[IC] TotMV:G^2: Clash of Fate: The Courtyard (Social/Prep Phase)

Chevaleresse

Well, it seemed that most everyone was just listening right now, so LOTUS took the chance to address the couple of people that had addressed him; first was Edmond.

"Look, I hate to admit it, but I'm not really sure. Even with all that we got told, a lot of what's coming up ahead is hazy because we're still reliant on outside information and help at this point; we may not be in the dark anymore about our overall situation, but that doesn't mean we have a lot of situational knowledge. Mostly I'm still waiting to see if we get our enemies' locations revealed, because that determines a lot, and then I intend to ask Silef if she has any way to get us out of here. Hmm, but perhaps it would be a good idea to try and figure out our own way out of here."

And that's when Dackly came over, setting the crate of potions down. With an "O-oh!" Isobel then crouched down and began to riffle through the box. "Umm... I hate to be negative, but you said you're pretty sure, right? Have you done any testing?" While Isobel voiced her concerns, LOTUS had shifted his emoticon to the lowered eyebrows of someone thinking. "Well, that's good news if they do work, because though I still intend to have Silef tell us of any methods off transportation she might have, I can work with that! Should it come down to it and should these work, I could organize our parties as fake mercenary bands -- then we just see if anyone can get us outside of the castle and we're good. Hell, we even have Isobel's headset to use to coordinate with at least one person."

The AI then shifted his face around to indicate that he was looking around, and upon seeing that people weren't flooding in, his face shifted to an unamused one. "Guess that didn't work out. I'll delegate specifically then. Sachi, I want you to head on over to the barracks and armory areas, and grab anyone who's in there and bring them over here."

Navin had been rather silent for a while, struggling with whether or not he should hear Empi's secret, but (while keeping an ear out for the briefings) he eventually relented, also noticing how long he'd kept Empi waiting. "...oh. My apologies. I have gone and kept you waiting. ...alright, I may not like the idea of learning someone else's secrets, but maybe you are right and maybe it is for the best. What did you want to tell me...?"

Isobel's directive is peppered with the sound of sizzling meat. "Sounds like we're thirty minutes from Houston. Alright boys, chow time is over! You eat so you can work ya' know." Magnum kicks the side of the mechanical grill and it folds in on itself, collapsing into the frisbee-shaped lid it started out as. He chucks all of his improv-barbeque setup down into the van, "Who needs a lift in the Boomtown Express?"

Empi Powderbelle

Empi sighs. Navin's type were really the worst sometimes; noble, well-meaning, but oh so oblivious. Even more oblivious than anyone she'd met.

Except that one client in Budapest. He was on the top ten list of hot clients she'd had, but he'd had the emotional sensitivity of a petrified cactus.

"She's grieving. She's lost a LOT of people she cared about, and she's hurting on the inside about it.- hurting so obviously anyone but you could tell she was hurting, and I can read your emotiions like a book. And you just reminded her about it like it was yesterday. Like, five times."

Sachi Honda

Sachi, who has been mulling about LOTUS and Isobel trying to muster the words to thank her, is jolted out of her reverie. She blinks as if she's been shaken out of a daydream.

"H-huh? Oh! Okay! Everyone, right? D-do you want me to tell them what you want them for?"

Ghost walked past the growing group as a few lobbed questions at the talking slab, towards the end stopping to look at the girl and whatever the hell was possesing the device on her person "If its a means of escaping unnoticed you're worried about, don't be. Give me some time, and I'll have a way to get everyone past the worse of what's outside. I just need to a test or two before I can be certain."  

and with that said, she continued on, scanning the space for anyone who looked willing enough to take a bit of a stretch. What she eventually decided on was some strange... machine? bedecked in what she could only assume was a maid's outfit. Whatever she was, it was obvious she was likely part of the group.

"You there," She projected her voice, directly speaking to the automaton like she was face to face with it as it walked about, seemingly in search of something, "How would you like to help me solve our little issue with getting out of here? It's nothing dangerous, that much I can assure you."

=======================================

Following Dackly, Aurora largely shrugged at the debriefing- whatever the hell had been meant by heroes or identities and all the nonsense, she obviously had nothing she could much contribute; whatever world the beings hailed from, it was far different than her own. As for getting out of the place, she practically laughed at the mere question. She doubted there was any realistic way anyone would get more than a few meters outside of those gates before being swarmed by gods knew how many countless constructs- they'd barely made it into the damn place afterall. 

