Nadine is bothered by how the kenku tried to attack her while she was trying to stabilize Jeanna. "Look, I'm not happy that your fellow crew member died, but you brought this upon yourselves. Don't forget that we are not the ones who tried to kidnap you in the middle of the night." Overwhelmed by all that was happening and holding back tears she launches a rather weak ray of frost towards Stalla that doesn't even hurt her. "And you, useless cleric, if Jeanna doesn't make it because of you I'll throw you into the sea once this is over. I don't care about your morals but use your fucking common sense. Attacking an unconscious person in the middle of a fight is not the smartest move, be it an ally or an enemy. This is an enormous mess, I regret the day I joined the STS."

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kaeso is in all honesty quite sick and tired of all of the kenku's bullshit by this point as he quickly raised his morningstar up to hit Fuelin directly on the man's beaked face with a rather devastating uppercut (21 to hit, 8 to damage(, sending the craven kenku flying back for a brief and slightly glorious moment before he sprawled out on the floor in an unconscious and slowly bleeding pile. He then shot the creature a dirty and hopefully more than slightly intimidating look as he shouted out, "OH SURE, LET'S ALL START RANDOMLY ATTACKING PEOPLE FOR NO REASON FROM NOW ON! BECAUSE THAT IS SUCH A GREAT IDEA," he rolled his eyes at He ran towards the nearest Kenku to meet them head on immediately after he said that.

Upon hearing Creature's nonsensical words and witnessing the mess this room had become, Gael simply shook his head and muttered to himself "What cesspool of degenerates am I stuck in again..."

Adopting a dueling stance once more, he attempted to jab his rapier at Stalla, but his attack lacked determination and hit nothing but thin air (rolled 8). Letting out an annoyed grunt, he backed away a few steps, wary of a possible counter-attack. "Someone finish that thing off and let's get out of here already!"

"Stop thy fighting yee damned foul fowls." 

Zarrick stood and concentrated on Stalla and closed his eyes as he fired off a sickly blue ray of frost. Perhaps he should have kept his eyes open; however, as instantly after he fired off the spell, Yisen groaned and staggeredly sat up. He was now conscious again. Unfortunately, he stood right in Zarrick's firing line and got hit by a ray of Frost, sending him spiraling back down.

"Hahaha, dumb guy. Knocked out our friend. Hahaha." Lynsal laughs after seeing Zarrick knock down Yisen. (Initiative 5) Lynsal tries hitting the nearest Kenku and again misses with his quarterstaff, getting really annoyed and shouts in frustration before smashing with his fist and managing to actually hit something (8 damage for attack roll of 18).

(Initiative 3) Tan felt clearly the pain of Stulla's attack. He enraged that this filthy creature could dare to hurt him. Even more so was her words about him. How could this creature possibly think it can defeat him. "YOU THINK YOU'RE SO STRONG?" Yelled Tan as he became overwhelmed by anger (use rage).  He swings his axe towards Sturla with all his might  (attack 17, damage 😎

"Time to end this little game." Once again, Desmond points his hand towards Stalla who was busy with Tan, launching another Eldritch Blast, rolling a crit and doing 20 damage, more than enough to take her out. (26 to hit, 16 damage)

"Looks like you focused the wrong big fish. Well, can't really blame you," Desmond says, right before looking at Creature, who was near Jeanna. "Now, what should we do about you?"

(initiative 6) Crevasse having gotten distracted, finally notices the sound of fighting down the hallway. (Perception Unnat 20) The Tabaxi slips out of her hiding place and uses her feline agility to get to the scene, but it seems that it had calmed down the seconds it took her to get there. "I know following them was a bad idea! I'm sorry I'm late, is everyone all right?"

"You sure took your time. Well, as you can see Jeanne over there is not that well, considering "Creature" just tried to kill her. We've beaten the Kenkus, but we still have to decide what to do with her, and what to do when the Captain arrives." Desmond answers Crevasse, but keeping an eye on Creature, ready to counter attack if she tried to hit Jeanna again (rolled 19 to hit if Creature makes any sudden move, deal 10 damage).

"What a mess... I wish things would have been different, but I think we will have to fight our way out if this one. There's no way they will listen to us after this. " Answered Nadine, and then she walked up to Jeanna's unconscious body, kneeled and laid her hands on the paladin's body to heal her by 5 hp with the heal wounds spell. "I hope that's enough... I don't know if I will be able to use this spell in a while.

Jeanna slowly regains her conciousness. She hears some people talk but she couldn't really make out what they were talking about as her ears are still numb. She slowly opened her eyes, she was struggling to wake up from her dizziness after being hit by a rather powerful attack from one of the Kenkus. It was as if an invisible forve was trying to hold her down but it wasn't long until she felt someone lay their hands on her, which was all she needed to regain some of her strength, at least enough for her to be able to open her eyes, and get a feel of her surroundings. Jeanna, after finally opening her eyes, scanned the room and noticed that the Kenkus were lying in pools of their own blood, they were dead. She also noticed Nadine, kneeling besides her, and for some reason, unknown to her, Creature was also on her other side, and had a rather menacing look on her face. Jeanna wanted to get up and move away from the Creature but she couldn't. So she decided to just lie there on the floor for now.

