Gen 4 - Shiny Thread | Public Development

Jan

Thanks for your suggestion @Atticus! No, I don't use pink filter. I take the color from Route 2 tileset in Graphics/Tileset folder and working on it from there. I have experimented with white before and I'm quite worried that the result will be too similar with regular Abomasnow. I guess I'll give it a try again. Like these then?

amfdQGn.pngH3THc5x.png97gsymK.pngrytdpth.png

rDuVljK.pngdwWU62f.pngtLMkUU3.pngn4UKP39.png

Also little edit to the red part of my Toge-line.

Spoiler

yl2esxm.pngsX0yxTG.png29mp8oF.png

gyFvylv.pngwXSaFJ2.pngEL7lR0U.png

I want to add some backstories/description on Toge-line about why I choose their color that way here but I don't think that's fair so I'll pass on that.

Edited by Phi-Bi

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It's been a while, but here is Mamoswine!

Spoiler

Male:
tov1kzX.png0O8OrHk.png
Female:
dwVHsjw.png1gDCg0w.png

Although, I'm not completely happy with these turned out, but I couldn't think of a way to make it look better while still matching the pre-evolutions, so I also did this:

Spoiler

Swinub:
GyIfd02.pngx6e3cen.png

Piloswine (Male):

QOJwt5p.pngOicZjdU.png

Piloswine (Female):
RmT8pqv.pngAHuEN30.png
Mamoswine (Male):
HWVsXl0.pngHoSSwXc.png

Mamoswine (Female):

0qFqLNL.pngyNRMVm1.png

Let me know which one you prefer!

2 hours ago, Korvpizza said:

Reveal hidden contents

Male:
tov1kzX.png0O8OrHk.png
Female:
dwVHsjw.png1gDCg0w.png

Although, I'm not completely happy with these turned out, but I couldn't think of a way to make it look better while still matching the pre-evolutions, so I also did this:

Hide contents

Swinub:
GyIfd02.pngx6e3cen.png

Piloswine (Male):

QOJwt5p.pngOicZjdU.png

Piloswine (Female):
RmT8pqv.pngAHuEN30.png
Mamoswine (Male):
HWVsXl0.pngHoSSwXc.png

Mamoswine (Female):

0qFqLNL.pngyNRMVm1.png

second for sure. The color scheme looks cool (pun intended).

1 hour ago, Phi-Bi said:

Thanks for your suggestion @Atticus! No, I don't use pink filter. I take the color from Route 2 tileset in Graphics/Tileset folder and working on it from there. I have experimented with white before and I'm quite worried that the result will be too similar with regular Abomasnow. I guess I'll give it a try again. Like these then?

Hide contents

I want to add some backstories/description on Toge-line about why I choose their color that way here but I don't think that's fair so I'll pass on that.

Yeah, I know that you didn't use a pink filter, but it looked like you used :^)

This version is much better tbh.

5 hours ago, Atticus said:

Also, @Hycrox I LOVE YOUR NEW AVATAR DSKJFH

Meap :]

On a related note I'm thinking about doing a Meap-esque sprite for a certain Gen 5 mon

Edited by Hycrox

• Developers
8 hours ago, Phi-Bi said:

Reveal hidden contents

This is much much better, but there are some things that need color correcting. Something more along the lines of this would be better:

Vfrc0Ro.png

8 hours ago, Korvpizza said:

Reveal hidden contents

Male:
tov1kzX.png0O8OrHk.png
Female:
dwVHsjw.png1gDCg0w.png

Reveal hidden contents

Swinub:
GyIfd02.pngx6e3cen.png

Piloswine (Male):

QOJwt5p.pngOicZjdU.png

Piloswine (Female):
RmT8pqv.pngAHuEN30.png
Mamoswine (Male):
HWVsXl0.pngHoSSwXc.png

Mamoswine (Female):

0qFqLNL.pngyNRMVm1.png

I think I may used the snow Mamo line. It looks really nice and it's different. So let's go with this. The person who made the past line will still receive credit

for this, as well as you of course. 

3 hours ago, DreamblitzX said:

Finally got round to doing something, so here's a sky forme for this shaymin option.

492s3.png492s_1.png

This is really pretty tbh. All I need now are backsprites. 

• Global Mods

Feel free to touch up the ears a bit on sky, I think the orange/yellow could maybe be shaped a bit better? I might have a go too. Will try do backs tomorrow, or if not sometime in the next few days.

I see that Bidoof and Cranidos will soon have the opportunity to be claimed. So I did the following for fun (I actually don't have any ideas for them and just wanted to test some colour combos out). Feedback is most appreciated.

Spoiler

399s.png400s_1.png

Also I am a jerk to Bibarels (those that love or have an attachment to bibarel should probably not open the spoiler)

Spoiler

400s_3.png 

Inspired by my friend who keeps giving me bidoof she nicknames 'DELETE ME.' This was meant as a joke for people like me and my friend who only use the Bidoof line as HM slaves and nothing more. Note: I don't hate this pokemon, I am just paying homage to this pokemon's usefulness to learn (nearly) all HM moves. Ok I've had my fun, I couldn't pass up doing this and I did a terrible job.

I've also touched up @ycoder321's Cranidos with a darker outline (I hope you don't mind :P)...and did rampardos with their colourations as well.

