[IC] TotMV:G^2: Clash of Fate: The Courtyard (Social/Prep Phase)

Chevaleresse

Atton felt rather awkward with his plate of delicious and healthy bacon after watching two people he only vaguely recognizes have a falling out or something...as he was slowly but surely inserting a slice of hot bacon into his mouth, he realized that there was in fact something he can do other than simply eating bacon.

He tapped the man who had given him bacon earlier on the back and said "First things first my name is Richard Atton, and I have an important question for you....do you have any of the following: Explosive devices, durable string, and something that can be used as a trigger mechanism in a pinch, and a sturdy pair of scissors?".

Edmond

The mages didn't seem to use a set method, but tended to prefer more efficient methods; attacking critical support methods with fire-based spells seemed to be the most common option. It was mostly pointless to try and eliminate the crews working on them, after all; they were summoned fodder and easily replaceable. "If you expose yourself to attack, they'll fire back, that's all there is to it. And they've got archers right up against the walls." 

Gozer

"I see. Your 'pretending' was effective regardless." An earth elemental. Likely not a fairy, or any relation to them, or the ones referred to as earth spirits in her world. "Pardon my rudeness, but you are rather different than the earth spirits I am familiar with." Don't think about them. . . 

Edmond

"Thanks." Edmond knelt down a few meters down the wall from the head of the mage group, and perched the barrel of his rifle in a crenel. He sighted down the scope, searching for a mage. He settled on one, standing near a ballista that was being reloaded. He centered the crosshairs on the center of the chestplate. Some might think it odd but. . . it's a testing shot, to see what their armor can take. A quick pull of the trigger, a report, and Edmond watched through the scope, to see how the enemy would take it.

Liliya

"Doesn't sound too bad. We'll just make sure to only do a bit." General mind control was certainly a disturbing idea to Liliya, so if Samantha reached out at that moment, she'd definitely detect the twinge of fear. However, Liliya steeled herself, and said, "Don't worry, I'm fine with this. Who knows how long we're gonna be doing this? You probably need the training. Anyway, so you need me to pick an emotion eh? Hmm, do you think that practicing an emotion would strengthen your ability to make that emotion in the first place, or just your ability to create emotions in general? Because," Liliya explained, thinking back to the mist that had been afflicting Dackly, "Paranoia would definitely be useful, along with things that promote complacence. . . like satisfaction? Is that more of an emotion or a feeling. . . Anyway, things like that would be good. But, uh, let's not do paranoia for now. Maybe start out less risky with something like boredom, or confidence? They seem like the type that wouldn't cause me to go crazy and kill people." She was under the assumption that it would wear off fairly quickly, because otherwise, feeling brave or suicidally overconfident would be very bad. "Take your choice of those tww: boredom, or confidence."

Navin exhales, a slight sigh on his breath. "You are... sure that I do understand what she has gone through? I... have no idea what she has experienced, and I would be surprised if you know what I have gone through. I, well, I am not trying to be hostile here but considering that I seem to have caused the problem and I do not know why, I am not sure that I would be the best choice. Ah... These sorts of things have never been a strength of mine."

Friedhold nodded several times in understanding while Walmond spoke.  He wasn't familiar with the disease in question, but the reasoning seemed sound.  Disease wasn't something they had to deal with much in Rapture, they could even cure...or cause cancer using Adam.

"I've been working for the last year or so mass producing biological weapons for a madman, I was held under threat of an extremely painful death." He paused thinking for a moment.

"You see, Adam is a substance that acts akin to the body's own stem cells, but...more.  I use it to alter the flesh and blood.  Cure disease, create disease," He raised his hand and demonstrated by flicking lighting between his fingers "or create abilities inconceivable by nature.  Should you ever need help with such matters in the future, you have but to ask and I'm sure we can work something out."

His stomach growled and he turned the look at the large group of solders gathered around the BBQ "While I have enjoyed the conversation, I believe I must now leave to find some refreshments."

"It may be due to be being closer to a manifestation of the element, rather than a singular being who happens to be aligned to it."

"I do not know."

"I have also been Resurrected in a body closer to what might be considered a "True Form", according to the necromantic spell that brought me back."

"The necromancer, while quite mad, was capable of performing his arts on odd things like stone and metal."

He says, mechanically gesturing to his body, in all it's fake fuzzy goodness.

Edited by Hal Henderics

Mitsurugi nodded. "It is good to meet another nature spirit, different though we may be. I assume you are one, anyway, and not a spirit of simple rock and dirt, if this a true form of yours." His world must have skilled necromancers, to raise spirits from death. Particularly since he did not seem to be warped by the process - not that Mitsurugi would know. The only kinds of resurrection she knew of were the processes that resulted in things like jiangshi and ghosts.

