Masquerade Mafia Madness(Game over, Ballgoer Victory)

DigitalAmber

Something was off as everyone woke up. They couldn't tell what, but they could feel it. Maybe it was the fact that it was later in the morning then they had originally guessed, or maybe it was the fact that no bodies were found. Regardless, everyone was anxious not to die today. 

Day 4 has started. No bodies were discovered. 

1. Lord Draykle- TownSided Messenger

2. Captain Breakfast

3. Purplecicada

4. Jace Stormkirk- Townsided Conversationalist

5. L'Belle- Townsided Physician 

6. Psychic Bean Sheep- Self Sided Worrywart

7. Seal

8. Andracass- Mafiasided Party Host

9. Alistair

10. Walpurgis

11. LykosHand

12. Kabs- TownSided Reversionist

13: CrimsonDragon21

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We dont have any way to know. I'm inclined to vote against Ali again, but I want to hear what the other players have to say. No kills means either mafia was roleblocked or target was protected, so I want to know who did kiet roleblock and why.

OBJECTION! It appears that Cass' role shows up as the last role she visited upon death, however she doesn't copy alignment. Because yes, I'm indeed the Party Host (as she mentioned during the previous day phase) but I'm not mafiasided.

If I may add, it makes sense for her role to not necessarily copy alignment in this set-up, where most roles are not alignment-specific anyway. The alignment that showed up was her original one, which means we at last successfully lynched our first maf. As much as I wasn't comfortable with RNG being the decisive factor, I have to say it made things right this time.

Moving on to last night's matters, I'm assuming that Kiet successfully protected the mafia's target, or blocked the mafia killer, so good job on that front. Assuming his role is the only one that could have prevented a death, that potentially proves him innocent. Now, among the last few remaining players, my suspects would be Seal/Lykos (much like last time I stand by the idea that they're either innocent together or mafia together) and possibly Nicki who has been more discreet recently... well, except for her newfound suspicions about me, which I must admit aren't completely unwarranted given that Cass' maf flip may make me look bad.

I'm also waiting for Kiet's report because there's a fair chance the last person he blocked was the mafia killer.

To have thought that my gut-feeling was right from the beginning

Here is my Part to this dayphase to probably clear everyones mind:

The main villains probably right now are the ones who didn't vote Cass in the first place. Ali, Nicki and Ben. But cause Ben is confirmed Town, there are only 2 remaining.

2nd there were probably only 3 targets the Mafia would go after this nightphase. Seal (cause of his Psychic role), Ben (confirmed Town) or myself (the Nurse). So i thought it would be better to try roleblock the Mafias instead of protecting the main targets a with lesser chance of succeeding, cause i couldn't protect myself.

Cause Ali already got suspected by me and Nicki having told us about her 1-time only ability, i had the thought she will perform the nightkill. So i blocked (protected) Nicki. Weird that she didn't mention getting restrained though.

Just to be sure, that Nicki is Mafia: Does anyone have a vest or something in that sort?

@LykosHand Who did you choose as your maintarget for the nightphase? (cause there is still a slim possiblity that Mafia choose Lykos and he directed all nightactions onto Nicki, who got protected)

It would also be cool to give us a list of redirects per Nightphase.

@Seal Seal wasn't blocked or targeted, so he could probably give us Information about the person he visited this nightphase.

It would also be cool if you could correct if there is something wrong with the information i gathered from your post: N0 - noone, N1 - Lykos, N2 - Bibs, N3 - ???

Also imo i think Ali and Nicki are trying to blame each other right now, to look more towny. My suspicions are still on both of them.

What are your thoughts?

Glad to know that no one died in the last night phase. And also Ali, me and Seal are both innocents but i want to hear too which person Seal visited last night so he can help us with voting the right person. Also no Kiet, i chose Ali last night because i suspected that he could be mafia and i still think that he could be mafia. 

I agree with Kiet's reasoning, probably Ali and Nicki are really the last mafias, but first i want to hear Seal because maybe he visited one of them before to vote someone. Just to be sure.

• Global Mods

My one-time use ability is visiting any one person and inviting them to share a chat with me. This can be of any alignment. I do not know the alignment of anyone until they discuss it with me first, and even then it's a 50/50 of whether or not they're telling the truth. I went to do this the previous night phase, as I felt that I would probably get targeted by mafia, however I was stopped and could not carry it out.

I did not want to mention being restrained so early because I wasn't sure if I had gotten protected or not, as this would have drawn a large target on my back for mafia. Also, I wanted to see if Kiet would slip up, as I had assumed the possibility of mafia not performing a kill to try and get me, an easy lynch target, lynched next day phase. So yes, I do confirm that I was role blocked, however I am not the scum you are looking for. Take this as you will, but I am telling the truth.

