Tell Me Your Favorite Pokemon! ~CLOSED~

J-Awesome_One

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Electric debacle: I obviously can't speak for everyone here, but I personally only really like 7 pokemon from this Type (Alola!chu, magneton, magnezone, rotom <Mow especially>, eelectross, charjabug, and UB03: Lighting <xurkitree>), and even then none of them make my top 10. As such, the it hits the #2 slot of 'Types Autumn is least likely to Mono-Type/specialize in', between Dark and (contrary to what my favorite pokemon implies) Water.

A Special crobat, though? That's a new one for me- I've always ran them Physically, myself. Seems like it'd have some issues in the Cave Field Effect (since that chokes out Special Flying attacks), but since a lot of pokes in those are things crobat can't really handle too well anyway, that might actually be a moot issue...

23 minutes ago, chaoticangel97 said:

Despite what you might believe by looking at my avatar, my favorite is Zoroark! It is absolutely not good competitively but to me, Zoroark will always be the best dark type lol.

Why what do you mean? Obviously, your avatar is a Zoroark using it's Illusion (I think it's called that anyways. Tell me if I got it wrong.) ability on a Squirtle that's wearing a badass cape.

So I think if everything goes right, this thing will all start tomorrow. New people have at least all of today and up until afternoon tomorrow to tell me their fav Pokemon. After that, no more. What has been told to me will be the team. Which btw is freaking 46 Pokemon. I did NOT see that coming. I know I sound like a broken record at this point but I can't thank everyone enough for this. 🙂 Ahh. I almost forgot. I'll be making a separate thread for when the playthrough starts and I've been thinking. I'm gonna be catching Pokemon in the videos obviously but should I also tag the people that told me their favs? So basically I would post Episode 1 and then say I catch like 4 Pokemon in that episode, I tag the 4 people at the bottom so they know that they know their mon has been caught. It sounds like a good idea to me but Idw to annoy people you know?

Also, there's a good amount of Pokemon here that I have NO idea where the hell they're at. If you feel like you wanna tell me where they are or how to obtain them, please let me know. Before I list those though, I need to know something. Do Turtwig, Bulbasaur and Mudkip all have in game event stuff so I can catch them? I can't remember. I ask because if 1 don't and the other 2 do, then I'd obviously choose the 1 that doesn't have the event capture. Ok. Onwards to the Pokemon I have no idea where they are in the game!

Gible

Buneary

Deino

Larvitar

Cherubi

Murkrow

Shuckle

Vulpix

Dewpider

Jangmo-o

Poiple

Litwick

Bagon

Zorua

We only need four more people for a nice even 50

25 minutes ago, J-Awesome_One said:

Also, there's a good amount of Pokemon here that I have NO idea where the hell they're at. If you feel like you wanna tell me where they are or how to obtain them, please let me know. Before I list those though, I need to know something. Do Turtwig, Bulbasaur and Mudkip all have in game event stuff so I can catch them? I can't remember. I ask because if 1 don't and the other 2 do, then I'd obviously choose the 1 that doesn't have the event capture. Ok. Onwards to the Pokemon I have no idea where they are in the game!

Those three should haven events, though I think Bulbas might not be till post-restoration......maybe.   

Spoiler

Cherubi is in the hidden garden near the start of the game I think

Murkrow is an event in Lapis at night.

Vulpix is a trade in Agate.

I think Litwick is in the cult place, though I don't remember.

Deino is lenghthy one, involving finding 3 'Dark Matter' items in hidden place, then bringing them and a soul candle to the cult's alter.

2 minutes ago, seki108 said:

We only need four more people for a nice even 50

Those three should haven events, though I think Bulbas might not be till post-restoration......maybe.   

Reveal hidden contents

Cherubi is in the hidden garden near the start of the game I think

Murkrow is an event in Lapis at night.

Vulpix is a trade in Agate.

I think Litwick is in the cult place, though I don't remember.

Deino is lenghthy one, involving finding 3 'Dark Matter' items in hidden place, then bringing them and a soul candle to the cult's alter.

I figured Cherubi was there. I just wasn't 100% sure. Although something tells me you can only find it in the morning so there's that. Thanks for telling me some of them btw! 😄

Gible is in the desert. Roam about the desert area(not train area) and you'll cones across a sand dune with a big hole. In there you'll have to solve the puzzle. Aka find among the million sand pits, which is the right one to go through and then press the Arceus switches on both sides. Next you make your way through the Garchomp statue area and defeat as many as you like to proceed. Finally you enter a room where you have to place pokesnax in the middle bowl. Now you jump through a sand dune and exit. Redo the entire process again but without the switches and Garchomp. Gible will be eating the pokesnax. You have to interact with it from behind and catch it. 

For Dieno you have to find 3 dark materials and go to the Arceus sanctum where Luna was captured. You can look up dark material locations. 

All of the starter pokemon are in the game now (aside from the very start of the game, of course), so it's more a matter of which is the hardest to get ahold of.