Though she supposed that if the witch from earlier wasn't put in the ground, that holding out here would be pointless either way. Wait or Run, it was a lose-lose. The only real difference was how brutally spectacular their deaths would be. So why not? The pale one's passing commentary in particular had peaked her interest. Breaking off from the pot and dackly- at this point, no amount of enchanted arrows would do much to change things in the long run anyway -she stalked off behind the woman as she searched for a gueani pig.

Ritsu

"Oh?" Ritsu was broken out of her thoughts by the nearby woman who spoke to her while walking about. She considered the request the individual made, and on determining that she wasn't doing anything else relevant, she might as well assist in their endeavors. "Very well, I'm not particularly busy. As for the danger portion, I'll not comment on it until I hear exactly what your idea is. Before that, however," Ritsu pauses, her tail swaying as she looks at the individual. "Are we acquainted at all? I don't believe so."

"Call me Ghost," she said, not particularly concerned with intros given their situation... "look, I'll make this brief. There's far too many... things lurking out there for any traditional method of stealth to get people out of the gates... the moment they open, the enemy will know something is amiss. What I intend to do however, is eliminate the need to open the gates at all, infact, remove all need to physically move on foot to." 

She held out a hand, showing it to the robot, before crouching down and plunging it right through the very cobblestones of the courtyard. The limb vanished all the way up to her mid bicep, but ghost simply stared at the maiden as if it were nothing. The next moment, the rest of her body plunged through the floor as well as if it she'd never been there to begin with- and try as might, Ritsu would find no manner of sensors or scans she may or may not possess could pick up any trace of the woman at all...

Until a sudden voice from directly behind her announced her presence once again. "They call me ghost where I'm from for a good reason. What you just saw... well... hmmm... I've never... actually explained it before. But I can send myself into a different space, a pocket of space, you might say. And within that space, I can see and hear, and if I so desire, touch what's going on in the world, but the world can't see or hear or contact me back... It lets me become untraceable, a phantom, pass through whatever's in my way. What I want you to help me test, is creating a separate pocket of space than the one I usually use for myself, one that, hopefully, I can send other people into, and help them move about without drawing any attention. Like I said, it's nothing dangerous, in fact there's probably no place safer... and besides, I've been doing it since I was a child, whenever I had the chance. There should be no major issues that come up..."

=======================

Aurora pursed her lips out of sheer curiosity, watching it all... so this was how the pale one had suddenly appeared in the fortress then, all battered and bloodied... interesting... she kept looking on from a distance, as the albino and the android talked...

"Hmm, that is a rather interesting ability indeed," Ritsu remarks as Ghost comes back into reality. She herself had not seen any similar abilities during her time in the mansion, so she took a bit of interest in this. Furthermore, if successful, this technique could be used for even more practical applications. 

"Very well, I'll help you test out this idea. Though I do have to wonder whether or not this effect will work properly on all entities. As you've no doubt noticed, I myself am not human. As such, supposing it works for me just fine, there may not be the same guarantee for actual humans or other sentients. Still though, this can prove to be a rather worthwhile test, and I would be lying if I said I wasn't at all interested in this ability. Oh, and you may call me Ritsu," she responds, giving her name at the end of things. "Now then, shall we begin?"

LOTUS and Isobel

LOTUS moved his little emoticon up and down -- a small nod. "That would be fantastic, yes. Tell them that we're finally making steps towards moving out now. I can repeat the briefing to them if needed, or at least summarize it."

Navin Mhasalkar

Navin let out a long sigh, and was silent for a moment. The destiny-driven man wasn't offended by Empi's sarcasm or her bluntness, but he felt incredibly guilty over what he had evidently done (and to such an awful extent). He hadn't even realized it, but it sounded like he has been raking poor miss Saigai over the coals for the entire conversation. He felt like he could die and come back a bug. "...oh. I... I had no idea. What did I say to remind her of that...? I am really not sure."

