Masquerade Mafia Madness(Game over, Ballgoer Victory)

DigitalAmber

• Veterans

what are you doing i literally just defended kiet

like i've been worried about getting lynched since you found out what I was but i wasn't expecting this to be the single most obvious fucking bandwagon

and, for the record, [Unvote] Alistair

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Veterans

i mean the clearest case for there being something wrong here is that i've got six votes on me despite there being a minimum of 3 non-town roles.

i'm not very good at doing large defense posts.

it's probably worth noting that i hate the position i'm in almost as much as i hate being mafia, which probably explains the lack of energy that i've been putting off (to address breakfast's claim)

i've also been told that i'm not seeming "quite as analytical" pretty much every game since the DR maf game. it's kind of annoying. i make points when I have them.

not only am i getting bw'd but you're all practically assuming that my role is a maf styled role. it's not. all i can do is tell you what role someone has. I don't get to pose as them. I don't learn their alignment. in a game where the roles are deliberately vague, it's kind of next to useless. i like being able to use my role to do things- it's kind of when i do my best work. despite that, i've offered what info i can with my role, and what I was able to offer ended up leading to kiet not getting lynched. (of course, the counter to that is that i'm just trying to protect a fellow maf, and if that's your position, then you can believe what you believe and we'll all lose together.)

i frankly don't know what it'll take to make this not happen. i don't know if the maf is really good this game or what, but just looking at the situation i'm in should indicate that something's really really wrong here.

Yeah I agree that the landslide vote against Cass is really weird. I find strange how everyone else just sorta went with it. Especially Lykos and Seal who were just like "ok I trust you let's do this".

Ngl since I suspected Cass earlier I felt kinda validated, seeing this sudden consensus against her, but the numbers don't quite add up. If we are 6 people voting for her, that means at least one maf would be bussing their own comrade. Why? Aren't we already in a situation where the mafia is at an advantage? Bussing one of their own at this point would make no sense.

[Unvote] Cass

Now the problem remains that I'm not sure who else to vote for.

Ben: really feels town to me. I'm really not considering him.

Nicki: also feels town but I would have liked to read a bit more from her lately, frankly I'm not sure anymore.

Lykos: could go either way, the more I look at his posts the more I think he could just be a maf trying to blend in... yet we have Seal vouching for him which complicates things a little.

Seal: made a claim over a town role and gave his results to back it up, but it happens to be results a maf could easily fake. Given the cohesion between him and Lykos I'd say if one is maf the other probably is too.

Lía: her posts feel genuine, I don't think she really intended to start this huge bw against Cass, but the fact is that she kinda completely changed the course of this phase.

Kiet: A long-standing suspect of mine, I could go back to my old vote which was against him. But after reading his defense I'm not so confident.

The gamble I feel inclined to make rn is betting on the Seal/Lykos core as mafia. In my opinion either they're both innocent, or they're both guilty. It's risky, but if it pays off voting them out one after the other could potentially save the game.

[Eliminate] Lykos

What does everyone else think? Willing to listen to any new element, defense etc. before "locking" my vote (though the day phase will probably end early in the morning for me so if I am to change my mind again it's gonna have to be fast).

The situation with Kiet isn't easy for me since at the first seems town, then mafia and then again town. I'm so indecisive with Kiet that i prefer to not vote for him. I know, i said that for me Cass isn't mafia, but if we consider that there is only one third party, where is dead, then i think that Cass could be mafia and i also said that i would keep an eye on her. That's why i voted for her, but i didn't write it before. 

I will roleclaim too only for make things clear. I'm the footman (redirector) and every night i to choose one person, every action that i receive go to them instead on me. I didn't say before what's my role and my ability because i wanted to drag mafia attention to me, so i could try to kill one of them if i was the next to die. And that's why i said that probably Bibs wasn't really the target of mafia people, because last night i chose Bibs, so maybe bibs died because of me (i know i messed up)

That's all, it's your choice if you will believe me or not.

With everything beeing said till now, i am really unsure who to vote anymore.

Till now i always thought that the Mafia core consisted of Nicki, Ali and Cass. But this dayphase threw everything around. And i am not even sure anymore.

There are groups that could be possible Mafia Duos: Lia/Ben, Lykos/Seal or Ali/Cass.

I don't really have anything of proof or really doubt against Lia/Ben/Lykos and Seal so i might stick with my vote on Cass for now.

It could be a terrible mistake, but we don't have any other proof. So let's see what the phaseshift may bring.

• Global Mods

Kiet, it’s already been confirmed that Ben is a confirmed town role. Your reasoning of him possibly being mafia is therefore flawed. This makes me feel like you are definitely mafia.

If Cass and Ali were maf teammates, I feel that she wouldn’t share Ali’s role so willingly. Still, I think Ali’s alignment could go either way. I don’t believe that Cass and Ali are teammates, although there’s still a possibility only one of them is. But I townread both of them for now, and I was kind of unsure with voting Cass like you all did.

I apologise for only now responding because I’ve been pretty much dead irl, rip.

