Newt

• Replies 425
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hmm... risking the detective vs. risking the doctor. Each means we get an almost confirmed mafia to lynch tomorrow if we're wrong (since, by virtue of the driver play Dive points out it's theoretically possible, although super unlikely, that both are town).

I guess, when it comes down to it, having a detective cleared has a higher net benefit than having a doctor cleared, so, in the absence of anything else, I guess I'll hope for the best.

[Eliminate] Divergent

Both Lykos and Dive presented solid arguments. However, I don't find Lykos' explanation for his first vote very convincing, and I feel he may be abusing his "town vibes"; on the other hand, Dive's claim has not been proved wrong or supported yet.

For this reason, I'll cast my vote tomorrow

@LykosHand As far as I know, you're only supposed to receive "Your target is innocent." or in other variants, you gey fooled into thinking that you targetted me, but in reality, you were forced to target another player.

Please, if the driver exists, please tell the truth. I know I'm definitely town. I checked my PM so many times and I know I'm the Doctor. If you lynch me now, you'll lose one of the most important roles, if not the most important.

I'll tell you what I think:

Megagun's and walpurgis' votes are both weird and their actions seem just sheepy to me. On the other hand, I think Nick and Roswell are town and I'm hard townreading Alaris. Also def townread on you.

Please, I implore you to enlighten your minds to the truth.

[Vote] Megagun

@sosobean @Lord Drakyle @NickCrash @Roswell @Alaris @Corso @Bazaro @Venus @Anti_Hero @Castiel101 @Amine Chankey3ft7 @sailboat 

As was said this game is a matter of trust, you can claim to be the cop and that someone is mafia but let's be honest that's all a matter of trust and information that 'definitive' this early just, i'm not sure I believe it yet [Unvote] Lord Drakyle [Eliminate] Megagun

Let's just see where this takes us and if anything else comes up to support the idea of Dive being mafia or Lykos being a Cop

That gun backfired oml, feels bad to see the twins role dying :/

R.i.p both

On the other way 'round, we noticed that Lykoshand claiming Dive to be a Scum and Dive claiming to be an innocent. FC or TC, who knows?

Most probably, it is not going to be a FC since I have never seen Dive to simply speak the lie. Driver exists in this game so It may be that replaced Dive with someone else who is literally a Scum. If I support this, then there's an another question waiting around: How come a Driver can choose the right person on the very night to shift it with a Maf? Perhaps, they were lucky enough to perform it in that way. I might be wrong again, as my luck has every demarcation to turn out wrong. :sadpepe:

For now, I won't vote anyone.

Guest Sparkin'

Late to the party I guess.

Although Dive's claim seems a little odd, I can give him the benefit of doubt, being that no one else has counterclaimed to be the doctor claim.

@LykosHand: Did your report say "Dive is mafia" or "Your target is mafia"?

I have to say that a few votes on his bandwagon are weird too.

Guest Sparkin'

[Eliminate] Megagun for now

@Anti_Hero: A resume of everything that has happened is that Lykos claimed that Dive was mafia in hopes to survive the small bandwagon, but then it was told that Dive's the doctor. Alisae was killed by a fake gun. That's all that's important, I think.

Well, if what you both say is true, we can conclude the following:

- The Driver is the only one that really knows who's the mafia.

- It is useless in terms of effectivenes that he/she stays hidden. If he/she did switch Dive with someone last night, the best he/she can do is tell us, in my opinion. The mafia will probably get rid of Lykos and Dive asap, since are the two biggest threats for them (one that revives the dead and another who knows their alignment). The driver, on the other hand, isn't much of a threat in the sense that yes, this time everything has been blown up, but I'm sure this does not happen often, and it's good for the mafia to keep a role that complicates the visits that much.

If one or the two of them were lying, that would mean that the real doctor or/and detective are still there somewhere. In that case, my advise for them would be to lay low for now...

Guest Sparkin'

Not liking the post of someone who says things that have already been said, or that everyone knows. It is often a mafia saying what others have said in attempt to look productive. The only thing that's been worth thinking that Alaris is town, is just a code, which isn't alignment indicative, because we aren't used to Alaris's playstyle.

