One Piece: Battle of the Bands (IC THREAD)

Hal Henderics

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ricewine shrugs at the coward comment. Not likee it was the worst thing he's been called. Or like it was said by someone he properly respected... his thoughts are interrupted by Isaac's little outburst. He says nothing but the look in his eyes announces it loud and clear.

Pathetic.

Kyra seems to be ignoring the events, but a plate of food has mysteriously vanished at some point.  Her eyes have stayed fixed on the distant island. Then she turns toward the assembled crew, having seemed to have come to a decision.

”Once we make landfall, we’ll split up to cover more ground. Carl, you’ll need to tend to our provisions. Take Ricewine and Zoffy with you for backup and heavy lifting, and make sure you get enough liqueur to treat our water supplies.  If you can, get some decent wine. That rum we had was vile.  Sigmund, you’re in charge of restocking our other stores.  You know what we’re running low on. Jill and Cora can watch your back.  Mask, you and Jenkins will watch the ship. Feel free to take shore leave once someone else comes back to secure it, and while you’re on duty see what kinds of fish live in these waters.  Meat is expensive if we have to buy it.  I’ll be taking Elegy and Isaac to trawl the local bars and hangouts for information.  Most islands don’t advertise themselves as ‘rubbish’ even if they are coated in it. Something doesn’t sit well with me about this place.”

Soon, Rubbish Island comes into stark relief, the streets overflow with garbage, while people try to do their daily tasks in spite of this.

Oddly enough, any new trash is simply dumped in the street with the rest, or just left where it was made.

The people living there look dirty and mostly have neutral faces.  There are children playing near the beaches, which are visible from the harbor. 

[Who handles the tasks related to bringing the ship into harbor?]

Successes - 4
Required - 1

The ship is docked with no trouble or mistakes.  It seems a crew made of former marines know what they are doing.

Upon entering town for supplies, fresh fruit vendors are stifled by flies, and a similar fate befalls most other market stalls as they try to peddle their wares.

Other types of supplies are similarly coated in grime and mush.

[Who handles supplies and information gathering, if any is done?  What kind of information and wares are sought out?]

Successes - 4

Those that go looking for Gossip have a hard time finding it.  Issac's charm alone doesn't seem to loosen many lips, without Elegy's harmless appearance helping.

Kyra's more Psychological Tactics have great success however, ferreting out countless tells and reactions.

It seems that This overwhelmingly unhealthy amount of garbage is not something they want, something they are being forced, no, threatened to do, and every adult in town has the same body language of someone who is paranoid of eavesdropping, no matter where or how Kyra interrogated them.

Lastly, several children and adults sit in the middle of town's square, they seem to be sick, judging from their sniffles and coughs.  They don't look to be restrained, but they may be Coerced.  All signs point towards this being an example.  But of what, and to who?

In the distance, some sort of building is tall enough to peak over the trees surrounding the Rubbish Island Village.

Successes - 2

Some Wine and other FIRMLY sealed foods are purchased with some of your remaining Berry, but the fruit and meats are tough to trust, what with the rats and bugs abound.

Successes - 0

The fish just aren't biting, Jenkins thinks to himself.

It isn't a matter of bait, it seems the pollution just isn't enticing.

Children are gathering to watch the weird foreigner try to fish.

Successes - 3

The ship is kept safe, it's a boring job, though.  Nobody seems keen on even approaching the harbor, much less the ship.

Further inspection shows that this harbor really hasn't received care in a while.  Nor many ships.

[Other tasks may be performed at-leisure]

Zoffy, who is carrying the recently purchased wines and some other supplies, takes a look at the people of the island. He is a bit surprised that a "heaven", as he was told so, had this depressive visual.

"Ok, so... Should we go back to the ship, or do you have something else to do, Carl? Y'know, I think the least we stay here, the better."

Ricewine glares the wine. Who the fuck even drinks that shit? Stuck up snobs, that's who. If you want to drink something that won't get you drunk fast get ale, or mead, or beer. Who's heard of a fucking pirate drinking WINE!? He looks around for a bit before deciding to make the best of the situation.

"I'm gonna go look for junk to make a brewery."

Issac taps his foot.
"I wasn't expecting a grand city, but this is worse then I imagined."
He leans back with a loud exasperated sigh

"uahhggg...This is so unfabulous it hurts....Something is definitely wrong here."