408s_yc.png409s_yc.png

and then I did one myself with dark colours

Spoiler

408s.png409s.png

I would love feedback regarding the dark colours actually, I think this is the first time I've used dark colours that weren't solid greyscale colours so I'd love some thoughts and opinions :)

Again, just for fun 'cause I couldn't help myself

1GrjsWt.pngTZxzD0v.pngPoZ3rzV.png460_1.png

1hNBLMZ.pngADy7yoS.pngrBEmQUA.pngtwtqSkn.png

Hopefully these fix the line. It looks like that my lighting taste is too contrast ^^'

@Felcatty I love that Bibarel tbh (yay for Bibarel slavery). Dark Rampardos looks so good although your color choice makes it looks like a Shadow Pokemon (like Shadow Lugia), which is contrast to what it means to be 'shiny'.

Edited by Phi-Bi

12 hours ago, Felcatty said:

I see that Bidoof and Cranidos will soon have the opportunity to be claimed. So I did the following for fun (I actually don't have any ideas for them and just wanted to test some colour combos out). Feedback is most appreciated.

Hide contents

399s.png400s_1.png

Also I am a jerk to Bibarels (those that love or have an attachment to bibarel should probably not open the spoiler)

Reveal hidden contents

400s_3.png 

Inspired by my friend who keeps giving me bidoof she nicknames 'DELETE ME.' This was meant as a joke for people like me and my friend who only use the Bidoof line as HM slaves and nothing more. Note: I don't hate this pokemon, I am just paying homage to this pokemon's usefulness to learn (nearly) all HM moves. Ok I've had my fun, I couldn't pass up doing this and I did a terrible job.

I've also touched up @ycoder321's Cranidos with a darker outline (I hope you don't mind :P)...and did rampardos with their colourations as well.

408s_yc.png409s_yc.png

Reveal hidden contents

408s.png409s.png

I would love feedback regarding the dark colours actually, I think this is the first time I've used dark colours that weren't solid greyscale colours so I'd love some thoughts and opinions :)

well thanks? XD i made them last night and just didnt upload them because i fell asleep, but they are identicall soooooooooo *shrug*

• Developers
On 2/19/2017 at 4:56 AM, Phi-Bi said:

1GrjsWt.pngTZxzD0v.pngPoZ3rzV.png460_1.png

1hNBLMZ.pngADy7yoS.pngrBEmQUA.pngtwtqSkn.png

Hopefully these fix the line. It looks like that my lighting taste is too contrast ^^'

@Felcatty I love that Bibarel tbh (yay for Bibarel slavery). Dark Rampardos looks so good although your color choice makes it looks like a Shadow Pokemon (like Shadow Lugia), which is contrast to what it means to be 'shiny'.

Approved!

On 2/19/2017 at 10:05 AM, MakaTorracat said:

Burmy Line is complete :D

Reveal hidden contents

Spoiler because so many sprites lol

412s.png412bs.png413s.png413bs.png

412_1s.png412b_1s.png413_1s.png413b_1s.png

412_2s.png412b_2s.png413_2s.png413b_2s.png

414s.png414bs.png

Approved!

Reveal hidden contents

399s.png400s_1.png

Reveal hidden contents

400s_3.png 

408s_yc.png409s_yc.png

Reveal hidden contents

408s.png409s.png

I quite like the dark Rampardos. Backsprites pls. 

@rentalrafflesia Last call for the Bidoof line!

@Jan Aren't you going to use @ycoder321's sprites since they were the original claimer, I made the cranidos and rampardos based off of their colours first but since the sprites were so similar to what they did, they didn't post the sprites. I don't want take away their claim just like that :(

• Developers
1 hour ago, KmK said:

Got rid of the blood.

Darkrai 1.png

I'm working on the backsprite, sorry that it's taking so long, but I've been super busy.

I will finish it this week.

This is really pretty! 

18 minutes ago, Hycrox said:

Well, I updated some of my older sprites just now:

280.png281.png282.png282_1.png475.png475_1.png

280b.png281b.png282b.png282b_1.png475b.png475b_1.png

(sorry about the Mega Gallade backsprite still having the background, I can't fix it :[)

More updates coming SOONTM

Looking good. I'll get rid of the white bg.

6 minutes ago, Felcatty said:

@Jan Aren't you going to use @ycoder321's sprites since they were the original claimer, I made the cranidos and rampardos based off of their colours first but since the sprites were so similar to what they did, they didn't post the sprites. I don't want take away their claim just like that :(

Theirs were fine, but I really prefer the Dark Rampardos. They're still going to get credit for working on it either way. 

I am back :)

I saw that @foznkr finished toxicroak, thank you for that

Here is Croagunk

Spoiler

Male:

453_4.png453b_2.png

Female:

453f_2.png453fb_2.png

For those who didnt notice, I based this line on the rainforest frogs, they have such colours and are extremely toxic (there are a lot of colours, from red, to yellow, and orange too...)

I will try to finish dusknoir, I think I will use thyplosion flames to do it (not sure how it will turn out)

By the way, I like @Atticus croagunk line too, but I think croagunk needs a different colour than black/purple/blue. Because if we look at natures toxic animals they have strong colours, because they dont need to hide themselves. And that is what I wanted to do with this line, but you may be right that I used too many colours

Edited by Anti_Hero

• Developers
On 2/19/2017 at 4:32 AM, Felcatty said:

Hide contents

399s.png400s_1.png

Reveal hidden contents

400s_3.png 

408s_yc.png409s_yc.png

Reveal hidden contents

408s.png409s.png

On 2/21/2017 at 2:48 AM, Korvpizza said:

I noticed that the Drifloon line was in yellow, if Sarun doesn't update soon, could I take them please?

Released both claims. Korv, Drifloon is yours. 

And Felcatty, could I get backsprites of your green Bidoof? I think the slave one is cool, but probably in poor taste lol. 

• Developers
2 minutes ago, Hycrox said:

Uhm, did you save the absols Jan?

Yeah, don't worry. I did. Focusing more on finishing this thread because I want to move on tbh.