With that said, it's also wrong to assume that the driver is really the only one that knows about this situation. I just want Lykos to confirm whether the message said "Dive is mafia" or "The person you investigated is mafia", because the former implies that DIve is really mafia, because the driver cannot fake reports but only change the targets of the reports.

5 minutes ago, Venus said:

Not liking the post of someone who says things that have already been said, or that everyone knows. It is often a mafia saying what others have said in attempt to look productive. The only thing that's been worth thinking that Alaris is town, is just a code, which isn't alignment indicative, because we aren't used to Alaris's playstyle.

Yes, you're right, I've been a little bit redundant there. At the last moment I deleted a last sentence... in which I was saying that there's still another possibility which hasn't still been considered, and is perhaps the cleverest of all because it would blow the cover of at least 1 mafia straight away. But I deleted it for obvious reasons.

@Venus That would make the driver's role useless. It's more probable that the message was "Your target was a mafia".

The problem is that I don't see either the Driver or another Doctor claiming their role.

It would be easy to reveal for the driver, since we'd know instantly if Lykos's findings were accurate or if he's lying through his teeth. 

Same goes for the counter-claim of the Doctor. If there's another person claiming doc, simply reveal, and we know who mafia is.

One thing we ought to consider is whether Alisae was the Driver or the Doctor.

That would explain why either one of those doesn't speak up. If the driver messed with the inv's results, and is dead, this situation happens.

In that case, not having a Doctor claim is actually speaking in defense of Dive, who claims doc. There' can't be 2 of them after all.

Yet, Alisae is only 1 person, and if they really were one of those roles, we're still waiting for the other to make a statement.

It is important that the real ones reveal. The town can turn their focus on those in order to continue searching for mafias.

I'm reminding everyone that Town is the uninformed majority. We win my learning things, and those things sometimes require revelations.

Slight mafiaread on Alaris for proposing the exact opposite.

I would say "Disregard the part about Alisae being the driver", since E shot Dive.

If E were the driver, they wouldn't need to shoot to make a point. Just vote for them and reveal their role.

The shot was more of an attempt to speed things up and show whether Lykos was lying or not. 

We know there's a Fabricator. We don't know if there's a Silencer. That would complicate things a little bit. 

If as you said we can determine that Alisae wasn't the driver, then the driver is out there. It wouldn't be necessary for the person that has such an important role for the town as the doctor to reveal their role.

I think I'll trust Lykos with this one. If he was aligned with the government and trying to deceive us the smartest move would have been to get behind Dive's driver excuse to keep his facade of inocence if once Divergent is lynched it's revealed that he was town.

Guest Sparkin'

26. The Driver - You may visit two persons at night. Any person who visits one of those people will visit the other chosen person instead.

@NickCrash: Driver's not a mafia role, which means that they have more purpose other than misleading town's reports. If used correctly, they can even kill a mafia at night.

@Venus You misunderstood what I said.

Naturally the Driver becomes increasingly more important towards the end of the game.

But, if they drive carelessly early on, they can mess up with the cop's results. 

So they should reveal if they drove Dive with anyone else or not. 

@walpurgis If there's a doc out there, it's much safer to reveal the driver and not the doc. Both can dispute the claim.

14 minutes ago, Venus said:

@NickCrash: Driver's not a mafia role, which means that they have more purpose other than misleading town's reports. If used correctly, they can even kill a mafia at night.

The problem is that since we're not organised by definition, we cannot "use it correctly". Unless I miss something, I don't think it poses a threat to the mafia right now, so it wouldn't be a prioritary target such as doctors (and time travelers in general) or detectives.

---

And I'd like to have a little bit of clarification (by anyone) on something, as it's my first mafia game:

In the mafia, there is one assassin and several other roles. It says that if the assassin dies, the mafia can still kill. My question is: who, exactly? I mean, if there is no assassin, they just vote who they want to kill and one of them visits him/her? Or every member of the mafia can kill separately? (but only one can travel in time?). So there could be 4-6 murders by mafia every night?? o.o

Because, I was wondering what you said, that a driver can make a mafia getting killed. That would imply a mafia visiting another mafia, no?