• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jeanna sipped up the contents of her coffee mug, and after everyone had finished introducing themseves, except for a hooded girl that had a strange attitude, a Kenku approached her and offered her a drink. She did not really like to drink but she saw most of her companions drinking, so she took a small sip of her booze.

A few minutes later, she decided to head to her room, as she felt unusually tired and sleepy. Those damned Kenkus.. they must've poisoned the drinks..I.. need to sleep

She thought to herself as she opened and swiftly closed the door. She lied on her bed and soon was in a deep sleep.

a few hours later, Jeanna felt that she was being carried. It did not take long for her to be fully awake, she reached out for her daggers, only to find out that she was binded by strong ropes. She decided to wait for now.

The Kenku’s continued to carry most of their query through the hall, and promptly placed a clawed hand over their mouths. One Kenku tried to slap Jeanna, who he saw move. The ackwardness of the angle made the blade miss. The same thing happened to the Kenku holding “Creature.” That Kenku recoiled as it took 6 radiant damage. 

In the room’s one Kenku found itself somewhat amused to see a Paladin praying, and, out of respect, chose to wait until it attacked to strike. In Crevasse’s room, the Kenku lept forward at surprising speeds with his sword ready for stabbing. Crevasse side stepped again. The Kenku predicted this and used a foot to alter the angle just slightly. 7 damage was dealt.

Edited by DigitalAmber

Wellian wakes up, scared by the sound Crevasse made, and saw she being threatened by a Kenku. "I knew it." 

Desmond looks at the Kenku and starts using Dissonant Whispers, but as he was still affected by the poison, it was not so strong.

Guest Sparkin'

The hooded girl thought for a second "How foolish of me to think that such devilish little creature would do harm to me, a devoted follower of the almighty..."

The hooded girl returned to her slumber, confusing the creatures, which returned to carrying her without saying anything.

In spite of his relatively light consumption of the poisoned drink, in spite of his precautions before going to bed, Gael is still asleep, nestled in the soft, feathery embrace of a gentle and caring Kenku.

The Kenku tried to slap Jeanna, after she moved, but the awkwardness of the angle made his blade miss. "Hm, I doubt they would try to hurt me, not now anyway" thought Jeanna as she remained awake and still, as the Kenku carried her.

Kaeso found it unsurprisingly easy to notice the Kenku's presence after it entered the room, as the vile creature hadn't really taken any steps to be subtle about it, especially when it tried and failed to strike him down where he stood with his rather piddly little sword. And Kaeso found himself wondering if his attacker was considered to be one of the dimmer members of its species; as he quickly stood up and smote the foul creature with his morningstar, drawing a rather decent amount of blood and dealing 11 points of damage. Through all of this he continued to loudly chant the prayer of serenity to try and wake the damned drunkard up.

Round 2

@Cronos5010

The Kenku staggered back from the hit, his robe now torn in multiple spots. Feathers fell around him as he walked.  He let out a loud caw that could be heard through the hall. He charged, only for a simple sidestep to send him past both Kaeso and Lynsal. He was backed into a corner.  

@Cataline @Newt @walpurgis

The Kenku paused as he heard the call for a second before resuming his attacks. His swipe pinged uselessly off of Crevasse’s armor, as he was still somewhat unfocused after taking a hit from Desmond’s attack. He basically walked into Nadine’s fire bolt afterwards. Thr bird barely manages to pull himself away from it before he took the full force of it, only getting minor burns. The plan was falling apart. “Please. Please, just help me.” 

The rest of the Kenku either continued walking away while carrying sleeping bodies, or were a bit unnerved in how the bodies didn’t try to break out. 

Edited by DigitalAmber

Desmond looks confused at the Kenku, after asking for help. Desmond decides to try to make us of the outnumbered Kenku and get some answers.

"Ok, wait a minute everyone. Kenku, why don't we solve this in a pacific manner? You know that you are going to lose this fight. How about this? We stop attacking you, and you give us some answers, and we let you go, or-"

Desmond takes his crossbow, and points it towards the Kenku's head.

"I shoot you right where you stand. You know, fast bolts, hard to dodge. I guess you could try to run, but if you don't want to get hit at the back, I don't suggest doing it."

Gael finally wakes up to find himself carried by a Kenku and unable to move. Taking a few seconds to process what is happening, he realizes that in spite of his precautions, someone not only broke into his cabin but also abducted him!