Bulbasaur can be found in the wild after renovating Azurine Island. It's rather rare, however, and significantly lower leveled than the other pokes in the area, so be prepared to hang a while (unless you're lucky, I guess).

Tutwig is the reward for one of the puzzles in the Agate Circus. The vendor in question gives a froakie-themed puzzle that rewards a copy of TMX Dive first, and once that's cleared the turtwig one isn't available until after you beat Terra- but it's pretty early compared to most of the other starters, and 15-square puzzles aren't that difficult if you know the trick to them (thanks, Insurgence...).

Speaking of Dive, mudkip is in one of the underwater villages just outside of Apophyll Beach (specifically, near the part that plays the Peridot Ward's theme instead of Apophyll Academy's; from the underwater perspective, the locked houses will be labeled 'Kingsbury'). You need either an Antidote or a Pecha Berry to get to join you, but you don't have to battle it as a result.

Moving on from starters, poipole's a bit of a doozy- you need to have every other available pokemon registered as caught in your Pokedex to get it. In other words, you're gonna have to trade someone to use it in-game.

Zorua will appear masquerading as Corey in various parts of Reborn City after that tragedy, and move around the city ala teddiursa. I don't know if that even still occurs post-restoration, but that shouldn't matter if it's a team member anyway, right?

Jangm-o is in (or on, rather) the Teknite Range like rowlet is, and is similarly found as an egg there. It has all the same move requirements as ol' Robin Hoot, plus Rock Climb for good measure- as such, you won't be able to get it until after the 16th Gym Leader.

Larvitar also requires Rock Climb to find, and involves a puzzle that spans both the part of Tanzan Mountain that the giant steelix carved through and a new portion found by surfing around the lake in the Tanzan Cove. The puzzle involves collapsing the Cave field a lot, and while some of the wild pokemon do learn moves that can do that for you, they're highly unreliable. As such, I recommend bringing your own pokemon capable of using Bulldoze, Earthquake, or Magnitude to get the job done.

I don't know about anywhere else, but I do know that buneary are standard wilds in the (post-restoration) Obsidia Ward- as are lopunny, for that matter. If anyone knows of an earlier time to find them, feel free to point it out. 

Dewpider can be found by Surfing in the North Adventurine Woods- thankfully, that's the easier portion of the place...

Lastly, there's shuckle. A rare encounter from spamming Rock Smash on the rocks on Apophyll Beach- specifically, only the ones in the Training Grounds have them. Unless that's changed since 2016? That's the latest I found when searching for information on the nigh-unkillable trollbug...

1 hour ago, Jess said:

Hmmmm Sawsbuck and Vivillon. 🙂 

Well I'm only going to use 1 and since you said Sawsbuck 1st, it shall be that 1 that gets used. I was worried you wouldn't be able to get in on time with this but I'm glad you did. Haha.

5 minutes ago, Autumn Zephyr said:

All of the starter pokemon are in the game now (aside from the very start of the game, of course), so it's more a matter of which is the hardest to get ahold of.

Bulbasaur can be found in the wild after renovating Azurine Island. It's rather rare, however, and significantly lower leveled than the other pokes in the area, so be prepared to hang a while (unless you're lucky, I guess).

Tutwig is the reward for one of the puzzles in the Agate Circus. The vendor in question gives a froakie-themed puzzle that rewards a copy of TMX Dive first, and once that's cleared the turtwig one isn't available until after you beat Terra- but it's pretty early compared to most of the other starters, and 15-square puzzles aren't that difficult if you know the trick to them (thanks, Insurgence...).

Speaking of Dive, mudkip is in one of the underwater villages just outside of Apophyll Beach (specifically, near the part that plays the Peridot Ward's theme instead of Apophyll Academy's; from the underwater perspective, the locked houses will be labeled 'Kingsbury'). You need either an Antidote or a Pecha Berry to get to join you, but you don't have to battle it as a result.

Moving on from starters, poipole's a bit of a doozy- you need to have every other available pokemon registered as caught in your Pokedex to get it. In other words, you're gonna have to trade someone to use it in-game.

Zorua will appear masquerading as Corey in various parts of Reborn City after that tragedy, and move around the city ala teddiursa. I don't know if that even still occurs post-restoration, but that shouldn't matter if it's a team member anyway, right?

Jangm-o is in (or on, rather) the Teknite Range like rowlet is, and is similarly found as an egg there. It has all the same move requirements as ol' Robin Hoot, plus Rock Climb for good measure- as such, you won't be able to get it until after the 16th Gym Leader.

Larvitar also requires Rock Climb to find, and involves a puzzle that spans both the part of Tanzan Mountain that the giant steelix carved through and a new portion found by surfing around the lake in the Tanzan Cove. The puzzle involves collapsing the Cave field a lot, and while some of the wild pokemon do learn moves that can do that for you, they're highly unreliable. As such, I recommend bringing your own pokemon capable of using Bulldoze, Earthquake, or Magnitude to get the job done.

