[IC] TotMV:G^2: Clash of Fate: The Courtyard (Social/Prep Phase)

Chevaleresse

"I see..." that said, it seemed the plant-snake-thing was returning from whatever madness it had committed up on the wall. Ghost wanted to inquire a bit further as to the supposed 'madness, death, or various fates worse than death, but she bookmarked the idea for now "hang on for a moment."

"How about you?" she called to dackly "what can you do, besides taunting our enemy from over the wall?"

"I am a Reaver, a blood mage, if you would." Wyvis explained. "I will be able to support a battle group through healing and empowering attacks with blood magic, provided that I have enough blood on field to manipulate."

It was rather strange to describe himself as a Reaver directly. In Stravaga, Reavers were feared, hunted and killed. If anyone self-identified as a Reaver, it was either they ran out of drinks and had a death-wish, or was fake.

"Outside of the battle, I am able to -"

Wyvis' mind span several cycles trying to find the least conspicuous skill as possible. His memory was getting overcrowded again.

"-administer traditional medicine and other few bits and pieces here and there." Wyvis smiled. "How about you? You seem to come from another realm entirely particular from mine."

"Jundian goblins are inherently delicious to dragons," Lexiel says, "So much so that dragons feel compelled to consume them.  And yes, I am Strike Captain Lexiel.  I will be leading the sortie to defend our castle.  I would appreciate a brief run-down of what each of you who will be fighting alongside me bring to the table, so we can better plan our defense."

Edmond:

"I suppose my world would be considered more advanced, technologically, than yours. Magic is nonexistant, at least what I would consider magic. I was an engineer on a small elite squad, so my skills include repairing, analyzing, and altering some mechanical apparatuses--though a lot of the tech that I've seen is markedly different from what I'm used to--, I'm a decent marksman, and I've got this suit, which has some technical capacities of its own. Got it in the last mission through some very strange circumstances."

Liliya:

"Uh, alright. I'm Liliya Ivanenko. I've got a knife, and while that might seem a bit small, it's been enchanted, and I've got experience with it. More importantly though, I can, sort of, see the future? Just a few seconds, and really only based on what's around me (no telling the future a hundred miles away), but that can be useful." She shrugged. No need to overstate of understate her talents.

"I'm fairly certain between me and Gozer here, I can do just about whatever you need."

"Gozer, my voice hurts, can you give her the list?"  She says to Ghost, rubbing her throat.

"Dackly's power stems from her emotional state, and the type of light which is reflected from her face.  She is also very skilled in manipulating both the emotions she feels, and the expressions she makes along with them.  Hatred allows her Gaze Power to turn a target to stone, The only extant things we know of that can resist petrification, or even experience less than it's full effect, are targets who are already made of stone, targets wearing mirrored armor, and targets who possess True Heroic Resolve, and are unable to be affected by fear and hatred."

"Note however, that beings that are simply incapable of feeling fear normally are not immune, and indeed, are more vulnerable due to being unable to properly resist Dackly injecting fear and hate into them.  Imanimate substances and objects are also not immune to this power, and it can be used on anything Dackly can perceive visually, including Illusions, Magic, and Energy  If she can see it, and it is not immune to her power in some way, it can absolutely be turned into stone."

"Objects which have been turned into stone also bear the essence of what they once were.  A petrified flame could be a powerful reagent for fire magic, or used to create some sort of flaming powder, for example."

"Using the power of Love, Dackly can apply a Gaze effect possessing all the same qualities as before, only in this case, she is able to Soften a substance, both physically and by other definitions of the word.  This effect is much more powerful on targets who are full of fear and hate, and when used on an ally who has already been blasted by petrify, it can grant them an additional resistance to harm, through their softer and more pliable form This skill can also cure the effects of Petrification, Paralysis, and similar effects, with no harm to the target done  Supposedly, it is also a fairly relaxing experience."

"Dackly and myself are also Priests of Nyx, the Primordial Embodiment and Goddess of the Night.  Using her blessings and Dackly's own Gaze powers, the ones associated with her feelings of Honor and Glory, she can summon a Spear made out of Divine Shade, this Spear is able to purify anything it strikes, and foes who have been struck by it are purified of corruption when their strength has left them completely.  It also blinds targets as well, and functions as a spear.  Targets which are completely corrupted by an outside force, and consumed by it are not purified by this, as it would kill them, obviously. Instead, it extracts the remaining pure essence from the evil mass, protecting it, and through Nyx's power, nurturing and restoring it until we can either return it to life, or imbue it into some physical form  She can also petrify these, obviously."

