Still keeping the defeated kenku in check and readying himself for any threatening move, Gael twisted his mouth into an ominous grin as he listened to Kaeso's outburst. Glancing sideways at the remaining foes, he calmly added: "I'd listen to the big guy in armor if I were you, and answer his question. We wouldn't want to make him even angrier than he already is now, would we?" (performing the help action to give Kaeso advantage on his roll)

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nadine adopts a less offensive but still threatening stance. "It's true that we knocked down some kenku, but I had no ill intent and neither did my allies. That's not something I can say about you, who drugged us and tried to abduct us in the middle of the night. Explain yourselves or accept the consequences of your actions." (I roll peruasion, I get an unnatural 20)

The tabaxi bounds to Tan's side as he trips to  to prevent any other strike. "Let's stand down for now. As aggravating as these Kenku have been, I believe a good explanation would be welcome. She then looks him in the eye, whilst preparing to strike him down if needed.

The Kenku quaked in their boots and their feathers shivered in the silence as they slowly regained their composure. A few opened their mouths to speak before closing it. Eventually, one regained his nerve. The one who struck down Kaeso and was visibly bleeding spoke. "Fuck you all!" 

"Feulin, shut up god damn it!"  One of the archers, the one badly wounded and leaning on the wall staggered towards him. 

"Damn traitor you are, Avani! If you sell out the Captain and the G----" As Feulin tried to say the final word, his voice was cut off by a multitude of coughs that caused the other Kenku to wince. Avani decided to take the initiative. 

"I will fucking tell all of you, alright. Just spare my friends, even if they can be idiotic. We... we.... The captain ordered us not to tell anyone, but.... We were supposed to move you all into a safe room tonight and put you back in bed in the morning. None would be the wiser. The captain has... the.... Wings. We have been promised wings and flight. Oh how we long for flight. We.... I really cannot say too much on this subject without punishment." 

"Too the ground with it Avani."  Feulin straightened up. "You spilled that much, we might as well. The captain has found a way to get us wings, a few of the crew members.... they disagree with the method. Those fucking cowards were going to ruin it all for us. I bet they hired you, didn't they. Told you about all this and spun it their fucking way to make us the bad guys. We want the wings we once had, that we all dreamed of. Nothing more. We were simply told to move you to the safe room. The captain never told us why. I think he intends to keep you all safe there. Whispers have gotten around, a mutiny could happen." 

Edited by DigitalAmber

"This is a terrible misunderstanding. The only mission we have been commended is to investigate why Clearwell’s springs have stopped performing miracles." Answered Nadine, totally abandoning her attack position in an attempt to look the more inoffensive possible, but remaining alert nonetheless. "Your words seem genuine. You really wish to obtain your wings, don't you? The fervor with which you speak makes me wonder why your fellow crew members would oppose."

Lynsal seeing the others stand down, slowly lowers his quarterstaff, however doesn't put it away. Hearing the Kenku's explanation for their actions and seeming satisfied, Lynsal sits down with his back against the corridor wall, takes out a bottle of rum from his robes and starts drinking again. "Aah. That's the stuff." He then realizes he had another bottle which he had taken from the tavern on the ship. "Hey you guys, have you seen my bottle of ale? I had two when I left the tavern, and I only drank one." He starts walking around looking for his ale.

To an outside observer Kaeso would seem to not have lowered his guard at all, as he was admittedly still in his full set of armor and showed absolutely no intention of lowering his bloodied morningstar or his shield. There was also the bit where he practically shouted out, "QUITE FRANKLY IF YOU HAD MENTIONED THAT YOU WERE DOING THIS TO PROTECT THE PASSENGERS I WOULD HAVE IMMEDIATELY ASKED IF I COULD BE AWAKE AND PROTECTING THAT SAFE ROOM AS WELL, THE FACT THAT YOUR CAPTAIN INSTEAD CHOSE TO INCAPICATE THE LOT OF US WITH FORCE OF ARMS OR CRETINOUS POISON IMPLIES A DISTINCT LACK OF TRUST IN THE CHARITY OF STRANGERS THAT PERSONALLY HURTS MY FEELINGS. AND PERSONALLY I COULDN'T CARE LESS ABOUT THE METHODS YOU PERFORM TO OBTAIN YOUR VAIN FLIGHT IF YOU OBTAINED ANY NECESSARY SACRIFICES RIGHTFULLY THROUGH EITHER FORCE OF ARMS OR PURCHASE FROM A DEALER WHO HOLDS NO INTEREST IN THE WELL BEING OF HIS GOODS. ALSO ANYONE WHO CONSORTS WITH DEVILS FOR THEIR POWER IS A FOOL IN NEED OF AN ATTORNEY AND REDEMPTION FROM THE NEAREST PALADIN IF MAINHUN SHUKR. ALSO I NOW WISH TO SPEAK TO YOUR CAPTAIN FOR OBVIOUS REASONS."

