[IC] TotMV:G^2: Clash of Fate: The Courtyard (Social/Prep Phase)

Chevaleresse

Soryn Éclaire

Soryn arrived in the courtyard, with several people already gathered. It would look like it would be a little while longer before the meeting commences. He turned to Sachi, glad to see that the child hadn't ran off, being the timid girl she appeared to be.

"Yes, I suppose that is a logical course of action," Soryn sighed. It looks like they were all in the dark. "I apologize for my brashness earlier. I suppose I was getting a little too anxious regarding the recent events. My name is Soryn Éclaire. I hope you were not offended when I referred to you as 'small one'".

He was aware that some people were more self-conscientious than others, with himself being no exception. His manners, or lack thereof, was one thing he had to remember. 

Edited by Stalkerkain

"My skills are exponentially more powerful against enemies whose abilities I am aware of. I would be at far more risk against some unknown foe, and infinitely less effective.  Your argument seems to be based on underestimating my abilities."

"My methods may be bizarre, but my results are conclusive, my Petrification was able to slow it's advance greatly, it's approach was slowed by several seconds by a single petrification, from what I saw.  And considering I have to look at something to petrify it, I believe my sight of the matter is not in question here.  My immunization was overlooked by Gozer here, and I avoided any real repercussions, even when everyone looked at me funny just for trying to better myself."

"If I had a method of storing light or images, I could certainly do without, considering my abilities rely on a combination of doped light and memetic images of my face, but without those methods at my disposal, I am forced to be there personally to preserve the vast power that dragon could offer our efforts, and to take my sweet, sweet, revenge."

"As you might know just from the ideas my skillset offers, I would be far more useful making a single blow against key targets than attempting combat against an unknown."

Dackly says, her arms still firmly crossed.

"Well--" LOTUS was suddenly interrupted by shushing and a hand over his speaker from Isobel. "...uh, sorry, LOTUS, but at this rate you two are gonna go on forever. Dackly, you said that Gozer oversaw your immunization, right? Gozer, can you tell us how that went? See, I wasn't unaffected by that mist like LOTUS, though it didn't really get me like some people, and it makes you paranoid -- it wants you to hurt people. What if you or Gozer end up hurting someone?"

"Well, I feel that is a leading que-"

Gozer interrupts.

"She exclaimed angrily that everyone around her was plotting to kill her simply because she was smoking, made various rude remarks, and did so with a great deal of passive aggression. She then threw a tantrum for a few hours until it lost it's effects."

"I had to personally manipulate the smoke from it, and pump it out the castle walls, due to Navin believing it to be a biohazard."

"Dackly, It would be best to find another way.  Isobel is correct in that pursuing our mark risks the lives of others."

"Oh Nyx Damn it, I really wanted that statue.  It was too smug for anything other than the most painful possible retribution, I already had a name too, "Thief in abject fear, in D-Minor"..."

"I can't allow any people to be killed if I can help it.  I guess I have no choice, with those stakes."

"I wonder if anyone has a camera."

Dackly seems to have conceded the point.

Edited by Hal Henderics

Leon Vermillion

"Wyvis huh? nice name, you got there." Leon complimented before noticing Wyvis flinched a little bit. Remembering bad memory perhaps? Maybe... but from the looks of it, it's quite personal... it'll be best for him to not ask about it, as he, himself dislike if people ask him something personal.

As he was still deep in thought, Wyvis asked him a question in which he replied, "Stravaga? hmmmm no, never heard that place before but your accomplices? Perhaps, mind telling me, who are they?"

Edmond:

Edmond patiently waited throughout the entirety of the brief exchange between these newly introduced persons. He was suitably impressed by the AI. It seemed rational enough for a tactical system. However, Edmond did notice that LOTUS seemed to show some signs he had noticed in other highly rational beings before, namely the inability to recognize that others would be irrational, and would continue to be so even after their irrationality had been pointed out. Edmond raised his hand when the snake woman, Dackly, mentioned a camera.

"My suit can take videos and photos, if that will do." He supposed that LOTUS might have a camera built in, so there was that option too, if his wouldn't work. Turning to the woman and the tablet, Edmond held out his hand to the woman to shake. "Edmond Cooper, engineer, LibraCorps Special Operations. It's nice to meet you both, LOTUS, Isobel. Oh, I would shake your hand, if you had one." He addressed LOTUS.

