Pokemon Reborn Pentaop is Here

nepeta100

10 minutes ago, Teto said:

Their toughest challenge so far will be next episode. I hope Shelly won't end the nuzlocke.

I don't want them to lose but I also want shelly to kick nappy around a little

Idk, I know Ame herself has said that she thinks Shelly is a little too strong in the current release and has been nerfed a bit for E18, but personally I don't actually think she's that bad that I could see the whole squad whiting out on her.

Especially considering they have started making good use of field transforming moves lately.

Not saying I don't see any of them losing this battle, but all of them? Ehh.

• Upvote 1

55 minutes ago, ZEL said:

Idk, I know Ame herself has said that she thinks Shelly is a little too strong in the current release and has been nerfed a bit for E18, but personally I don't actually think she's that bad that I could see the whole squad whiting out on her.

Especially considering they have started making good use of field transforming moves lately.

Not saying I don't see any of them losing this battle, but all of them? Ehh.

So basically by the ones whiting out, you mean Twit, Nexus and Jay? I think there are gonna be losses for everyone.

Mo had to guide everyone except Jay through that puzzle, props to him for figuring it out in less than 10 minutes.

I def hope they find Shelly challenging, it made me glad to hear they were theorizing abt what type she was gonna use because it means they haven't been spoiled by everything in the comments, everything they know they know from the game itself, so this fight will be as fair as it can possibly get.

Edited by Chiko

Twit's gonna over level a mon mid-battle and get destroyed, Jay will get Jay'd, Nexus will not pay attention enough, Mo will prolly strategize and NAPPY will have some issues while still being able to win

^my prediction

On 8/1/2018 at 2:04 PM, Abyssreaper99 said:

Connal's voice was great. Mo not figuring out about the monitor upstairs was hilarious.

To be fair, I had the same exact problem until I read the NPC dialogue. Of course this was also the time the puzzle was a little bit harder than it is now. Just like a very, very small bit easier.

Also, I feel like they've gone to far into the game in that if they lose they'll continue it as a normal playthrough.

Edit: In regards to Shelly, I had to look at the PBS files and she did indeed get a very, very slight nerf in stats for E18. Likely it'll just make her one shot less stuff is the only big and noticeable difference.

Aye, I have to say they did handle Shelly pretty well... well, most of them anyways. Currently, I'm torn between them continuing the nuzlocke and failing it.

Though I am curious about everyone's thoughts on a rather important subject... what voices do you think they'll give to Shade, Kiki, and Cal?

Just now, Savo said:

Aye, I have to say they did handle Shelly pretty well... well, most of them anyways. Currently, I'm torn between them continuing the nuzlocke and failing it.

Though I am curious about everyone's thoughts on a rather important subject... what voices do you think they'll give to Shade, Kiki, and Cal?

I feel like Shade is going to get an over-exaggerated demon voice or the complete opposite

• Global Mods

They're making good use of electric terrain, but I wonder if they'll become too dependant on it. It irks me a lil, as I've never been a big fan of using the terrain moves (it feels like you're just ignoring a big chuck of the battle dynamic) but I understand it's a strong strat, especially as they're nuzlockeing.  

@ZEL because he said "rock smash the araquanid because it's supereffective and then thunderpunch for the defense drop" I think he just said the effects in the wrong order, but the others kinda jumped on it lol

12 minutes ago, DreamblitzX said:

They're making good use of electric terrain, but I wonder if they'll become too dependant on it. It irks me a lil, as I've never been a big fan of using the terrain moves (it feels like you're just ignoring a big chuck of the battle dynamic) but I understand it's a strong strat, especially as they're nuzlockeing.  

@ZEL because he said "rock smash the araquanid because it's supereffective and then thunderpunch for the defense drop" I think he just said the effects in the wrong order, but the others kinda jumped on it lol

All's fair in a  nuzlocke, the lives of their Pokemon depend on them making the right plays. Stacking the odds in your favor when you can is a nuzlocke tradition, and sometimes even that isn't enough. 

• Global Mods
1 minute ago, uberle said:

AND

TWIT 

FALLS!

It was only a matter of time.

Also

It has to be said

Wakanda forever

Everyone except nappy has already wiped at least once for a while now

The statement that the battle wasn't that tough and its just strategy is probably the single most accurate thing they've said about the game. And that conclusion will serve really well going forward.

11 minutes ago, wcv said:

The statement that the battle wasn't that tough and its just strategy is probably the single most accurate thing they've said about the game. And that conclusion will serve really well going forward.

Kind of funny that they say this while facing Shelly, the leader who relies the least on her field and more on her pokemon making her one of the toughest gyms.

But they're not wrong.

Learning how to deal with each field is the most important thing about the gyms.

If you can't plan for it, you're kind of screwed.