"I am a goddess of natural disasters. Particularly storms, but I hold dominion over all of them." In the interest of not breaking down into tears in front of a near-stranger, she neglected to speak of her secondary role as a guardian deity. Normally, the shift would be visible on her face, but as it was already being forced into place as hard as she could manage, the only thing that showed was a slight flicker of her eyes downward.

"And I yours, Gozer." She frowned ever so slightly. "I must ask though; what feeling do you refer to? I am told mortals can feel a certain. . . weight, in divine presence, but I do not feel that is what you mean."

"I am not merely aligned with earth, I am fundamentally representative of it.  I am an Aspect of Earth, Ms. Mitsurugi."

"If you hold Authority over Earthquakes, then you hold Authority over one facet of Earth, and what it is capable of."

"I am too spoiled with strange auras and presences to distinguish yours as special."

He comments bluntly.

"My worst experience is having had the displeasure of encountering beings whose natural weight of presence causes harm."

"That is my reason for not assigning proper note to such a sensation. Though I do feel it acutely."

He says, in what is likely as close as him realizing the potential offense in his statement as is possible.

17 hours ago, Powder Miner said:

Navin exhales, a slight sigh on his breath. "You are... sure that I do understand what she has gone through? I... have no idea what she has experienced, and I would be surprised if you know what I have gone through. I, well, I am not trying to be hostile here but considering that I seem to have caused the problem and I do not know why, I am not sure that I would be the best choice. Ah... These sorts of things have never been a strength of mine."

Empi shrugs.

"It's worth a shot. Besides, you really want her to be pissed at you forever? I mean, we're kinda in the middle of a war here."

Walmond himself listened intently at Friedhold's response, raising an eyebrow at the mention of Adam, what it did,  and specifically seeming to use it to create electricity around his fingers... Much like he did with regular magic. Though, his own wasn't capable of curing and creating disease like Adam was capable of, "Fascinating, I'll remember your offer for later" he replied, following Friedhold's gaze to the BBQ, "It was nice to speak with another scientist" he added before turning away from Friedhold, walking off to let the other go and get his refreshments. Lambda lingered for a second, staring at Friedhold before turning herself, floating after Walmond.

So far, everyone he had met was... Interesting. Gozer and Friedhold, so far, were the two he preferred to speak to, mostly due both being more in his element. Dackly, despite not exactly having much real discussion with each other, didn't... Seem that way. Liliya and Samantha seemed in between, more or less. But, there were other things that he could get done in this fort. Perhaps take a look around the history of this place, or perhaps simple magic that they used…

Or, investigate that large shape in the shadows that Walmond happened to notice out of the corner of his eye.

Upon noticing that shape, Walmond paused in his steps, then turned, beginning to walk towards it, curious about what it was. Lambda followed close to his side, the sliding of metal upon metal audible as the sabers in her arms slid out.

"If you're sure..."  Samantha focuses, and an abrupt wave of meh courses through Liliya.  Suddenly, everything seems, well, a little bit silly.  Everyone's taking everything they're doing so seriously, and does it really matter all that much?

"Unless you intend to try and use those blades," A woman's voice called out from the shadowed corner before Walmond could take so much as another step, smooth and even as an summer's breeze, almost melodic in her pitch. The almost pleasant quality of her voice did nothing to veil the warning it carried however "You'd best order your Golem to put them back where they belong and stand down, Human." 

A golden line of thread was the only thing that lit up the dim corner, besides the glowing pair of emerald eyes peering out at him. The only reason she'd not used it and sealed both of duo on the spot was the obvious fact that the man looked nothing at all like the flesh bags manning the fortress, nor smelled like them. Another Outworlder, from her guess...

Instantly, the voice speaking to him from said darkness, along with a gold line and a pair of eyes staring at him, caused Walmond to stop, with Lambda doing so as well not a second afterwards. After hearing the warning, Walmond simply turned his head slightly to his machine, "Lambda" was the only word he had to say, as the latter's blades instantly vanished back into her arms. With that out of the way, he turned back to the two eyes, face as calm as ever,

“While I feel that this is a needless thing to say, I am not here to threaten you, or anything of the sort. In fact, I was simply curious as to what was over here” he stated. Somehow, he got the feeling that he was facing a being that could easily kill him if they felt like it, even with Lambda protecting him.

But, that feeling didn’t override his curiosity.

"Curiosity killed the Weretiger you know... or some such like that," the golden thread reeled itself back into wherever the Spider had drawn it from, vanishing from the world instantly as she released her hold on the Arachania. The eyes kept their focus on Walmond though, and the being by his side... "I don't remember seeing your face among the other fleshbags earlier, and your scent is foreign as well... Who are you, outworlder? Yet another fleshie who got dragged into things without even knowing it?"

