V9 - Bug Reporting Thread

Jan

Jan, you should srsly recheck thoroughly every tile and every event on Blacksteeple. Some stairs led me up when i tried to go down, and viceversa. You can walk over some things that aren't supposed. Some dialogues are repeated or with bad ortography. etc.

4 minutes ago, Balthazar_Fang said:

There's a random white box around my Bonsly. Not sure why...

Reveal hidden contents

18218e2ec1e0739d2ecbea1c9109c611.png

That's because of lack of transparency. You can fix it yourself if you have Photoshop or Paint.net

Edited by DeathBoo

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Neved's dialogue kinda repeats itself in a reworded way when he's talking with the person who just arrived; seems kind of odd to have such similar strings of dialogue right back-to-back.

gpBPnlb.png

Edit: I decided to try approaching from the south, and somehow managed to run right through Saki. Literally right under her. I'm assuming her move route The event itself had set Through to on, and never unset it. 

6DpD940.png

i6nPoMa.png

Edit: Discovered this when looking through rmxp for something, while the bug itself doesn't affect anything critical it is still a bug:

The bookcase next to this one doesn't work because the variable it checks for is the wrong variable.

quQE1XO.pngHk7CtyS.png

Edited by DerxwnaKapsyla

• Developers
2 hours ago, Soushi said:

I'm not sure if it was reported or if it's just my save, when entering second floor door of Blacksteppe Castle from the outside, i am given the following error" Script "Game_Event_" line 164: ArguementError occurred comparison of String with 21 failed. I will attach the save here. I've already downloaded the recent patches and looked through some threads here but haven't seen the issue. Thanks

Game.rxdata

Found the issue. It's somewhat save file specific, but it should be fixed in the next patch. 

52 minutes ago, DeathBoo said:

Jan, you should srsly recheck thoroughly every tile and every event on Blacksteeple. Some stairs led me up when i tried to go down, and viceversa. You can walk over some things that aren't supposed. Some dialogues are repeated or with bad ortography. etc.

That's because of lack of transparency. You can fix it yourself if you have Photoshop or Paint.net

If you would just -check- the buglist. You'd see that I already have most of this marked down and fixed already.

38 minutes ago, DerxwnaKapsyla said:

Neved's dialogue kinda repeats itself in a reworded way when he's talking with the person who just arrived; seems kind of odd to have such similar strings of dialogue right back-to-back.

gpBPnlb.png

Edit: I decided to try approaching from the south, and somehow managed to run right through Saki. Literally right under her. I'm assuming her move route The event itself had set Through to on, and never unset it. 

6DpD940.png

i6nPoMa.png

Edit: Discovered this when looking through rmxp for something, while the bug itself doesn't affect anything critical it is still a bug:

The bookcase next to this one doesn't work because the variable it checks for is the wrong variable.

quQE1XO.pngHk7CtyS.png

Yeah, literally just found this. Fixed on my end, thanks. 

Edit: This is what caused @Soushi's error. 

7 minutes ago, ajk12 said:

im just getting a black screen please help

2017-06-04 (27).png

Game.rxdata

What happened before this? Did you just start playing? 

28 minutes ago, Jan said:

What happened before this? Did you just start playing? 

i was getting to the train with alitia and after we got offf the game froze and when i tried to use teleport it happened

• Developers
28 minutes ago, ajk12 said:

i was getting to the train with alitia and after we got offf the game froze and when i tried to use teleport it happened

Don't use teleport. Just avoid it. If you need to get stuck, please place your save file in the save file troubleshooting thread. 

19 minutes ago, Oni-Mushkan said:

Still can't get the event to work. :( I have Soul Stone but when I go back to the spot Melia "died" nothing happens. No text, nothing at all.. Taking the train doesn't even reset the event for me anymore.

please place your save file in the save file troubleshooting thread. 

As for people who've gotten Alolan Pokemon with the wrong abilities, could you possibly send me your save file? It has to have the Pokemon with the wrong ability. 

• Developers
19 hours ago, Balthazar_Fang said:

Ah forgot to include the gif of the Snarl bug. As can be seen, it doesn't reduce Special Attack for some apparent reason even though it clearly should.

5e6def2366a559b6413095bd6ed440f9.gif

Found the issue. Fixed, thanks!

18 hours ago, Chrome2613 said:

Not sure if this happened to anyone else and if this still exists in the current patch since i found these in patch 5 but:

• When Risa first appeared, she stopped right next to the MC, greeted Rhodea and then the game locked itself, i fixed it by pulling up a backup and saw that she was supposed to stop a tile away from the MC then the convo continued normally.
  • I accidentally battled the Audino breeder next to the Toybox in Nightmare City and the game went to black after beating the 2nd Audino.

That's all i have for now.

Did you happen to have the speedup button on?

4 minutes ago, DeathBoo said:

@Jan Sorry, i didn't saw them in the list :P

Well, I found one more, is a spriting one. Dimensional Rift Gyarados sprite has a white area that I suppose should be transparent:

130_2.png.3ea0fa9fef54c9b147e08b2bcb63f323.png

No, it's all right. I apologize if that comment I made came off hostile. These bugs have just been stressing me out a little and I lashed out. My fault.

As for Gyarados... What white part? If you mean on the end of the tail, that's supposed to be a fin thing (I'm talking about the one right below the last one.)

4 minutes ago, DerxwnaKapsyla said:

Prison Riot in Blacksteeple is occurring, Saki is running rampant... and also still in her jail cell. As is everyone else.

Noted, thanks. 

1 minute ago, Jan said:

Found the issue. Fixed, thanks!

