Gen 5 - Shiny Thread | Public Development

Jan

1 hour ago, Sceptilespy said:

I would actually like to release my claim on both the ferrothorn line and druddigon, as after seeing these amazing shinies, there's probably somebody more fit for the both of them.

I just finished the elgyem and beheeyem line, so I'm stealing Ferrothorn and Druddigon :3

Think of the aliens from toy story.

605s.png605sb.png

606s.png606sb.png

• Replies 349
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just now, Alex said:

I just finished the elgyem and beheeyem line, so I'm stealing Ferrothorn and Druddigon :3

605s.png605sb.png

606s.png606sb.png

the claw intensifies

Ok, so, here's my draft for the Timburr line

PExhIVu.pngkATLg3e.pnghNtkfio.png

Conkeldurr turned out just the way I wanted. I think that Timburr needs some color correction (making it lighter) because the colors aren't working like they work on Gurdurr/Conkeldurr (or this may be just my imagination and Timburr is all right). I have no idea of what to do with the thing that Gurdurr is holding, it's really hard to make something there because it is diagonal. Anyway, accepting suggestions. If everything else fails, I'll just go with this one then.

@Med Amine Elhedhili the brightest red on Swoobat's face could have the saturation reduced more since it's really bright and makes the sprite look a little strange. There are also some outlines on the Swoobat's backsprite that are blue that need to be changed to red as well. Other than that it's not bad :) 

@Atticus Timburr's colours look fine to me, I think they work just as well. Unfortunately I don't have any ideas for Gurdurr, but it doesn't look all that bad.

Just my opinion.

Edited by Felcatty

"Bert and Ernie are cool, they're not lame."

-My Dad, who said the most funniest thing to ever come from his words.

If that doesn't give it away, then this will:

Spoiler

Because so far, here is Bert and Ernie Sawk and Throh!  I'm still trying to find a way to color their striped shirts, but if there's anything I need to work on besides that, let me know.  I'm thinking of giving them colored aura after looking at Bert Sawk, but I don't know.  I also have to do something about Sawk's bottom part of his belt.

539s.png538s.png

...I forgot to submit these yesterday

599.png600.png601.png

wouldn't it be nice if any reference was this nice?

If this is okay, then I'll move on to the backsprites

EDIT: I finally had a decent idea for Stoutland:

508.png

Edited by Hycrox

16 hours ago, Felcatty said:

@Med Amine Elhedhili the brightest red on Swoobat's face could have the saturation reduced more since it's really bright and makes the sprite look a little strange. There are also some outlines on the Swoobat's backsprite that are blue that need to be changed to red as well. Other than that it's not bad :) 

@Atticus Timburr's colours look fine to me, I think they work just as well. Unfortunately I don't have any ideas for Gurdurr, but it doesn't look all that bad.

Just my opinion.

thans for the tip, i edited the post, i did what you told me, how does the new sprites look :) ?

• Developers
On 3/3/2017 at 2:10 PM, foznkr said:

here are the backsprites

641b.png

641b_1.png

642b.png

642b_1.png

will take landorus

Approved.

On 3/3/2017 at 2:28 PM, Desaya said:

Yeah I agree on the drilbur line, actually I was already trying to do something better, but for the sake of updating ended posting those.

529.png  529b.png

530.png  530b.png

530 - Copy.png  530b - Copy.png

Maybe these are better, I'm kinda tired and can't seem to decide properly what to do with Excadrill so 2 options.

I like the blue and red a lot. Let's go with those. 

On 3/3/2017 at 3:33 PM, foznkr said:

draft for landorus

645.png

645_1.png

These look pretty good. Keep it up!

On 3/3/2017 at 4:35 PM, Alex said:

Sawsbuck and Deerling finished so you don't have to

585s.png585s_1.png585s_2.png585s_3.png

585sb.png585sb_1.png585sb_2.png585sb_3.png

586s.png586s_1.png586s_2.png586s_3.png

586sb.png586sb_1.png586sb_2.png586sb_3.png

Approved! Also that's a lot of sprites. Did you die?

On 3/3/2017 at 5:08 PM, DreamblitzX said:

Here's Bisharp and matching Pawniard with new body colour and backsprites.

624s5.png624sb.png

625s5.png625sb.png

I can now officially have claimed Karrablast, Escavalier, Shelmet and Accelgor

I've already pretty much done Escavaliers Half, but I'll probably upload them together.

(and sorry, It's probably gonna be more black)

BTW shouldn't Eelektross line be marked as completed now?

EDIT: In my spur of motivation, I did frontsprites. with 2 options for Accelgor

588s.png589s.png

616s.png617s.png617s2.png

EDIT 2: EDIT HARDER

Backsprites! (for both accelgor options too)

588sb.png589sb.png

616sb.png617sb.png617sb2.png

Not much left unclaimed, but I guess I'll take Kyurem and Scraggy/Scrafty if these are all ok.

Approved.

22 hours ago, WSGreen said:

I did two different Patrats and Watchhogs. One that is completely orange and one that is brown with a orange vest.

