[IC] TotMV:G^2: Clash of Fate: The Courtyard (Social/Prep Phase)

Chevaleresse

On 5/9/2018 at 7:06 AM, Powder Miner said:

"Do you think that they're somewhere else right now? Or if they got left behind in Roswell and are still doing their thing, just... without us? ...not trying to brag, but I'm worried about how they'd do without me. I guess Malachi would have to do all the healing." Perlita fell silent again and lapsed into thought. "Yeah... I hope they're okay. I mean... I bet other people will get involved, right? And Malachi could handle a bunch of those things on his own." She sighed. "I really do tend to worry about a lot of things these days, you know... everyone back home, the worlds here, and about myself I guess. You know...?" Perlita shrugged, once again rendered wordless by her own bitter feelings.

Eventually, she sighed, looked up at Gabriel, and smiled a little sadly. "But... yeah. It is a good thing you're here. Honestly, I don't know what I'd do if I were alone at this point... maybe go and just... just scream somewhere or something. I don't know, it'd be embarrassing and a big deal and... yeah. I dunno. But I don't have to, so thank you."

Gabriel shrugs, sighing and looking down, after giving Perlita a nice pat on the shoulder. He rubs the back of his head awkwardly again, his easy gait a little less so.

"Honestly? I kinda know how that feels. I mean, Malachi was.....pretty much the leader of our own little group. Y'know, he kinda had that way of just.....kinda being that reassuring leader guy? Kinda crazy, but you know he knows what he's doing? I'd usually just follow the flow. But here? It's kinda crazy, I don't even know who the guy in charge is around here, if it's that cute girl with the talking vPad or that Japanese lady with the sword or that sorta short soldier guy. I feel like I need to do something, but at the same time, I'm not sure who I'd need to follow to get it done."

He tries to muster another easy smile, for Perlita's sake. It blossoms into a genuine one.

"But as long as I got you here, I got something to keep me grounded, keep me focused. I really should be thanking you."

Isobel Low and LOTUS

LOTUS shifted the eye-dots on his screen Magna's way, and spoke with a tone of voice that turned a bit dark at the end. "I'm told she's surprisingly cooperative, and if that doesn't hold true then I'm sure we can figure out something." That line drew a reaction from Isobel, who turned her head downwards to look at LOTUS with some amount of worry on her face. "Um... I'm not sure I like your tone there. Awful ominous..." This in turn received some repartee from the small AI. "Ominous or no, it's a bridge we may have to come to... and unless you come up with a better plan for how to cross it yourself, what I come up with may be the best way to proceed."

As Isobel gave the tactical device another unsure look, he turned his focus back to Ritsu and Edmond then. "A preliminary check? I see. I can't say for sure if it was necessary, but I understand the impetus behind it. However, now that it is complete it behooves us to proceed upon an informative path of interrogation. As we have Archer and Saber here to call upon for easier and likely more thorough sources of information regarding the issue of Servants, we should probably avoid asking Lancer questions we don't expect can't be answered by them, or at least not without asking them also. Thusly, I recommend two courses of action. First of all, ask Lancer here about the active ongoing effects of this corruption, as she is the one currently ongoing the process. Secondly, ask all three servants about the identity of the final remaining servant. Isobel, please bring me back towards Lancer."

"Well, alright..." Seeing as Saber didn't presently seem likely to snatch Lancer from her hand, Isobel brought the plushie back towards the tablet. "The questions I shall begin with are these: Lancer, would you currently consider yourself in full control of your actions? If not, can you identify what is? This next one is for all three servants: What is the identity of Caster? Do you know?"

Perlita Martinez Diaz

Perlita was rather taken aback by Gabriel's behavior and admission, if the raise of her eyebrows was any indication. It wasn't the first time she'd seen Gabriel drop the constant confidence and be sincere about his feelings, but it was usually pretty rare that it happened this much. Somewhat awkwardly, Perlita extended a hand and patted Gabriel on the shoulder. "Yeah, it really is all wild here... but, um, since we do have each other and all I'm sure we'll make it through. We'll just do what we have to do when we have to, you know? It may be confusing, but it does look to me like there's a lot in these worlds for us to do to make things better. We just gotta... I guess see when the opportunity to good presents itself to us, and then do it. If we stick to that together I'm sure we'll do well in the end."

The plush doesn't bother typing out a response to the first question, simply shaking its head. A pause, and then hesitant typing, deleting, typing again, with seemingly more difficulty than one would expect. God.

More typing, more easily this time; an answer to the third question. The King of Heroes.

"A rather disagreeable man, even by my standards," Jeanne added onto Lancer's brief explanation. "It may be both fortunate and unfortunate that he was summoned into the Caster class. Fortunate that he wasn't put into the Archer class, but that is not to say that he lacks in ability as a Caster."

"It's simply one Servant, not like we haven't defeated others before," Magna said carelessly.

"Foolish Master, does one blindly wander into the den of a beast? Unlike the others, Caster will have undoubtedly set up his own territory, where he will await us on his playing field. One would best make preparations before moving out against him," Jeanne scolded. She then turned to address the group. "There are mages of this world, are there not? If you truly wish to take down the King of Heroes, I would suggest you consult their knowledge in learning the geography of Caster's location."

Gabriel thinks for a moment, then he grins, wrapping his arm around Perlita all casually.

"After this, when it's over, maybe we can hang out somewhere nice. Like that small cafe in town. N-not like a date, or anything, but you know, just to reminisce and chill a little, maybe enjoy a coffee, right?"