I personally feel that the chances of Lykos/Seal being a duo are very much higher than the other two possible combinations. Lía and Ben being a maf duo is out of the question as both have been able to confirm each other’s roles (although Lía could still be mafia, Ben definitely is not.), and I already stated why it wouldn’t be possible for Ali and Cass to be a maf duo. Also the behaviour and conversations between Lykos and Seal almost seems planned... I don’t know. I’m really confused.

[Eliminate] Lykos.

I know Cass, that's why i said probably it's my fault. Anyway i don't really understand what's happening here, Seal only roleclaimed and said what he did. Well i can't defend myself it seems, too much votes are on me. I like how mafia turned the situation btw, good job mafia really. Also i didn't even answer about what Seal said about me, so i don't see anything planned by the way. 

I'm just saying that you're voting the wrong guy. I can't defend myself, i don't have proof and i don't have anything to add. Now i'm waiting for the end of this day.

It seems I narrowly missed him. 
I dont think there's a lot of time left but there I go.

I have my reasons to trust Lykos. Do you remember the glass mirror thing? He mentioned having received an item N0 and asked if someone had received anything else during N1. I got a glass mirror that night phase. No item description, no flavor text that could help me figure it out, just "You dont know what it does, you can give it away independently of your night action." Since no other items (guns or vests) seem to exist in this game (I bet someone would've tried to shoot/ would have been saved by a vest at this point) I believe the item Lykos received night 0 was the glass mirror and that he passed it to me.  Would a mafia member give me an item having no idea of what it does when it could potentially mean to be giving a vest or some kind of valuable item to an important town role that might screw them? I dont think so, I dont think so at all.

None of the revealed roles look like they have an ability that would give items. I know i theorized about the improviser being able to give items, I just wanted to see if Cass who would have probably checked me already tried to kill me that night, thinking I had gotten a bulletproof vest that'd protect me from that kill. This didnt happen but I dont think it's enough to rule out the possibility of Cass being mafia, she's smart enough to not fall for something like that.

@Walpurgis

23 hours ago, CrimsonDragon21 said:

I mean i also had a Glass Mirror, which gives me my original role back, when the current holder of the glass mirror dies, but this information is to no extent helpful, cause the Old Maid already died.

I mean the Glass Mirror was mine. And it lost it's purpose after Bean, the old Maid, died. So i gave that mirrow to you.

Also now that you mention it, i would also want to know what Lykos got as an Item, if it wasn't the Glass Mirror.

Nope unfortunately i didn't have the glass mirror, i still have that item. It's called "Scales" and with that i can select two players and exchange their role. Since i didn't know on who i should use it, i thought to keep it instead of use it. Oh and also it's not a only one-time use item.

16 minutes ago, andracass said:

@Walpurgis your vote also no longer makes a lot of sense given that kiet gave you the item and i deliberately covered up knowing what your role was to keep you from being a target

I have the same reasons as before. I still find you more suspicious than Lykos.
Being Ben confirmed as town and after Kiet's and Ali's posts from earlier, factoring in that I'm not mafia myself that means that 3/4 between Lykos, you, Seal and Nicki are mafia. Lykos and you are the both I find the most suspicious so I dont mind this ending in a tie, it worries me more everyone joining one of your bandwagons and assuming the other is innocent.

The manor was being turned over to chaos. Vases were broken and papers scattered the floor as bickering and finger pointing happened among everyone. The pressure was getting to them. Andracass was enjoying watching this. One minute everyone would converge like a swarm of locus on one person, then quickly shift to another. They were like headless chickens. So naturally when the finger pointing hit her, she expected it to bounce off. She quickly tied herself a noose and stood on her little box, as if daring them to kill her. They would switch votes again, she knew. She could cut herself free with her knife if they didn't. The votes shifted like she thought, but with much less enthusiasm then expected. They tied between her and Lykos and stubbornly refused to budge. Panic quickly overwhelmed her. What if they killed her because it would be easier? She lifted the knife to cut herself free, but it caught the attention of one of the primary debaters about what to do. He stepped forward, plucked it from her fingers and spoke, "Hmm, how about we do this. If Lykos lives, Cass dies. Sound fair?" With a suprising dexterity, the knife was hurtling towards Lykoshand, who stepped backwards, tripped over a vase, and fell backwards. Death flew a narrow few inches above his face and solidly embedded itself in the wall behind him. Eyes quickly shifted to Cass. Despite her kicking, someone managed to shift the box out from under her. She grabbed the rope, hoping to live. 

It was in vain. 

As a few people searched her body, unstable, unconstrained laughter exploded into the room. It wasn't laughter of a normal man, it had a darker, twisted, insane edge to it. It was the laugh of a madman. The laugh of a psychopath. 

Andracass is dead. She was the Mafiasided Party Host. Night 3 has started, it lasts 24 hours. Have fun. 

1. Lord Draykle- TownSided Messenger

2. Captain Breakfast

3. Purplecicada

4. Jace Stormkirk- Townsided Conversationalist

5. L'Belle- Townsided Physician 

6. Psychic Bean Sheep- Self Sided Worrywart

7. Seal

8. Andracass- Mafiasided Party Host

9. Alistair

10. Walpurgis

11. LykosHand

12. Kabs- TownSided Reversionist