Leon Vermillion

Leon hasn't been paying attention to anything to the current evet after the battle. After the endless battle, he hasn't been able to focus with anything, getting hit with mental attack made him thinking about his home universe, which is now having it's own problem.

this is giving me more problem than its worth. Been thrown in a multiverse battle really start giving me some migrain.

Leon notice Wyvis in the courtyard chilling, but unfortunately he can't find his friend who set up a barrier for him when he wasn't been able to focus in the battle after being hit with a mental attack. He then try to approach the guy.

"you... your friend kinda help me in that battle and I haven't said thank to her... errr when you meet her again, can you tell her that I said thank?" He sighes before continu, "and before you ask, my name is Leon. Leon Vermillion, pleased you meet ya."

Edmond:

Edmond addressed the tablet, and the woman holding it. "I don't have any means with which to enact a large scale escape without immediately being attacked by the hordes outside the gate. . . However, if there are any tasks that need completion before we leave, I'll do my best to assist. Consider me another one of your couriers if need be for the present." Edmond tapped his foot on the ground, though not out of impatience, as was obvious from his expression. "So, we await the information from the scryers before dividing into teams? Why can't it be done in the meantime while we wait? Their locations will affect who is on what team somehow?"

Liliya:

Liliya was still standing next to Samantha, watching Dackly depart, when it became apparent that planning was mostly over. "Servants? And their supposed to be famous people? Shit, I can't help with that. . . I suppose I could list out people, but there's no way to confirm any are what we want. . ." She frowned, concerned. "You're from earth, right Sam? Any idea who these. . . Servants are?"

"what they are should have no bearing. So long as they have a mind of some sort to think with and move themselves." with that said, she wasted no time. She concentrated for a moment, held out a hand, and within it formed a shimmering sphere of air that slowly expanded as Ritus watched, until a full portal of distorted space stood before them, just big enough for the robot to enter.

"Actually, it's not really getting someone in or out of one of these I'm most worried about..." She admitted, almost... sheepishly? "It's how long and how far I'll be able to maintain the concentration to keep projecting the space... spaces...multiple of them. There's easily miles and miles and army out there. It would be a relatively easy distance for just myself, but when I've got to divide myself between maintaining several pockets at once, and monitoring the parties inside each..." She shook her head "but that's neither here nor there at the moment, I suppose. If you step inside, I can get a feeling for how much I can manage on my own power at the moment. We can go from there."

Again... there was that irony. If their full glory hadn't been lost, Ghost wondered if testing would've even been necessary. She'd taken others with her into her own space, from time to time, but that was different. For all intents and purposes, they were always right beside her, sharing the space, it was little more different than putting a bit extra concentration into things. Creating entirely new spaces though, even temporary ones, had been something she'd... never thought to attempt before, actually. No reason. She had tended to work most assignments either alone or with underlings who would have their own means of physically getting to the objective. Had never needed to piggyback anyone most of the time, and on the rare occasions she did... again, just toss them into her own. 

But even still, if she had back then, she was near certain she would've pulled it off with no issue...

That was then though. This was now. The old her, both the part that served the desires of despots and shit eating, corruption spewing aristocracy, and the part that had turned it's fangs on it's masters and started to bite back... they were gone. Replaced by a mere shell- a shell with the same appearance, same mind, but barely a fraction of the raw might it had earned through harsh experience and practice over the decades.

And so... such trivialities as this test were needed. Even if they just sufficed to remind her how far she'd fallen, the distance of her plumet... was still something she needed to know. If any of this was to work, or anything was to work in the future, she'd have to learn her absolute limits. All. Over. Again.

Wyvis

Wyvis had not been paying attention at all. Rather, he was kind of in awash in the great banks of memories he had stored for over the countless years. As the other realms would say, he 'zoned out'. That was until someone snapped him out of it. "Oh, hello, Leon! My name is Wyvis of Nivinuxis, a Sunlight Guardsman. I'll be sure to pass on that message, and I should say, we are always glad to help."

The last survivor, for all he knew. She must survive.

Wyvis involuntarily squinted at this intrusive voice, but his face quickly turned back into his still friendly face. He went back to examining this new person, who seemed to be rather awkward in his speech. Did it have a deeper meaning? He could not say, but it strangely reminded him of the time he visited the prisons back in Runiem. The stench of guilt, so they might say... "Hmm... Leon. It seems familiar to me, I heard your name before. Say, have you visited the lands of Stravaga once? Or perhaps you have met once of my accomplices from those parts?"