"Thank heavens!... Jeanna seems to be alright." Says Nadine relieved. "She seems to need some rest, though." She puts her hands away from Jeanna and stands up. She gives creature a spiteful look and then moves towards the bodies of Yisan, Zarik, Avani, Feulin and Stalla. "I'm sorry... I hope you find peace." She then takes a deep breath and hesitates for a moment before kneeling again next to Avani's body. "... and I'm sorry for what I'm about to do, but those who are alive need your things way more than you do now." She starts inspecting Avani's body looking for the keys and other useful stuff (rolled a 13 in investigation).

"Yes I did sure take my time." She began with a tinge of annoyance in her voice, Regardless, I am here now, whether it be to be part of the clean up crew or strike down anyone else who proves themself dangerous. Hahhh,  I expect the morning to be quite, quite stressful.

Kaeso slowly walks towards Feulin and searches the man's body for any written confession of his misdeeds or any other evidence, unfortunately finding nothing of interest other than a set of playing cards, a half finished flask of alcohol, what appears to be a portrait of the sky carved into a wood block, 4sp, 7cp from a coin pouch, a pin with an upward pointing arrow that has sprouted wings with a script he does not recognize written on it, and a shortsword. Although he does also find a parchment with that same foreign script but what appears to be different words. He then decides to release his frustration at his own inability to find any particularly damning evidence by casually backhanding the Creature on the face with his Morningstar (13, 13 damage). He then turned around to everyone else and said "I know that this all will sound pretty damn hypocritical now, but I hate traitors." He then removed the creature's cloak and used it to clean his morningstar from the mixture of Kenku and human blood as he started to walk towards the rest of the group, "Now unless all of you wants to face the captain's wrath, I suggest that we start to clean this mess up and hide the bodies and our own persons."

Walking across the room without paying much attention to the small pools of blood that were slowly spreading, Gael stops next to the kenkus' dead bodies.

"Well well, corpses seem to multiply in my companions' path... at least these won't piss anyone off again." The rogue kneels with a casual smirk next to Stalla's body, and begins to unceremoniously search it for anything valuable or interesting (rolled 10). "Come on, wench, don't tell me you didn't have at least a few coins... ugh, shut up, you. I don't need any of your meaningless blabbering in my head right now."

"Well, that should take care of it for now." Desmond says as Kaeso hits Creature, making her faint, and then turns towards Gael who was searching for items in Stalla's body. "She doesn't have anything because I already took everything of value she had. Tell me, Gael, Would you and "the voice on your mind" mind coming with me to interrogate the Kenku whose we left in Crevasse's room to rest? I have some questions for her."

Somewhat surprised by Desmond's request, Gael raised an eyebrow, then faintly smiled and nodded. "If you so wish. Whatever the bird knows, this knowledge will be ours, I can assure you."

Gael got back to his feet and walked out of the saferoom, heading towards Crevasse's cabin.

Searching Avani's body Nadine finds: A set of dice, two letters written in Common, one of which is sealed, 3sp, 3cp, a metal ring maybe worth a few copper pieces, 13 arrows and a shortbow, a pin identical to Feulin's and a parchment with a foreign font identical to Feulin's. Unable to understand the parchment even though it looks similar to infernal, Nadine decides to read the letters. The first one seems from Avani's lover, Tilla. She wishes him health and prosperity and expresses that she want's to see him more. Nadine feels awful after reading it but still decides to open the closed letter to read it, imagining it would be the answer to Tilla's letter. It says: 

"Tilla,  
I apologize for everything I write in this letter and am sincerely sorry about this. I cannot reveal much, for my own sake, but things have come up. The Captain won't reveal how, but he thinks he has stumbled upon the path to flight. He swore us all to secrecy. I cannot say more. I won't be home anytime soon. I know I should do this in person, but we haven't the time or place. Tilla, I found what I thought I had and hadn't known I was looking for. I am sorry for doing this over letter, I truly feel terrible doing so. I am leaving you. Permanently. We were simply going through the motions and stereotypes. We had nothing between us. I am sorry. Please raid the shack at the corner of Seasburry and Wrightstreet if you are in need of money. I cannot apologize more. I will stay out of your life. Tragically sincere, Avani Fellowsglide."
She closes the letter and decides to hang on to it hoping to be able to make it reach Tilla.
She then hears someone being suddenly hit and quickly turns around thinking it could be an enemy. It was "Creature" being hit by Kaeso's morningstar. "Uh? Oh... Well... maybe it's better to keep her unconscious judging by how she behaved earlier. Her body seems to be the lightest and since I don't really have that much strength I guess I should be the one carrying her. Let's start moving."

"I'll leave this mess for you. Take care with the captain, we will be back the sooner we can, with information, I hope." Desmond says as he leaves the room right behind Gael, walking towards Crevasse's room.