"I know LOTUS is a tactician, but what's your occupation, Isobel?

Isobel shook Edmond's hand a little sheepishly, since the answer to that question wasn't exactly very glamorous or combat-ready.

"Ahaha, well, I'm almost ashamed to admit it, but I'm just a botanist working for the research company Nanotrasen aboard the NSS Exodus. I mean, I'm good enough at my job that a couple of the xenobotanical experts have brought me in to help sometimes, but really my job description is just to help kind of improve employee quality of life. I think I just got brought out of my dimension with him because I happened to be holding LOTUS at the time, and he can't do much without moving."

"Some jackass in security decided it would be a fun time to start uploading all kinds of humiliating rules onto the pAI chassis, that I had to follow, and after I complained enough Isobel basically stepped in and grabbed it since he wasn't bright enough to actually bond me to his DNA. Isobel, by the way, I see people coming into the courtyard, can you rotate a bit to the right."

Isobel did so, and LOTUS used that to start repeating his briefing for the people just then coming in, if a bit abridged. Isobel kept her head turned to talk with Edmond though. 

"Um, yeah. And then after a few hours we ended up in that castle. Uh... I'm not a fighter, really, and I guess that... is what it is, but at least I can help out in some ways. Hehe, the NSS Exodus isn't a very safe place, and I've had to avoid a little bit of gunfire every now and then. Plus I happened to have a crop of my special healing poppies in my pouch when I got brought over."

Edited by Powder Miner

"A Camera? Perfect! My powers proliferate through images of myself, so you should be able to capture some of my hatred with a video recording or picture, just don't look directly at it!~"

She says, removing her mask and smashing it.

"I'm pretty well under control now, can you print pictures off there, or what?  Otherwise, You would have to actually show someone the image to infect them with my petrification."

Dackly says to Edmond, before turning to Isobel.

"You know, Me and Gozer have been to a ton of different worlds, if you really want some tricks to help out, Both of us would be happy to find a font of power you could unlock from within, and all that jazz."  Dackly says, making Jazz hands.  Gozer just nods.

Edmond:

"Oh, huh. A botanist? That's rather interesting. So do you do genetic modifications to organisms, investigate foreign plants, or something else? I'm not terribly caught up on this sort of thing myself, but I'm curious whether you do similar stuff to what most of our ship and exoplanet botanists do."

In response to Dackly's statement, Edmond frowned. "I don't think it's going to work then. The camera and screen are part of the suit, and don't have a way to print. I lent a PDA to someone else. . . If I had that, it might work, but I don't. I suppose if we stuck the helmet on someone else's head? No. . ." He shook his head. "Maybe the castle has some chemicals, and we could do some primitive photography? Silver Nitrate maybe? Perhaps LOTUS has some historical knowledge on that or something? Sorry, though, I don't think the suit will work."

"I understand the feeling of not really having powers, as it were. I've been in combat, certainly a great deal, but I had nothing when I arrived, except a welder. This suit came from the mission I was on before this one. It was. . . a long story. In any case, don't worry too much about not having powers or an armament. Dackly and Gozer are obviously willing to help out, and I would offer you something too, if we were back at the other castle." Edmond shrugged. "Maybe when we get back."

"Don't worry, I understood what was necessary. In essence, you create the space, but the space is not bound to you. If it was, I would have snapped closer to where you went. Unfortunately that means my idea wouldn't work, but I'm sure we can manage without," Ritsu replies, understanding the general theme of this space. It seems that Ghost simply activates and deactivates these temporary fields while those inside of it control where they go.

"So then, is there anything else you would like for me to test out?"

Isobel kind of nervously giggled to herself and adjusted her bandanna a little. "Well, heh, that would really be something, wouldn't it? Well, I guess I could see about that after this all with the Servants blows over, huh? It's not necessarily that I'm worried about not having powers per se, but it's more, like... well, I'm not a soldier or anything, I can't help feeling just a little out of place, I guess. I mean, uh, it's not a super big deal or anything, but do you get what I'm saying?"

She noticeably brightens up when she gets the chance to talk about what she does.