Empi Powderbelle

Empi cocks her head a little bit and places a hand on her hip, lifting an eyebrow.

Now she was getting to the good bit. With Mitsu, she couldn't really treat her like a client; clearly, Mitsu had gotten laid before (and Empi was kinda jealous for the lucky bastard who got to sleep with THAT hot body) and her problem was more the area of a therapist than a wingwoman like Empi, as much as Empi did take that one course back at university about psychology. 

But Navin? He was oblivious, socially inept, actually semi-attractive (actually, really attractive- the only reason Empi hadn't jumped his bones was because she had plans for him and Mitsu), and had just managed to piss off a very hot woman. In short, he was 90% of Empi's clientele.

"Literally everything you said pushed her a little bit more into crying her eyes out. You pushed every button there like a kid with ADHD and a bag of sherbet in a computer science exhibit. Man, are you always this oblivious? Y'know, an important part of being a hero's job, from what I know, is actually talking to people; all that shit like "being the hero Gotham deserves" or defending the Indian way. I've seen you, you hit like a nuclear-powered freight-train and have the physique to match. Like, if you weren't kinda focused on being a hero, I'd totally tap that. Hard. And twice. Or as much as you'd like; I'm game.

Anyway, your problem here is that you seem to have the social awareness of a four year old, with which you offended a friend of mine and is probably going to go bite you in the ass in future unless you do something. I assume it's because of your job and not because you're genuinely stupid; I've seen way too many hunks like you to think they're all idiots. Now, I know you'll want to go make things better, which is a good thing. But you need the right thing to say to her. And then, y'know, not to drive her back into the eternal vortex of suffer.

Luckily, Doctor Empi Powderbelle, local Major in Dating Services with a Minor in Sexual Education, is willing to help you out and make everything as right as rain again. If you want."

Sachi Honda

Sachi nods, heading off to the nearest place. Which is likely the armory.

She kicks herself inside. That was supposed to have been her chance to thank Isobel for what she did; for helping her out of her funk during that fight.

>Sachi, y-you're so useless! That was it! Hum.....I know! After this, when we get everyone, we'll go talk to her and thank her! Yeah!<

She resolves to talk to Isobel later. She needed to thank her.

Isobel had been the first person since Mio to encourage her like that.

Edited by ElfCollaborator

"How long and far you say..." Ritsu takes the time to think about that statement as she enters the orb. The terrain around them doesn't actually change much, but the surrounding area does become a bit hazy. She looks around in the contained space a bit to try and figure out if her idea would work. Her teleportation capabilities did have some limits, but this sphere could potentially get around them...at least in theory.

"Regarding the length of time you could sustain a space like this with multiple people present, I do have a potential suggestion. Though, since I do not have control of this space, I have no idea exactly how effective it would be. However, if it did work out, we may be able to make the travel relatively quick," Ritsu says, looking at Ghost.

The moment Ritsu had stepped through the gateway, she'd totally vanished from the courtyard to all onlookers. Only Ghost herself had any inkling as to the robot's presence at all, looking right at her exact position, in fact. 

"Oh?" Ghost was a bit skeptical, but... "Well, moving around in it isn't... exactly like walking you see. It's not as much a matter of moving your legs in the direction you need to go, as it is moving your mind there, focusing on it... and the harder you do, the faster it'll happen. But if say, whatever you're about to propose is some form of instantaneous travel, I suppose it would still help... just what is it you have in mind?"

"I myself have means of instantaneous transportation. That being said, it isn't suited for transporting all that much besides myself. However, if this particular space is more attached to you, then theoretically warping you to a target destination would cause this sphere, and hopefully others inside of it, to warp along with you," Ritsu explains. She herself could likely teleport one person with her without complication, but she has never tried warping altered spaces before. Nor would she be aware of how well the idea would work in practice. However, sitting by and thinking about it wouldn't be very helpful. 

"To be honest, I'm not entirely sure how well this plan will go, and a lot of it is based more in how this sphere of yours operates in relation to you. If successful however, you wouldn't need to maintain this field for multiple people for too long of a period of time. What do you think?"