I don't know about anywhere else, but I do know that buneary are standard wilds in the (post-restoration) Obsidia Ward- as are lopunny, for that matter. If anyone knows of an earlier time to find them, feel free to point it out. 

Dewpider can be found by Surfing in the North Adventurine Woods- thankfully, that's the easier portion of the place...

Lastly, there's shuckle. A rare encounter from spamming Rock Smash on the rocks on Apophyll Beach- specifically, only the ones in the Training Grounds have them. Unless that's changed since 2016? That's the latest I found when searching for information on the nigh-unkillable trollbug...

Wow. That's a lot to get some of those. I feel bad for some of the people that chose Pokemon that can only be obtained way later in the game but I'll feel better knowing that they'll be used. 🙂 Btw, thanks for telling me a lot of these. 😄

8 hours ago, J-Awesome_One said:

Onwards to the Pokemon I have no idea where they are in the game!

I know buneary is in Obsidia Park in the morning before restoration, so a pretty early encounter hehe 🙂 be good to her and get the soothe bell so you can evolve her quickly~

Murkrow iirc you can find in one of the alleyways (I think maybe the gangs'?) if you interact with the murkrows visible overworld. But I'm not sure so prolly you should listen to Seki lel

And I'm totally backing up the idea to ping the users here who wanted their faves used 🙂

3 minutes ago, seki108 said:

If you stop now, you've got 48 by my count.......so close to 50 😞 

True but also what I have right now, we will have a 2 lines in Box 2. Haha.

5 minutes ago, The Swordsman said:

When you start it, could you please put a link of it in this topic please? I want to make sure I don't miss your Lets Play.

I was gonna make a new thread cus this 1 is basically about people telling me their fav mons for me to use. Idk. It would just feel weird. But I'll deff give you the link of the next thread I make when it happens. I'm trying to edit pics together and find music for the opening right now which is why I'm not starting it tonight.

3 minutes ago, Candy said:

I know buneary is in Obsidia Park in the morning before restoration, so a pretty early encounter hehe 🙂 be good to her and get the soothe bell so you can evolve her quickly~

Murkrow iirc you can find in one of the alleyways (I think maybe the gangs'?) if you interact with the murkrows visible overworld. But I'm not sure so prolly you should listen to Seki lel

Ooo. That's great. Literally, I will catch it, run around in the Grand Hall (or any building really less lag) for about an hour or 2 and level up the Buneary to evolve it. xD But I am also deff going to be doing a lot of breeding to get moves I want on certain mons. I'm really excited for that part for some reason. Haha.

1 minute ago, J-Awesome_One said:

I was gonna make a new thread cus this 1 is basically about people telling me their fav mons for me to use. Idk. It would just feel weird. But I'll deff give you the link of the next thread I make when it happens. I'm trying to edit pics together and find music for the opening right now which is why I'm not starting it tonight.

Ooo. That's great. Literally, I will catch it, run around in the Grand Hall (or any building really less lag) for about an hour or 2 and level up the Buneary to evolve it. xD But I am also deff going to be doing a lot of breeding to get moves I want on certain mons. I'm really excited for that part for some reason. Haha.

Psst if you use Waynolt's mod, you can get egg moves via the move relearner 😛

Just now, The Swordsman said:

@J-Awesome_One

Thank you.

You're welcome my man. 😎

1 minute ago, Candy said:

Psst if you use Waynolt's mod, you can get egg moves via the move relearner 😛

Ehh... Idk. When it's a playthrough, I feel like I should do things legit. Hell. I'm not even using the mod where any Pokemon can use an HM moves. Haha.

6 minutes ago, J-Awesome_One said:

14 minutes ago, The Swordsman said:

Well, at least 48 isn't as awkward number as 46, so it's still acceptable.  Good luck ahead of time, with so many mons being later in the game

1 minute ago, seki108 said:

Well, at least 48 isn't as awkward number as 46, so it's still acceptable.  Good luck ahead of time, with so many mons being later in the game

I know right?! Haha. And thanks. 😄

Btw, I forgot to mention this before but I am going to do another thread tomorrow when all of this starts that contains all the videos of this playthrough. I know I could do it here but it just doesn't feel like it should start here. Plus, we are 4 pages into this and then you'd see the 1st episode? That just sounds weird to me. xD But yea. I'll be making a new thread and then I shall link that here so everyone that wants to watch can go right there and no 1 will need to ask when it's gonna start or send me the link please. This way, it'll be right here for you guys to see. And I'm prob gonna lock this thread when that happens. But don't worry. We'll still have much fun on the other thread too as well dudes/dudettes/beings not of this world. 😛

Btw, I don't feel like I should call the character Awesome or Matthew or something from me. While I am playing it, I'm using your guy's Pokemon. Maybe some of y'all can come up with something cool sounding or sweet or smart sounding or whatever on what to name the protoganist that represents all of us? I literally can't think of a thing. Haha.