"Anyway, uh, I'm not, like science staff or anything, but mostly I grow food, wood, grass, that sort of thing, kind of quality of life. But in the 26th century we've got nearly instant plants, and I've developed kind of a knowledge of how to mess with plant lifespan or potency, etc, through very careful breeding. I can also do a lot to keep a plant healthy, but that's a fairly basic botanist responsibility. Unfortunately, where I come from, half of the botanists just take the job to get at the ambrosia vulgaris, it's frustrating. Hmm, actually, keeping plants healthy..." Isobel is suddenly staring at Dackly all pensively.

The silence is interrupted by LOTUS' angry, electronic sigh. "You're out of luck in terms of photography knowledge. It'd be a different scenario if my Tactical Uplink was working, but it isn't so I don't have access to the Tactical Uplink network and communications with my fellows who might in fact know, but right now I don't have access to a *lot* of the information I normally do. I'm just stuck with my own personal data stores here, and it's a lot more targeted than I would like it to be. It's uniquely terrible, really."

"Ugh, I imagine it is a lot more fun working with plants than it is being one.  Dehydration is a lot worse than it used to be, and paying the water bill is a real pain. Heat intolerance, It just never stops.  Hell, I'm pretty sure this place is temperate and I could do with it being cooler."

She whines, the tip of her tail flicking.

"Previously, Dackly was not made of plant matter, a series of magical mishaps with Ice Fire and Alchemically reduced plant matter resulted in the form she now possesses."

"Try to... move around, go somewhere..." Ghost still rubbed her temples, but at least the maid seemed to understand her admittedly cryptic explanations. Better than she herself did at least. She pointed out towards a spot up on the wall- the exact same one she had used to get a vantage of the field, in fact. "Like up there. Just... focus on a place or general direction you want to go, and you should start moving towards it on your own. The...harder you concentrate, the faster it'll be. And don't worry about any obstacles in the way; Like I said, nothing can touch you in there. And another thing, if you focus on a wall, barrier, really anything that happens to block your view of what's on the other side, it should start to fade a little, go... translucent I guess. let you glimpse what's beyond it."

Edmond:

"Ambrosia Vulgaris? Is that some type of narcotic?"Edmond supposed it made sense, though he'd never heard of that type of problem in his world. Might be due to my general lack of knowledge about the subject though. . .

"And, LOTUS, I'm sorry to here about your troubles, though, you might be more lucky than most in having that option in the first place. The problem is due to being in an entirely different universe, right? I suppose the only option might be to simply upload as much information as possible when we visit technologically endowed worlds. If you have data on your own workings, we could probably expand your memory stores too. . ."

Edmond contemplated this for a moment, but there didn't seem to be any real solution at the present. So he turned back to Isobel, to continue talking on the subject which she had so much enthusiasm for.

"Do you need machinery in order to perform your manipulation? What I'm asking, is whether you can perform any of what you mentioned here without massive time investment. It might be incredibly useful." Edmond nodded when Isobel mentioned her origin time. 26th century made sense, either a little advanced of his own universe's tech, or quite similar. It could even be the same, though that seemed incredibly unlikely. "And, uh, do you mind if I ask you a few other questions about your world? I take an interest in these sorts of things." Normally this would be a rhetorical question, merely a courtesy, but in light of recent events, Edmond paused to let the woman answer.

Edited by Strider

"It makes it rather empty when the Uplink is gone. That said, if I can figure a way out to get transmissions out between universes, or make the quantum communication tech work out between universes, I'm golden."

"Uh, yeah, I believe it's related distantly to an older drug, marijuana, but some people bred it carefully with other plants and within its own cultivar until it basically became super-cannabis. Lots of druggie botanists. Infuriating, really. As to doing my plant alterations without the particular hydroponics gear... yeah, I can manage. It's obviously harder without the various readouts I would get, but (and sorry for bragging here) I'm good enough that I don't need that crutch. That said, while I have some of my poppy seeds with me and a couple of miscellaneous fruits, with plants that grow at the rates before the agricultural-genetic tech jump in the 2400s, plying my trade is going to take a very long time. And, hehe, go ahead, I don't mind!"

She turned to Dackly and spoke for a moment.

