V9 - Bug Reporting Thread

Jan

47 minutes ago, Jan said:

This honestly looks like a corrupted save file. I recommend trying a backup. 

Edit: Exiting the game with the "x" button can be risky. I'd recommend closing the game through "Quit Game" in the pause menu.

I finally worked out why i was getting that message. I was saved in a place that you had changed completely so the save was throwing a fit as the map for the area originally no longer existed in the update.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Does anyone know if Keta in Sheridan Village is broken in V9? He just stands there and you can't interact with him. I can't move on through the story either. I've talked with everyone in the village and done all the quests but when I enter Sensei's House nothing happens. I can go to the grove behind his table but that's it. 

This one didn't have impact or stopped me from progressing but...

Before I faced Zetta in front of the Toy Box, I decided to change my team. When I returned to the Nightmare City, going to the Shopping District repeated part of the cutscene of Aelita talking and four Zettas appearing

18 hours ago, Jan said:

I found the problem. I have no idea where this happen, but Sheridan village's switch gets flipped somewhere, and that causes an event in Amethyst Cave to not happen for you. So you were missing a variable. I went ahead and fixed this for you, though. 

Game.rxdata

Yes this is exactly what I meant.

I also appear to have the exact same problem. If it were possible, how'd you manage to repair the game?

1 hour ago, Lord C said:

This one didn't have impact or stopped me from progressing but...

Before I faced Zetta in front of the Toy Box, I decided to change my team. When I returned to the Nightmare City, going to the Shopping District repeated part of the cutscene of Aelita talking and four Zettas appearing

It's already noted

@FabianCh Hey i had the same issue, download the patch, replace the Data folder from you Version 9 with the new Data from the patch, go back to the cave as if it was your first time going there (I took the train and it activated the instance so it's working for me)

Using the move Snarl does not reduce the enemy's Special Attack when used. It should be 100% chance to lower Special Attack, barring certain abilities/conditions, but it refuses to work.

It really puts a damper on my pseudo-tanky Mightyena (Idk...  I just wanted to try it). :/

Edited by Balthazar_Fang

Alright I've reached Blacksteeple in my playthrough now and the first thing i noticed it that the interaction with this staircase right here is completely backwards (When I go from left to right I go down instead of up and vice versa):

Spoiler

UeX328U.png

17 minutes ago, Soushi said:

@FabianCh Hey i had the same issue, download the patch, replace the Data folder from you Version 9 with the new Data from the patch, go back to the cave as if it was your first time going there (I took the train and it activated the instance so it's working for me)

Just replacing the data folder doesnt seem to have done anything for me. Did replace it with the folder from full version of the game or just the patch?

*Edit*

It worked ty so much

Edited by FabianCh

I replaced it with the patch data folder, returned to the main city (I don't remember it's name), saved the game, turned off the game, restarted my computer (i had updates which is why), started the game, took the train back to the cave, went through it like it was my first time. you should see the event next to the team xen grunt / where you assisted the local gang in defeating a rival gang. you can't take the quick travel back to Sheridan village, have to take the train and go through the cave like you were never there for the event to start itself. 

4 minutes ago, valantisthanasoulis said:

after i was lvl up my alola vulpix after lvl 23-24 i got this error idk if is a bug but i will post it and i didnt say if you try to lvl up to 23-24 with rare candy your game crash

errorlog.txt

Where did you find alola vulpix? that is my favourite alola version pokemon

When i tried to use a Funnel Cake with my fainted Meowstic, it says "it won't have any effect". And yes, is fainted. And yes, i'm sure that is fainted.
EDIT: Nvrm is alredy listed :P

Edited by DeathBoo

Is this the thread to report map errors? I'm not sure, but if it is, it's time to enter Derxwna's Tile Nitpick Zone

On the agenda today, we have... door frames!

MF9YrmS.png

Compare the left and right doors, as you can see, the right door's frame isn't complete and it gets cut off by the window. Presumably an easy fix, since the one on the left has a frame.

But that's not all! Next up we have... Overlap!

3Vvx3xM.png

As observed here in Chrisolia Hotel, the railing is going above the sprite's head, when it presumably shouldn't be. Probably just a permission fix, but if you can't fix permissions because it needs to be like this for other tiles, then an ideal solution would be to create a doppelganger tile with the same appearance, but the modified tile height permissions.

And that's all for today's Nitpick Zone, where I bring you ultimately minor stuff that people don't notice and probably don't care too much about! This is Derxwna, signing out!

4 hours ago, Jan said:

Didn't freeze up for me. Did you use a speed up button or text skip etc?

No. I'm not using anything to alter the game. But for some reason it freezes up at huey

every time i start up the game 5 secs in i get an error that says the following-Script 'PokemonLoad' line 228:NoMethodError occured. undefined method 'lastSave' for nil:NilClass

After i exit the error box it closes rejuvenation.

Edited by Salic

• Developers

Guys... please read the bug list before posting. I keep seeing repeats and repeats and it's starting to confuse me.