Masquerade Mafia Madness(Game over, Ballgoer Victory)

DigitalAmber

@Captain Breakfast

Who is this Kiet you are talking about? 🤔 Jeah Ben i am Kiet uwu

Is Actress the Detective Role just alligned with the Mafia?

And cause there is a role which could possibly be the Detective (Sleuth) and is confirmed to be alligned with Town, i don't know, which allignment Cass could belong to. But it could go either-way.

2 hours ago, Captain Breakfast said:

To be honest, I doubt mafia killed Jace off. I see that more being a thing done by a vigilante, while the Mafia wound up being roleblocked or having their target protected.

Can you elaborate on that?

Are you telling us that you might be the Vigilante and targeted Jace and the one who got roleblocked (in this case Ali) might be mafia?

Well you also said that they might have targeted a protected person, but we can't really judge this. Cause the Doctor wouldn't just tell who he protected and we won't get much information who targeted that person. (but thats still an option)

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I kind of doubt your claim of Jace being picked off by a Vigilante (if we even have one to begin with). Jace was the original Worrywart, who swapped roles with Bean (now revealed to originally have been the Conversationalist). As stated before, in order for the Worrywart to be able to switch into an "evil" role, the Marauders would have to not know the identity of the other Marauders. Otherwise a Marauder-turned-Worrywart could just turn against their former allies, join up with the Ballgoers and snitch on their former friends.

If anything, this confirmed to us that Jace was very likely a Ballgoer (Neutral at worst), which may be why the Marauders decided he had to go. In either case, on the off chance it was the Vigilante (which I once more doubt very much), I don't think it was a very wise play.

• Veterans

it's quiet

i'm with bibs on his suggestion that there might not be a vigilante at all, mainly because (looking at the roles) i'm not sure who exactly they'd be.

my only idea would be the improviser, simply because the role description implies that they can't be protected by the healer. within the context of the game, i'd imagine they'd just kinda cut other people's costumes up.

this is just speculation though

I will try to give my opinion about players too

Captain Breakfast: As some people have already said, Breakfast is hard to read for me too, but this doesn't mean that i don't suspect him as mafia. I'm not sure, don't worry Breakfast, you can probably be town as well.

Purplecicada: From what i saw, she contributed a lot and she tried to help. So i think that she's town.

L'Belle: I'm not sure what to say about Belle, so i think that he couls be mafia.

Seal: Same as Belle, he could mafia or town as well, i'm not sure what to say about him too. But if i look at previous games, i would say that Seal is town.

Andracass: Well we know her role, but not her alignment. My hope is that she is town, i don't think that she's mafia too but maybe she could be third party, so i have to keep an eye on Cass.

Alistair: I would say that in my opinion Ali is town, so far i haven't seen anything that would make me say that he's mafia.

Walpurgis: I know that she voted me in the previous day, but she voted me for a good reason. Also i wouldn't consider her as mafia atm, so i think she's town as well.

Kabs: This is the first time that i see Bibs play a mafia game. It's really difficult for me to give my opinion about him because from what i saw, i would say that he's town but not knowing so well how he plays, makes me think that he could be mafia as well. I keep my second eye on him.

CrimsonDragon21: To be honest i suspect him as mafia, i don't know why i have this feeling. I don't have proof unfortunately, but that's what i think aobut Kiet.

• Global Mods

Apologies for being kinda dead I fell asleep for like 14 hours rip...

Imo, Kiet kind of seems a bit... scared?... of the possibility of a Vigilante, which makes me suspect him a little bit. I need to put my vote somewhere, and I might have to put it on him, if I want to stay alive (I didn't vote last day phase so I could get warned if I don't vote this phase). I mostly have town or neutral leads on everyone else, and I should trust my gut (which is giving me a scum lean on Kiet)...

If he doesn't provide a good enough defence soon, I'll stick a vote on him. I don't want anyone else to follow suit unless he actually gives more scummy behaviour. I'm not too confident on this, tbh when am I ever confident on my own reads?, which is why I'm giving him a chance to defend himself before I decide.

• Global Mods

You know, if we have one role that gives out items... there's a chance we have both a town-sided role like that and a mafia-sided role like that. Usually when you have one role (Gunsmith or Blacksmith for example), you have the opposite alignment equivalent (Fabricator) as well. Goes without saying, but I'd ask people to be careful of any items they receive as they could be fake.

I feel like the Mismatcher (just from its name alone) would probably be more suited to the Fabricator.

