One Piece: Battle of the Bands (IC THREAD)

Hal Henderics

12* to Starboard, about 3 miles ahead.

That's where the ship is pointed right now, at any rate.  To Rubbish Island for stocking up.  You only just escaped the last Marine Blockade attempting to stop you all.

According to local rumor, Rubbish Island is the safest place in the West Blue, in terms of lacking marine presence, anyway.

It will take about an hour to reach port.  Food is scarce, and a brewery still hasn't been made.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Issac stands at the front of the ship, looking out over the water and the island in the distance. Feeling the gentle rocking of the ship.
He flips his short blonde hair and pulls a rose from his bag.

"Ah, There it is. It looks better then one would expect for the unpleasant name it bears. I do hope that lovely young lady was right about this place."

He had heard this was supposed to be a relatively safe place for pirates while charming some ladies at the bar, and informed his fellow pirates of it when he returned.
He smells the flower before dramatically tossing it into the wind. 
"What awaits us here? Adventure? Beauties? Treasure or Trouble? Whatever the case may be let us face it with Resolve and grace!"

Well at least he seemed eager.

Ricewine stands on the starboard side of the ship looking at the island in the distance. Well, at least it looks kind of pleasant... Or maybe that's just a disguise. Probably would bring trouble either way. Ricewine shrugs to himself. He supposes if something bad happened that's what he was there for. Of course, if something good happened that just called for celebration. He smiles at that thought. Oh yes, there'd be a lot of celebration, especially if he found a way to get himself a brewery.

Carl looked up at Issac as he finished putting gravy on the last plate of Shit-on-a-Shingle(A slab of dry bread covered in shredded or cut meat and gravy).

"Oi!  Quit yer mumbling and come get yer food.  Wouldn't want to miss the last of the roast would ya?"

He dropped the ladle in the bottom of the pot before setting it aside and sitting down with his own plate of food.

Issac comes over and grabs himself a plate of food.

"Of course I wouldent. How can i possibly work on an empty stomach!? Why think of all the poor defenseless maidens I would be letting down if i couldent work to my fullest!"
He sits down and starts eating. pausing between bites to keep talking.

"That reminds me, I need to polish and sharpen grace when we get into town. My weapons must be in constant fighting condition."

Nom Nom
"Once we dock we should look into making some money to restock. Perhaps I could acquire some change by putting some thugs in there place."

"From my experience thugs don't usually carry that much on them, and if they are it should go back to whomever they took it from. If we can find them." Jill said as she appeared out of seemingly nowhere. Which has been a much more common occurrence since she ended up eating the Mist Mist Fruit a few weeks ago. "We really are that low. Glad you're still around Carl we would be eating our shoes if it weren't for you ." She said to Carl as she got a plate of food from him.  She leaned against a barrel nearby and started eating "I hope you "Contact's" Information is correct it has been awhile since I was last in the West Blue. Though even then I don't think grandfather and me ever had to go to Rubbish Island so I can't say much about it. I just hope that it doesn't have any mice and that there is someone strong to fight. I've been getting twitchy again." She said before digging in fully into her food.

"You act as if tracking down the owners of the verity of coins common thugs have stolen is easy. Im sure people will be satisfied if we can just get them to stop harassing them."

Issac finishes his food and sits the plate beside him
"You also seem to be adjusting well to your recently acquired powers milady."

"Like I said IF we could find the owners." Jill gave a smirk to Issac. "I don't know." Jill sighed. "I haven't had a chance to fight anyone strong enough for me to give them a full workout yet, so I can't say if I have or not." she said as she looked at her hand and turned it into mist then back to normal. "They're completely different than how I'm used to fighting. Its weird not having to take the attack or dodge. I mean they're fun to have it just feels like I'm cheating now when I fight...." she paused for a moment to take a bite of food before continuing. "And not being able to swim anymore is sort of a drag. Swiming is good training." She finished picking at the rest of her food

Zoffy, was bored looking at the sea, trying to see if any marine's ship were close, when he heard Carl talking about food, and decides to take a pause for lunch.