"Dackly can also extract and absorb into herself Knowledge and Wisdom from targets she has seeded hatred in, and this intellectual boost can be quite pronounced if she manages to imbue them with enough Hate."

"In our travels, Dackly has also learned a method by which to parry attacks from a wise and optimistic knight of the sun. Given our extensive travels, Dackly is confident that if she knows what the attack is, and who it's target is, she can parry it absolutely."

"Lastly, some minor details include the fact that Dackly's Hair is made of Snakes, which are venomous, she is made of plant matter due to a magical mishap, and her single large eye gives her a certain advantage using weapons which require no depth perception.  If you can enhance her perception and mental capacity, all of her Gaze based powers are enhanced alongside it as well, for obvious reasons relating to her relying on sight and mental capacity for emotion."

He pauses, at which point Dackly speaks up.

"Absolutely completely true! I really am the greatest, after all."

"Ok, my voice is feeling better.  I'll explain what my Best Friend Ever here is good for."

"Let's see, Oh! He knows how to make Invisible Psychic Bombs, we picked up that skill from a Demon I had to beat up, he was very rude and creepy."

"He can turn my Statues into Emeralds, which make him stronger, but you can also use the emeralds to make ANYTHING better, anything at all! You can also use them as a power source, I'm pretty sure, and they are considered a form of Soul Trap, for the most part."

"He can Charge into people, what with how big he is, this guy is a pretty big fan of Wrestling, after all. If someone is charging something up, you can sic him on them to put a quick stop to that!"

"We also learned a technique from another demon guy, but this one was cool, basically, Gozer here can give people a defencive boost using his cool technique, and can do it for like, three or four people at the same time, even!"

"He also learned from studying some robot guts how to unlock his hidden potential and all that, if we get in REAL trouble, he can do that and make it so he moves a LOT faster, and all of his tricks are also a lot stronger for it, since he doesn't need to let them cool down as much."

"He's also got a compartment here."

She taps a spot on his side, where it opens up to reveal strange devices.

"If you attach these little things to anything that isn't struggling too hard, it pops open a balloon, and using special dimensional tech, warps them to our castle, the big one on the tank treads.  It can even do this across dimensions, so don't hesitate to ask him to airlift something out if you don't want it here."

"Uhh, let me think for a second.  He's made out of rock, so it isn't like poison or anything is going to hurt him too bad, and those emeralds can be used to reincarnate enemies as well, so if you can get me people to petrify, we might be able to coerce them, ya-know?"

"I can't really think of anything else.  Any other questions?  Oh, I have an indestructible rapier, and Since I've been to so many dimensions, I made a scrapbook about it.  If you want, I can probably identify any-damn guy in the whole wide multiverse by now, just so long as he's right there in front of me."

"That's why me and Gozer work really well against enemies we know, cause our powers have so many little caveats and all that.  My petrify just smacks the heck out of those skeleton armies, by the way, they don't have much resistance to fear OR hate."

Edited by Hal Henderics

It seemed as though most of the team being brought together to defend the “Castle” was more or less all being brought together, and the leader, a strike captain named Lexiel, was asking for a brief run down of their capabilities that they could use for combat. Once Liliya finished with hers, Walmond stepped forward, hand vanishing underneath his cloak,

“I am Walmond Reigard. I am able to use magic, which specifically comes out as either electricity, or, if the situation calls for it, a way for me to heal multiple people at once. Lambda-” he explained, bringing out a hand to gesture to her, “-You’ll find her better suited to keeping most of our enemies occupied rather than attacking key enemies. That is what she is designed to do.”

"Uh huh.... I see then,  I'll just note you two as... jacks of all trades. Yes, that should do..." she sighed at the end of the lengthy, leeeeengthy explanation. She hadn't needed to know every last little thing they could do, just what their biggest strengths were and how they could contribute to the coming fight, but... whatever. It was both simpler and probably more accurate to list the two as jacks anyway, given the somewhat ridiculous expanse of their apparent skills.

She turned back to morgan afterwards, looking at the mage expectantly "Now, about what you mentioned for your skills apparently causing 'madness, death, and fates beyond death'..."

Isobel Low and LOTUS

LOTUS was silent for a moment, while Isobel started looking around for people, starting with Friedhold and Laver -- if she saw either, she would wave them over.

