[Day Phase 3] Clue Mafia: Who Killed Quinn?

Quinn

Lía's right
Since I'm poisoned and wasn't healed, I'm going to die at the end of the day phase

So I suggest we take a guess today, and nominate me to carry out the dark deed

If we're right, we can all sing and ride into the sunset together

If not, it doesn't change anything for anyone

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's good to be alive another day, I found some oddly worded information in the bedroom. 

There was something odd on the ground. Whose could it be

i don't know what it was, but it was odd, and it belonged to someone. This is likely useless info because its a condom

Clue gathering time! I think this is everything but please if I missed anything say it.

Kitchen:

Spoiler

"I found a bloodied knife in the kitchen." Lía
Hypothesis: If the info Soso gave us is true too -"I found out that the kitchen was flowing water"- then the reason why the knife is there is maybe because she was surprised while cooking/cleaning and couldn't finish, clean the knife and close the tap. Soso admitted having lied.

Laundry

Spoiler

"I found a bloody shard metal." Amber

"I found something that looks like... rusted steel on the ground in teh Laundry Room." Mimi

Trophy room:

Spoiler

"I found a shoe on top of the dryer." Lía

Library:

Spoiler

"I found a book about dance lessons on the floor." Lía

Master Bedroom:

Spoiler

"There was something odd on the ground. Whose could it be?" Amber

"I found a pumpkin under the bed." Nick

Basement:

Spoiler

"Deep in the basement there was even more rusted metal!" Paul

"Had one and confused with me" Nick - Probably distorted by Corso

Killer:

Spoiler

"He tried to lure me in with that personality of his!" Ali

"I visited the ballroom and more or less learned that Quinn trusted the murderer." Amber

Accusation Record:

Spoiler

Quinn: Oh my... you couldn't have been further from the truth. You call yourselves detectives!?

The accusation was incorrect. Mr Knightly is dead. He was Luna, the Dark.

Most Voted

[Killer] Sosobean (5 votes)

[Weapon] Battered Bloody Machete (8 votes)

[Room] Basement (5 votes)

[Nominee] Mr. Knightly (5 votes)

Should we discard all three of these?

Roles:

Corso: Unown
DigitalAmber: Unknown
Alphagar: Unknown
Cataline: Unknown
Eran: Unknown
Axel: Unknown
Anastasia: Unknown
Sirah: Unknown
Solar: Unknown
Luna: Knightly - Dead
LykosHand: Kitty - Dead

Newt: Sailboat - Dead
Kaya: Unknown
Tristah: Unknown
Dorothy: Unknown
Veronica: Unknown
Romeo: Unknown
Juliet: Unknown
Sailboat: Unknown
Helena: Nicki

In the ballroom, there seems to be what looks like a small link on the ground. What does it mean?  (quoting is broken as usual)

maybe es because Quinn played the legend of zelda before dying :thonk:

The link could be hinting towards the morningstar (?) unless im getting my medieval weapons mixed up

But I don't see how would it have been detached from the weapon. Maybe it was rusty and broke? I really don't know. There are a lot of clues that I still don't know how to fit, but we have to present an accusation.

As for the room I have a feeling about the Ballroom but I can't really explain it. Not like I would have anything better to vote.

[Killer] Venus

[Weapon] Krystoff's Morningstar

[Room] Ballroom

[Nominee] Alistair

@NickCrash I did go there, but either the healer didn't listen to you, or he was incapacitated in some way...

anyweigh, if we consider that our previous accusation was as far from the truth as possible, it seems logical to assume that it was all wrong. That means no Bean, no Machete, no Basement.

Weapons left: the morningstar and the gun. We know that rusted pieces of metal have been found a bit everywhere. That may or may not be related to the weapon, but in case it is, I find it more believable that an old morningstar would scatter pieces of rust when used, rather than a gun. So I'd go with that weapon.

Suspects left: Venus and Jace. We know that Quinn considered the murderer to have a remarkable personality. That could apply to either, but I think this comment specifically hints at Venus. Same for the trust thing, Venus being a mafia mod and all.

Rooms left... too many. Especially since we still lack information about them. If anyone has a theory about which room is the likeliest to have hosted the murder... pls do tell.

I think bullet shells don't easily rust

That's what I meant when I said you wouldn't find a rusty bullet. Well that's unless it has been fired ages ago.

I mention the room because you said you found info in the Ballroom, as opposed to the Basement.

So far we don't have enough clues. All of those could be red herrings, and Quinn could be setting up the events that happened prior to the murder.

Perhaps the story is more convoluted that we'd think and the hints aren't pointing towards the specific culprit but the whole frame the murder took place in.

That said, a party, pumpkins, rusted metals, shoes and whatnot may describe multiple things happening in the house or a series of events that led to the murder.

Allow me to present an example:
We know that someone tried to lure Quinn "in". The wording hints that they failed. So this is not necessarily our murderer.

Yet the clue that she trusted him somewhat points towards Venus, only if we use our meta skillz.

In-universe Quinn could have a different relationship with people, than real!Quinn does.

But if we disregard the point above, and go for our meta-knowledge, that should exclude Bean. Nobody trusts Bean.

@Walpurgis I'd like you to add a category for "Events" because the story behind what's happening before the murder might be important.

On N1 I received the info that "Quinn had written an invite to host an event in her mansion" and real!Quinn said it's about the events prior to the murder.

The idea of finding rusty metal everywhere points towards the Morningstar and the Battered Machette. 

Circular links could drop from both, given they have a hilt. 

If we are to believe all hints given to us so far, I have concluded that a chase happened inside the house.

We know of the invite Quinn sent about the event.

The dance lessons book in the Library points us towards a Ball being organized.

The shoe in the Trophy Room tells us Quinn was an excellent dancer.

The murderer was obviously a guest.

We know he was close to her and she trusted him.

He might have been much closer, or trying to be given "that personality of his".

So, he might have used it, in order to lure her into the bedroom for sexy time. I don't know of Quinn's fetishes, but they probably include Pumpkins.

If a chase happened inside the house, then the Morningstar being flailed and hitting everything around it could leave shrapnels behind. The Machette not so much, given it's a weapon used more closely, thus the failed attempts probably cut through air. As for where it started and where it ended, it's being hinted by the "invitation" Quinn has sent. We don't know what else was happening during that time, but all rooms bar the Ballroom & Library should be solitary and there were more people in there, who should have been witnesses to the event. 

We have 3 locations where combat has ensued: Basement, Laundry Room, and the Kitchen.

Since the Laundry Room is a secondary room, it's instantly excluded.

So far, I believe the initial attack happened in the Laundry Room, where we found a shrapnel with blood, meaning she was surprized and hit. 

At some point, she fled to the Kitchen where she picked up a knife to defend herself. She either managed to wound her opponent, or he used it against her.

Then we have the rusted metal in the Basement, which appears to be everywhere. This can't have happened after the events in the Kitchen (given she hit him), so I'm inclined to believe the final hit was in the Kitchen, at least with all the given information.

[Killer] Venus

[Weapon] Morningstar

[Room] Kitchen

[Nominee] Alistair

I ask you support this vote.

If it's correct, well... we're hella lucky and solved it.

If not, at least we've eliminated a possible case.