Given the reduced number of players, I'm not too sure about several roles sharing the ability to give out stuff, and yet I guess it's possible. However I don't believe in a fabricator type; the impact of fake (and lethal) items being distributed would be too great on a 13-players setting imo. Not to mention the roles don't fit well.

That said, it's of course best to exercise caution as Nicki advised.

I share Nicki's doubts about Kiet, however it's true that Belle kinda stayed Under the radar so far, which I hadn't really noticed until now... hmm. 

Most of the others either give me clear town vibes or have meta circumstances that make their innocence believable (Seal) to my vote may eventually be for one of these two.

The role reveal that happened after Jace's death may have also had something to do with an item, as I seem to remember the crystal ball exists. So I wouldn't rule multiple roles that can gift items out.

As for my thoughts about the current players.

2. Captain Breakfast: Has helped out quite a bit by giving insight on what roles could possibly be, but I'm a bit suspicious about how I've been able to win him over with rather obvious arguments (at least to me) twice, and almost instantly to boot.

3. Purplecicada: Like Breakfast, given quite a bit of insight on roles, and has generally been helpful throughout the game. I wouldn't count anything out, but for now I'll lean more towards town.

5. L'Belle: Literally haven't seen anything barring like one message, which was admittedly a relevant one. Gives me a bit of a lurker vibe because of that. I'll give the benefit of the doubt for now.

7. Seal: Literally haven't seen anything barring like one message, take two. However, this one was much less relevant, meaning I'm also much less inclined to give the benefit of the doubt.

8. Andracass: Role got revealed, but it could still go either way. I don't entirely trust or distrust Cass- I'll leave this one neutral for now.

9. Alistair: Active player that has mostly taken a neutral stance so far, but I'll lean more towards town since his insights have been pretty helpful.

10. Walpurgis: I really just don't know, sorry.

11. LykosHand: Can't help but to wonder why he chose to only mention the received item one day after actually getting it, but that's not too important in either case, I suppose. Barring insights I've seen him mostly parrot. Very neutral atm.

12. Kabs: Obi-Wan Kenobi? Well of course I know him, he's me!

13: CrimsonDragon21: Made a strange hunch with the Vigilante thing towards Breakfast amongst other things. I think I'll have to agree with Nicki and Ali's doubts for now.

Okay seems like bold statements make you iffy and scummy, i see.

I don't really know what i can tell you guys to show you, that i am innocent.

5 hours ago, purplecicada said:

Imo, Kiet kind of seems a bit... scared?... of the possibility of a Vigilante, which makes me suspect him a little bit.

I also don't get why my statement come off as scared (?) from the Vigilante? It was just the first thing that came to my mind after what i read from Ben.

But well sure.

I am the Storyteller. My Ability is to roleblock (but the friendly kind). I hope you get what i am trying to tell you here. If not my 2ndmessage in D1 might explain it

If you still have doubts, just tell them here.

I try to answer them asap before the dayphase ends.

As for my opinions on the current players:
My gut-feeling tells me that either Nicki or Ali might be Mafia. (and i could always trust my gut feeling)

Cause noone is trying to be bold or are doing the first steps of voting someone, i might start it:

[Eliminate] Nicki

Edited by CrimsonDragon21

@Kabs I thought restrained/roleblock is the same.

And yes i visited you on N0 and Ali on N1

7 minutes ago, Kabs said:

Restraining doesn't sound like the Storyteller's cup of tea. 

Well you haven't even heard of my endless stories and you have no choice of escaping them

39 minutes ago, CrimsonDragon21 said:

I am the Storyteller. My Ability is to roleblock (but the friendly kind). I hope you get what i am trying to tell you here. If not my 2ndmessage in D1 might explain it

I also thought that part would be more clearer (?)

Huh, whaddya know. Of all the roles I could have attributed restraining to, it definitely wasn't the Storyteller. I thought the "restraining" moreso happened forcefully due to the wording.

Might still be the Vagrant trying to cover for himself but I don't really have any reason to doubt you on that for now. Also I must have not picked up on that last part.

• Global Mods

I don't want to make a three-way tie, and right now I'm kind of inclined to believe Kiet's innocence after questioning him, but I still have doubts on him.

I usually hate voting for people who seem otherwise inactive, but I feel that me placing a pressure vote on him might make him talk.

[Eliminate] L'Belle.