"...hmm. Interesting, there are multiple variables for me to play with here in regards to which team has the most need of Silef, but I'm not quite sure how to weight each variable in importance. Numbers already planned for, expected threat... however, if for now I take both into account then I will likely want to have Silef on the team dealing with Berserker. That team doesn't have as many people as the team for Assassin, which I very specifically made large, but perhaps it would be a poor idea to underestimate the other Servant. Yeah.

Alright, send my reply over to Silef: It would be best if she were to join the team assaulting Berserker, and if she's going to meet us out here to join said team before we leave she should find Edmond, who is the guy in the flying metal suit. If you have anything else to report, please be concise in doing so -- I believe Isobel has the right idea, I need to begin gathering my team."

He moved his eyes across the screen, addressing Edmond. "I'm sure I can make it work, since I can simplify my radio output to pretty much just work on FM frequencies without worrying overmuch about special frequencies or such -- I did so in the last world I was in, after all. Are you capable of such?"

Navin Mhasalkar

The importance of things beginning to very much move and a team being assigned to Navin had done a lot to break him out of his thoughts, but now he was dealing with a separate problem; he was being assigned to a team led by a man named Edmond, and though referring to this Edmond man by name may have been useful for communication, Navin had no idea who Edmond was. Well, Navin supposed he had to find him anyway.

After taking a moment to think, Navin moved towards one of the more recognizable members of the team he'd been assigned -- the man with the books, who he had only briefly spoken to, but who he had most definitely seen with his books earlier in combat. He approached Solomon. "Ah... my deepest apologies for interrupting, but you are a member of the team assigned to fight this Berserker, right? Do you know where I might find this Edmond that is leading it?"

Edmond:

"Lord Silef will be on this team? . . . I see." He frowned slightly, from what he had seen, Silef was a little abrasive in manner. However, she should have knowledge of the terrain, world, and had more experience with the enemies which they were setting out to fight.

In response to LOTUS' confirmation that a radio link should be possible, Edmond answered, "I believe so. Give me a moment though." Edmond placed the helmet on his head, and quickly brought up the radio function. "No need for encryption, on a world like this. . . Probably won't be more than 50 miles from each other, so FM is fine. . . Let's go with 99.9 megahertz. Easy to remember, close to the center of the range. And if we lose contact due to range, switch to short wave, say 2000 kilohertz?" With a quick motion of his eyes, Edmond locked the frequency, and was about to say something, to test the radio. He stopped for a moment as he remembered something, and shut off the automatic speaker that sent his voice out of the helmet. Now, satisfied that his voice wouldn't be easily heard through the insulation, he said, "Testing, testing. LOTUS, do you read?"

Edited by Strider

"Yes, I copy." LOTUS replied, through radio -- he didn't even have to make any actual sound. He continued, still on radio (and for now on the frequency specified by Edmond). "I'd prefer if we went on 104.5 megahertz, though, since that's what I was already set to with Ghost, who I have given a radio headset to, and I would prefer not to have to switch channels just to communicate with the both of you. As for short wave, sure. I've got a fairly powerful radio installed so I don't imagine that would be a problem for me."

Edited by Powder Miner

"Copy that. Switching to 104.5" Edmond was drifting back into the mood of disciplined military combat, and the jargon that accompanied it. Previously, the group had been so disorganized that it would have been out of place to use this proper military conduct and discipline. With a quick series of eye movements, he changed the frequency to what the AI preferred. "Testing, Testing. Do you copy?" As soon as LOTUS presumably responded, Edmond pulled off the helmet, and tucked it back under his arm. For now at least, it would be best to remain personal with those in the group, rather than the inhumanness inherent to hiding being a metal helmet. "Is there anything I should know about Silef that you noted during the meeting? I'll be asking her about her skillset, but I think it would be best to get an outside opinion, from someone who was in the meeting."

Morgan stood there for a moment thinking of the best way to phrase what he needed to say.

"You see my powers stem from an endless plane between worlds, the Void.  I achieve teleportation by slipping through the fabric of this reality into the Void and back again, albeit in a slightly different position.  My own soul grants me some protection from the mind breaking madness within the Void, others...aren't so lucky.  Imagine staring into an infinite and incomprehensibly complex space that is constantly changing, while your body is being bombarded by twisted corruptive energy from all sides, and eldritch monstrosities whisper enigmas of power and impossible phrases into you ears that are capable of cracking even the stoutest of minds."