"Uuuuuuuuh...." a long moment dragged on, as she thought about it, "I... I don't beleive that would work. Yes, they are attached me, and yes, I control them.... but well, look, this all outside of how I usually use this- its actually the first time I've made temporary pockets instead of opening the one I've always accessed... so its a little different from what I used to. But to put it simply, where I am... wouldn't actually matter to the people inside, I don't think. Think of it like this, Me... putting you into that pocket, it was llike... turning you into a ghost of sorts. You can move around free of physical limitations, you can see and perceive the world, but cant interact. The world can't see or hear you, and can't interact either. At its.... simplest, perhaps oversimplified, core, thats all I'm really doing. Keeping you a ghost. I can't actually move you though- that's up to you. If I were to walk say... to the gates and back, you'd still be standing right there- in fact."

She cut off and did just that, maintaining the pocket dimension Ritsu had been placed in. As the robot watched, her position would not have changed in the least bit, unless she had decided to actively follow ghost. By the time the Albino returned, she herself had a look of confusion on her face "By the gods, I didn't think it would be this hard... it's my own damn power, and I'm giving myself a headache trying to... decipher it from instinct well enough for someone else to understand. But you see what I mean. I moved just now. You didn't though. If we were using my own space that I usually do, then perhaps it would be a different story, since that one is always centered around my position... but we're not. Teleporting me wouldn't change anything, with a temporary one like what we're using... since well... you're the focus, the one who's actually using the pocket. I'm just the one providing the energy and concentration to keep you inside of it; I can put you in, make you untouchable and unseeable, and I can take you back out, make you touchable and seeable again, but I can't move you around remotely. Getting somewhere while the pocket space is still up- that's entirely up to you...."

With that said, she actually sighed, rubbing her temples. Part of the tension headache was arising from trying to decode and put into words the very things she'd been doing on mere impulse and instinct since she was a little girl, and the stress from keeping Ritsu inside the thing certainly wasn't helping. "I'm sorry... Is any of this making sense? Might've been a mistake afterall..."

Isobel and LOTUS

"Absolutely. If they don't end up able to find Assassin, or if they happen to find another one of the Servants, everything changes. Other than that, serious terrain problems would have to be remedied by changing team composition somewhat. I could make preliminary kind of categories, I suppose, but I'm not entirely sure how useful that can end up being without a few things, like indication that there's a way we can get out of here, though it would seem that that's being worked on. Unfortunately, so many of the situational aspects right now are still being figured out that it's a bit difficult. Still, I can make at least one preliminary statement: unless the situational info makes it necessary, I do not want those who had been especially affected by the mist on the mission to fight Assassin. That means the superhero guy, Sachi, uh, and the plant woman and stone thing, I think their names were Dackly and Gozer if I overheard right, the girl with the mech, the fairy, or the one kind of edgy one with the sword. These people were briefly crippled by her equally brief appearance with the mist, and they would then be liabilities with her longer appearance, liabilities that we may be unable to afford with that dragon in play there.

Also, I guess I need to learn everyone's names. What's yours? I am the Logistical, Operational, and Tactical Uplink System, or LOTUS."

There's another pause before Isobel speaks up. "...uh, and I'm Isobel Low. Not quite the tactician he is, though, hehe."

Navin Mhasalkar

There was a long pause as Navin digested exactly what the sexual fairy had said... rather longer than it would have been if the pantsless fairy hadn't blatantly hit on him in the process. He felt an odd combo of guilt, shame, and being flustered: at first he found himself opening and closing his mouth a couple of times in response to her talking about how she'd, uh, "tap that". Then he calmed down from that, and her rather incisive insults came next, at which point he fell silent again, and dropped into thought. "Well... I am not sure about all of this "Dating Services" stuff, but... yes. I do want to make things right. But... I really am lost. What did I say? We talked about religion and destiny and that sort of thing, but what exactly about that kept reminding her of what she lost...? ...oh. We did talk about duty. That might have been a part of it..."" His face fell a bit, in pensive self-disappointment.

"Sorry," Samantha apologizes, scratching her head, "On my version of earth we have kinda... different heroes and villains from most, I think.  Unless there's a lot of superheroes running around where you're from."