"Fools." Gael's anger boils inside of him, but he manages to keep his cool, and carefully hides his awakened state to his captor.

"Defeating the creature alone will prove difficult in this predicament. I need to break free and find the others", Gael thinks to himself. Hoping to take the assailant by surprise, he pushes against the Kenku's chest with his legs and attempts to wiggle his way out, but to no avail; the bird still firmly holds him.

@Psychic Bean Sheep

Struggle and twist in the Kenku’s grasp as he did provided no release from sleep. One would think his snoring would be enough to wake himself up

@Yash @Cronos5010

Lynsal staggered forward for a moment and grabbed his quarterstaff, which hit the bird despite the seemingly shaky movements that delivered the blow. The monk’s palm missed as the bird collapsed on the deck of the cabin with a shrill cry. Kaeso’s swing of the Morningstar connected with the bird as it fell. The morningstar slammed into the bird’s body, killing the poor unfortunate bird. 

@Newt @Cataline @walpurgis @Megagun @Venus  @Amine Chankey3ft7 @Alistair

The Kenku paused for the briefest of brief moments before speaking in a deep gutteral orcish voice, “Truc—“ It got cut off as Crevasse’s hex sent it to the ground, Unconcious. A magic missile darted out of the room and struck the poor Kenku who had just been kicked by Jeanna. The bird stumbled back and dropped Jeanna, before rushing towards her. The sword clanged uselessly off her armor. 

Gael’s Kenku simply let out an odd laugh and tightened its grip on him. 

Creature’s Kenku looked extremely confused as it continues to carry the light girl. 

Zarrick’s bird was silent for a moment, before speaking in a feminine elvish tone, “Sanctuary.”

Jeanna stood up and hurried back to her room, hoping to get her weapons. She could've stayed and fought with her bare hands, but she wouldn't want to get unnecessary damage from the Kenky that were swarming the hallways of the ship. And so, with every ounce of agility she had she ran tryinh her best not to bump into anyone be it the Kenkus or her companions. Soon she was in her room, she looked under the bed, under the pillow and in the closet, but her daggers and her other belongings where no where to be found.

Upon hearing the Kenku's mockery of a laugh, Gael merely smirked and again pushed away from his foe, skillfully twisting his body this time. It was enough to make the bird lose its grip. Finally free to move, Gael dashed down the hallway without so much as a glance to his would-be captor and unsheathed one of his daggers, ready to engage the next enemy. 

"Tsk. Not dying or getting caught here."

Spotting Kaeso, Gael ran towards him as fast as he could.

@Megagun

“Tell your comrades to stop fighting. We needed you all unconcious do you wouldn’t realize you were being put in the cellar for your own safety. We need your help, but a few of my flock mates disagree with it. They think you’re going to betray us and don’t want to lose another chance and feel more pain.” 

@walpurgis @Psychic Bean Sheep

The blast of frost from Nadine hit the bird and it shuddered from the cold and started to shake the ice of his feet. “Moving you to a safer spot. We need you alive to help us. We knew you wouldn’t accept normally, no friend of that halfling would. I wish I didn’t have to attack. Just following orders.” He spoke as he swung his shortsword at Tan, but it ended just short of Tan as he overestimated how far he could move with the freezing ray.

@Amine Chankey3ft7 @Yash

As Jeanna fails to sweep the bird’s legs out, Lynsal stumbles as he runs and slams his quarterstaff into the bird, who falls back out of suprise and is promptly smacked unconcious by the elf’s hand. It let out a loud scream as it fell

Gael’s Kenku drew his bow and was about to shoot the freshly released pale rogue, but his comrades scream stopped him. He turned and fired at Jeanna instead(attack roll 17) dealing 4 piercing damage. He let out a loud caw as he was assulted by an Eldritch Blast a mere second later. He stumbled back. 

@Cronos5010 

Hearing the paladin’s shout, three of the birds spun with to stop the intruder. Two of their swords bounced off the armor, but the third’s blade found a chink in the armor and dealt 8 damage. The the three then ran out of range, the third one, carrying Yisen, got a fierce strike in the back that almost sent him to the ground, dealing 8 damage.

@Newt @Cataline @Yash @Alistair

As Venus’s kidnapper slipped out the hallway door, three Kenku’s came in, having heard the calls given by their comrades. They took aim on three different targets. The first shot went wide and missed Gael, the second, aimed at  Lynsal, lacked enough power to make it across the room. The third shot though, aimed almost dead straight towards Desmond, hit him and dealt 5 damage. “We don’t wish to hurt you, but we will if peace does not come. You have shown yourselves to be aggressive, knocking down our kin. This could be our last chance at mercy.”