Isobel Low and LOTUS

For now, LOTUS just spoke a bunch while Isobel stood there. ”Saber, you seem to know something about this King of Heroes, judging by your knowledge about his class... can you actually tell us who he is? I don’t know that “King of Heroes” is going to do us a whole lot of good in identifying Caster for Silef’s mages to track. Lancer, a question about Caster: what is his strongest ability, if you know? I imagine Saber or Archer might have to break down what it actually means, but it’s good to get as much information as we can. Edmond, the moment that we get a bit more of a solid identity on Caster, I want you to head on over towards Silef and her mages and get as much information from their scrying as you can, if you can.

It’s also worth noting that that blasted skeleton dragon is almost certainly still out there, and we’re almost certainly going to have to deal with it.”

Perlita Martinez Diaz

Perlita gave Gabriel a little bit of a sidelong look as he wrapped his arm around her. And asked her on the weirdest awkward halfway-to-a-date thing she could imagine, oh God. ”Uh— Gabriel— it’s, uh... isn’t it a bit early to be planning that sort of thing, right? We, uh, we don’t know how long we’re gonna be doing this and I don’t think we’re going back to Roswell any time soon, you know...?”

"You say "the King of Heroes" like that should make it obvious who it is. The title could probably be applied to a number of myths--" Edmond shut up when LOTUS said his piece, then nodded in response to the request. While it seemed likely that he might have heard of this person, seeing as he was familiar with some of the myths of the other servants, Edmond was not terribly caught up on Earth legends.

"Just to clarify, does this King of Heroes, Caster, have any influence on your behavior that you know of?" Edmond asked the plush. It seemed to him that referring to being controlled by God could refer to a great many things. Divine inspiration was a possible meaning, especially when dealing with King Arthur and Jeanne, but it was best to be certain that the plush was not referring to something else she considered to be a god.

"Hmph, if you aren't aware of legends of different worlds, then so be it. It will make little difference of how you will gauge his power, relative to the mythos of your world. Regardless of what I think of him, I won't divulge any information of a person such as he. For even a person that is disagreeable, wicked, and notable as he, should deserve their share of respect,"  Jeanne said in contemplation. "Lancer and Archer are welcome to inform you of what they will, but you will hear nothing from me. All I will tell you is that with as much spiritual power as he, your mages will undoubtedly know where to look."

"As your 'Master', you know that I could have forced the information out of you, don't you?" Magna stated as a fact.

"The fact that you haven't done so already is enough to let me know that you won't," Jeanne retorted.

"Haha, it's like you know me already. After all, where's the fun in spoilers?"

Isobel Low and LOTUS

LOTUS affected an electronic sighing sound. "Doesn't tell me a thing. Oh well. We know he creates artifacts, may potentially have some of these to sample looted from their mercenaries if you ask Silef, has an association with the phrase "King of Heroes" and with the phrase "Gate of Babylon", and has an intense magical power according to Saber, so we'll have to hope that that's enough for the scryers to work off of unless Archer is feeling particularly helpful. Edmond, you should probably head off and see if you can at least get anything from the scryers for now. If we get a confirmation of Caster's identity directly, I'll just have Isobel walk on over and chip in."

"Gate of Babylon?" Ritsu muttered, wondering if her realm had any particular people associated with that term.  King of Heroes also didn't ping anything she thought was important, only mentions of heroes who slayed some sort of demon lord or some other such details. Upon failing to find any matches that would aid the situation, she shakes her head before looking at Nobunaga, hoping to get some information from them.

"Nobunaga was it? I take it you're familiar with this 'Gate of Babylon' in some way? If so, what could you tell us about it," she asks, hoping to get some idea on what Caster's strongest ability is like.

"Got it." Edmond headed off at a quick stride, making his way into the castle. If Nobunaga has anything quick to say, he'll try to catch it, but otherwise he heads into the castle.

Edmond goes to the War Room.

Nobunaga looked as if she'd actually been holding her breath, with a forceful exhalation coming in response to the question. "Ah, finally, I thought you were never going to ask! Well, you may be from different worlds, and therefore might not know - or have - the one known as the King of Heroes, but otherwise I would be shocked if you hadn't heard of the original hero. The oldest written work known to man, the Epic of Gilgamesh. Gilgamesh, among numerous other things of varying moral status, supposedly owned every treasure known to man. So of course, the Servant Gilgamesh does too - in tacky gold versions, of course. The progenitors of every single Noble Phantasm made by the hands of men; that is the Gate of Babylon. Though this time he's a Caster, so he seems to prefer all sorts of magical nonsense. I've been wanting to test my Sanzen Sekai against it for ages! Just wait for all the arguments about that one, it'll be great."

"Gilgamesh then, is the identity of that caster," Ritsu mutters to herself, making a note about this information, along with that of the nature of Gate of Babylon. "This Gate of Babylon sounds like it could be somewhat of an issue, though you mentioned that it is the progenitor of Noble Phantasms made by man. Am I to assume that creations from other beings would not be present? And could this potentially grant us some advantage perchance?" Ritsu asks. If creations from entities outside of man were not present as one of his treasures, it could be possible to use something to catch him by surprise.

Isobel watched as Edmond left... just as Archer went and explained pretty much everything about caster. "Um... LOTUS, I'm thinking you should probably radio Edmond with all the new stuff." The tablet was quick to reply. "Yes, yes, of course, that did occur to me too. Now..." LOTUS activated his inbuilt radio and sent a message to the comm piece that Edmond should still be wearing. <"We received a large wealth of information immediately after you left. This "King of Heroes" is named Gilgamesh, and his Gate of Babylon ability is to own gold versions of "every treasure known to man", albeit as he is a Caster, which I'm gathering is not his only form to be summoned in, and thusly he is going to be preferring magical artifacts. Also, see if you can't get Silef to join us in these next battles, seeing that this is the final stretch, we have Caster and the dragon to deal with, and things had been rough for some in this previous round of fighting."