Did you happen to have the speedup button on?

No, it's all right. I apologize if that comment I made came off hostile. These bugs have just been stressing me out a little and I lashed out. My fault.

As for Gyarados... What white part? If you mean on the end of the tail, that's supposed to be a fin thing (I'm talking about the one right below the last one.)

Noted, thanks. 

I think they mean this part

1 hour ago, Jan said:

Don't use teleport. Just avoid it. If you need to get stuck, please place your save file in the save file troubleshooting thread. 

please place your save file in the save file troubleshooting thread. 

As for people who've gotten Alolan Pokemon with the wrong abilities, could you possibly send me your save file? It has to have the Pokemon with the wrong ability. 

I don't like to be annoying but I already have actually. :)

Edited by Oni-Mushkan

In bladestar base when trying to go back to when flora florin erin and the player chose to split up to look for an exit,the dialogue that used to take place appears(trying to go left triggered that and when i tried to go left again the dialogue appeared again(i sped it up with the ''b'' button)and then the game froze

Spoiler

18927067_1906789099533031_595423445_o.png.ea230cb360d8799ce83decd14b896ab5.png

this is directly after the double battle with the puppet masters, I've lost the ability to move my character at all and in my frantic button mash to move I saved the game and am now stuck.

bugged.png

8 minutes ago, Lzr said:

this is directly after the double battle with the puppet masters, I've lost the ability to move my character at all and in my frantic button mash to move I saved the game and am now stuck.

bugged.png

Yeah, I ran into this issue too, I didn't save and downloaded the latest bugfix which resolved the issue. I had to redo the fight though.

Since you already saved, chances are you'll have to post your save into the troubleshooting thread.

---

Possible bug to report, when doing the second help center quest in GDC, the dialogue assumes I didn't save the Garbordor in West Gearen when I'm pretty sure I did. It's been about a year or longer since I did that though, but I'm sure that in this particular file, I did.

Here's my file if you want to take a look, note I already cleared the quest though.

Game.rxdata

Edited by Alilatias

I'm not sure where to post this, but I think is more of a mistake than a bug sooooo... whatever.

1. I'm pretty sure is supposed to be "LIKE" rather than "LIke".

2. You can enter the from the top from there.

3. You can walk around in the wall. I'm not sure if it matters, but it from the same place as the 2nd picture.

Screen Shot 2017-06-03 at 9.23.32 PM.png

Screen Shot 2017-06-04 at 2.19.50 PM.png

Screen Shot 2017-06-04 at 2.20.27 PM.png

Edited by Coffee's Blind Bird

Just now, Coffee's Blind Bird said:

I'm not sure where to post this, but I think is more of a mistake than a bug sooooo... whatever.

1. I'm pretty sure is supposed to be "LIKE" rather than "LIke".

2. You can enter the from the top from there.

3. You can walk around in the wall. I'm not sure if it matters, but it from the same place as the 2nd picture.

Screen Shot 2017-06-03 at 9.23.32 PM.png

Screen Shot 2017-06-04 at 2.20.27 PM.png

I think they LIke and not LIKE was intened just because it fits Karren personality

Im in the third gym against marionette and after using curse on dusclops using any direct attack move will cause this error and the move will not do anything. Will-o-wisp works just fine but blaze kick for example causes the error.

---------------------------
Pokemon Rejuvenation
---------------------------
Exception: NameError

PokeBattle_Move:2131:in `pbCalcDamage'

PokeBattle_Move:3689:in `pbEffect'

PokeBattle_MoveEffects:353:in `pbEffect'

PokeBattle_Battler:4376:in `pbProcessMoveAgainstTarget'

PokeBattle_Battler:4282:in `each'

PokeBattle_Battler:4282:in `pbProcessMoveAgainstTarget'

PokeBattle_Battler:5109:in `pbUseMove'

PokeBattle_Battler:5061:in `loop'

PokeBattle_Battler:5112:in `pbUseMove'

PokeBattle_Battler:5905:in `pbProcessTurn'

Don't know if this is mentiont already, but since this the tiniest mistake, i will presume it hasn't.

I restated from scratch and I noticed the shine front and back sprites of mincino do not match

also, when you start in an older save file, all the events prior restart whe you return to these places

So I was fighting this maid who had Espeon and Umbreon, Espeon used Future Sight and right after i fainted it and had Combusken out to beat her Umbreon Future Sight was about to hit when a text popped up.

Screenshot_wot.png

10 hours ago, TheMoltenGuy said:

Walking forward and back after seeing the event causes it to trigger again. (This works an unlimited amount of times)

EDIT: Actually just walking on the tile again from any direction replays the event

EDIT 2: Only the left tile triggers it, not the right

EDIT 3: If you replay this event after getting the Soul Stone and all that, you have to do it again after going back to Keta's house.

EDIT 4: Actually you don't have to do it again, it just breaks the game outright, because it doesn't trigger Revenant Keta giving you the Soul Stone again since you already have it, and nothing happens when you go back to Melia's "grave", and Keta just tells you to get the soul stone.

I'm having the exact same problem. I already installed the last patch, so i don't know if the bug hasn't been solved or i'm missing something.

• Developers
1 minute ago, Efrhain said:

I'm having the exact same problem. I already installed the last patch, so i don't know if the bug hasn't been solved or i'm missing something.

Bugs as in they won't happen again for future playthroughs. If your save file is a victim of the bug, you're going to  have to place your save file in the save file troubleshooting thread. 

2 minutes ago, Efrhain said:

I got through it by walking on the right side of the stairs and it will not activate the event so just load an earlier save and walk past the event on the RIGHT side.