Zoffy runs close to them, looking intensly at the food.

"Yo! Oh boy, finally! I was so hungry!" 

Zoffy gets a plate of food, being careful to not get any animal that had fur when alive, and starts eating it as someone who hadn't eat anything for weeks.

"Yum..This.. Is delicious! Garchu, Carl!"

Cora wandered down to the galley shortly after the others, drawn by the smell of food from her other duties. She looked at it suspiciously as she sat, seemingly unsure of whether it was something she could really eat it. "...This is... unique." she muttered to herself under her breath, before scarfing it down anyway - she was too hungry. "Say, about how long to landfall? I figure there's plenty of stuff to be done on the island."

Mask was, at the moment, doing their best impression of a deck ornament, watching their approach to the island while standing nigh motionless. The only thing that betrayed them being alive and not some sort of unusual shipboard decoration was the barely perceptible movement of their chest beneath their armor and the occasional small shift in the angle of their head. Something that one of the others had said, though, actually prompted the mysterious swordsman to stop what seemed to be some sort of attempt to intimidate the island, and turn their head toward Jill. "Spar, then, if you're so concerned." 

Seeing how everyone else had gathered over by the cook, Ricewine walks over as well. He gets a plate of food and sighs as he starts to eat it. He eats about half before lowering his plate with a frown.

"Can't wait 'till we get to the island. I'm out of rum."
That is indeed a crisis for Ricewine considering how much he drinks. It's kind of impressive actually, you'd think he'd have quite the gut from all his drinking.

Jill sighed again "Sparring can only get you so far. There's a difference in a strike meant for training. " she said well throwing a few light punches in the air. "And a strike meant to cause harm." She finished well finishing her demonstration of punches with a hard forward thrust causing a small shockwaves in the air  ."Besides I'm quite sure the captain would get annoyed if something ended up getting broken. If we where sparring on the ship." She finished while giving Mask a smile.

Elegy

For the most part, Elegy had been off to the side of the ship, looking out into the horizon of the sea and practicing a few small songs on her violin. It was mostly a way to keep her head clear at the moment, it was a bit boring at the moment with the crew nearing their destination and not seeming to need her music at the moment.

However, when she heard the call of food, she couldn’t help but stop practicing, turning from the edge of the ship and heading towards where the food was, waving at the rest of the crew before getting her, as Carl put it, “Shit-on-a-Shingle”, sitting down with it a wordlessly digging in.

Which, considering she didn’t do much on the ship aside from play her music and wasn’t even that big to begin with, made how fast she was devouring the food a bit of surprise to those that hadn’t seen her do so yet.

"If you want me to try honestly to kill you, that can be arranged." Whatever inflection might've been present in Mask's voice was caught by, well, the mask, and destroyed, leaving it up to interpretation how serious the statement was. "There should be ample space to hone our skills on the island." A plate seemed to have appeared near Mask while nobody was looking, with some food already missing, despite the fact that their headgear would have made it rather difficult to eat without it being removed. 

Sigmund was polishing his axe with the plate of his food beside him. It was more than half way eaten, probably a bite or two remained. His eye annoyingly twitched at the sound of sparring on the ship, "If the captain doesn't get annoyed I sure as hell will. 'Treat your ship with love and respect and she'll take you to the ends of the earth' That's what my mentor always said. I don't care if this ship isn't the biggest or the most spectacular, she's our vessel. So, please do keep any and all fighting land."

"Fighting on land is not a luxury we will always have. Unless you would like to politely request a land battle from any and all marine scum we encounter, I suggest you quiet your bellyaching." Mask was probably scowling, not that it was visible either way. All this complaining, was this crew truly this soft? No matter, they would eventually help Mask achieve their goal. One way, or another. . .