Morgan stopped to take a breath and sigh softly.

"If my protection would fail that is what anyone traveling with me would be exposed to.  The two best possible outcomes in that case are either they're immune to the effects of the Void for some reason or instant death.  The more likely outcome would be a descent into madness followed by either obsession with the power of the Void or slow painful transformation into an eldritch horror.  But like I said, that's only if the enchantment fails."

He relaxed and lowered his arms, folding his hands together, and awaiting Ghost's response.

"...I'll admit, I made the mistake of not particularly asking about her capabilities during that meeting. I suppose the best advice that I could give would be, despite my earlier outburst, to avoid nettling her too much. She's a genuine noble, and seems to take that station... seriously, shall we say. She can take a comment or two, but she is in fact the type to make threats of minding someone's tongue for them. That's not an eventuality I believe is likely, but if you're going to be fighting next to her, it may be best to ensure your teammates don't dissuade her from cooperation. Do you have any other questions? I think I ought to approach Lexiel and give her Isobel's personal radio headset for now."

Isobel, not having been consulted on this, does shoot Edmond a look LOTUS can't see, of wordless exasperation, before she sighs and nods. "...well, if it helps."

"I see..." ghost said, taking note that the plant gorgon apparently knew about this "void" and it's effects already as well. Though given the sheer number of skills she'd apparently picked up somehow, Ghost just presumed it had something directly to do with that. "from the sounds of it-"

aaaaaand then she was gone... just gone. One moment standing right there in front of morgan, the next nowhere to be seen or sensed. Not even a full second after, probably not even enough time for the three to really ponder on what the hell just happened however, she was back again, this time behind the mage, the gorgon, and the earth elemental as if she'd been standing there the entire time

"-it seems that your 'void walking' accomplishes the same basic ends that my own ability does, just through different means.... albeit far, far more risky means nonetheless. Tell me though: just what would happen if you were to tear open say... a hole to this 'void', and the let the energies storming within it pour out into a world? Briefly, of course. Would there be any lasting damage, or would only those in the immediate vicinity of the tear suffer the consequences?"

Dackly listens intently, looking directly at the two.  She is flipping through her scrapbook for anything that might jog her memory more on void travel, but, it seems her experience with it is secondhand and emergency procedures.

"I'm no professional, certainly, but just throwing my experience out there, I'm pretty sure that would kill half of us, and less than half of whatever we needed it to kill."

"There are entities in the void whose goal is the destruction of all good.  Not so many of them do the whole "helping good" thing."

Edmond:

"I'll be sure to remember that. I try to make a point of not offending people, so it's good to know. And, don't let me hold you up. Let's talk a bit more about your home universe, and maybe some more about botany. In any case, good luck!" He smiled, and waved as they presumable left.

He turned to Wyvis, trying to force himself into the attitude that he felt command warranted. "Do you know whom these descriptors might apply to? I sent Hikari off to find some more of our team, but if you could collect anyone you know, that would be helpful. Let's see. . . a cowboy, he might have a brimmed possibly leather hat, boots maybe, and a pistol--that's a small gun--probably stuck in holster on his belt; a guy with explosive fists, sorry, no more info on him; and a cat like robot, so a form of artificial humanoid with cat ears. If you could find any of them, that would be helpful." With a nod, Edmond jogged over towards the bus currently being packed up.

"Magnum! That was your name, correct? You've been assigned to my team for the upcoming battles."

Hikari

Hikari goes around the compound looking for the people on the team going after Berserker. She didn't really know most of these people, besides Sachi and the bus dude, but finding them and sending them back to Edmond was relatively easy. A cowboy is a distinctive look. She was pretty sure she knew the "crazy book mage". The cat-ear robot was also easy - find the chainsaw. Now the explosive fist guy - he was a bit difficult. She looked for men who had no apparent weapon and she didn't know - eventually, this led her to Navin.. She told all the people she found who weren't already at the meeting spot to go there, and went herself with the last of them.

(Reminder, that this is: Edmond, Jade, Sachi, Solomon, Hikari, Magnum, Ritsu, Wyvis, Navin)

Wyvis knew most of who Edmond described. Though not meeting them directly, Wyvis could piece together several conversations that floated around and link name to appearance. But as Wyvis started off, he saw each of them walk towards the meeting spot. "Well, there seems to be no need, for they seem to already be approaching. "There seems to be quite a variety; a mixed ensemble, I see!" Though he had a few times went out to the Outer Realms before, never had he had the opportunity to see people from so many different walks of life come together. "I am sure we will prevail if we collaborate."

