[IC] TotMV:G2: Jak and Daxter Subplot: Grassweed Forest.

Hal Henderics

• Replies 396
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jade O'Duffle (25/38 HP, 5/6 Pyro Rounds)

Jade became furious after the bug got muck all over his precious hat. He's had that hat for ages now and to see it in such a sorry state saddened him beyond belief. "There are a couple a things in this world that you just don't mess with...ONE OF THOSE THINGS IS MY HAT!" He voiced his anger at the bug even though it probably couldn't understand his speech. "You'd with you hadn't done that you insect." He then fires a bullet at the queen once more, once again aiming for her face.

Aim to Kill with Pyro Rounds on Dark Vespiquen

Kino and Enma

Noticing that the Hives had been destroyed before she could assist, Enma rejoins her slightly damaged sister's side, as Kino and Enma attack the Dark Vespiquen with their respective Basic Attacks. (Bond with the Dead, Last Rites)

Mitsu attacks with a basic attack, and dealing (2d3+12+18=3+12+18=33) 33 Damage!

(9794) Mitsu is splashed with Dark Eco Blood, taking 5 damage, and becoming Deafened for (1d6=6) 6 Turns! Only shouts can be heard by her!

Jade uses Aim to Kill, Firing Pyro Rounds at the Vespiquen, and dealing (1d6+5+2=5+5+2=12) 12 Damage!

Ritsu Tazes the Vespiquen, dealing (1d4+4=2+4=6) 6 Damage, and (31) Reducing the Vespiquen's next attacks to 50% effectiveness!

Black Blood Splashes on Ritsu, (3888) Ritsu's paint takes on a shade of red tint, crossing rivers will cause them to turn blood red.

The Vespiquen Calls out, and it's servants respond, slathering it with green eco, and restoring (35) (3d10=18/2) 9 Health!

Enma and Kino attack with their basic attacks, Dealing (2d4+5+2+3+5=6+5+2+3+5=21) 21 Damage! and restoring 6 Health to Kino!

Enma gets splashed with more Dark Goop, (634) she can no longer be frightened by any earthly creature!.. She feels exactly the same, presumably...

Vespiquen fores a slug of precursor metal at (2) Jade, dealing (2d12=18/2) 9 Damage!

Vespiquen's Next Turn

! ! ! W A R N I N G ! ! !

The Vespiquen takes (1d4+8=1+9=10) 10 damage from bleeding.

Combat Screen:

Hide contents

(19) Mitsu: 45/40 HP (Deaf: 6 Turns)

(9) Jade: 38/16 HP

(-) Dark Vespiquen: 350/195 (Bleeding: Take 1d4+9 Damage per turn) 1 Turns (Stung) 3 Turns

-Enma: 19/19 HP (Fearless: Forever)

(8) Kino: 50/50 HP

(-) Dark Vespiquen: 350/195 (Bleeding: Take 1d4+8 Damage per turn) 1 Turns (Stung) 3 Turns

(7) Ritsu: 38/35 HP

--Alexandria--

Alexandria hucks a boulder at it, smashing it away.  This does 10 damage, and also throws it back over the horizon.

It is charging Again, back into range.

Hide contents

Trespasser Possessed War Metal Head: ???/???-10

Alexandria: 66/66

Edited by Hal Henderics

Seeing as that rock didn't make much of an impact, Alexandria figures that this 'metalhead' probably has some solid armor.  So she deploys her heavy pulse gatling and sends a barrage of armor-disintegrating pulse bolts down-range at the creature.

Edited by DragonRage

Jade O'Duffle (16/38 HP, 4/6 Pyro Rounds)

"Just be careful not to squish yourself." Jade tells Mitsurugi before stepping back and opening the bottle he had filled with green eco from before and using the green substance it to patch some wounds. 

Use the Green Eco in the Bottle

"So long as nobody else ends up under that rock, I see no issues," Ritsu responds in a more mechanical voice then the one she usually speaks with. The lion form she takes shifts around a few parts here and there, causing a slight shift in voice. Still, now that she was like this, she could truly pounce on her prey.

Prey on the Weak for [3d4+9+(11.7*(number of statuses inflicted [currently 2, round in whatever way is standard]))]

Kino and Enma

UGH! Even her sister could not fault Enma for her tantrum. Shambled as she already was, even Kino would not acquiesce to the prospect of being drenched in a substance that vile. I don't want to fight this thing anymore! 

