X% Hype!!! [E18 Dev Discussion Thread]

Amethyst

• Replies 685
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Global Mods
7 hours ago, Abyssreaper99 said:

You can only have one mega and legends will only be in rematches (following the league's x-league rules). 

I agree that Hardy will either have mega t-tar or mega Aerodactyl.

I think original league rules had the last 3 leaders allowed a minor legend, but Amaria kinda showed that that probably wasn't happening.

I wanted to know if there will only be Hardy's battle or both Hardy's and Saphira's battle in this episode. Also, how many episodes are left before the end, i don't remember if Ame already told it.

• Developers

There will only be one gym battle this episode, although whether it's Hardy or Sapphira you'll have to wait and see.

There will be 19 episodes total, which means only one more after this next one!

4 minutes ago, Marcello said:

There will only be one gym battle this episode, although whether it's Hardy or Sapphira you'll have to wait and see.

There will be 19 episodes total, which means only one more after this next one!

Hmm... then it seems like E19 will take a while to make then since you have to not just make another gym battle but also do the elite 4 and champ. I'm also curious to see what Hardy has to bring on since we're fighting him so late into the game. I'm ready regardless!

2 hours ago, Epic said:

Hmm... then it seems like E19 will take a while to make then since you have to not just make another gym battle but also do the elite 4 and champ. I'm also curious to see what Hardy has to bring on since we're fighting him so late into the game. I'm ready regardless!

You forgot the postgame. The mapping in E19 will be: Victory Road, the remaining gym, the pokemon league, the inside of the nightclub if not already done, legendary areas, the remainder of the underground city and more.

I think Hardy is gonna be a double battle, pokemon that are confirmed on his team are the following: Gigalith, solrock, lunatone. The latter 2 are confirmed as they were his aces on the online league and gigalith being seen in Ametrine mountain. Rocky field seems to be the general consensus as to the field he's getting.

Guest Relinquished

Tsk... My only gripe, is that i really, really wanted, all non-legend/non-mythic pokemon, to be available in ep18...

5 hours ago, Marcello said:

whether it's Hardy or Sapphira you'll have to wait and see.

It wouldn't surprise me if Sapphira will be the next gymleader. After all, we're going to Calcenon/Labradorra City and not to Agate City. Besides, reading through the field effects, it becomes clear that Hardy could be a lot tougher than Sapphira, since his field is, well, overpowered.

40 minutes ago, Thiazzi said:

It wouldn't surprise me if Sapphira will be the next gymleader. After all, we're going to Calcenon/Labradorra City and not to Agate City. Besides, reading through the field effects, it becomes clear that Hardy could be a lot tougher than Sapphira, since his field is, well, overpowered.

I would be really stoked if Hardy came last but that's probably not going to happen since Saphira's gym is right next to the Victory Road plus, Saphira's field might be more OP than the his field (if it is the rocky field). Hardy really is one of the trainers I'm very excited to battle because being one of the last two gym leaders, it basically means that he has something worth waiting for and that says a lot coming from a Rock type leader. Next thing you know he could be a triple battle, since that was his specialty in the league (but idk because Pokemon Essentials doesn't contain the code needed for triple battles so he would most likely be a double battle).

Original League-wise: Hardy is the last leader > Once champion (in the last season iirc)

Geography-wise: Saphira is the last leader > Her gym lies just outside the Victory Road, as seen here.

Personally, I think Hardy will be the last one and maybe we could battle them at the same time, considering both of them are probably gonna use the Dragon Den field just please, don't toss the MC on a tag battle for a double badge.

Only one gym for E18?

Well that makes sense as this is supposed to be more story oriented.

I'm guessing Saphira's the gym and then solving the Sleeping Curse on Agate will be the bulk of the Episode.

But wow.

E19 has a LOT going for it.

That'll be fun.

In terms of AI, all that's left is the potion algorithms and some other stuff right @Marcello

Wonder what sidequests other than the Sandy one we might get. I'm guessing one of them will give us a department sticker since it would make sense to have Labradorra and Agate both give us a sticker each. Also 80% hype!

This is the first Pokémon game I’ve ever been so excited to play. Everything about this game I love and I can’t wait to learn more about the characters and world. Every time I see a post in this thread and see people speculating, I get more and more pumped for E18. SO EXCITED I THINK I MIGHT EXPLODE.

There's a lot of obtainables to look forward to for E18/19, even though a vast majority of pokemon are available.

22 TMs

~22 Z-crystals (excludes legendaries)

30 Mega stones (excludes legendaries)

14 Pokemon families either unobtainable or from a limited event (again excluding legendaries), 15 if you count Lycanroc-Dusk which I think is going to be included? I know Ash-Greninja isn't because Ash

Last two department stickers

Choice Scarf

Life Orb

Fire and Ground Memories for Silvally

We get some of this from Rock Climb if E17 datamining info is still accurate: Life Orb, 5 pokemon (Axew, Jangmo-O, Larvitar, Dratini, and Deino), and 2 TMs (one on Azurine Island and one on the path up to Pyrous Mountain). Two more TMs are going to be from Hardy/Saphira, one in this episode and the other in 19 (Rock Slide/Dragon Claw are the only Rock/Dragon TMs remaining)

@Paperblade I once dreamt that the alley behind the Ace Club where the Magma Gang once resided became some sort of marketplace that would sell the "top tier" remaining stuff (such as certain Mega Stones, TMs, etc.)

That's not really related to the thread, but I hype'd a lot so I decided to share that with y'all.

@HUEnd that would be a cool concept but don't forget that floor 11 of depo store has the evolution and utility items and the penthouse floor may also have some very rare items and such. I wish it could be a potential renovation project or something.

• Administrators

I don't post very often here but I just wanted to say that it's great how fast the % is moving now.What changed to speed up development?

i was gonna go ahead and answer that here but realistically i could probably just make a whole post about it, so hang tight. 

training those silly pieces of code to battle better is still a big job though. 

hopefully one day we get AI improvements to partners in sections that we're paired up.

partners use the same AI as opponent trainers, so anything done to opponents benefits partners as well

aaaa I just caught up with all of Reborn a few days ago, after starting the game like six months ago.

So judging from some of the lore stuff dropped in the last few episodes, I'm guessing that we're going to end up fighting Real Arceus, Real Giratina, or both by the end of this game. (Which sounds awesome, but I hope we can choose which one, or catch them, because I don't want to beat up myself D:) Still though, I'm looking forward to hearing more about the actual myths of old Reborn! As we get further and further into the game, it's reminding me more and more of DPPt's storyline, which is the exact opposite of a bad thing. Really excited to see what's next!

also let us go to agate pls i need to check up on zero