"Well, I'm not sure exactly what I could do about it, but I could see if I could help you out a little sometime when we've got the chance."[/color

Edited by Powder Miner

"I'd take a damn cactus spliced into me if it made it so I didn't need Air-conditioner life support during the hot months."

Dackly jokes, comically fanning her face.

"I'm curious too, any world with super-weed is naturally in my preview of interest."

"I'm kidding, but go on, doc."

Walmond, for the last few minutes, had stood nearly stock still, almost as still that Lambda normally was, deep in thought. Specifically, he was debating to himself the direction he should go after dealing with the troubles that he was apparently supposed to fix in this world. On one hand he had someone willing to assist him finish his production of a cure for Marasmus Laryngea. He did have the notes he had already taken on his previous task, so while it would be likely a bit time consuming, it shouldn't be too difficult. But, on the other, this was the perfect opportunity to finish his other life's work by completing the production of Lambda. He did know of a certain individual who was the product of exactly what he is trying to replicate, and with her help his work could be completed.

Both were different path, and both were paths he could accomplish, perhaps before he returned to his own world. The only question was... Which would he start with?

And just like that, his train of thought is interrupted when a snake-woman suddenly speaks up, causing him to blink and then turn to her, noting both the names Gozer and Dackly in her introduction, "Ah, yes, Gozer has actually told me about you already. Walmond Reigard, scientist and inventor, a pleasure to actually speak to you" he said after his initial surprise of being interrupted.

Lambda herself had more or less carefully eyed Dackly as the later approached, though when it was clear that she was more or less friendly towards Walmond, she relaxed ever slightly. From an outsider's view, she would've appeared completely the same as she normally was.

"Ahh, I can see from your Golem Friend, that you are rather skilled in your art.  I'm very interested in seeing how our talents mesh. I have no particular specialty, but I have been many places, and learned many little tricks and tidbits."

She says with a bow.

Walmond glances at Lambda, then back at Dackly, shrugging, "Not necessarily a golem, but likely as close as she can be. But yes, I've been working for many years on her and others of her kind" he replied, now fully turned to Dackly, "Considering Gozer had informed me about the fact that you've already visited other worlds before, I'm not surprised that you've learned your own tricks during your travels. I simply focused my learning."

"My word! It sounds like I stand before a master, she sure is quiet, a personality trait, I assume?  My own exploits in golemancy have resulted in annoyingly independent and lively creations, So I am impressed with her demeanor."

She comments, looking up and down Lambda's Form.

"Let's do a joint project, It will be quick."

Dackly says, Whipping out her giant club.

"This club has been an absolute eyesore to my aesthetic, and honestly, I don't believe it is that useful. So, I believe it is better off as parts.  Disassemble it for me, and then power this crackpot with whatever you choose. We can discuss the details as we work, Doctor."

"Pawn it? Why would I need their local currencies? Medieval sticks and bones don't cut it for me, ya know?" Halley answered Solomon, "I'll keep it around, I guess. Thanks anyway."

She rolled her eyes a bit, before asking a question. "You're a librarian, right? You must have read a lot of books. Do those descriptions of the servants ring any bell?"

At Dackly's comment, Walmond couldn't help but frown, "... Far from it, I'm afraid. Due to the technological difference between worlds, and knowledge of magic, from what it looks like, I have not yet acquired the means to allow Lambda to speak. If anything, I would prefer her to be more lively than she is now" he stated, shaking his head slightly. However, it would seem that line of thought would be quickly pushed aside when Dackly suddenly pulls out a club, showing it to Walmond. The scientist, in response, looks a bit surprised at the sudden weapon, then with a glint of curiosity in his eyes, takes the club from her hands, inspecting it for himself.

It was heavy, for sure, though granted, it was a large club made out of metal, with strange spikes jutting out of it. To him, crude was the best he could say about it. But, as he looked at it, he nodded to himself, "Hm... I could do this... Though it would take a bit of time to separate all of the components from this" he said, looking back at Dackly.

Dackly nods, giving him her permission.

"If it would help, I can soften substances with some Tender love and care."

"As for a livelier servant, I've found that the simplest method is to not be very good at it, or give it a soul.  Those things are so damn lively, great source of infinite power, Terrible source of obedience and predictability."