[IC] TotMV:G2: Jak and Daxter Subplot: Grassweed Forest.

Hal Henderics

Kino chants an ancient incantation before a ghastly figure of her very close liking, shrouded with heavy amounts of souls behind her, conjures before her -- Kino, knowing that they now needed to fight, releases Enma and her kindred of souls bound to her. 

"Go -- do what you will."

"At last -- come, brothers and sisters! Revel in our time for adventure!" 

Ecstatic with her rare moment of freedom, Enma baltered as she floated about swiftly, enjoying the sensation of being able to move, and have fun, and to take all that she desired, albeit knowing that her sister would keep a close watch in case she went overboard. 

Kino and Enma command their kindred souls to search for adversaries and attack them in unison with their respective basic attacks -- Kino and Enma consistently coordinate on the same target. 

((OOC: You might want to put a separate health bar for Enma, lawl))

Edited by Noir

• Replies 396
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jade O'Duffle

After Alexandria sets up her barrier Jade tips his hat to her. "Thanks, now onto the main event!" He spoke with great confidence before firing off rounds at nearby enemies. At this distance picking off enemies should be a piece of cake.  A total of six rounds rounds were fired or a whole mag. After the sixth round fired, almost instinctively, Jade went to reload his gun. I guess using the same gun for multiple years can lead to some useful habits.

Gary Teleports to the nearest monster, cleaving it in twain for (2d6+9=2+3+9=14) 14 Damage, he takes 4 Damage from the recoil of landing.

Jade shoots bullets at the enemy, dealing (((Basic*(1d6+2))/3)=7*(10/3)=21) 21 Damage to the Monsters in the area, he could swear there was a 7th bullet in there somewhere, as the monsters fall, leaving 8 Skull gems.  He decides to ignore that.

Enma and Kino Attack various monsters with their respective attacks, dealing (9+2d4+5=9+4+5=18) 18 Damage collectively, dropping 2 More Monsters, which each leave Metal Skulls, which naturally resonate with animalistic and fearful deaths.

Ritsu, traveling after Mitsu, Attacks one wayward monster behind a rock with her chainsaw, killing it instantly for (1d4+9=4+9=13) 13 Damage, Metal Shavings are obtained as a direct result of the gruesome killing.

Mitsu discovers a massive Cliff, a Drop down into a circular basin, in the middle, a large metal structure looms in the distance, made of a coppery metal, several metal tubes go to and from it, connecting to the cliff walls and the tops of it as well on her side.

(Roll Made Irrelevant) some Animal Bites Ritsu, Ritsu, finding it's silly dripping teeth hilarious, grabs it by the neck, It looks like a snake, but with small wings, it's fangs drip useless venom.

Combat Screen

Hide contents

Jade: 38/38 HP

Gary: 34/38 HP

-Enma: 19/19 HP

Kino: 50/50 HP

Ritsu: 38/38 HP

Mitsu: 45/45 HP

Alexandria: 36/36 HP

All the Fauna: ???-18/???

Jade O'Duffle

Noticing the gems dropped, Jade couldn't help but want to take them. Imagine the amount gems like those sell for and maybe they'd be useful sometime. He quickly steps out to grab the gems and heads immediately back to Enma to continue her protection. Stuffing all but one into his pocket, he examines it to see if there is anything unique about it.

Pick up and Examine the Skull Gems

Ritsu looks at the snake creature with mild amusement. She does a scan to learn about the creature itself, then she uses her gauntlet to create a small container. Inside the gauntlet was some various machinery designed to allow her to make small pieces of equipment. With that, she decided to see if she could extract some of the venom. Perhaps it could be of use, she idly thought to herself as she started to extract the venom.

Jade Picks up the gems, and examines the almost electric pattern in the yellow oval gems.

Ritsu manages to gather a Jar of Winged Snake Venom.

Winged Snake Venom: A jar of Toxins gained from a local snake, with feathery wings.  It's venom appears to be designed to deal with lightweight fast prey, and as such, is rather weak and thin.  Attaching this jar to a hollow weapon grants it the Poison Element, and may grant it the ability to poison targets, with the right catalysts added.

Mitsu returns, sharing her info.

"Oh that's fantastic, I was sure we would have much more trouble finding it, and you said it was only connected by rail?"

He hums and huffs.

"Well I suppose I have no choice but to either prepare for a longer search, or for additional tinkering."

"As I understand it, those of you who cannot fly have the option of either providing me the materials to make a device to ride the rails on there, to devise a means of your own, or travel all the way down to the bottom of the Cliff and then back up the entire way to the Precursor Temple at the top."