Empi Powderbelle

"Oh, so you've figured it out without me having to tell you. Well, saves me time: I like you more than half my clients already. Well, your first step is to go apologise to her. Tell her you didn't know it'd hit her badly, and ask if you could have a do-over.

'Course, that won't be enough. A loss like she took? She needs friends. Someone like her. That's where you come in. I need a guy who can do that; make her open up about it to someone she trusts. I could practically smell the repression off her like I could smell your celibacy, good grief. Seriously, you've never seen a girl naked like this before? Anyway, if you want to fully make up for it, you've got to be the rebound guy, so to speak.

Think you're up to that, Indian Superman?"

"Uh, That's going to be a problem LOTUS-senpai, I want my statue, and I want to see the hope die from it's eyes. you know how it is, Petty and deep Vengeance and all that."

"I don't have any way of sending that party a care package for petrification, so I kinda have to go with them to blast that whore straight into the most classic of fates worse than death."

Dackly says, crossing her arms.

Gozer looks nervous, well, he would if he were, anyway.

Edited by Hal Henderics

"I don't really care. Your personal desire for revenge is not a good enough reason to quite potentially endanger the mission. If I wanted to satisfy that, I'd have gone all "hey, everyone who got mist-blasted, why don't you all just line up to go fight Assassin!" but the fact of the matter is that the reason I don't want you going along is that with that mist in place, at best you are not going to be fighting at full capacity, and far worse outcomes exist, like you freezing up completely or simply being killed. Think about it from my perspective, I am attempting to ensure mission success. That is my priority. Why, then, would I bring someone along who I know would be compromised?"

Navin looked up. "It is not proper, I am not going to stare at you. And... alright, I think I could try. I should try, even. Gh... should I go... right now?"

"Why do I need to participate in combat beyond my stated goals?  More importantly, I took the liberty of Immunizing myself to her mist, by smoking a fat rock of it I obtained previously.

Your assessment makes several assumptions which simply do not hold validity, LOTUS-sempai, even without my immunization.  The mist's only advantage was us being surprised and her not being surprised, Now that we are aware of it, I can simply leave and secure our escape as soon as I have tagged both the Statue and My Dragon with Petrification, which persists long after I have left."

"Lastly, my skills have already proven effective at disposing of both her minions and her mist.  Either we are fighting her in an open area, enabling myself and Gozer to simply leave, or we are fighting in an enclosed area, which allows me to turn her own mist against her in the form of defensive walls."

"It's sound.  And any advantage we can obtain should be leveraged to the fullest."

Dackly says, as Gozer stands next to her, not moving.

"Alright, there are... a couple of issues with that.

Alright, alright, first off, I don't know why you think smoking the mist is going to immunize you to it. That... there's no evidence that that's how that works, I'm a little bit mindboggled.

Secondly, the reason you need to participate in combat for more than your stated goals is that we are not out to sate your desire for revenge. We have the goal of succeeding here, and we as a group have a goal that is not mollifying your outrage.

Thirdly, your argument about being able to leave and surprise of all of that doesn't make a lot of sense. You'd be accomplishing nothing, and petrifying the statue and dragon in the first place requires that you have the time and distance to *do* that, which puts you in the mist in the first place.

Your last point makes the most sense but it's not really been evidenced. You were able to petrify some of the mist, I saw that, but that didn't actually stop it. The enclosed space wall ability would be useful, but not ultimately useful enough to allow you to be compromised in the first place. And if you just come and leave, then you are providing almost no strength, when you could be aiding the other team far more greatly and giving both teams a greater chance of success."

Empi Powderbelle

Empi gives him a genuine, sincere smile. She pats Navin on his shoulder encouragingly.

"Great, great. I knew I could count on you. Even if you're a work in progress, as they say in my line of work. In slow, but sure progress. You'll get there one day. I hope.

Anyway, give it time. Don't be too hasty. You do it now, you'll look desperate. Don't leave it too late, either, then you'll just look like an insincere asshole. Besides, with all the chaos going on right now, I think she'll be a bit too stressed to listen, seeing as you almost literally JUST opened up those wounds again. I say, give it a few hours, THEN go up and apologise. We'll take it a step at a time, since I feel like I'll be seeing a lot more of you two in regards to this whole mess for a while."