Jill eyed Mask after he offered to fight her, then laughed at Sigmund's comment. "Settle down no one's going to be fighting on the ship if we can help it," she said to Sigmund before turning back to Mask. "You better not be teasing me with that offer. Cause I will take you up on it." She said her eyes lighting up from the thought of a fight.  "It will guarantee that I will have at least one good fight once we reach land." She paused for a moment thinking about something before continuing. "Though you should probably leave the seastone sword with Issac. it would be kinda pointless to attempt to learn something better without being able to do it. Besides, it will make sure that we don't get to carried away and maim each other or something." She finished with a smile. She turned to Cora as "We should arrive at the island in about an hour or so if we're still on the course I set. We probably could get there a bit faster if someone wanted to jump on the wheel and give us a boost." She answered the girls question that everyone seemed to have ignored. 

On 3/20/2018 at 11:16 PM, Endlessblaze said:

Issac stands at the front of the ship, looking out over the water and the island in the distance. Feeling the gentle rocking of the ship.
He flips his short blonde hair and pulls a rose from his bag.

"Ah, There it is. It looks better then one would expect for the unpleasant name it bears. I do hope that lovely young lady was right about this place."

He had heard this was supposed to be a relatively safe place for pirates while charming some ladies at the bar, and informed his fellow pirates of it when he returned.
He smells the flower before dramatically tossing it into the wind. 
"What awaits us here? Adventure? Beauties? Treasure or Trouble? Whatever the case may be let us face it with Resolve and grace!"

Well at least he seemed eager.

Old Man Jenkins snatches the rose out of the air with his fishing pole before it hits the water's surface.

"What're ye wasting a perfectly good rose fer?! Wasteful son of a [incomprehensible (more than usual) mumbling]..."

He watches as Issac heads to the rest of the group, then quietly puts away the rose in one of the innumerable pockets of his coat, pulls out a FEESH that he had caught earlier that day, and begins munching on said fish raw. He finishes eating it, then arrives at the meal table just in time to hear Jill comment on wanting a power boost from the wheel.

"UGH. Fine, I can take the hint."

Old Man Jenkins steps into the hamster wheel, enters pony form, and gives the ship a speed boost so that it can reach the island more quickly.

When the masked downer got snotty with Sigmund, Ricewine side eyed him. With a frown he turns to him.

"Unless you're the one who's gonna be fixing the ship, I'd say you should listen to the shipwright. You wouldn't like it if someone came through and scribbled on your mask eh?"

Ricewine pantomimes scribbling to... Illustrate his point? Must just like gesturing.

"My wrath is localized to the one that incurs it. Would you care to test this?" Spoken in the same, unreadable tone as the rest of Mask's words. Their face, or what they used in place of an actual face, tilted back toward Jill. "Have you ever heard me make a joke?" The swordsman turned to look back out toward their destination once more. "If that is what you wish, then I shall do so once we have landed safely."

jill looked as giddy as a school girl at Mask answers. "Its a date then. One we can find some time to ourselves we can go find a private place on the island and go at it then." She said happily with fire in her eyes lighting up again as she began thinking of how she would approach the fight with Mask. Most have seen her like this in either before she finds a strong opponent or when she was deciphering an interesting map.

Ricewine rolls his eyes at the comment.

"How scary, you're going to beat up the only person in the crew who has any medical experience. I'm sure that won't come back to bite you."

Ricewine would have taken a drink, but he was fresh out. He couldn't wait to get to the island.

"And here I had hoped your wit would be sharper than your martial skills. I've heard it said that while it is better to be brave than cowardly, it is better to be cowardly than foolish. I suggest the coward's path to you." There was little threat of Mask actually striking the man, unless he managed to find a particular sore spot; it would be wasted effort, as he seemed to be the type that would learn nothing from such a thing, and therefore it would not contribute to the destruction of that captain. Though Mask hoped that the "doctor's" current state of annoyingness would only last until he acquired a fresh supply of booze, regardless; restraining oneself from making the attempt to teach the man a lesson anyway was a mental effort, however small.