Walmond didn't exactly get the term that she had used... But considering she seemed like yet another one of these 'travelers', it would explain the strange term, "You would be correct, I arrived mere minutes before this current group was thrown out of 'the castle'" Walmond replied, "My name is Walmond Reigard, scientist and inventor" he stated.

As he introduced himself, he had a sudden thought pass through his head. Perhaps he should add cross-dimensional traveler to his standard introduction...

Liliya just stood there, eyes flicking about the other groups disinterestedly. "So. . . when are you going to start? It's fine if you need to get ready for it or something, but sitting around just watching a bunch of random people milling around eating barbecue." There was barely a flicker of emotion on her face, then she turned back to Samantha. "You already did it, I guess then. Well, that's good. . . and, I guess this was to be expected, but it really is boring. I don't really see how this is going to be applicable in any battles or anything. I guess we can keep going if you want though." She didn't mention it, but she felt a little annoyed by the lack of anything happening, the interminable waiting for their self-appointed and unproved "leaders" to figure something out that had forced her to become Samantha's testing dummy and--suddenly, the simultaneous apathy and annoyance were gone. And that sudden change in mood brought a confused smile to Liliya's face. "Oh wow! That was really. . . weird. And you can do that for pretty much anyone? Even without the other type of mind control, that seems really powerful."

Edited by Strider

She looked at the fleshbag with a profond air of disinterest, turning her attention to the... thing standing beside. Cold, dead, emotionless. Well... scratch dead. It was a golem afterall; A golem unlike most any she had seen before, with how closely it resembled it's maker's race down to the slightest detail, but a golem nonetheless. The thing had never been biologically alive to begin with. And with the perpetual expression of deadpan on it's face, Aurora doubted it had any soul to speak of, either.

"And what of that construct beside you? Does it have a name? Does it always look so dead inside?"

At the question, Walmond turned his head again to Lambda, "Yes, she does have a name, Lambda. And yes, she does always look like this" he replied with a small frown. He had made it so Lambda COULD make other expressions... But until he actually managed to reach the end of his research, he doubted she would actually get the chance to do so.

Edmond

While he was unable to locate any ballistae being reloaded, by dint of none of them actually being constructed yet (as had been visible on the way in when he would have surely passed one fairly closely, as well as being visible from the walls and from the lack of large, non-magical projectiles flying toward the walls), he did sight a mage somewhat near one of the partially constructed ones. His shot knocked the man over with a telltale magical flash; the wound on the man bled, but not profusely. It seemed that some kind of ward had lessened the impact of the shot. Immediately, a group of twenty or so of the archers started aiming in his direction, some already loosing.

Gozer

"I see. I suppose I can understand that sentiment." She took a deep breath. "I. . . apologize once again for cutting this conversation short, but I must admit that I would like to be alone right now." She had been about to draw a comparison to Gensokyo and the numerous supernatural creatures she had met there. Somewhat less than shockingly, the continued reminders of her homeworld and its fate were not doing good things for her emotional state. 

The goddess began to turn away, walking further toward the armory.

Friedhold started to make his way over to the bus to get some food when he stopped.  He really did want food but he shouldn't, not yet at least.  He still needed to go round up the girl before she decided to terrorize the local guardsmen and get them kicked out.

Plus now that he thought about it while the barracks sounded like a safe enough place who knows what she might find to get into trouble with there.

So off he went, away from the crowd and the smell of freshly cooked meat and toward the barracks.

Magnum leaps out of his lawn chair and spins around in his best karate fighting pose when Atton taps on the back. "Oh! Didn't hear you coming up, usually I can tell by the clang-clang up the ladder." He calms down, sinking back into his seat and considers the requests. "I try not to carry around too many things that go boom inside the van. Hit a speed bump the wrong way and you're looking at another week at the Shop, not to mention the bill." Magnum leans in real close towards Atton, guardedly whispering, "If you ask me, some of these auto repair guys are grubby pocketpinchers, and think they can play you for a clutz just because you didn't go to some car school." Magnum reclines, still visibly perturbed by the idea of dishonest automobile mechanics. And then he jumps up. "Scissors, you need scissors! 61! Hey now hey now hey now." He races down into the belly of his RV and returns to the roof within a minute with a moderately sized brown cardboard box. He opens it, revealing a messy inventory of office supply. "This is where I keep some of the old junk, broken staplers and rusted scissors, that sort of thing. I was going to throw it out yesterday, but I must've forgot. Take whatever you want, you should actually just take the whole darn thing."

Magnum sees Friedhold exiting the courtyard out of the corner of his eye and yells after him, "Are you sure? You don't want to miss out on these dogs! The way they're going, there won't be any by the time you get back!"