Nadine gives Kaeso an annoyed look and gets out of the captain's quarters. 

She breathes in...

She breathes out.

She enters the quarters again and looks at the captain in the eyes. "They also mentioned someone else. We know you are not alone, there's someone else, the person who claims to have a way to get you wings. As for the ones that died, I didn't notice any white rag, but they were carrying this." Nadine shows Avani's pin and parchment. "It looks like infernal, but it isn't. Are you aware that you might have made a dangerous pact with a malignant being? The names of the dead were Feulin, Avani, Mellisar and Stalla. I'm sorry, I wish things could have been diferent." Nadine looks away for a second. 

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

“Stalla was with them? I, I thought she was with us. She said she was. Damn it! The pieces have fallen out of place. We put the white rags in place to tell our Kenku from hers, the head bitch, as we call her.” The bird looked at the parchment. “That’s Auran, you know. The language is. It’s our native language. It has roots from primordial, which is where infernal has roots. It uh... Shit. It tells Stalls to betray us. The head bitch knew she wasn’t with them, she knew. I want wings, just like the rest of the crew, but the ends are not worth the means. I’m not the captain. I’m just doing some snooping, now leave me in peace.”

"You are being inconsistent." Nadine looks at the kenku confused, unable to discern if he is being truthful or not. "What's the deal with this 'head bitch' you talk about? What's so bad about the means to get your wings?"

"What's so bad?! The fact that the means are purposefully being hidden from us, that's what's so bad. They are hiding something. We have never even met the head bitch in person. And the way she clearly wrapped the Captain around her finger stinks of foul play. I am not blindly doing the bidding of someone like that, as innocent as it might seem. They were probably planning to slaughter all those passengers in the storeroom. But we wouldn't know, because she had excuses galore for her actions. She might have started the rebellion just for the sake of excuses. She is dangerous and untrustworthy."

Desmond yawns, clearly tired of this.

"Can't we skip the sad and cliche story? Just tell us who is this "G" woman and where she is."

"I must agree. This whole thing is really gotten quite exhausting. I'm the person who does the dirty work and not the investigation so I'd like nothing more than to take out whoever is responsible for this mess already." She gave the kenku a glare from the door she stood in front of before returning to guard it. As she places her ear back to the door to listen she tenses up as she notices (Perception: 15) that two people are standing outside the door.  "<Does anyone know Undercommon here? Because there's possible trouble outside right now..>" Even if no one understood her, she hoped the change in speech would get the group's attention, whilst possibly not alerting whoever is outside as she stepped a bit away from the door and pointed her rapier at it. 

Edited by Cataline

"<Good, and yes I do. Rather it not be a repeat of earlier if they're anything like those guys. But if it is that way,>" She gave a quick glance at the door, and back at the others  "What do we do about this one?" She asked in Common, as she gestured to the kenku.

(Insight check on the Kenku 15) "I suggest that we find this head bitch, the temptress that have corrupted the captain and all of his crew and deal with her once and for all...or at least find someone who can help us do just that." Kaeso said as he took a couple of steps forward to try and help the non Captain Kenku up, "But anyway right now I find myself asking, if you are not the captain himself then who in the nine hells are ye?"

"No, shut up! Stop speaking in tongues I do not know." The Captain's voice shifted to a different language briefly. "I do not know where to find the head bitch. I had hoped it would be in this room. I am-- No. I won't tell you. You are working with her, aren't you? She strung a third party under her wing and got them to kill people from both sides. I won't be a part of it." The Kenku shifted his hand to his cloak.

Kaeso proceeded to rather magnificently pimp slap the 'captain' with his right gauntleted hand (22 to hit 4 damage, 18 Intimidate) before he shouted, "NOW LISTEN HERE YOU LITTLE SHIT, NONE OF US HERE WOULD HAVE CARED ABOUT THE MUTINY OR KILLED ANYONE IF IT WASN'T FOR THE FACT THAT YOUR OPPONENT WAS PERFECTLY WILLING TO SACRIFICE ALMOST A DOZEN PEOPLE TO WHAT I CAN ONLY ASSUME IS A FOUL FIEND, AND WE ALL JUST WANT TO FINISH WHAT WE HAD UNKNOWINGLY STARTED AND GET THROUGH THE REST OF THE NIGHT WITHOUT HAVING TO WORRY ABOUT BEING HOUNDED BY YOUR TREACHEROUS MURDER OF BILGERATS AND THE LONG BLADES THEY HAVE WAITING FOR US IN THE NIGHT, NOW I AM BEING AS REASONABLE AND PATIENT AS I CAN BE RIGHT NOW, AND ALL I WANT TO KNOW IS EXACTLY WHO YOU ARE, HOW YOU ARE CONNECTED TO THE CAPTAIN, AND WHETHER OR NOT YOU WILL ATTEMPT TO KILL US FOR NO REASON WHATSOEVER BECAUSE THAT IS APPARENTLY THE FASHIONABLE THING TO DO ON THIS SHIP. AND DESPITE EVERYTHING I CAN ASSURE YOU THAT NO HARM WILL BEGALL ON YOU AND WHATEVER MEN YOU HAVE UNDER YOUR COMMAND IF YOU CHOOSE NOT TO ATTACK US, NOW IS THAT CLEAR OR DO I HAVE TO LEAN IN TO SHOUT IT DIRECTLY IN YOUR EAR?."