Leaning against the side of the building he pulls a flower from his bag and smells it, looking down at it.

"If i had to guess....I would say a group of pirates are holding something, probbly death, over the island. It does make sense. A place with low marine presence is both a safe haven and a playground for them. A group probbly took advantage of that."

He looks back up at the captain.
"If you want my suggestion milady, I would say we should head over to the large building in the distance and investigate."

This place was approximately as disgusting as the name would suggest. Mask had thought that perhaps the island was named so that people would avoid it and leave its riches - natural or otherwise - alone, not as literally as it seemed to be. It was sad, really, but there was little Mask could do. They stood silently and nigh motionlessly at the edge of the ship, watching that old man try to catch fish in the putrid waters, and watching the children watch him. Mask was. . . likely not the most comforting presence for the latter, what with the near motionlessness and demonic visage.

Carl looked at Ricewine as he started wandering off.

"Eh, do what you will.  I'm heading be to the ship before the shore-duty and filth lose me my lunch."

With that he rubbed the side of his head and started walking with Zoffy back towards the ship.

Jill didn't like this island. Something felt off while she was out with Sigmund and Cora gathering supplies. Maybe she was just on edge from all the scurrying creature(luckily they were rats) or maybe she was just disappointed that the captain didn't let her been in the same group as Mask. So once they got the supplies though they seemed questionable at best to her she looked at her companions "We should probably head back to the ship. I don't like the feel of this place." She said looking around occasionally balling her hands into a fist.

Among the crew's mingling, a cry rings out,  one of the sick children from before has fallen to the ground, coughing up a storm.

Nobody moves to help the girl even though it's clear they want to.

The ground begins to rumble around the line of chairs, cans clanking as they bounce up and down.

Ricewine looks around. After a moment where he realizes that no one is doing anything he throws up his arms.

"What the hell? Someone go get a doctor or something!"

He pauses before cursing. He forgot that he's a Doctor or something! With that he dashes over to the little girl to try and ascertain what exactly is wrong with her beyond being sick.

Issac dashes to the child, tossing the flower he was holding, quite concerned. Annddddd now the ground is rumbling...
Issac, at least having the good sense to understand something was comeing, and that it was likely not friendly, drew his sword as he looked around for the threat.
Ricewine, thankfully also present could hopefully do something about the child's physical state, but clearly something had to be done about the incoming threat.

"Stay on your guard, This is looking more and more like a fight"

"Isaac, I believe whoever rules this island is controlling their people through use of a secret police.  It could be a more exotic way of gathering information, but this kind of fear usually comes from it being beaten into the people.  The tall building is likely worth investigating, but I'd prefer a less direct approach.  The opposition values secrecy and fear.  A conflict would be best at a time and place of our-"  Kyra pauses as she views the disturbance, and the kid, head cocked.

"Elegy, see if you can help the kid.  Isaac, go with her.  Try to look like a badass, the kind that's good enough to not need to seem scary.  If whoever is lured out is too much for you two to handle, I'll step in."  And he'd already rushed off.  Well, hopefully he'd heard at least some of that, and would let Elegy fill him in on the rest.  "If you win or they don't strike, meet me back at the ship within the hour.  If I'm not back by then, I may require a rescue.  Follow the smoke cloud."  Kyra steps back into the shadows of a nearby alley, and seems to vanish.  In reality, she's pulled her headscarf up to cover her face and rapidly climbed to a nearby roof where she conceals herself, rifle at the ready, carefully scanning the surrounding area for any sign of the secret police or other weirdness.

Rowdy Rumble: Kingdom Hearts II

WIN CONDITIONS

[Protect the Girl]

[Discover the source of the Attack]

[Destroy the Garbage]

LOSE CONDITIONS

[She's Hit!]

The trash keeps shaking as the ground rumbles, and then...

It Attacks!

Successes - !9!

An Idiot he might be, but his swordplay and acrobatics are phenomenal! Issac flashes around the girl, batting away empty cans, sacks of garbage, and rusty forks with ease using his sword, slashing them to ribbons in the process!

Successes - 3

Issac's Phenominal Swordsmanship has the Townsfolk in awe as he makes obliterating waste products look easy.

