The 'That Feel When' topic

Amethyst

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Alchemia Chan said:

Tfw you wanna walk with senpai on their way home but you take opposite roads when leaving after work.

Cri~

Use google maps or something to find some place to eat at or a cafe along their route, go that way and invite senpai along.

tfw your final is in 9 hours and you're still procrastinating on studying.

• 2 weeks later...

tfw Rex Tillerson claims that he needs more time to research if Vladmir Putin is a war criminal, despite the company he worked for having gone on record for many years as opposing sanctions against Russia.

http://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2017/1/11/14237748/tillerson-exxon-russia-lobbying

the link is almost certainly a shitty read, but is confirmed that Tillerson and the company lobbied against the sanctions. The other link I read and ended up closing remarked on how Tillerson's statement before congress is perjury and precludes him from being a cabinet member. tldr: tillerson either didn't know (incompetent) that his company lobbied against the sanctions or he lied directly about the multiple times his company has lobbied in that direction. In either case, he is unqualified to run or oversee US operations, domestic or overseas.

Obvious PSA - Trump is a sociopath and a con artist. Do not trust this A-hole. Over these next 4 years, I will proclaim "I told you so!" over and over as the situation demands.

Edit:

here

In 14:22, Secretary Gates proclaims Tillerson knowledgeable of foreign affairs and geopolitics... but as seen in the other video link,  he has no idea or opinion of how Putin has deployed the Russian army and thus cannot form an informed opinion on Putin. Which means he is NOT knowledgeable of foreign affairs and politics AT ALL. A clever man would say "If such a thing were proven true, I would be against such a man." Instead, he claims ignorance instead of citing evidence to the contrary (of which there seems to be none).

tbh, I'm watching this as I post, because I care for the precise wording and context of this hearing. I'm a linguist like that. And this is a 10 hour hearing. Ladies and gentle germs, this is a long ride with the future in the balance. If nothing else, you should watch and listen to what is promised... and ask "How?"

Edit:

Wow, this is a lot of talking. But my ears pricked up at around 41:17 where the speaker confirms that Trump disregards the consensus of 17 independent intelligence agencies who say that Putin interfered in our elections in an unprecedented way.

"The same president to whom you may report to has also made it clear that he may ignore Putin's invasion of Ukraine, his illegal annexation of Crimea, his illegal interference in Syria where Russia's forces partnered with Iran, Hezbollah, and Shiia militia to shift battlefield momentum toward a dictator guilty of war crimes. Russia itself is culpable of warcrimes for its backing of Ishar Assad (sp?), who has starved, barrel bombed, and tortured the Syrian people into submission... And yet, president elect Trump may take quick steps to make Putin an ally of the United States Of America."

"... so I'm troubled on many of these issues that Exxon appears, under your leadership, seems to push in the opposite direction (of human rights).

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...