected. Whoever visits this person gets roleblocked. Additionally the person who got protected can't do anything this nightphase.
I just assumed that i only roleblock the person i visit.

With that beeing said, you can either believe me or think i just add more to my role, to make myself look more towny.

I can't really defend myself against Ali's claim, cause i already revealed everything about myself.

I mean i also had a Glass Mirror, which gives me my original role back, when the current holder of the glass mirror dies, but this information is to no extent helpful, cause the Old Maid already died.
So it's basically in which claims you trust more. (there is still a possible situation, that we are both Town or both Mafia)

12 hours ago, Walpurgis said:

That argument is funny too since two doctor-like roles would be an even stranger thing, leave alone a role that isnt guaranteed to be a town-aligned role that focuses on protecting from kills when there doesnt seem to be a vigilante either. It just doesnt check out.

It was never revealed that there are 2 doctor-like roles though. L'Belle the possible Doctor died without giving us a hint what his role could have been.

As for Ali's case it is confirmed. that there are 2 messenger/spy roles.

And we don't know the allignments of the 2nd messenger/spy role. But imo it wouldn't make sense to have 2 messenger allied to town. Cause that role is rather useless and don't really provide anything if there isn't a counterpart who could feed off false information.

Those are just my assumptions.

11 hours ago, LykosHand said:

Also i want to say one thing about this: "With her now revealing her one-time-only ability though, it could go either-way. @ purplecida So i am inclined to hear more about that ability, cause we might already be in a Lylo situation."

Well honestly, if i were Nicki, i wouldn't reveal how her ability works if it's really that important to us. I think it would be high risk to take, but i don't deny that mafia people have probably set its sights on Nicki as the next victim.

If it is a one-time only ability and could clear up this situation right now. Why not use it now? Or rather not use it and regret it later, cause this could be the last dayphase as of right now.

Nonetheless it depends on you, who you are trusting. So think carefully and make your decision.

...ngl that last post from Kiet does give off kinda towy vibes because the tone and explanation seem genuine... ugh I'm a bit worried we're both town and the mafs are just laughing in a corner now.

I still obv suspect Kiet since some of his previous explanations sound very iffy, and I don't want to withdraw my vote because I'm the second most-voted person and if I get lynched we're very likely to lose given the numbers.

All I can say about my role is that yes I wholeheartedly agree with Kiet that it's been kinda useless since I have like... no information to feed anyone I attempt to message, be it true or false. I have no particular interaction with anyone else, nor anything special to tell. It kinda bugs me to have a relatively useless ability like this but that's just the way it is.

I'd tell Seal to check me next night to verify me but unfort it's kinda late for that since we're already in a critical situation as of this current phase. Well, @Seal, the offer still stands if the opportunity happens.

Are you asking the sheriff to shoot, Kiet?
[Unvote] Kiet
I'm almost certain this already is a LyLo situation, lynching someone that isnt mafia can easily lead to the end of the game as Kiet's role is most likely the last one with the ability to prevent a night kill. I agree with Ali, Kiet's last post feels genuine and even if neither of them have any that proves they're town I'm inclined to believe both.
Mafia has clearly the advantage in this situation so my guess is that they havent been taking too many risks this day phase.

I think my final vote goes to Cass. 
She has been avoiding the spotlight but not to the point it'd be suspicious, making posts that give a fake impresion of contribution despite of the lack of actual solid analysis or proof. She avoided voting for kiet despite claiming that she found his behaviour to be suspicious too, but immediately after jumps to vote Ali basing her vote off of very bland proof (maybe as a way of safeguarding herself just in case town somehow manages to make it to day 4? I know I have avoided jumping into bandwagons against innocent players when playing as mafia for similar reasons). 
Despite her acknowledging the gravity of the situation in her very first post this phase she has failed to make actual contributions or even somewhat solidly justified votes, so here we go.
[Eliminate] Cass

@Captain Breakfast @purplecicada @LykosHand @Alistair @andracass @CrimsonDragon21 @Seal

Somehow i think that could be a scheme from the Mafia to misslead us, but we don't really have any better leads right now.

So i am inclined to follow that Bandwagon.

[Unvote] Ali

[Eliminate] Cass

Here is a question, cause Cass has the Performer (Actress) role, will she appear as the Host when she gets lynched, even when we know that she is the Performer?

And will her Allignment have the allignment as the role she currently has (Host) or that of her baserole?

Huh... well I wasn't expecting to come back to this. At this point I don't think my vote will change anything, but I don't mind jumping from one of my suspects to another, especially given the nature of Kiet's last couple posts.

[Unvote] CrimsonDragon21

[Eliminate] Cass

Though I'd point out that I'm now the 6th person to vote for Cass. If we assume there are 5 townies left vs 3 mafs, that means there's some bussing going on if Cass is indeed guilty.