Successes - 0

Where is it coming from!  Kyra's sharp eye fails to spot even a single person that isn't as sick and dirty as the rest of these townsfolk!

Sucesses - 2

The Girl seems to be suffering from mild septic shock, it's no wonder, with the squalor this town lives in, but there doesn't seem to be any marks on her, how could she have gotten this bad without obvious points of entry?

Using a Bracing Concoction, he manages to quell the coughing for now.  She'll need antibiotics, all of these people will

--

The trash begins to spin around, rolling or even flying in the air around Issac, Ricewine, and the girl, and still no attacker in sight.  The garbage seems to fly randomly, loud sounds ringing out whenever Issac slashes one to bits.

Wait, someone is walking down the road, it's some tall thin fellow, bare-chested, and wielding a large cutlass over his shoulder, he's coming in from the forest, walking through town at a leisurely pace.  His hair seems to have been styled such that it forms two long hooks on either side of his head, easily as long as his arms in length, and jutting out perfectly horizontal to his body.

Mask glanced backward at the strange fisherman. Not the most trustworthy figure, but he would have to do. "Mind the boat." Mask only delayed their disembarkation for one thing; fetching their trump card and belting the weapon on as quickly as possible. That rumbling did not bode well, and it was best to be prepared. The swordsman rushed toward the bulk of the others, moving with surprising speed for the bulk of their armor. They didn't bother drawing either of the weapons at their side just yet; whatever errant pieces of trash flew at Mask were simply batted out of the way with a powerful hand. 

"Oh blast it.... I think I can fix this if I get some time and some mold! Slight problem with the former though as I'm sure you can tell!"

Ricewine looks around before his eyes settle on the boat. A plan forms in his head.

"We should head to the boat! There's less trash out there for us to get hit with!"

Zoffy was almost entering the ship when he heard the noises coming from the village, and the ground rumbling. Zoffy looks at Mask running into the noise's direction, and looks at the fisherman.

"Also, take care of this, please!"

Zoffy drops the food and wine in the ground and starts running to where the others were, at high speeds.

Kyra draws a bead on the suspiciously clean and well-armed guy but does not fire.  She continues splitting her attention between her crewmates in the square, and the surrounding area, adding the suspicious guy to her list.  If she shot him and the strange events stopped, that would be pretty conclusive proof of what was going on, but if it didn't stop anything then she could have killed an innocent bystander for no gain.

Jill yelled at Cora and Sigmund "Watch the stuff and try to keep the rest of the people away from the danger. I'm going to help Issac. If you happen to figure out whats causing this find a way to let me know ill take it out" As she quickly ran towards the now attacking trash to help out he ally. Once she gets close to the center of the trash she finds the biggest piece of attacking trash and jump kicks it out of the air if she can. Once she lands she gives Issac a smile "You keep that up and I might give you a date." She says taking up a fighting stance to help Issac out.

Jill does her best to keep the trash away from the girl.

Issac surprisingly does not seem to become to distracted by Jill's appearance and comment, though he does at least acknowledge it.
"I would be delighted to treat a lovely lady such as yourself to dinner, but im afraid it will have to wait."

Right, now it was time for more important things. He would never get a date if he allowed a child to come to harm so easily. Ricewine had the right idea.

"You take the girl! Ill keep the attacks off us. Move slowly, and stay close!"

This looked a little bad. This seemed like a attack by a devil fruit user, was it the person comeing down the street? Probbly. If he broke off to attack the girl would likely be finished. He couldent be sure of the range of this power. But it was true the ship was much cleaner then this dump. If they could get her below deck...

Once Ricewine is ready execute the plan. He will pick up and move the girl to the ship, while issac will continue doing what he is currently doing. Employing his acrobatics and sword skills to keep the garbage off of them, staying as close as he can so as not to let anything through.

Carl stands there turning back and forth with a bit of a confused look on his face.

Everyone left, they actually left him here with a pile of food and provisions to carry on his own while they do whatever fight was going on in the square.  Fine, whatever.  He'd just carry it all by himself over several trips, that is if he didn't fall flat from these dizzy spells.

With a short huff Carl started picking up the extra supplies and after he had the biggest stack he could carry he started a slow walk back to the ship, occasionally wavering to this side or that.