Tan walks into the captain's room after he finished flipping through the mats, angry with his fruitless search. As walked into the room, he heard what appears to be the captain refusing to agree. He did not have time for this, there are other mats to be flipped, to be investigated. Tan walked up to the captain. He raises his hand and slaps the kenku (attack 7, dmg 3)

Nadine lets a moderate current of electricity visibly run through her hands. "The more I think about it, the more apparent it becomes that you are lying. If you don't give us a good explanation quickly I won't hesitate." Nadine tries to jump towards the kenku and use shocking grasp on him, but she trips on the violin and hits the wall instead. Ashamed, she jumps back to her original position, only to trip with the violin again. She angrily kicks the violin away.

The captain coughed, reeling from two slaps and an attempted Shocking Grasp. The violin bounced against the bookcase and bent a decent bit. A few books on the bookcase josteled a bit from the force. 

"Damn it, stop trying to murder me! I am with the traitors against her royal bitchy highness. Shut up, you just alerted everyone nearby that shit is going down in here and an outsider is involved, if they didn't know already. My name is Indoya, I am a navagtor here, not the captain. I came in here for snooping and maybe some forging of documents. If you keep ranting like a madman, we might come to blows. I don't know where her high bitchyness is. I was hoping she was in here, and you all interrupted before I could do anything important. Got that. Now get out of here if you won't help or try to be fucking diplomatic."

"I'm sorry. Look, you are right, I'm sorry. We are tired and we have been attacked two times already this night. I feel this person you talk about is no good and I genuinely want to get to the bottom of this." Says Nadine, in a much more calm tone. "Let's try to help each other from now on. Have you found anything? If I remember correctly, Avani wasn't the only one carrying a parchment, I think Stalla and Feulin had one too. I don't know if they say anything different, my partners should have them." Nadine pauses for a second and looks around. "Desmond, Kaeso, would you mind?" She then turns towards the kenku again. "And don't worry, if any enemy comes here alarmed by the noise we will take care of them."

(Rolled 19 for persuasion)

Gael was very moderately interested in listening to Indoya's spiel, and seriously considered returning to his cabin to wait until the ship finally reaches the shore. However, when the kenku was sent reeling backwards by relentless shocking and slapping, he perked up. The sound the violin made when hitting the bookshelf wasn't natural.

"...what the hell was that?"

Coming closer to inspect it, Gael didn't seem to find anything anormal at first glance (investigation, rolled 9). However, he was quite sure to have heard it producing an odd sound. Calling his companions nearby, he exclaimed: "Hey. I think there's something weird with that bookshelf. Anyone wanna take a look?"

"Yes- I've heard it as well."

Desmond approaches Gael and the bookshelf, and violently taps and shoves literally every book in it (he counted them too, there are 19 of them, mostly in alphabetical order) but no cliche secret trapdoor appears.

"Well, let's try this, then." Desmond goes to the lateral side of the shelf, and starts to try to push it. For his surprise, it wasn't that heavy, as he easily pushes it from the wall. Behind it, he sees a discolored portion of the wall with an odd segment jutting out of it. A small crack runs along the center of it.

"You might want to see this." Desmond refers to the rest of the group.

Nadine giggles and walks up to the wall. "Every cloud has a silver lining, I guess." She gently plays around with the sticking out segment trying to open the secret door.

"If you don't mind sir, I'd prefer to look further into that-" with a bound Crevasse swiftly opens the door wide, "Once we've exterminated all the rats!" She stabs (16+4 to hit)  her weapon into one of the two beings who had been behind the door, dealing 5 piercing damage before even knowing who they might have been.

Edited by Cataline

The Captain(?) whirled around and stared as the bookshelf was noisily pushed around. "What is th--" He got cut off by Crevasse opening the door and attacking a Kenku outside. The Kenku, although ready, was sliced into by the blade. The two struck together in retaliation. The injured Kenku faltered from the pain and failed to slice flesh, but the second one managed to do the job and deal 4 damage. The Captain(?) found his voice and spoke up. "All of you, stop this! Those are allies, they are with me!" Admist the chaos, the outsticking wooden chunk roughy slid back into the wall. A hole widened as it was pushed back in. The Captain(?) was unaware of these developments.

"I imagined they were your allies when you suddenly switched to another language after Crevasse and I did. I guess I should have said something, but I was waiting to see how would you act." Nadine peered into the hole. "There seems to be some machinery here and... oh! There's a lock here. Come here, Gael, do you think you can open it?"

"There's someone behind this wall. Be careful." Desmond telephatically tells Nadine, who was the closest one, as he ignores the other two kenkus that just entered the room.

Gael shook his head as he answered Nadine's request: "Maybe, maybe not, but in any case I don't feel like getting stabbed in the back." Turning towards the 2 newcomers, he beckoned them in a cold tone: "You. Are you really with this one?" Gael points the impostor captain with his rapier. "...nevermind. Doesn't matter. Either way, be good birds and step in the light before you get skewered again." (rolled 14 for intimidation)

Nadine is able to feel the presence of this someone Desmond told her about, but she is unable to locate this entity. Unable to think of a better way to take advantage of the little knowledge she has, she simply gives a step back and prepares herself to attack with a fire bolt whatever comes out of the hole if necessary. "I know you are there. Reveal yourself."