[IC] TotMV:G2: Jak and Daxter Subplot: Grassweed Forest.

Hal Henderics

--Jade--

Jade is able to splatter a staircase onto the walls, but the way forward is still barred, as seen previously, it is blocked by a metal plate.

--Alexandria--

Alexandria Leaps down, a crack of electricity strikes her, but the membrane of electric energy pops like a soap bubble, and she crashes down into the darkness.

(20, 4) Teleporting back to the surface, Alexandria's Galvinium armor seems to have reacted with the imitative teleporting energy, it gets smaller, but not denser, the plating seems to be just as durable as it was before, but seems "Deeper" as best her scans can tell.

Boon: Extraspacial Plating: The user's Armor has been shunted partially in another direction, boosting RES by 3 as more space is freed up without consequences.

This boon lasts for one plot, but can be refreshed by staying off one plot, giving time to return and refresh the effect.

--Gary--

Gary Succeeds in crafting a fishing rod, just as a bolt of lightning strikes him, he hears a Loud crash and then, he is suddenly back at the top.  His table, which he placed down, is trashed nearby.

• Replies 396
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Ahh! what just happened!" Gary yelled in surprise as the scene around him suddenly changed from the dark depths of the temple to the light outdoors. looking around he noticed the Golem-like female near by, "Thanks... whats your name again? I don't recall you ever introducing yourself, then again my memory has failed me before..."

"Ah.  My apologies.  I am Alexandria.  It has been a pleasure to work with you,"  Alexandria attempts to press forward, assuming that she can without breaking stuff or falling again.  The conveyer belts might move faster than she can walk.

Jade O'Duffle

"I wonder whats taking everyone so long..." Jade mumbles to himself. He wonders how he'll get rid on the plating on the door then he sees the pure black eco and green eco and comes up with an idea. He'll cover himself in a coat of the green jelly before picking up the black goop and throwing it at the door. Hopefully it'll corrode the plating on the door.

Covers Himself in the green globs before picking up some black globs and throwing it at the metal plates on the door

--Gary+Alexandria+Jade--

Alexandria makes it to the other side as well, and witnesses a Glowing Green Blob Monster throwing Dark Eco at a Door high above the two of you.

Jade, meanwhile, hears a loud and threatening clanking from behind, shocking him as he slips on the goop and flings the Dark Eco Sky High.  A hole in the ceiling is opened, and Jade isn't sure if this is even remotely intentional or not.

Alexandria tromps over to the door, smashes any ordinary materials blocking the door with ease.  This accomplished, she attempts to lift, pull aside, smash in, or otherwise force the door to perform its primary function.  Should brute force fail to be effective (such a novel occasion), she will attempt to find a weakness or mechanism to manipulate or hack and open the door that way.

"Ah! Slime!" Gary screamed in an unusually high-pitched voice as he threw an Enderpearl close to where Alexandria was in an attempt to get to a safer location...

Throw Enderpearl

Jade O'Duffle

"Slime?" Jade questioned, after Gary's reaction to seeing him. He looks at himself and remebers that he's covered in the stuff. But why not have some fun with them for a little bit. "I don't see no slime that you should be getting scared about. Not like the the machine is just gonna make a talking slime monster that'll kill you. That'd just be ridiculous."

Mitsurugi, after observing the patterns of the movement of the orbs and such in the central room, decides to test her agility; weaving through these obstacles should be nothing to someone who can fly and has spent much time sword fighting and dodging danmaku. 

--Gary+Alexandria+Jade--

Alexandria Rips apart everything in her path, opening up the second Antechamber, This room is dilapidated, and covered in a viney moss, The only parts of it not covered in this moss are either bare metal or shallow puddles of glowing lime green liquid.

(2, 7) Gary, using an ender pearl, throws himself in the way of Alexandria's Assault, taking 10 Damage from a brutal and mistaken blow, sadly, even deified machine reflexes are just barely too slow for trumping actually instant transportation.

At the other end of the room is a Cracked Pipe, spewing Green Eco, Lime Liquid, and is connected to an inactive Vent.  There are 3 Masses of Vines scattered around the room.

The room seems very humid.

--Mitsu--

(4, 11) Mitsu's skill and speed allow her to make it across, but at a heavy cost, several of the orbs batter her form, dealing 6 Damage, but in addition, the Orbs being Disturbed causes an unsettling reaction in the surrounding energy, the room gets much hotter.

Ritsu goes over to the newly cleared path where she finds the room of vines. She takes a few passing glances, then scans the masses of vines to see if anything is behind or in them.

"Oh my- Gary!  Are you alright?" Alexandria immediately starts searching for injuries, "Are you functional enough to provide a damage report?  How many conduits are leaking?  What is the extent of your strut damage?  How good are your self-repair systems?  Can you even still understand what I am saying?"