"Ok so, let me explain the plan. Supposing she is still there, we are going to interrogate her to discover everything they didn't told us and if she knows what is this script that I found with Stalla. If we tell her that her friends are ok, she is going to ask to see them, and if we tell her that we killed them, she is not going to answer us, and I want to avoid torture so early, so here is the plan: we are going to tell her that the captain fooled them, and killed her friends while kidnapping our group to another place. We are the only ones who escaped, and now we need help to find them. IF this doesn't work, you'll have to come in, and you know what you are going to do."

Right after explaining the plan, Desmond and Gael arrives at Crevasse's room, where the Kenku was still asleep at the place they left her. Desmond approaches the Kenku, gently shaking her.

"Hey, wake up! Can you hear me?"

The Kenku stirred slightly. With her eyes still closed, she spoke. "It's good to know you all still care about leave no friend behind." The Kenku lazily and groggily opened her eyes, which widened in shock as she saw Desmond staring down at her. She failed to squirm out of his gentle grasp due to just waking up from unconsciousness. "Who are you? Where are my friends?!"

Edited by DigitalAmber

1 hour ago, Walpurgis said:

Searching Avani's body Nadine finds: A set of dice, two letters written in Common, one of which is sealed, 3sp, 3cp, a metal ring maybe worth a few copper pieces, 13 arrows and a shortbow, a pin identical to Feulin's and a parchment with a foreign font identical to Feulin's. Unable to understand the parchment even though it looks similar to infernal, Nadine decides to read the letters. The first one seems from Avani's lover, Tilla. She wishes him health and prosperity and expresses that she want's to see him more. Nadine feels awful after reading it but still decides to open the closed letter to read it, imagining it would be the answer to Tilla's letter. It says: 

"Tilla,  
I apologize for everything I write in this letter and am sincerely sorry about this. I cannot reveal much, for my own sake, but things have come up. The Captain won't reveal how, but he thinks he has stumbled upon the path to flight. He swore us all to secrecy. I cannot say more. I won't be home anytime soon. I know I should do this in person, but we haven't the time or place. Tilla, I found what I thought I had and hadn't known I was looking for. I am sorry for doing this over letter, I truly feel terrible doing so. I am leaving you. Permanently. We were simply going through the motions and stereotypes. We had nothing between us. I am sorry. Please raid the shack at the corner of Seasburry and Wrightstreet if you are in need of money. I cannot apologize more. I will stay out of your life. Tragically sincere, Avani Fellowsglide."
She closes the letter and decides to hang on to it hoping to be able to make it reach Tilla.
She then hears someone being suddenly hit and quickly turns around thinking it could be an enemy. It was "Creature" being hit by Kaeso's morningstar. "Uh? Oh... Well... maybe it's better to keep her unconscious judging by how she behaved earlier. Her body seems to be the lightest and since I don't really have that much strength I guess I should be the one carrying her. Let's start moving."

Before Nadine could so much as lay her hands on the unconscious creature to lift her up he immediately knelt down and tore Creature's holy symbol away from her and inspected it for any obvious demonic influences and profanity, which of course was pretty easy to find as it was literally an unholy symbol made by a demon worshiper to channel the 'divine' power of a demon, which is why he immediately did the reasonable thing and tried to crush and shatter it like all of the hopes and dreams of everyone who were a victim to a demonic cult were using his morningstar.
"If it were up to me I would have simply left her here, as I do not think that rescuing this traitorous creature's not worth the effort, but as Mainhun Shukur is a merciful god and I am naught but his humble servant I have decided that she will simply have to stand trial."

Tan stared at the lifeless body of Stella. His rage has started to subside and calmness started to regain its place it his mind. He glared at Stalla. She was indeed a strong foe. It was lucky for them to manage to slay her without any casualty.  Just then he heard a sound from behind. He turns his head and saw Creature falling to the ground and Kaeso wiping his morningstar. He narrowed his eye a bit but then turned to the saferoom. Creature's condition wasn't his problem. She bought it upon herself when she did it to Jeanna. Simple as that. He walked to the saferoom to see if there is anything of value in it. 

"You've been unconscious for a lot of time. Lots of things happened, and I don't even know where to start. Well, I won't sugarcoat it for you. All your friends are dead. All of you got fooled by the captain, and the captain betrayed you. Do you know the wings you were promised? That was a lie. You were told that to help the captain's plan. Not only that, but all our friends are dead now too, we are the only ones who managed to escape, and now we want revenge. Would you mind helping us with that?" Desmond tried to persuade her, using angry and sad expressions to look more realistic.

The bird gasped in shock, before narrowing her eyes. "No. No! This can't be true. The captain would never. He wants this more then all of us! Avani... the rest of them.... They can't be dead.... It... it wasn't the Captain... He would never. There is a third party involved. I will kill her. I will kill the G----."

At the last word, the Kenku started coughing.

"Hey, are you ok?!" Desmond tried to show that he was worried about her, but obviously he just wanted to hear the rest.

"Please, we need you. Who is this person? Is "she" responsible for my friends' death? Please!"

At this moment, Desmond glazed at Gael for a second, enough to use for the first time his telepathic powers

"Watch the door." Desmond notices there was a lot of things going on, and tried to be the most careful possible.