The sooner we end it, the lesser you have to deal with it, Kino answered, with amusement that for once, Enma did not want to enjoy the fun that she always did with their kin of spiritual brethren. 

Kino half begrudgingly, half-vengefully assaults the Vespiquen with her basic attack, as Enma summons yet another swarm of Death's Breath. 

Mitsu flies up and begins pushing at the giant slab, shifting it towards the bee below...

With a loud grinding noise, the Vespiquen turns, shrieking in agony as the noise overwhelms it.

Finally, the slablet tips over, and falls town, tumbling in the air towards it...

T H E M E _ O V E R R I D E

*CRASH*

The Queen is impaled by the Jagged edges of the Gargantuan slablet, and positively SCREAMS in the purest and most vile rage and agony.  It takes 100 Damage from this.

Everyone but Mitsu takes (1d4=1) 1 Damage.

Jade Heals himself with Green Eco, regaining 5 Health!

Furious assault: Deal 1d20 Pure Damage to All Players, Ignoring all effects. The Boss also takes this damage.  This can only be used once.

The Vispiquen Lashes out in it's Death Throes, dealing:

(1d20=18) 18 Damage to Mitsu, a limb from the thrashing monster flying up and lashing across her body!

(1d20=3) 3 Damage to Jade, a splash of acidic blood catching them in the chest!

(1d20=9) 9 Damage to Enma, a swing of it's powerful limbs catching her off guard!

(1d20=17) 17 Damage to Kino, a full body tackle from it sending her flying back!

(1d20=18) 18 Damage to Ritsu, it's stinger nearly missing impaling her!

(1d20=18) And 18 Damage to the Dark Vespiquen itself, it's mad thrashing ripping it's body apart!

It's flailing leaves it blinded and mad.

Enma attacks with her basic attack, dealing (3+8=12) damage!

Kino uses Death's Breath, dealing (2d4+5=4+5=9) 9 Damage, and preventing it from acting!

[3d4+9+(11.7*

Ritsu uses "Prey on the Weak", Dealing (3d4+9+(11.7*4)=11+9+(11.7*4)=20+(11.7*4)=67) 67 Damage!!!

The Vespiquen Dissolves into Black Muck.

Combat Screen: (FINAL RESULT)

Hide contents

(19) Mitsu: (Deaf: 5 Turns)

(9) Jade:

(-) Dark Vespiquen:  (Bleeding: Take 1d4+9 Damage per turn) 1 Turns (Stung) 2 Turns (Dying) (Death's Breath)

-Enma: (Fearless: Forever)

(8) Kino:

(-) Dark Vespiquen: (Bleeding: Take 1d4+8 Damage per turn) 1 Turns (Stung) 2 Turns (Dying) (Death's Breath)

(7) Ritsu:

LOOT TALLY

Precursor Slablet: A Giant Broken Slab, covered in intricate Blueprints.

6 Vespiquen Clone Stingers: Barbed Thorns taken from corrupt Tresspasser Spawn, When used, deal 1d6 damage to a target, and if it deals damage, poison the target for 1d6 damage per turn for 3 turns.

Black Wax: A Strange Beeswax that once clogged the rails.  It has a honeycomb full of blue eco inside, and the wax itself seems to absorb energy, creating a dark aura as it absorbs light, and a cold sensation as it absorbs heat. When used, the user gains 3 Dex for 2 Turns, and Their Cooldowns lower by a free turn as the energy flowing through them increases their speed and energizes their bodies and tools.

100 Precursor Orbs

(As Much as you can justify Carrying.) Explosive Honeycomb: A Honeycomb full of Glowing Red Energy, the size of a person's torso, when thrown, deal 5d6 damage once.

(As Much as you can justify Carrying.) Black Acid: A Liquid Honey suffused with Dark Eco.  The user has -10 MHP while this is in their inventory.  When used, reduce a Target’s Con and RES by 2 for the remainder of combat.

Dark Blaster: The skulls of the Metal Bugs, wearing one over your hand lets you fire them with a pulse of energy.

Description: A short description of what the item is.

Type: Weapon

Damage: 0d0+Syn

Minimum Stats: 1 Syn

Weight: 1

SYN Threshold/Bonus:

Special Qualities: This weapon deals 1d6 pure damage to a chosen target when used.