"I can make a platform able to handle the group, or individual tools for traversing rails if any of you have enough athletic ability to utilize them manually."

"Lastly, the Monsters have been repelled for now, but it would be completely foolish to leave the portal unattended, therefore, I will be remaining Behind, since I have knowledge of it's workings, I hope you can come up with a workable solution among yourselves as to how to protect the portal while you explore the temple for the Slab."

She rambles off some numbers.  She will need either 3 Power Items and 3 Structural Items for a Platform that can carry the whole party, or 1 Power Item and 1 Structural item to make a single person device, which will require that it's user be Dexterous or otherwise athletic to use.  In both cases, she will make the device to your specifications and preferences.

It will be capable of traversing rails at high speed, and powered rails even faster.

Combat Screen

Hide contents

All the Fauna: ???-84/???

"Getting to the bottom will be no issue for myself, but I may be able to assist in powering this item, if you feel you are able to work ofuda into your device. I simply need some paper." Mitsurugi thinks for a moment. "And a pen, if you have one." 

Kino and Enma

"This is fun, Nee-san!" Enma exclaimed excitedly, as their combined efforts managed to bring down two monsters, who leave behind malevolent skulls brimming with morbid energy. Enma collects the items with interest and presents them to her sister, "Can I keep them? Pleeeease?"

"No. Whatever such things may be, they rest better still in the hands of that researcher." Kino points to the researcher behind her before she extends her hands, gesturing for her sister to hand the skulls over. She had examined the actions of her colleagues along as she fought, realizing the common act of handing such collectibles to the researcher holding on the back line. Curious as she was of the contents of the skulls of her own, it was the best course of action she could take. Reluctantly and childishly, Enma pouted in disapproval as she tossed the skulls over to her sister, before Kino gave her consent to play alone without her supervision, with her band of spiritual friends in tow. That seemed enough to make up for taking the skulls away, though, and thus Enma continued to revel in the jubilee of her freedom. 

Kino returns to the researcher, and, as per what the others have done, hands over the Metal Skulls to report her findings -- she takes note, however, to keep a certain leash on Enma despite giving her such freedom, relieved that she and her army of spirits were only attacking the hostilities, which was a welcome deed from her usual mischievous tendencies. 

"I shall remain here and defend the portal," Alexandria states, "My mobility limitations mean that by the time we reached our destination it would likely be time to return here.  And someone must keep our exit open."

Gary makes his way back toward the portal, as he approaches, he overhears that a few materials are needed to make a device to transport everyone on the rails. 

"Well, I might have something..." Gary starts as he puts down his damaged tinker table.

Gary removes 3 bones from the corpse

Gary crafts the bones into 9 bone-meal

Gary crafts the bone-meal into a bone block

Gary uses his Chisel to turn the bone block into 4, 1/4 m thick, 1m x 1m slabs

"Will these work?" Gary asks as he hands them to the professor.

"O-oh, Absolutely."

She pulls out a piece of lines paper and an ink pen, handing it to Mitsu.

She then uncomfortably takes the metal skulls from Kino.

"Ok, I'm counting on you then, Miss Alexandria."

"And yes, those should work nicely, let me get my welder."

Using a device that looks something like a thick pen full of yellow ink, Lua Da Welds the Skulls and Bone together into Something that looks like a spider with a giant bone arm jutting from it's back, the arm is carrying a large bone platform, with skulls adorning it.  Inside one of the skulls, a paper tag is surrounded with wires, circling but not touching the magic paper, drawing energy from it.

Name: Charm Powered Platform Walker.

Description: Something that looks like a spider with a giant bone arm jutting from it's back, the arm is carrying a large bone platform, with skulls adorning it.  Inside one of the skulls, a paper tag is surrounded with wires, circling but not touching the magic paper, drawing energy from it.  It is intended to clamp onto rails, ferrying people across them, but the legs work just fine.

Type: Bauble (Vehicle)

Stat Requirements: 1 Int, 2 Dex, 1 Str, 3 Syn

Special Qualities:

-The user's Group is resistant or Immune to many Environmental hazards, so long as they are standing on top of the platform.

"With this, you should be able to easily make your way into and around the Temple's Innards.  Just try to go through it, according to my research, the Rails all lead to the center, so getting lost should not be a problem."

The creatures in the surrounding area are hesitant to cause trouble.

Combat Screen

Hide contents

All the Fauna: ???-84/???