Crevasse, patched up the poor Kenku from bleeding out, who stopped bleeding out and his breathing turned to a steadier pace. 

Edited by DigitalAmber

@Newt

Desmond fires an Eldritch Blast, only for a Kenku to turn and accidently slash it apart when he drew his blade back. 

@Yash

Lynsal, utterly confused by what is happening tries to do what he does best: hit things. He swings his quarterstaff, which misses one bird. His fist suddenly connects with the Kenku being fought by Nadine

@Megagun

Attempting to stop the fight, Zarrick called out, “Halt thine fight ye scalliwag landlovers!” 

@Alistair

Gael jabbed a dagger towards Yisen’s kidnapper, but stopped in fear of hitting the elf.his second dagger had confidence and dealt 4 damage to the Kenku. The Kenku lurched and stumbled forward, badly wounded and barely standing. 

@Amine Chankey3ft7

With a kick of the legs, you knocked your captor prone and sprinted off, grabbing a javelin from Kaeso. 

@Cataline

Crevasse leapt our the door and surveyed the scene briefly. Acting on instinct, she launched an Eldritch Blast at the Kenku carrying Yisan. The blast knocked the bird off it’s feet and it crashed to the ground unconcious. @Jace Stormkirk Yisan awoke underneath the unconcious body of the bird. 

@walpurgis

“I’m sorry, but if you have to attack us, we have to defend ourselves, and knowing what you’ve done up to now, I’m not inclined to trust you.” Nadine launched a fire bolt at the Kenku, who fell unconcious due to the mixture of a monk’s fist and fire. 

@Cronos5010

Kaeso charges towards the nearest Kenku, which was once Yisen’s but now the one next to Zarrick’s Kenku, the one holding no one. Kaeso swung his Morningstar, dealing 6 damage, with a shout of, “I do not want thee to come ye perverted people!” After he overheard the wrong part of the exchange between the Kenku and Desmond.

Kenku attack

@Cronos5010

Most of the birds, except the one holding Zarrick and the unconcious one’s repeated Zarrick’s demand. The one holding Zarrick shoves him into the bird who was holding no one, ordering the two to, “Get to the saferoom, I need to avenge Altrin, Selain, and Pliara.” The Kenku turned and with a cry, turned and charged with his shortsword, which pierced a kink in the armor and dealt 5 piercing damage. The three archers, free crying out, “We don’t want bloodshed, just flight. But! You have felled three of our brothers and sisters. We will attack you and only you until you alone surrender. We are trying to help Kenku’s everywhere.” The three’s Arrows bounced off Kaeso’s armor. The Kenku standing peacefully, who once held Gael, took aim at Kaeso. With expert precision, the arrow pierced and dealt 4 damage. The prone Kenku struggles to get up, and pulled himself to his feet, before collapsing in an unconcious pile. 

The new Kenku standing next to Zarrick grabbed him and pulled the two through the door onto a hall. Creature’s Kenku was walking down a ways ahead. A staircase was at the end of the hall. 

Edited by DigitalAmber

Jeanna, seeing Kaeso being attacked by the perverted birds, grabbed the unconsious paladin's arm and used her Lay on Hands ability. Her hands glowed for a second, and healed up Kaeso by 5 points of health.

The Kenku he was fighting seconds earlier now resting unconscious on the floor, Gael heard the other birds' claims and shook his head; this entire mess was nothing but a waste of time. Lunging forward, he pressed a dagger against the unconscious Kenku's throat and yelled at the others "Drop your weapons now, or this one dies!" in an attempt at intimidating them into surrender.

Yisan, quite annoyed that his peaceful nap was so rudely interrupted, get up and sees his companions fighting the hosts. quite confused by this and angry at them for such unwarranted fighting pulls out his zulkoon and blows a loud note to get everyone's attention and yells out "can someone explain to me why you are fighting our hosts?they have done nothing to me in my sleep so i am taking there side in this fight!"

@Psychic Bean Sheep

As Tan rapidly pulls out a rope to try to tie up the Kenku, he fumbles up the knots, resulting in an exceptionally lose knot that broke the instant it was moved. 