(ROLLED A 20 FOR PERSUASION AND A 15 FOR INSIGHT)

Avani started to turn to Nadine. "The traitors disagree with the Captain and-"

"Avani! Shut the fuck up! Do you want to die? Because you are about to!" 

"Feulin, they need to know. It's our lives or the captain and-"

"Avani! You fucking traitor! Your the traitor here aren't you? The captain swore us to fucking secrecy. We have already told too much. Now shut up! To answer your damn question, Tiefling, I cannot do so without consequence. So your knight in shining armor over their doesn't get even more riled up, the Captain found a way to get us flight and will gladly exploit it. And you, you-" 

"Feulin! Shut your god damn mouth before me and the 'knight in shining armor' as you so put it kill you. I am not the damn traitor!

Now stay quiet. Your only making things worse here, you birdbrained buffoon. Now, can we have some fucking quiet diplomacy please. No more yelling from Mr. Knight, okay. Miss Tiefling, we cannot tell you for fear of consequences. Now, Mr. Knight. Now would be a truly inoppertune time to converse with the captain, and I am sure you wouldn't wish to be on his bad side. Our captain is not at fault here, he is simply doing as destiny dictates. You shall not be permitted entrance at such an ungodly hour." 

A second archer regained his wits about him and stepped forward. "Could all of thee stop bickering like little children? That would be rather soothing to my ears. And Avani. I never want to hear that swear again; never thought you would ever say it. Shall we acquiesce the angry knight's request? It would be rather wise. The captain is down the hall, across the deck, in the cabin or-- in the cabin. Now, Mr. Knife pointer, could you release your hostage?"

Kaeso decided to lower the volume of his voice, if not the intensity present in his words, "Every hour is a Godly hour for such an ardent follow of Mainhun Shukr AS I! Now quickly! Take us to your leader for we will have words with him... before the whole lot of you incur the just wrath of our party once more.". He then turned ever so slightly to gesture at his well intentioned compatriot with the knife to say, "You should let him go now, for it is quite clear that not only have all of this started from nothing but an admittedly dumb mistake on the part of their part, for it is quite clear that their choice to resort to violence and guile was a poor one, but that the addition of one more kenku to their ranks won't put us in any more danger."
(Persuasion roll of 21 to convince the Kenku TO HURRY UP AND TAKE US TO THEIR LEADER)

"Wait! Now that we have cleared the situation and before anything else I want you to free our companions -the triton and the human-." Demanded Nadine. "There's no reason to keep them captive any longer. Even if they were actually hired by your fellow crew members I don't think they would be so foolish to try to take us all down by themselves, and even if they were... well, it would be bad for them." (Persuasion roll of 11 (rip))

Kaeso's words weren't met with much reluctance from Gael; the Kenkus seemed to have lost their will to fight, and keeping one of them hostage would surely not serve any purpose other than aggravating them.

"Very well." Gael released the unconscious bird and slowly backed away. "There's a time for blades, and there's a time for words. Undoubtedly, your captain should have a lot to tell us."

Nonetheless, Gael remained on his guard and listened closely, hoping to detect any footsteps or movements that would indicate the arrival of more foes. (Perception check, 12)

As Kaeso was preparing to march towards the captain of this vessel's current location when the Kenku revealed him, he suddenly realized that Nadine was right, the Kenku did abduct some of the party in the chaos of the battle, and he found himself saying, "The woman is right, it would be considered to be a sign of your good faith if you release them into our care once more, and as we are all about to meet the captain of this ship anyway in what I presume will be the second safest room in the entire ship, it would be a good idea to secure them there.... especially if they are working for the mutinous crew."

(ROLLED A 24 FOR PERSUASION)

On 3/27/2018 at 3:06 AM, Cataline said:

The tabaxi bounds to Tan's side as he trips to  to prevent any other strike. "Let's stand down for now. As aggravating as these Kenku have been, I believe a good explanation would be welcome. She then looks him in the eye, whilst preparing to strike him down if needed.

Tan stares at the tabaxi for a short while before saying, "Fine lets hear what they have to say". He puts his greataxe back into its rightful place and then glares at the kenkus

yisan has been listening to the poor kenku's plight and after much thought he came up with the plan.

alight i have listen to your plight and it has swayed me to help you. i want to know how this captain knows how to rid you of this curse or if it was all a bluff. if you take me to him i shall find out. and no one will be the wiser. 