3 hours ago, Powder Miner said:

Isobel Low and LOTUS

LOTUS was silent for a moment, while Isobel started looking around for people, starting with Friedhold and Laver -- if she saw either, she would wave them over.

"...hmm. Interesting, there are multiple variables for me to play with here in regards to which team has the most need of Silef, but I'm not quite sure how to weight each variable in importance. Numbers already planned for, expected threat... however, if for now I take both into account then I will likely want to have Silef on the team dealing with Berserker. That team doesn't have as many people as the team for Assassin, which I very specifically made large, but perhaps it would be a poor idea to underestimate the other Servant. Yeah.

Alright, send my reply over to Silef: It would be best if she were to join the team assaulting Berserker, and if she's going to meet us out here to join said team before we leave she should find Edmond, who is the guy in the flying metal suit. If you have anything else to report, please be concise in doing so -- I believe Isobel has the right idea, I need to begin gathering my team."

He moved his eyes across the screen, addressing Edmond. "I'm sure I can make it work, since I can simplify my radio output to pretty much just work on FM frequencies without worrying overmuch about special frequencies or such -- I did so in the last world I was in, after all. Are you capable of such?"

Navin Mhasalkar

The importance of things beginning to very much move and a team being assigned to Navin had done a lot to break him out of his thoughts, but now he was dealing with a separate problem; he was being assigned to a team led by a man named Edmond, and though referring to this Edmond man by name may have been useful for communication, Navin had no idea who Edmond was. Well, Navin supposed he had to find him anyway.

After taking a moment to think, Navin moved towards one of the more recognizable members of the team he'd been assigned -- the man with the books, who he had only briefly spoken to, but who he had most definitely seen with his books earlier in combat. He approached Solomon. "Ah... my deepest apologies for interrupting, but you are a member of the team assigned to fight this Berserker, right? Do you know where I might find this Edmond that is leading it?"

After hearing Lexiel's response to his question Solomon was deep in thought, but not too deep to respond to Navin's question by pointing directly at Edmond in his extremely easy to find powered armored suit and saying "That's Edmond over there, he is pretty close to the talking lesser AI from earlier.".

He then continued trying to narrow down the assassin's identity, although he was quite sure that there is literally only one possible thing the army could be by this point....sort of.

He was definitely sure that if he was on the Assassin team, that he would definitely be looking forward to shouting "JASON NOOOO!".

Morgan was surprised by Ghost's sudden dis/reappearance, but seemed to take it in stride.

"The fabric of reality is sort of like a living thing all to itself.  Like any living thing if you wound it it will try and heal itself, the bigger and more ragged the wound the more likely it is to scar.  The holes I create when teleporting would hardly count as pin pricks in this context.  So possible yes, but you'd have to have the power of a god in their prime to do it, and at those power levels well..." He raised his hands and shrugged "Who knows?"

When he was done answering Ghost's question he turned the Dackly to answer her's.

"It's true that the vast majority of void entities want nothing more than the destruction of worlds, but from what I know and have read it's often not so much the destruction that they want so much as the power they gain from it.  Therefor should you find such an entity capable of thought and communication beyond destruction you maybe able to bargain with them in a sort of roundabout way.

Leon Vermillion

Leon followed the source of Lexiel voice, to gather up with the other castle defense team. When he finally arrived, he introduce himself to the castle defense team, "I'm here. The talking pad says that I'm part of your group," he took a deep breath before continuing, "my name is Leon. Leon Vermillion, I might not look like much but I'm here to help as one of the offensive member of this group."

Solomon realized that he was in fact running out of dicking around time, but before he went back to Edmond he made sure to walk over to the lesser AI and uh..Isobel and say "Can you do me a favor? When you meet the assassin, can you please say 'Hey Jason' to them and tell me how they react? Or at least mention being willing to trade a golden fleece for your daughter's hand in marriage".
After getting a response from at least one of them he would float over to Edmond and simply say "Hey".

After Jade's conversation with Mitsurugi he headed for the courtyard. Something about being summoned for the next set of plans. He slowly walked up to Edmond, keeping his hat down as he did so. "So, I believe you're the man I'm suppose to talk to, ain't that right?" He asked the man, the grass in his mouth sticking out from underneath his hat. "Mind catching me up to speed with the details? Something about going off to fight this Beserker fellow."