(As Much as you can justify Carrying.) Black Larvae: Bee Larvae Produced by the Dark Vespiquen Clone, they are as large as a small dog, and wriggle madly. Maybe they can be used for something.  They will die soon without proper care.

Bad Dream: A mysterious sphere, made with Dream Magic, brought into reality. It's uses are wholly unknown, It possesses the Dark Vespiquen's Data.

--Alexandria--

Alexandria gets totally Cockblocked, as the Monster's Head Suddenly EXPLODES in a violent conflaguration of gore.

The Sand Shark Looks Surprised.

Hide contents

Trespasser Possessed War Metal Head:

Alexandria:

LOOT TALLY

War Metal Head Carcass: When Used, Grant (Int+1d4+Crafting Station Bonus) Random Materials/Items.

Edited by Hal Henderics

"That shall do," Ritsu remarks as she transforms back into her human form, doing a bit of maintenance work to deal with the injuries she sustained. Glancing at the remains of the creature, she finds some of the wax that she found earlier, along with some honeycombs and orbs. Taking the wax, 2 honeycombs, and about 25 orbs, Ritsu notices some of the larvae present. Considering the fact that taking some may lead to another one of these creatures spawning, the potential payoff could be quite nice. Deciding that it's worth a shot, Ritsu manages to contain one of the larvae. Taking one more glance before she departs, she notices a mysterious sphere. Curious, she took the [Bad Dream] and went back to Lua Da's lab.

After a bit of travel, Ritsu arrived back at the lab and to Lua. "Excuse me, but I have a few things I'd like to get taken care of. One of which involving some of these," Ritsu starts by displaying the wax and the two sets of honeycombs. "Some of these have some explosive properties, but I'll get to those later. The honeycombs with this black wax has some rather curious properties, and I was wondering if I could integrate them into some device. I have a fair amount of precursor orbs and a power cell to use, so if something is workable, let me know," Ritsu finishes, hoping that something could be made from what she has.

Edited by Zetaark

"Oh, oh my! These are intriguing!"

"Well, what devices do you believe you might need?"

"Uhh, a few things off the top of my head, A gun that shoots these, a gun that shoots other things, jump boots, maybe a training robot? Oh! you are a machine, I could make repair paste from the wax itself, or maybe synthesize a wax coating that could be applied to your chassis, or another device?"

"I could Upgrade the Rail Rider as well, using some of these materials, or upgrade something of yours?"

"Oh, in addition, I could use those materials to make you some Rail Portals, so you have some in reserve to lock to world locations once I make the Prime Portal Rail?"

"Jump boots? That sounds...interesting at the very least. I personally don't really use guns, though an associate of mine was a good shot. But in general, something that can replicate the effects of this wax to some degree would fit the bill. As nice as the jump boots idea sounds, I'm not sure how they'll handle on my transformations. Hmm..." Ritsu pauses, her tail swaying a bit as she thinks about what form she wants her new equipment to take. "Perhaps some sort of accelerator device? Something that could boost the overall speed of myself and my actions. I'm not sure exactly what form that would take, but something that can function like that would be nice," Ritsu finally decides.

She hmms and haas to herself.

She sketches something up.

"Something like this?"

She shows off the diagram, it demonstrates a backpack with a small hopper.

"It can turn most advanced organic materials into a coating that can increase your speed drastically by reducing wind resistance and infusing you with Blue Eco!"

The device appears to turn Complex Materials like Healing Potions into items which speed mechanical beings up in various ways.

Jade O'Duffle

As the queen bug was impaled and soon defeated Jade spun his revolver before putting it back in it's scabbard. "We did good today everyone. Let's grab what we came for and head back." He spoke before heading over to where the stone tablet was and picked it up. He also picked up what seemed like an equal portion of precursor orbs lying there. Also some of those honeycombs and wax maybe useful. Unfortunately the acid from the bug seemed to have gotten inside his grass pouch and all the grass was either already wilted or is now soaked in acid. He dumped it out and filled his pouch with some of the honey combs and the wax

Picked up:

25 Precursor Orbs

Precursor Slablet

3 Honey Combs

1 Black Wax

Once everyone was ready to go he headed back through the portal and back to the lab where he set the Slabet on a relatively empty table. "Alright Lass, here's what you asked for. I hope you can make good use out of it." He spoke to Lua Da tipping his soggy hat to her. Honestly he needed to fix up his hat. It was worn before but this is just ridiculous. "I hope you don't mind but I'm gonna use your lab for some tinkering." Jade spoke to her before taking the orbs he had, some power cells, and some yellow eco and starting tinkering with his hat. After a bit of work his hat looked rejuvenated and filled with new life. It was also integrated with precursor technology and had a glowing yellow indent in the front of the hat. Apparently he had integrated a plasma blast system within the hat. But he didn't stop there, with some left over orbs he had from before he took some green eco from her workshop and made a new type of ammunition for his gun. If it worked properly, which it should then he should be able to heal his allies with it.

Crafting:

Hat of the Precursors:
Description: This worn cowboy hat has been enhanced with ancient technology, breathing new life into a beloved accessory.
Type: Armor
Res: +3
Weight: 6
Str Penalty: 1
Special Qualities:
Yellow Eco Infusion:  The yellow eco contained within this hat grants the wearer +3 to their synergy.  If they have at least 8 intelligence, it also adds a 1d6 damage plasma blast to their basic attacks.

-------

Healing/Green Eco Rounds: (8 Int Required) Turn half damage delt into healing instead. Does no Damage, only healing.

Alexandria takes the metalhead corpse, samples of each color of eco, and the 10 precursor metal orbs she has, as well as every scrap of usable material she can collect in a reasonable amount of time.  She then attempts to use this to create an Integrated Systems armor piece or bauble that will ideally grant her some form of self-sustain.  She's always going to be dependent on mechanics for support to some extent, but it's best to lighten their load whenever possible.

A familiar blackness surrounds Gary once again. The beings are talking about him again.

"I believe he is going to live."

"Then why is he still asleep?"

"He is in pain."

"If only he knew the secrets of ^$*(@"

"You know he can't understand ^$*(@, right?"

"Not for now."

There is a pause when the both actively notice that Gary is able to intrude on this conversation.

"Wake up."

Gary awakes and finds the battle is over.

"... what is with these dreams?..."

Gary heads back through the portal

after reaching the other side of the portal, Gary walks off into the forest a short distance, and begins to obtain resource for later

Gary attempts to break tall grass (Seeds, maybe Minicio?).

Gary attempts to cut down several trees (wood, saplings, maybe apples?).

Gary attempts to mine (Cobblestone, Granite, Diorite, Andisite, Coal, maybe Iron, maybe Gold?)

(Still waiting on Murdoc's Deliberation for The Precursor Hat and War Metal Head Armor)

Lua Da nods to Ritsu and Jade, and taking Materials off of Ritsu's Hands, she begins work, eventually granting the objects that Ritsu and the Group strived for.

Jades rounds are made with the utmost skill, and function as well as his others.

Name: Eco Slick Generator
Description: A Machine made using data from analyzed Black Wax, Blue Eco, and Precursor Technology
Type: Bauble
Weight: 3
SYN/INT Threshold/Bonus:
Special Qualities:
-Catalytic Converter: The user may exchange healing items for items of equivalent value which either: 

A. Reduce Cooldown(s) by an amount when used.

B. Boost Init by an amount when used.

C. Grant an Extra Action when used.

These created items only work on mechanical entities.

Ship Bauble: Prime Rail Portal Relay: A large ring shaped machine made of amber metal and glowing yellow gems, which can be installed anywhere and connected to other portals made using the same technology.  In it's internal computer, it includes the blueprints to produce additional Rail Portals, and select given locations.
-Rail Portals can be produced with Durable Materials, a Power Supply, and Mechanical Components, and enable fast travel to worlds containing one when appropriate.

Gary attempts to break Tall Grass in the forest. (3d6+5=10+5=15)  He finds 24 Seeds, and a single stack of Minicio essence.

Gary attempts to cut down trees as well. (3d6+5=8+5=13) He obtains 34 wood and 6 saplings, but no apples.

Gary finally finishes by mining. (3d6+5=10+5=15) He obtains a stack of all four stone types, 10 Pieces of Coal, 2 Iron Ore, 1 Gold Ore, and 3 Yellow Eco Shards from a vein of crystals.

