Tell Me Your Favorite Pokemon! ~CLOSED~

J-Awesome_One

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not sure what your stance is in terms of 'cross-playing', but I might as well throw this first idea out there anyway:

'Reborn', in terms of the forums, is frequently shortened down to 'RBRN', which for some stupid reason reminds me of the word-that's-often-used-as-a-name 'Ribbon' (despite not having a second r). Arguably, there's a bit of symbology here (the run's a ribbon that ties the favorites of many here together), but that seems a touch sappy, no?

'Revo' arguably works as being shorthand for the entirety of the forums' full name, but that would mean that the character will share their name with an uninstaller program. But aren't we technically 'uninstalling' Team Meteor's influence throughout the entire game? Seems like another solid option to me.

5 minutes ago, Commander said:

<<

>>

First, you spelled Ninetales wrong. Since my first is taken, we'll go with my second choice: Delcatty. That is all.

1. Thank you for the telling of your (2nd) fav Pokemon!

2. Have... I been blind all my life? I literally JUST noticed today how Ninetales is spelt... I swear to you ALL my life, I thought it was tails and not tales... What is wrong with me?!

2 minutes ago, Autumn Zephyr said:

I'm not sure what your stance is in terms of 'cross-playing', but I might as well throw this first idea out there anyway:

'Reborn', in terms of the forums, is frequently shortened down to 'RBRN', which for some stupid reason reminds me of the word-that's-often-used-as-a-name 'Ribbon' (despite not having a second r). Arguably, there's a bit of symbology here (the run's a ribbon that ties the favorites of many here together), but that seems a touch sappy, no?

'Revo' arguably works as being shorthand for the entirety of the forums' full name, but that would mean that the character will share their name with an uninstaller program. But aren't we technically 'uninstalling' Team Meteor's influence throughout the entire game? Seems like another solid option to me.

Hmm... Not setting anything in stone yet but so far, I'm liking Ribbon.

...I'm surprised nobody mentioned lycanroc until now, actually. Huh. On that note, any rockruff can evolve into its Dusk form in Reborn- you just need to be sure that it's somewhere between 5:00 pm and 5:59 pm when it happens! I imagine this one's natural access to Rock Climb will come in handy quite a bit towards the end...

Slakoth is in the Obsidia Park as well, but unlike buneary is post-restoration only. Makes sense to me- the thing does stats that are quite similar to Groudon's, and while Truant isn't the greatest Ability in the world, it does serve as a perfectly valid excuse to use the otherwise-ignored Giga Impact! Having used slaking back in Gen. 3 (when Hyper Beam was Physical and hilariously looked like it was coming out of its nose), I can assure you that it hits every bit as hard as it sounds it does.

Oh, and with that, we're past the 50 pokemon mark! ...Good thing there are so many Gym Leaders in this game, huh?

14 minutes ago, Autumn Zephyr said:

...I'm surprised nobody mentioned lycanroc until now, actually. Huh. On that note, any rockruff can evolve into its Dusk form in Reborn- you just need to be sure that it's somewhere between 5:00 pm and 5:59 pm when it happens! I imagine this one's natural access to Rock Climb will come in handy quite a bit towards the end...

Slakoth is in the Obsidia Park as well, but unlike buneary is post-restoration only. Makes sense to me- the thing does stats that are quite similar to Groudon's, and while Truant isn't the greatest Ability in the world, it does serve as a perfectly valid excuse to use the otherwise-ignored Giga Impact! Having used slaking back in Gen. 3 (when Hyper Beam was Physical and hilariously looked like it was coming out of its nose), I can assure you that it hits every bit as hard as it sounds it does.

Oh, and with that, we're past the 50 pokemon mark! ...Good thing there are so many Gym Leaders in this game, huh?

Actually, we're at 51 now. 😛 So wait. Is Rockruff only available when you have Rock Climb?

12 minutes ago, Autumn Zephyr said:

No, no, it knows Rock Climb! All three forms learn the move at Lv. 45. Rockruff itself is a standard encounter on Route 2- and I believe the one I caught was high enough of a level to come knowing the move already.

Lol. Ohh. Ok. Sorry. It's late here and my mind is not working at 100% right now. Haha.

Alright. So just a quick remind. Only like some more hours til I close this thread and make another 1 with the videos on it. Any new people that come on here tell me your fav Pokemon and everyone else, keep thinking of a good name that's about all of us on here. Like I said, I maybe playing this but everyone is going on this journey together. So I want a name that represents us all. So far, it seems like we're going with Ribbon but that's subject to change if I see something more ear pleasing. 🙂

I would say you name your character as James. No, it's not bias to your profile picture. James is a person who uses any pokemon no matter what. He'll catch all odd pokemon and love them and use them in battle. This play through is very similar to that kind of personality so I would suggest James as the name. 

Just got done with dinner, gonna clean up, go for a walk and when I come back, I'm gonna start recording. So I'd say you all have about 1 hour, maybe 2, til I start playing and prob at least 5 hours til it's uploaded onto my YouTube Channel. Still got a little bit of time for new people to come in and also more suggestions on what the protog name should be. Again, so far, Ribbon is the name I'm sticking to.

39 minutes ago, J-Awesome_One said:

ALRIGHT! No more telling me of new fav mons and no more suggestion of names!

My fave if Garde with a nickname I'll decide latur.  I bet Im the first to choose such an undurrated mons.  I think we should be called Mysterio because it's so mysterious and will help build intrigue at our cool, silent, mysterious character.  Please give me a shoutout on ur Utube page, plz!!!  THX!!!!!  :DDDDDDDDD!!!!!!!

By god, I'm cringing at this even in full ironic-shitposting mode.  I'm truly sorry you spent a few seconds of your life reading that, and I hope I did not scar your soul.

23 hours ago, J-Awesome_One said:

2. Have... I been blind all my life? I literally JUST noticed today how Ninetales is spelt... I swear to you ALL my life, I thought it was tails and not tales... What is wrong with me?!

Tbh same xD but I was enlightened like a year ago when I searched for ninetails' moveset and google told me "do you mean ninetales?"

Well... That took longer than expected but hey. It's begun! The 1st Episode is out. You know, I never thought I'd get these many people telling me their fav (or 2nd or 3rd or whatever) Pokemon but it's been a huge blast to see a lot of you come here and do that. But now, the fun here will stop but the fun will continue in the thread I post here! So I just wanna say thank you to everyone here. Thank you all so much. You make this J-Awesome_One feel even more awesome. And you are all awesome too. Soo... without further ado, good-bye here and hello there! 😁