V9 - Bug Reporting Thread

Jan

You can get a seemingly infinite amount of ultra balls from the guy in the Gearen City Aqua Apartments 1st floor by talking to him again. It always triggers the same dialogue and reward as the first time you talk to him.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

so... i used magma drift to save the dude and then it went into cutscene mode and i am now endlessly surfing in land

uhhh found a bug.PNG

14 minutes ago, BlackRum said:

You can get a seemingly infinite amount of ultra balls from the guy in the Gearen City Aqua Apartments 1st floor by talking to him again. It always triggers the same dialogue and reward as the first time you talk to him.

This bug has already been fixed. Have you installed Patch 9?

Run into an issue at Teila resort. after getting magma drift and doing the cutscene with Melia and Venam, the next scene after going upstairs in the house won't trigger.

EDIT: Got it working after reloading the save in v8 of the game

Edited by Lokpopzer

So I was battling Narcissa, and my Incineroar was out of pp for moves. I tried using my elixir on it, but it didn't work. i also tried to use it on my Raticate, and it also didn't work. Is this a glitch, or can you just not use elixirs in battle?

I found 2 bugs:

The first one, the one that is keeping me from advancing, is in the first gym, the last poison combination, it says it should be Orange, White and Teal. I am only getting the orange one right, and every other combination I try says it is not correct, how to proceed?

And the second is right after we escape with Malia/Melia (sorry, I forgot the name) and her togepi from the forest, (Zeta and the gyarados stuff), if you go back to the forest, before entering in the professor's lab, and then enter in the cave and go out the cave, you kind go "back in time" when team xen is there and can fight zeta again, but after you are sucked by the gyarados the screen goes black, but you can still move and stuff.

Edit: about the first bug, I've looked the combinations in the painel and stuff, and I am trying to do the combinations like it shows there.

Edited by PedruxXx
More information needed in my coment

Kind of a weird and situational bug, but if you turn animations off and then send out a Zoroark and it's uhh... "illusioning" a shiny pokemon, the animation for the shiny will still play.
At the moment its not really a big deal but it can be quite annoying if you're used to no animations like me xP

1 minute ago, MakubeX said:

My characters and others are speeding/walking fast than a normal pace. Is this a bug or did I press the wrong button for that to happen?

I think you just discovered the Alt gr button that speed up the game and can make the game run at a normal speed if you press it again =)

@Jan another bug, i defeated the grunt that gives tropius egg (which didnt give me anything) and when i tried to to the tropius quest it didnt let me finish it, i mean no egg no quest :/

I'm not sure if this is intended or not(but pretty sure it isn't intended because the secret character also have her own alternate costume for past Aevium), but those who play as the secret character that you can get from the password in the game start will encounter some issues ingame.
Someone told me that their secret character turned into another character after finishing the 'controlling Marianette' sequence.
So I naturally opened my RMXP, and found these.

Switch back to player eventing after 'Controlling Emma' sequence in Blacksteeple.
4A_xmiFxTwmITavsEz7nZw.png

Switching back to player event after 'Controlling Marianette' sequence in the Mansion Trial.

6WrGjjerRDqlZ9lKNsdJZg.png

As you can see, there is a conditional branch for each the player character to switch back themselves(pbChangePlayer), but there's only six of them instead of 7(which is all the playable characters, including the secret character). And since the switch for the playable character is turned on when you select for your player character, and the switch for the secret character is turned on after you enter the password(which shows up after the character select session, btw.). The player will revert back to the character they selected at the game intro instead of the secret character after both Emma and Marianette sequence.

Also, another thing about this particular secret character bug, but this will be a bit into v9 spoilers section, so I'll put it instead in the spoiler tag.

Spoiler

In the sequence in which the player gets mindfucked over Nancy and a player character copycat appearing on stage in Magnolia Theatre, there seems to be no version of this for the secret player character as well. Meaning that the copycat will also take appearance of the player character they selected at the start of the game. Is this intentional though?

Edited by Revolver
changed 'for' to 'after' to avoid confusion.

Oh, also, the Ultra Potions in my game is also bugged. Whenever I move my selection at them in the shop, a couple of error messages would show, and if I try to buy them, I'll get even more error messages and I lose money for buying them, but I didn't get Ultra Potions.

Same goes to the Black Shard(That for some reason is still in my bag) in my inventory.

• Developers
3 hours ago, Revolver said:

Oh, also, the Ultra Potions in my game is also bugged. Whenever I move my selection at them in the shop, a couple of error messages would show, and if I try to buy them, I'll get even more error messages and I lose money for buying them, but I didn't get Ultra Potions.

Same goes to the Black Shard(That for some reason is still in my bag) in my inventory.

The only thing I can think of here is that either you're playing the game with outdated PBS files, or your data folder is corrupted. I would just redownload a patch. 

Hi ! I come to report a minor bug, but could be a major bug for those who play the Mining Game. The game crashed when I cleared a mining game in which I excavated a Z Crystal. Here is the crashlog.

Spoiler

Game_2017-06-08_20-35-44.png.b1f0401f5377b58db1166512a8a818ca.png

21 minutes ago, The Protagonist said:

I got the Magma Drift TM, went back to the Manor in Tiela Town, saw Melia fly off but nothing happens when I enter Valor Mountain.

You have to talk to Venam inside Tesla's House

Also, minor text error: If you ditched Flora and ask Melia for advice against Florin, she at some point says "her" instead of "his".