Jade O'Duffle

"I suppose I'm as ready as I'm ever gonna be." Jade spoke up before pulling himself up onto the vehicle after Gary. He wasn't too sure how well this was gonna go but whats the worse that could happen? They fall to their deaths?

Board the Vehicle 

((I'll assume Mitsu is biting the bullet to equip it.))

Everyone but Alexandria boards the Skeletal Spider Tank, and it begins scuttling slowly across the landscape, until it reaches the precipice that was spoken of by Mitsu previously.

The tank, under her control, clambers onto one of the rails, and then, plopping down, clamps onto the long rail, and it ignites with blue energy, moving them along at incredible speed.

The Temple Swiftly approaches, however, the Rails themselves hold threats.  Treating this with the same seriousness that they treat combat will be needed to survive this ordeal.

Gap in the Rails!: A huge chunk of the Rails have been eaten away, forcing players to jump over and/or maintain their balance. Players Roll 1d20+Dex v 1d20+Dex next turn, if they fail, they lose 1d4 Dex, if their dex reaches 0 as a result of this skill, they fall into the Abyss.

Combat Screen

Hide contents

Jade: 45/45 HP

Gary: 47/51 HP

Ritsu: 34/34 HP

Mitsu: 45/54 HP

Rail Hazards.

--Alexandria--

Alexandria on the other hand, is faced with her own challenges ahead.  Fighting off the rabble has become second nature by now.

The interesting part arises when she finds that bolts of energy are coming from far away, behind several rocks.  She is able to block the first volley, but the risk presented is clear.  Something is shooting at her, and it is shooting at the encampment.

Portal Health: 1000/1000.

Edited by Hal Henderics

Alexandria finds something large, heavy, and unimportant, and throws it at the source of the blasts to try and flush out whoever it is.  She'd try to get close, but chasing people down isn't really something she can do very well.

Gary, realizing it might be hard to jump, attempts to keep his balance. Instead of relying on just that, however, he throws an Enderpearl up in the air, but a bit forward so it will land on the tank when it reaches the other side of the gap

Kino and Enma

Noticing the bump in the rails, Kino, relaxed, with the aid of her spirits and Enma, floats in the air to prevent from being rattled by the gap. 

Jade O'Duffle

Seeing the huge gap coming Jade braced himself. He couldn't reliably jump across it so he grabbed his rope, lowered his center of gravity, and tried to keep his balance on the machine. 

Attempt to keep balance

Fast Paced: Init on someone is Rerolled when their Dex Changes in this fight, People not on the rails are immune to this boss’s Attacks, but have 0 Dex and Bottom Init for the duration of combat.

(1d20+6 Verses 1d20+0 = 17 Verses 15)

Jade Manages to keep their balance, even as the Mech leaps up to pass the gap in the rails.

(1d20+2 Verses 1d20+0)

Gary uses clever application of Ender Pearls, using it's mobility enhancing effect to avoid the turbulence.

Enma floats into the air, falling behind the rest of the group, due to intense speed.  She is able to keep up, but won't be reacting all that quickly.

Kino follows, also falling behind the rest of the group.

(1d20+5 Verses 1d20+0 = 17 Verses 1)

Ritsu easily keeps her balance, this is nothing.

(1d20+12 Verses 1d20+0 = 14 Verses 1)

Mitsu fumbles, about as much as a nigh omni-graceful goddess can, but the mech jumping isn't that bumpy anyway.

The group speeds ahead into the castle, where various creatures crawl out of the walls, they look like Honeycombs with wings, and are also full of a toxic black sludge...

A station is coming up ahead, and the loud mech will no doubt attract unwanted guests.

STAY  /  CONTINUE ?

Combat Screen

Hide contents

Jade: 45/45 HP

Gary: 47/51 HP

-Enma: 19/19 HP ---

Kino: 50/50 HP        |

Ritsu: 34/34 HP       |

Mitsu: 45/54 HP      |

-Enma: 19/19 HP < |

Kino: 50/50 HP    <

Rail Hazards.

--Alexandria--

Throwing a rock, along with solving the problem, also gouges a 20 meter long mini-canyon in the ground, where only smudges remain.

Hours later, Alexandria would find that this sudden and drastic change in terrain has caused a rumbling to occur.  Something Metal is rising up from the ground, it is sharp and triangular, with a faded paint job.

PREPARE SELF  /  PREPARE ENVIRONMENT ?

Portal Health: 1000/1000.

Edited by Hal Henderics