Shiny Watchog.png

These are kind of hard to see, would you mind resampling them to 2x res? 

22 hours ago, DeathBoo said:

I will unclaim Alomomola

I cant do it...

That's fine. Thanks for helping out anyway!

22 hours ago, Cyanna Cyril said:

I'm just posting to say that I'm still interesting in the Scolipede line, and will likely have some sprite done later on this weekend. Don't release my claim yet D:

Gotcha.

21 hours ago, Cool Girl said:

Alright. Here is Cubchoo. Beartic coming soon.

S3JpsyT.png    backsprite.png

EDIT: RIP the backsprite is not how it's suppose to show. Also, I looked in the backsprite folder of your link. Cubchoo is not there.

Rip. That's okay, I'll take things from here. 

20 hours ago, Felcatty said:

Yay managed to finish Frillish line so here we go:

Male

592s3.png592bs.png593s.png593bs.png

Female

592fs.png592fbs.png593fs.png593fbs.png

If these are alright I'd like to try the Archen line please.

These are absolutely beautiful. One of my favorites in this thread so far. Especially the female one. Great work!

19 hours ago, Alex said:

605s.png605sb.png

606s.png606sb.png

T-The claw???? Approved!

19 hours ago, Jmanultrax1 said:

update for the snivy line. There were two ways for servine so I did those

7X3xVjx.png

new2.pngnew2(2).png

new3.png

Let's go with the first Servine!

18 hours ago, Med Amine Elhedhili said:

I guess i did it, how do you like the new woobat/swoobat? if these are okay i'll move on to purrloin, i have some ideas for him that you'll like :D

sXwzDQI.png

527b.png

jbJ5UBl.png

528b.png

Looks good, but it looks like some of the blue was leftover from the original sprite. Don't worry, I'll take care of it myself. 

18 hours ago, Atticus said:

Ok, so, here's my draft for the Timburr line

PExhIVu.pngkATLg3e.pnghNtkfio.png

Conkeldurr turned out just the way I wanted. I think that Timburr needs some color correction (making it lighter) because the colors aren't working like they work on Gurdurr/Conkeldurr (or this may be just my imagination and Timburr is all right). I have no idea of what to do with the thing that Gurdurr is holding, it's really hard to make something there because it is diagonal. Anyway, accepting suggestions. If everything else fails, I'll just go with this one then.

These are really good! As for Gurdurr," I'm respecting your privacy by knocking, but asserting my authority by coming in anyway!"

c06db46310c24e5a8609c21aa0c9fcb7.png

lol. Maybe something like this? It's sort of similar to Conkeldurr, but we can make it different by making the circular part rectangular, and

adding a small design to it. 

5 hours ago, Trevore said:

"Bert and Ernie are cool, they're not faggots."

-My Dad, who said the most funniest thing to ever come from his words.

If that doesn't give it away, then this will:

Reveal hidden contents

Because so far, here is Bert and Ernie Sawk and Throh!  I'm still trying to find a way to color their striped shirts, but if there's anything I need to work on besides that, let me know.  I'm thinking of giving them colored aura after looking at Bert Sawk, but I don't know.  I also have to do something about Sawk's bottom part of his belt.

539s.png538s.png

You know... I kind of figured this is where these two would end up. These are fine, but the outlines on Sawk are kind of strange. The outline on the

torso are yellow, but the clothes are blue. It clashes a bit. Throh is fine. 

Small fact, Sawk and Throh are some of my least favorite pokemon. I just don't like them at all :s. That's coming from someone who likes a lot of 5th gen

designs. 

5 hours ago, Desaya said:

I like turtles.

564b.png  564.png

565.png  565b.png

A-okay. Approved. 

3 hours ago, Hycrox said:

...I forgot to submit these yesterday

599.png600.png601.png

wouldn't it be nice if any reference was this nice?

If this is okay, then I'll move on to the backsprites

EDIT: I finally had a decent idea for Stoutland:

508.png

I think the purple noses are little strange, but other than that I really like the time gear(?) design!

Also stoutland is pretty good! Keep it up! Would be interested in a version without the stars. We have a lot of those already tbh. 

11 minutes ago, Bluedodobob said:

Here's the Sesmitoad line 

Hide contents

535s.png535sb.png536s.png536sb.png537s.png537sb.png

And an Apple variant.

536s a.png537s a.png

And then there's the Unfezant line.

Hide contents

519s.png520s.png521s.png521sf.png

Backsprites will come later.

The tympole line is great. I can't really see the apple logo though tbh. It's kind of hidden. Anyway, if you don't want to bother making that better,

the original line is fine. 

Pidove's line is good too. 

15 minutes ago, Alex said:

Chestnuts:

597s.png597sb.png

598s.png598sb.png

Cool dragon thingy:

621s.png621sb.png

Approved!

24 minutes ago, DreamblitzX said:

Oh boy Jan is going to have a lot to get through when he gets back

It's normal at this point, haha. 