Only reason I'm doing this is because I want to believe Kiet for now, and the three-way tie could result in me being lynched and of course I don't want that.

I might not be able to come back in time to change my vote if Michel provides a defence.

I'm not too bothered that Kiet has voted for me because he finds me "scummy", because I see this as him trying to protect himself from being lynched (even if he's trying to point FOS onto me, I'll give him the benefit of the doubt).

I was indeed restrained last night so Kiet seems to be telling the truth about his role. That doesn't give us his alignment, but I'll consider it a gesture of good faith at least.

I'm iffy about Nicki and L'Belle. I do suspect L'Belle a bit, but not really enough to eliminate him and I think Nicki is a valuable player to keep.

For this reason I'm mostly going to heed my instinct here,

[Eliminate] Cass

The surviving manor guests were huddled in the ballroom, where everything had started. They were worried they might be punished if they weren't there and figured there was strength in numbers. Besides, if this murderer was outside and planting the "pre-recorded" message, they wouldn't want to be out there with him. But maybe being together was worse. After all, it was possible this madman had an accomplice or two. It wouldn't be doubtful to believe that one of the people in the group was that accomplice. Almost as if reading their thoughts, that same murderous, ethereal voice floated out of nowhere and chilled everyone to the bone. 

'Tick, tock, tick, tock, the sound of your clock ticking and ticking and ticking away. When will you learn that you have no free will. All of you are puppets of mine to play with and slaughter as I wish. In fact, some puppets are more troublesome to keep then others. They require too much maintenance and moving parts. Sometimes its better to cut your losses. Well, not your losses, my losses. But one of you will have their strings cut. Just remember, I know in your hearts you chose this. I just act out your rash choices. I. Am. Everyone. Everywhere. Everything. And yet nothing at all. Tick tock.'

A crack rang through the air and it appeared part of the wall had fallen apart. Glinting through the air was a sharp needle, deadly straight and unwavering. L'belle's voice caught in his throat as he tried to leap aside. It tore through his coat and the scrubs underneath. It continued onward and onward till it pierced his chest. He fell back and clutched his chest, dead. On further inspection, it appeared the needle that killed L'belle was a sharpened minute hand from a clock. 

L'belle is dead. He was the Townsided Physician. 

Night 2 has started. Good luck. You have 24 hours. 

1. Lord Draykle- TownSided Messenger

2. Captain Breakfast

3. Purplecicada

4. Jace Stormkirk- Townsided Conversationalist

5. L'Belle- Townsided Physician 

6. Psychic Bean Sheep- Self Sided Worrywart

7. Seal

8. Andracass- Performer

9. Alistair

10. Walpurgis

11. LykosHand

12. Kabs

13: CrimsonDragon21

The morning came later the usual, but nonetheless, the ever weary ballgoers were awoken by that creeping, soft voice. 

'Goooooood morning boys and girls. Are you ready for a sight to behold? No? Too bad. You are mine now. I am your lord. Bow down to me and I will consider playing with you less. Who knows, if you willingly step towards death I might hear out your ideas. I hope no one minds, but I felt like doing some target practice last night. I don't actually care if you minded or not, it just sounded right. I got good news for you in a bad format though so sit tight and munch on that popcorn. I have vision problems. Sometimes it just acts up. And sometimes I mistake people for objects. But you know what can be more bothersome? People who don't prefer bullets and want to go old school. Anyways, I made it so you couldn't miss him today.'

Outside was a grisly mess. Bibs hung from the ceiling, a bowstring tied around his neck. A single red arrow stuck out of his throat. His fancy tuxedo was stained dark crimson. Two more arrows stuck out of his heel and thigh. 

Bibs is dead. He was the TownSided Reversionist.

Day 3 has begun and lasts 48 hours. 

1. Lord Draykle- TownSided Messenger

2. Captain Breakfast

3. Purplecicada

4. Jace Stormkirk- Townsided Conversationalist

5. L'Belle- Townsided Physician 

6. Psychic Bean Sheep- Self Sided Worrywart

7. Seal

8. Andracass- Performer

9. Alistair

10. Walpurgis

11. LykosHand

12. Kabs- TownSided Reversionist

13: CrimsonDragon21

• Veterans

okay, this is really not good. we're a day away from being in lylo, if we're not there already.

lynching l'belle was a massive mistake, and losing bibs sucks since he was pretty good for his first game.

it also doesn't really hurt for me to share info since you all already know who I am. Ali is the Host.