"O-ow... yea, I should be fine...." Gary near-grunted through his teeth as he picked himself up, "It was purely my fault.. I need to learn to be more careful  with my teleportation..."

Looking down at what was now obviously Jade covered in green gaak, Gary scratched the back of his head in embarrassment, "well, maybe I should look a bit more closely before I assume the identity of things around me... sorry Jade... as for slime monsters that can kill you... come to where I live for about a day...".

Jade O'Duffle

Jade shakes off the goop covering him. "Don't worry about me Gary, not many people could take a punch like that. I'm impressed." He patted him on the shoulder before pointing the the green goop being produced. "That stuff is actually processed green eco. I imagine using it could help patch up those wounds. Worth giving it a try I reckon."

Kino

Kino, having been distracted to appease to Enma's sensing of various lost souls in the vicinity -- partially out of need for the two siblings to spend some alone time -- wanders around and rejoins Mitsu; with the aid of her brethren of souls she barely manages to endure the obstacle course (her souls can meld with her grant her a relatively powerful resistance/amnesia-esque reaction to pain, but does not protect against physical injury; consider her having sprained a limb or two in the process), sensing the increased heat in the room as she arrives. 

"What's going on, Mitsurugi-san?" She asked.

Nee-san, is it me, or is it really hot here?

That's what I'm trying to find out. 

"Thank goodness.  I already have too many accidental injuries on my conscience," Alexandria attempts to take a sample of and analyze the green liquid.  If it's useful, she'll add some hard-light bottles of it to her collection.  Then, she looks for any mechanisms, doors or traps we could use to progress/need to avoid.

Mitsu, having entered the central chamber, presses a button, causing the temple to be fully activated.

With the Power Cells and Precursor Orbs that everyone has, The Portal is completed, and the players are able to access an area far more dangerous.

1y24uGg.png

Surrounding them is a plain of rocks and death, nothing living save for small weeds can thrive in this hellhole.  Monsters prowl around every single corner.

"We won't be able to do anything until we make this area secure.  I need to be able to keep the portal running, and you all need to find the Precursor Temple, so we need to keep the Metalheads away from the portal for a long period of time.  I'll leave the 'How' of that up to you all."

Everyone Takes one Level, gaining the EXP needed to ascend.

Slow Combat Engaged! (All actions may be taken, and the enemy both attacks less often and is unlikely to be killed successfully.)

Combat Screen

Spoiler

Jade: 38/38 HP

Gary: 38/38 HP

Kino: 50/50 HP

Ritsu: 38/38 HP

Mitsu: 45/45 HP

Alexandria: 36/36 HP

All the Fauna: ???/???

Edited by Hal Henderics

Jade O'Duffle

Jade readies his revolver, making sure it's fully loaded with basic rounds. "Secure the area, huh? I say we go with the classic 'shoot every monster we see' route. Any objections?" Jade asks everyone before engaging combat, making sure they're willing and able to fight.

Alexandria deploys her Hard-Light Barrier and starts taunting enemies close for the other party members to dispatch.  Better to prepare for a long slog; bug hunts always take a while.

Mitsurugi leaps upward to get a better view of the surrounding area. Once she's looked around a bit, she picks the target that looks to be the best combination of "far away from the rest of the party" and "close to the temple" and attacks it with a few simple sword strikes.

Jade Begins Combat, readying his revolver.

Mitsu flies up high, (1d20+Int V Check = 8+2 V 10) She sees something in the distance, and begins to fly towards it, carving a swath through any creatures she finds. (2d3+12=18) She is a Goddess of Pure Devestation, Metaphorically speaking, and enemies fall like wheat before her blade.  If any goddess of death still lived from her world, they would feel an inexplicable twinge of jealousy, as Mitsu more than earns blood from her foes, dealing 18 Damage to the Fauna with a basic attack.

Mitsu kills several monsters, obtaining 3 Metal Gems, 1 Metalhead Exoskeleton, and 1 Corrupt Bone.

She is getting closer to the unknown thing in the distance.

Metal Gem: A Yellow Gemstone taken from a Metalhead, it hums with energy.

Metalhead Exoskeleton: A metal Shell taken from a Metalhead, it is made strangely advanced material.

Corrupt Bone: A long Femur covered in glowing purple lines,  The end has been broken off, and it emits a small jet of dark eco.

Alexandria summons a Hard Light Shield, using it to defend allies and the Portal.

The Doctor nods, going back through the portal to get camping supplies and research equipment.

The Local Fauna is frightened off for now, and does not attack.

Combat Screen

Hide contents

Jade: 38/38 HP

Gary: 38/38 HP

Kino: 50/50 HP

Ritsu: 38/38 HP

Mitsu: 45/45 HP

Alexandria: 36/36 HP

All the Fauna: ???-18/???