I'm not sure how and why Nicki would be a priority target for the mafia, compared to Seal who allegedly can see alignments or Kiet who can roleblock. So I don't really understand why Nicki would avoid telling us that she was restrained as I don't think she would be more or less of a target after that.

Likewise Idk why the mafia would pass up the opportunity to perform a kill last night just in order to get Nicki, who isn't the most prominent threat against them.

If Kiet used his ability on Nicki and no death occured, that can mean several things:

- Nicki was the mafia killer and was blocked. That's possible.

- Nicki was the mafia's target. Possible if the mafia chose to go for an inconspicuous target instead of a threatening one.

- The mafia didn't Attack. Unlikely, it's too late in the game for this kind of trick.

- The mafia attacked someone else and that person held a vest. Unlikely.

I think that all things considered the more likely scenario is that Nicki was involved, but as killer or target? Both are possible.

As for myself I only have to say that Nothing happened to me last night, nor did I do anything (I feel that my messenging ability is pointless now that my role has been publicly revealed by Cass). Presumably I wasn't blocked or targeted, unless someone healed me but in that case I suppose I would know.

On that note I suggest not wasting protection on me since I'm clearly not a priority target for the mafia and my ability is mostly harmless against them.

Since some people seem to believe that Nicki and I are mafia together, I'd like to point out that acting divided and throwing suspicions on each other so late in the game, when the possibilities are few and every single vote count, would be an asinine strategy. I'm not part of the mafia, and we're not accomplices. I can only vouch for my own alignment, and not hers one way or another.

We still dont know if Cass was really aligned with mafia or if it was Ali's alignment. If Cass wasnt mafia (well, actually this is the smartest move regardless of her alignment) then abstaining from killing doesnt make sense since there's an easy target -Kiet- who can't protect himself and there's pressumably no other role with the ability to protect him, and killing him could have easily resulted in the end of the game. I'd understand mafia not targeting Seal just because it was an obvious move and there was a high chance of him getting protected and at the same time I understand that Kiet, imagining that Seal wasnt actually in danger and that even if he was protecting him that would make him not worth protecting because then he wouldnt be able to check anyone's alignment.
Nicki being the target sounds like a random and unsafe play, so I'm very inclined to think she's guilty. She having a one time ability also explains why would she be the mafia member that takes care of the kills, as most of the time it wouldnt mean giving up on using her ability.
[Eliminate] Nicki

• Global Mods

I would like to point out that I was one of the first to figure out Cass' alignment and actually pushed a scumread on her. Why on earth would I have done that so early in the game if we were accomplices? Yes, I know I townread her at the end but for most of the part, I was scumreading her. Those who have played as mafia with me in the past could vouch that bussing is not a part of my playstyle in the slightest, and that is not going to change so easily.

To add to my innocence, I have been actively scumhunting and I even shared insights to what roles could be. Why would I have gone to those efforts if I was mafia? I wouldn't have, that's why. Throughout this entire game, I have been helpful towards townies. I assumed I had a target on my back because of my contributions.

To expand on my ability, I suppose I should role reveal now (even if it doesn't do much). To no surprise of those who have played Amber's games before, I am the Maid. Except this time, I have an alignment and am aligned to Town. I tried to give ideas to my own role to throw off the Mafia, but I lied about those roles. I'm basically confined to the Kitchen at night, and once during the game I'm able to invite a guest (I could say) to the kitchen, which grants us a permanent chat to share. There we can talk about anything, such as who we think is mafia etc. This is one of Amber's games, so if you have any doubt in my claim please remember that all of the roles here are so random and the descriptions are all vague.

Didn't Lykos say he had an ability that could reverse itself on his target? Those who kill his target would get killed instead for example? I guess that would be Kiet's only form of protection.

I am the Maid, aligned to Town. Believe me or not, I am telling the truth.

23 hours ago, LykosHand said:

Glad to know that no one died in the last night phase. And also Ali, me and Seal are both innocents but i want to hear too which person Seal visited last night so he can help us with voting the right person. Also no Kiet, i chose Ali last night because i suspected that he could be mafia and i still think that he could be mafia

I agree with Kiet's reasoning, probably Ali and Nicki are really the last mafias, but first i want to hear Seal because maybe he visited one of them before to vote someone. Just to be sure.

Wait you are contradicting yourself there.

You said: "Ali, me and Seal are both innocents,...." but then later you suspect him as a possible Mafia?

Explain yourself.

@LykosHand Look at my question below:

On 9/26/2018 at 12:06 AM, CrimsonDragon21 said:

It would also be cool to give us a list of redirects per Nightphase. 

Would still be cool to have that list, for further information.

And to Nicki:

Does it really matter who scumread this person first or not? What really matters is the deciding vote in the end.

There were 2 times where you could have voted for Cass, but you decided to vote another one (L'Belle and Lykos).