@Yash

(Initiative 15, Round ??)Lynsal sees the two Kenku which knocked out Kaeso, and rushes towards them, swinging his quarterstaff at the one on the left, managing to smack it hard. He then tries punching the one on the right, but his hand goes straigth through the bird. He stops and stares at his fist for a second, confused by this. The punched bird staggered back from the blow, and had a large visibly bleeding head wound. 

@Newt

Desmond fires an Eldritch Blast across the hallway to one of the archers, who groaned as his arm was hit and pulled out an arrow, ready to shoot. 

@Megagun

“Define thine actions for this eve’s bescumbered rest.” 

The Kenku glanced at him as he led the Triton after Creature’s Kenku, who had suddenly turned and entered a door. The Kenku stopped outside the door.  “You’ve been helpful, so I’ll grant you some information. We were given orders to move you into this here room for your own protection, aight. The captain said somthing along the lines of him doubting any of the nobles aboard or their entourage could defend themselves incase a mutiny occurred. It would be easier to keep you all safely out of the way in one spot if it did. Least that’s what the captain told me.” The Kenku’s voice took on a odd multitude of tones, including harsher and more lighted eerie ones. “I just need you to come on in this room.” 

@Alistair

The Kenku he was fighting seconds earlier now resting unconscious on the floor, Gael heard the other birds' claims and shook his head; this entire mess was nothing but a waste of time. Lunging forward, he pressed a dagger against the unconscious Kenku's throat and yelled at the others "Drop your weapons now, or this one dies!" in an attempt at intimidating them into surrender. 

The birds all turned towards Gael, the archers had their bows all trained on him. Slowly, they relaxed and the arrows dropped from the bow. All except one. 

@Amine Chankey3ft7

In a daring move, Jeanna dove to her fellow Paladin and pressed her hands into him, which flowed with light. 

@Cataline

"Fell?!" She hissed, "I sheltered two of my crew members after they came to me drugged. The first thing I was met with was an ambush. I do not am to kill,  but.." She raised her rapier to cast eldritch blast at the speaking kenku... but it went pretty wrong, blowing a hole in the roof of the hallway. The cold damp sea breeze flowed in from the hole which lead to the deck. 

@Cronos5010

Kaeso thanks the fellow Paladin for bringing him back to the land of the not unconcious by saying, "I thank thee for your assistance lady Jeanna, it was much appreciated." Before he stood up and charged into the fray once more!...only to miss the nearest Kenku. 

@Jace Stormkirk

Kaeso thanks the fellow Paladin for bringing him back to the land of the not unconcious by saying, "I thank thee for your assistance lady Jeanna, it was much appreciated." Before he stood up and charged into the fray once more!...only to miss the nearest Kenku with a 10.

@walpurgis

Nadine snapped and launched a bolt of flame towards the Kenku archer struck mere seconds ago by Desmond, who was off balanced enough that the flame that signed his feathers made him lean against the wall for support. 

Kenku actions

The Kenku all stare warily at the knife in Gael’s hand and the last Kenku archer with an arrow in his bow shoots it between Kaeso and the bird full of rage he was preoccupied with. “Call off your fucking barbarians and we can talk.” 

“Ceasefire bloody hell! Follow the damn rules of engagement and let us treat our fucking wounded, ehh!” 

“If you fell another one of my fucking brothers, I will gut you.” 

Edited by DigitalAmber

Kaeso chose to semi honor the ceasefire by not dropping his weapond and shouting out, "WELL PERHAPS IF YOUR BARBARIAN HAD CHOSEN TO CONVERSE WITH ME ABOUT THE CAPTAIN'S ORDERS INSTEAD OF TRYING TO STAB ME AFTER HE SNUCK INTO MY ROOM I WOULDN'T HAVE ASSUMED THAT ALL OF THE BIRD PEOPLE WHO WERE CARRYING MY UNCONCIOUS ALLIES OUT OF THEIR ROOM WERE TRYING TO KIDNAP THEM." He then took a deep breath before he yelled out, "NOW WHAT IS ALL THIS TALK ABOUT A MUTINY, AND WHY DID YOU THINK THAT THE HEAVILY ARMED ADVENTURERS WOULDN'T BE ABLE TO DEFEND OURSELVES FROM ONE?" He then touched himself and muttered a quick prayer to bring himself back up to 10 HP before he glared directly at the kenku that had fired an arrow at him, and tried his best to make them all piss their pants or otherwise secede with nothing but the intensity of his glare. (Rolled a 17)