Edited by Hal Henderics

"This is quite nice. It should prove to be useful. On that note," Ritsu pauses before bringing out the black larvae that she had acquired. "This was one of the larvae around the area of the wax, among other things. In theory, nurturing it could provide more of the wax substance I have with me now. Alternatively...it could create another large bee monster like the one we dealt with. On a related note," Ritsu pulls out the Bad Dream before continuing, " this was also present after we dealt with the queen bee. I was wondering about whether or not this would have any useful information. Thoughts?"

"Feed it lots of royal honey, I suppose.  There is a beekeeper in town."

"As for the sphere..."

"While we were out there on that abandoned planet, I found this."

She sits down at her table, and shows a folder of papers.

"It was in an underground lab in the temple, bored into the metal itself, which is completely impossible, as that was primary precursor metal!"

"The only thing in there were empty drawers, empty shelves, ruined technological components, and this, a single folder of documents."

She slides it across the table.

Dark's Log #18

Spoiler

Dark's Log, #18:

I have recently discovered two things which will aid my research, a testing ground, and a mysterious substance that the locals call, "Eco". Maybe it's dark variant may lend insight to these horrific creatures.

...It appears to cause...

...Metamorphosis of existing cells, followed by complete universal subsumption of future and past data in the efforts of imitating the Queen's form using gathered energy...

...Spontanious Gestation of lesser entities, while they seem to be under the Queen's control, only the most powerful creations under it's command seem to actually bear the true taint...

...Dark Eco itself seems to bear a striking resemblance to trespasser energy, however, Dark Eco is woefully benign, it's changes seemingly misguided, in an attempt to contain life data of the species that clearly created it...

...The Queen is growing nicely, and I have managed to keep it in check, loud noises seem to cause complete paralysis in it, and my own abilities far surpass it's own...

...I don't understand why the Queen refuses to fight me as it does others.  No matter what combination of life data and energy fields I utilize, artificial entities made from the primary source are willing to fight anything, even foes much stronger than they are, to the death even, I however, seem to be given only passing resistance from my experiments.  Is it some sort of misguided belief based on my having created them?  No.  There must be more to this phenomenon.  I should never have given up on obtaining my own world's power source, it made thoughts like this much more lucid.

Several Parts of it are filled with complex diagrams and equations, and all of it is written in... Bubble font?  Whoever wrote it seems to write with a bubbly outline of the letters.  Possibly disguising their handwriting.

"It describes that in the notes as a cultivated fragment of a greater monster." Lua Da says grimly.

"Does this help?"

Jade O'Duffle

After Jade was done with his tinkering he headed off to the graveyard. He assumed the green eco had cleansed it of it's corruption and it was safe to explore.  They had been gone for a while, I'm sure it couldn't be THAT slow, could it?

Head over to Graveyard

"Hmm, I suppose. I'm not sure what use it may serve, but perhaps it could be useful later. And I suppose I'll have to take a trip to the beekeeper later. But before I do, I have one last request," Ritsu finishes, retrieving 5 explosive honeycombs. "If it is possible to use these and any of the remaining precursor orbs to create a device that can augment my offensive capabilities, it would be appreciated," Ritsu asks.

Name: Red Eco Brace
Description: Machines made using Red Eco and Precursor Technology, it is a Bracelet that can be clipped over the user's Limbs, emitting wide and strong short range pulses of force as needed during combat.
Type: Bauble
Weight: 4
SYN/INT Threshold/Bonus:
Special Qualities:
-Concussive Pulse: Melee Attacks now deal a bonus 1d6 of damage, as the device emits a concussive pulse.

Lua Da easily produces a working product, This is much simpler, overall.

Nextly, Lua Da sets up her Laboratory's Portal Rail, inputting data from the group's radiant energy, and creating a one way trip to The Castle.

A Swirling portal is opened, which can be gone through at any time.

After going through, Grassweed Forest will remain Accessable so long as you have a Prime Portal Relay set up on your Ship.

--Jade--

Jade Enters the Graveyard, it looks rather dismal, and even without the Corrupt Plants, Dark Eco remains abound.  Jade is forced to sick to the main path, as several blobs of Dark Eco occasionally bubble up from the ground, and there are a few Darc Eco Crystals and Crates as well.

Several Catacombs also make this place their home, and Large monster bones stand up from the ground around dead trees.