7 hours ago, purplecicada said:

To add to my innocence, I have been actively scumhunting and I even shared insights to what roles could be. Why would I have gone to those efforts if I was mafia? I wouldn't have, that's why. Throughout this entire game, I have been helpful towards townies. I assumed I had a target on my back because of my contributions. 

Also cause someone is contributing in scumhunting and sharing insights on roles, doesn't automatically make them Town. It is a good way to blend in and don't get on the spotlight as the most suspicious one, like me.

But in the end it's a worthless act if you get caught.

7 hours ago, purplecicada said:

Didn't Lykos say he had an ability that could reverse itself on his target? Those who kill his target would get killed instead for example? I guess that would be Kiet's only form of protection. 

Unfortunately that's not how his Ability works. He redirects all of the incoming night actions if i read that correctly.
For example this night if i would have protected Lykos, I would have protected Ali instead, cause Lykos choose to redirect everything onto Alistair.

So if Lykos isn't basically choosing me, i have no protection for myself. Aka i am deadmeat if the nightkill didn't get blocked.

Additionally your role doesn't really sound like that could have one of towns role. You could easily share a chat with someone and manipulate them as one of mafia. Who knows. Everything is possible.

Cause your defense isn't really swaying me to believe you could be Town.
My vote goes to:
[Eliminate] Nicki

Also from a recent mafia game i played (Alaris Game: What lurks below)
There were the spy (Messenger) and the elite spy (Host). Two counterparts.

Elite Spy [Relic Hunter] – Loather of direct human contact, the Elite Spy starts on its own, outside the Mafia’s group chat and without knowing anyone’s alignment. A highly skilled mercenary, their expertise in collecting information is renowned among spies from all over the world, as they feature two night actions. First, they may send an anonymous message to someone. Second, they may investigate the role of a player. The Elite Spy has not the ability to kill unless they’re the last scum of their faction. Unlock: Be contacted by the Spy! Secret ability: If you wish, the messages you send will now announce a person of your choice as the one who sent it.

So that could have been Ali's role. What are your thoughts about this? That could explain Alis thoughtprocess imo.

@CrimsonDragon21 No Kiet lol, i was only answering to Ali saying that me and Seal are innocents ^^. I apologize for have wrote it in a wrong way, my bad. And also i missed it, i will give you the list right now: N0 i choose no one because i didn't make in time to choose one person, N1 i chose Kiet, N2 i chose Bibs, N3 i chose Ali

Also yeah Kiet is right, when i chose one person, all the actions that i get (protection, roleblocking, mafia kill etc.) go to them instead to me.

I wanted to wait for Seal for probably clear some doubts but since he didn't do a post yet, i will put my vote now. I change it btw but depends on what Seal will say and if he will say something. 

[Eliminate] purplecicada

Well this seems to be our safest option for today considering the different scenarii of what could have happened last night.

[Eliminate] Nicki

I have no idea of what "stabilized" could mean, Seal; it's not the kind of thing Kiet's role does, neither does mine, or Lykos'... perhaps Nicki's doing? The word doesn't really carry an ominous signification though, so that's a bit Strange.

Btw the only thing my role has in common with the Elite Spy from Alaris' game is the ability to message someone. 

@DigitalAmber what is to be done about Breakfast, since he left the club? do we simply proceed without him?

On 9/26/2018 at 4:51 PM, purplecicada said:

I would like to point out that I was one of the first to figure out Cass' alignment and actually pushed a scumread on her. Why on earth would I have done that so early in the game if we were accomplices? Yes, I know I townread her at the end but for most of the part, I was scumreading her. Those who have played as mafia with me in the past could vouch that bussing is not a part of my playstyle in the slightest, and that is not going to change so easily.

You did this early in the game when there wasnt a lot of risk of Cass being lynched, I dont think this is something incompatible with you being mafia. Making contributions only means you're a good mafia player, but in this case you've been unfortunately put in a really bad situation, as it's really hard to explain the absence of a mafia kill this night. Since I dont have any other reason to suspect of you other than this, I invite you to help me figure out what could have happened this night phase.

Captain Breakfast - Dropped the game, still a confirmed town - even though he could have been one of Cass' mafia partner and that's why he knew about me being the improviser I find it unlikely he'd risk being lynched by being one of the first players to roleclaim and potentially only knowing the roles of 2-3 of the alive players. 

Purplecicada - One time ability of creating a private chat with a player. Protected and roleblocked this night.

Seal - Allegedly targeted Kiet and found out he was innocent (weird use of his ability since at this point Kiet wasnt a suspicious player). He said his role was the psychic but never clarified what was the actual name of his role in this game despite the fact that I asked. 

Alistair - I'm inclined to think he's town because of his posts yesterday and because I think Cass was indeed mafia and due to how they interacted in this game I doubt they were mafia partners (targetting Ali with her ability seems a bit strange, especially knowing she could have gained insight on the roles of other two players instead).