Fuelin lunges forward, dragged the unconscious bird back, and jumped away from everyone. 

"The Triton and the Hooded One came willingly. The Hooded One even fell back asleep. And why should we give them both back. Two lives are not worth one. Two of our crew is missing when they were supposed to bring you in. So why should we give you all the fucking people who willingly accepted it?"

"Feulin, I am getting tired of yelling at you, so stay quiet. Take the Trition and the Hooded One. The one in the hood likely will be too lazy to do much. So, we shall indeed take you to the safe room and let you retrieve your two compatriots. And for your question, Bard, we are not to dicuss our captain's method of curse breaking. No amount of asking will get us to reveal it for we our simply flight wanting, death fearing Kenku. No one is stopping you from going up the stairs to the deck at the end of the hall." 

Meanwhile

The eyes of the Kenku in the hallway asking Zarrick to get into the saferoom widened. Upon hearing the tale of defeat from down the corner, the Kenku opened the door and shoved Zarrick inside before swiftly locking it so it looked like the other doors in the hallway. 

Kaeso rather noticeably took a step forward before he said, "Then show us where the creature lies with the triton before any of them wakes up and starts to panic inside of a strange room full of strangers!." He then waits for one of the Kenku to finally put their money where their mouth is and start to lead him to the safe room, and before he leaves he would gesture for some of the members of the party to follow him while he said, "It is said in the book of Bel that 'One preparing to travel down a dangerous path should seek firm and loyal allies.' What this means is that at least one of you is following me just in case the crew starts their mutiny while I am seeking to rescue our unconcious companions.".

(Rolled a 21 to convince the Kenku to lead him there NOW.)

"Crevasse, Desmond and I knocked down one of your companions. He is in that room." Answers Nadine, pointing her finger towards Crevasse's room. "I think Crevasse stabilized them, so they should be safe. I don't know about the other, but you should be thankful of how considerate the tabaxi was, given the situation we're in. Most people would have left your fellow crew member to die -or even worse-. Now, please, show us the way the safe room, Avani."

"... right, I'll let you do the talking then." Striding toward his cabin at a brisk pace, Gael left the apparently pacified Kenkus with his companions. There, he picked up the equipment he had left, notably his rapier.

Tan was irritated of being drugged by the Kenkus, that his life could have ended earlier with him incapable of even resisting. When he heard Kaeso's words, he could not help but feel a bit of joy inside him as there was finally something to be done. "I'll help you sir Kaeso. Saving our colleagues is one of our top priority". Said Tan as he follows Kaeso, thinking to himself about bashing some kenku skull.

Avani held up a finger as he staggered off towards Gael's room, creating a bit of tension as he entered. He stared at his friends body and called for Fuelin to carry him out. Feulin struggled a little, but managed to carry the Kenku. Noticing an odd Oder coming from Kaeso's room, Avani glanced in before slamming the door upon seeing the blood of mottled feathers of a friends corpse. 

"Avani? Avani! Snap out of whatever damn daydream your in. You good man?"

"....."

"Avani?"

"..."

"Avani!"

".... Yeah?.... I'm good. Now... if you all will just follow me this way.... the saferoom....."

As Avani entered the hall, a careful observer could see a tear fall from his face. He stopped near a set of three doors and stared blankly at them, unsure of where to

move. 

"Oh! No no wait I left my charm in my room! Without it I can't-- aghh I'll be right there in a minute!" (21 deception) Crevasse feigning to have forgotten her spell focus jolts to her room and while no one is looking casts minor illusion to make the space underneath her bed seem unoccupied, or at least, part of it. Enough that the tabaxi could curl comfortably. It would not be a permanent hiding place, but hopefully would suffice until whatever was going to happen happens. She felt very skeptical about heading into the saferoom, but if the kenku were forthright, her absence shouldn't be a problem.

"A kenku went to each room, but no kenku came out of Kaeso's... was he...?" Asked Nadine awkwardly, noticing Avani's mood change. "I... I'm so sorry..." (I use my action to give Kaeso advantage)

Jeanna, after healing Kaeso with her Lay on Hands ability, stood up, as the Kinkus started explaining the situation. She lowered her javelin, and went to her room She thought she had to fetch her weapons, before heading into that 'safe room'. She did not want to take any risks.

"Do not worry about your fallen companion's soul, nor for the shattered remains of his body, for my Lord, Mainhun Shukr has already seen fit to bestow him his forgiveness for the sin of attacking one of his servants, as his head is already anointed with the blood of bird of the air's as his sin offering." He said as his morningstar was still slick with the man's blood, causing a couple of drops to fall to the ground.

((Rolled a 26 for Persuasion))