The 'That Feel When' topic

Amethyst

• Veterans

Well, today was basically one huge TFW moment so I'll just put that under the spoiler

Today was the day of the flower parade in my town, and I've been helping out at the workplace I've been part of my entire life for about 2 months or so to help getting it done. I've gone nearly every day, helping putting cardboard on the float, covering it in white paper, painting about 30-40% of the outside parts of the float and yesterday I also helped with putting flowers on it. The colors were nice, when it drove out of the workplace it looked amazing, and the music was awesome!

Except the weather was awful if you looked at the float we had.

Crg6dULXEAAGEPs.jpg

This was our float.

Basically, what happened is that there was some rain and wind. The rain was no problem as it'd stop as soon as it started, so that wouldn't really have been a problem. The problem is that the wind damaged quite a lot of the moving parts of the float-- especially the tail, as it's kinda susceptible to wind. As a result of the gusts, two people almost fell off during practice near the tail, so in the end the workgroup council and the designers... Decided to not participate in today's parade, for the safety of both the actors and the audience, which means that we were practically disqualified from the competition. We got no score, no prizes. Nothing.

I swear I've cried about 7-8 times today, it's practically the worst thing that could happen to a workgroup that a float can't compete, and it happened to TWO workgroups this year-- something that has never occurred in the history of the flower parade (which is 80 years long this year). The last time a float was unable to participate in the competition was 16 years ago, so it really fucking sucks that it happened to us this year. The salt in the wound is that tomorrow is going to have wonderful weather, so I'm really mad that we didn't have that kind of weather today. If it wasn't for the weather, all of the floats would've been able to participate, but alas...

God, this really really fucking hurts really bad, honestly.

I'm so sorry to hear that Zumi! You were so excited for this and clearly put an incredibly amount of work into it.

They did the right thing for everyone's safety, but it really sucks. You should've got to show it off some other day or something, although I guess that wouldn't really work.

tfw I've been reading "Hurricane Hermine" as "Hurricane Hermione"

I got the strangest looks in class the other day because of that.

TFW the word limit is 500 and you 501 words and the only way to fix it is to rework half the paragraph.

I got the strangest looks in class the other day because of that.

TFW the word limit is 500 and you 501 words and the only way to fix it is to rework half the paragraph.

are they THAT strict about it? I wouldn't rework a paper just to lose 1 word. Maybe go back and use a contraction?

are they THAT strict about it? I wouldn't rework a paper just to lose 1 word. Maybe go back and use a contraction?

My senior english teacher is really great, word limits and passive voice are sadly one of her pet-peeves. I can't remember the exact word but I'm pretty sure it was 'and' or something and it would have just been easier to change that part. A quick fix all-in-all

TFW my parents aren't mad at me anymore (They're actually are on my side this time!)

TFW you listen to a song for so long that you start paying more attention to the bass line than the main melody.

This isn't the weird confessions thread... :Kappa:

Bass can be really hard to hear sometimes.

Tfw you finally remember that you have your SNES and games here with you at the apartment and you still haven't plugged it in yet. I will have to rectify this oversight soon.

but then tofw you realize you have a bunch of homework that you had to do by tuesday and tuesday is when the Destiny dlc finally drops and you're certain you won't be playing much SNES for a while...