Walpurgis - I have a one time ability I havent used yet.

LykosHand - Allegedly targeted Ali this night with his "switcheroo" ability. I dont see how this would have affected mafia's ability to kill.

CrimsonDragon21 - Targeted you this night protecting/roleblocking you.

I have already exposed the reasons why I think you wouldnt be at the top of mafia's hitlist and I dont see what combination of night abilities could have prevented them from executing their kill.

@DigitalAmber If Lykos' ability of redirecting actions directed towards him were to redirect the mafia kill (or other abilities) towards the person that exectuted it, what would happen? Would it just fail? Or is this secret?

• Global Mods

I have already stated what my role is and what it does, Ali. I do not have such capabilities of "stabilising" anyone, and even if I did have the ability I was roleblocked and protected by Kiet. So that's me out of the question.

I do not know what could have happened that prevented mafia from killing, and even if I was the one who went out and carried out the kills, with Kiet, the Nurse, suspecting me why on earth would I risk carrying out the kill? Think about it for one minute.

Lía, I really can't think of any other solution unless someone else has healing capabilities? I'm not sure. All I know, which I can't change the lynch target now so I can't convince otherwise with what remains left of the day phase probably, is that the kill failed for some reason and it has put me in a very bad position. I can't do anything to convince anyone else otherwise, but I'm not changing my claim at all because I'm speaking the truth.

To be honest, Seal's target choices are a bit strange. If it were me, I'd have checked Ali after Cass was lynched to make sure that he wasn't mafia. Maybe he could have checked me to clarify my innocence. I don't know. I'm gonna just do this even though I can't change the votes in any way.

[Eliminate] Seal.

Seal being targeted and susequently "stabilised" by another player (in other words healed, I suppose) makes sense given his role. However who would have this ability? I think by now most players have either disclosed their abilities or stated that it functions otherwise, such as a one-time thing.

As for why you in particular would carry out the kill out of the remaining mafia goons, I'm not sure. However maybe you agreed that it was better to send you out given that you were already suspected, thus preserving the other maf's safety?

I think we'll know soon enough anyway. The day phase should be coming to an end.

Sinister whispers gathered around the room and Captain Breakfast clutched his head as if it was in intense pain. When the rise of pain stopped, Breakfast seemed different. He claimed his real name was Bok. 

And thus everyone came to the realization hat Bok is replacing Captain Breakfast. 

Today was different in some way, exceptionally different. For starters, the ominous whispers and insane cackling had stopped completely and there was nay a sight to be seen in the whole manor. Seeing it would be unsightly, the protagonist took the knife that had lodged itself into the wall last night. He walked into the manor library to see if anyone was there and saw Nicki quickly and innocuously slide a book on the shelf. Her calm demeanor failed after a long intense staring match. "Aren't you supposed to be in the kitchen, like always?" The protagonist asked. Nicki simply shrugged in response. The protagonist took out a coin. "You live if it lands on tails." He tossed the coin into the air and through the knife with an insane speed that was to the point of where Nicki couldn't dodge in time. It pinned her corpse to the bookshelf through her neck. With a surprising amount of grace for a killer, the protagonist stuck two fingers in the air and neatly caught the coin between them. "Sometimes the game is rigged." The protagonist noted with suprise that Nicki had been stabbed through an unabridged hardcover of Homestuck, printed in its entirety with all the pretty pictures, individually screenshotted moving pictures, and diverging routes. 

Nicki is dead, she was the mafia sided maid. 

Night 4 has begun. Good luck. 

1. Lord Draykle- TownSided Messenger

2. Captain Breakfast

3. Purple cicada- Mafiasided Maid

7. Seal

9. Alistair

10. Walpurgis

11. LykosHand

12. Kabs- TownSided Reversionist

13: CrimsonDragon21

• Global Mods

I believe it is time I revealed my mask....

Spoiler

C3A9CD2E-FC53-418F-9FF3-0A5ED4B6E205.png.45f48e2795bd3912a599f7a36d04551d.pngAs the light of justice shines upon my mask...I expose the hearts of malevolent evil... Justice Complete! The center of justice that is pierced by justice! The lead star of justice that shines in the night sky! That would be me... Sparkling Justice! (`⌒´) Now then...let's execute justice!(`∀´)

Hmph...it appears that...the time has come for this mask to come off... However, that's perfectly fine... It's no longer necessary.

The next morning came peacefully and quietly. It seemed things were winding down. Or maybe it was just the calm before the storm

Day 5 is here. Nobody died. 

1. Lord Draykle- TownSided Messenger

2. Captain Breakfast

3. Purple cicada- Mafiasided Maid

7. Seal

9. Alistair

10. Walpurgis

11. LykosHand