10 minutes ago, Felcatty said:

@Med Amine Elhedhili Looks nice, although there are still some blue outlines on the backsprite that need to be changed to pink, however that would also be my fault for not specifying. Sorry about that. You're doing fine, keep it up :D 

Just my opinion.

thanks for pointing that out :) i haven't noticed it, but i'm making good progress with spriting

7 minutes ago, Jan said:

Approved.

I like the blue and red a lot. Let's go with those. 

These look pretty good. Keep it up!

Approved! Also that's a lot of sprites. Did you die?

Approved.

These are kind of hard to see, would you mind resampling them to 2x res? 

That's fine. Thanks for helping out anyway!

Gotcha.

These are absolutely beautiful. One of my favorites in this thread so far. Especially the female one. Great work!

T-The claw???? Approved!

Let's go with the first Servine!

Looks good, but it looks like some of the blue was leftover from the original sprite. Don't worry, I'll take care of it myself. 

These are really good! As for Gurdurr," I'm respecting your privacy by knocking, but asserting my authority by coming in anyway!"

lol. Maybe something like this? It's sort of similar to Conkeldurr, but we can make it different by making the circular part rectangular, and

You know... I kind of figured this is where these two would end up. These are fine, but the outlines on Sawk are kind of strange. The outline on the

torso are yellow, but the clothes are blue. It clashes a bit. Throh is fine. 

Small fact, Sawk and Throh are some of my least favorite pokemon. I just don't like them at all :s. That's coming from someone who likes a lot of 5th gen

designs. 

A-okay. Approved. 

I think the purple noses are little strange, but other than that I really like the time gear(?) design!

Also stoutland is pretty good! Keep it up! Would be interested in a version without the stars. We have a lot of those already tbh. 

The tympole line is great. I can't really see the apple logo though tbh. It's kind of hidden. Anyway, if you don't want to bother making that better,

the original line is fine. 

Pidove's line is good too. 

Approved!

It's normal at this point, haha. 

@Jan i'm very sorry for the confusion, i got back my main account (this one) so i won't be using the othr one, as for the leftover blue, i'm sorry i haven't noticed, but i assure you i'll do mch better for purrloin/liepard, i thought of these colors, if you're okay i'll do the rest

509.png

Edited by Amine elhedhili

7 hours ago, Jan said:

Thanks a lot Jan, I did some touch ups with the female but I still have @Atticus to thank for giving me such great advice and tips to work with regarding the male :D 

So once again thank you Atticus.

I've also finished the Archen line and done 4 variants, I was going to post earlier but I kinda wanted to wait for Frillish to be confirmed and I didn't want to overwhelm you with sprites.

Once again here we go:

Spoiler

566s.png566bs.png567s.png567bs.png

566s2.png566bs2.png567s2.png567bs2.png

566s3.png566bs3.png567s3.png567bs3.png

Guess which weirdo had a lot of time yesterday XD

I just made another one since there are a lot of red sprites going around

566s4.png566bs4.png567s4.png567bs4.png

@Amine elhedhili No worries. About purloin though, the blue is quite bright and also clashes with the white/grey eyes, and the shading is a little hard to see. Try darkening the blue a bit or swapping the white and grey. Don't forget to keep the outline consistent as well but don't worry too much, keep practicing more and I know you will be able to do it. The sprite is pretty with with blue btw. :D 

Here's an example of what you could do using your colours:

purloin.png509s2.png(They're not perfect either so we're both still learning :))

Edited by Felcatty

Just now, Felcatty said:

Thanks a lot Jan, I did some touch ups with the female but I still have @Atticus to thank for giving me such great advice and tips to work with regarding the male :D 

I've also finished the Archen line and done 3 variants, I was going to post earlier but I kinda wanted to wait for Frillish to be confirmed and I didn't want to overwhelm you with sprites.

Once again here we go:

Reveal hidden contents

566s.png566bs.png567s.png567bs.png

566s2.png566bs2.png567s2.png567bs2.png

566s3.png566bs3.png567s3.png567bs3.png

Guess which weirdo had a lot of time yesterday XD

@Amine elhedhili No worries. About purloin though, the blue is quite bright and also clashes with the white/grey eyes, and the shading is a little hard to see. Don't forget to keep the outline consistent as well but don't worry too much, keep practicing more and I know you will be able to do it. The sprite is pretty with with blue btw. :D 

Here's an example of what you could do using your colours:

purloin.png509s2.png(They're not perfect either so we're both still learning :))

thanks, i'll come up with a good kind of blue, and i'll make the grey a bit darker so it can be seen^^

Just now, Jan said:

...oh my

okay, let's try this ~

Just now, Felcatty said:

Np dude, we're all here to learn tbh.

On March 3, 2017 at 4:40 PM, Cool Girl said:

Alright. Here is Cubchoo. Beartic coming soon.

S3JpsyT.png    backsprite.png

EDIT: RIP the backsprite is not how it's suppose to show. Also, I looked in the backsprite folder of your link. Cubchoo is not there.

In that case, I'll do Beartic.