Rejuvenation | Dev Blog [Status Thread]

Jan

• Replies 773
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

32 minutes ago, Red レッド said:

To be completely honest, I'm pretty good at stress testing games in order to find bugs. However, I don't want to have any part in bug testing because I love this game to much to have the experience muddled by bugs. Anyone else in the same boat?

Yessir. Although even if there were a crap ton of bugs then I'd still play regardless lol.

11 hours ago, ShadeStrider said:

This development period really did go by too fast. 

Please.

Altogether it was months before this could be completed. Dunno when you started playing this game, or anyone else that said it went by fast lol.

Edited by Radon

1 hour ago, Radon said:

Please.

Altogether it was months before this could be completed. Dunno when you started playing this game, or anyone else that said it went by fast lol.

Better months than over a year imo

Haha, I got a new save file for the beta testing, to check from the start in case of any changes. Excited to play, hopefully I won't run in to too much bugs or fatal glitches!

3 hours ago, Radon said:

Please.

I don't know, maybe it's because I was too preoccupied with other stuff during this development period. During Version 8 and 9's development period, I didn't have much to do, so I checked the status thread hoping for an update almost every day.

Or maybe I'm experiencing the "As you grow older, Time goes by faster" effect.

I kinda hope that this version will be done by the time I finish my Grass type Mono run of the game.

Beta tests are interesting, because it takes a very specific kind of mindset to be willing to go through with it.  You have to be able to go "I'm going to have to possibly set aside my personal enjoyment of the game at this time to attempt and break it in as many ways as humanly possible."  This can mean anything from checking a crapton of collission boxes, to even simple things like "do these doors still work the way they should in older areas".  Either way, I threw my hat into the ring on the application, so let's see how things turn out.  Excited for V10!

13 hours ago, ShadeStrider said:

I don't know, maybe it's because I was too preoccupied with other stuff during this development period. During Version 8 and 9's development period, I didn't have much to do, so I checked the status thread hoping for an update almost every day.

Or maybe I'm experiencing the "As you grow older, Time goes by faster" effect.

I kinda hope that this version will be done by the time I finish my Grass type Mono run of the game.

I see.

Just a reminder, but when you're applying, please make sure you include your Discord username AND number, the thing you see here at the bottom left:

RhRi58J.png

So just type it as Alicirno#1520, or username#xxxx. If we don't have both your name and id number, we cannot accept you into testing! If you have already made a mistake like this, feel free to resend your application with updated information.

3 hours ago, Dave9 said:

not sure I follow

I think he means that the applications are a test to see if you are qualified to be a beta tester, therefore if you pass the application you pass and get to be a beta tester as you test the version. So twice the test. I think... 🤔

I may be kind of late with this question. I was wondering if the new level cap system will be an optional feature? I'm just thinking of events like the kecleon maze where I would normally train up some of my pokemon enough levels that way I didn't have to worry about training them the next couple of badges.  

3 hours ago, EternalJinn said:

I may be kind of late with this question. I was wondering if the new level cap system will be an optional feature? I'm just thinking of events like the kecleon maze where I would normally train up some of my pokemon enough levels that way I didn't have to worry about training them the next couple of badges.  

Given I planned the original design, I doubt it, but it definitely is possible to make it toggle, but tedious af to make all those checks.