[IC] TotMV:G2: Jak and Daxter Subplot: Grassweed Forest.

Hal Henderics

--Ritsu--

"Well, your power supply was completely crushed, so I had to replace it fast and dirty, or you would have shut down, because SOMEONE shot you by accident with  that stupid harpoon gun that I TOLD him wasn't safe!"

She backtracks.

"Uh- It's y-your new power cell, they glow like that, and because of how they work, the spot they are installed is usually really visible, like, one time I put a heavy plate over one in a project and the plate had a glowing engraving on the spot after a f-few minutes..."

She looks incenced.

"It's a c-common problem, d-despite it's other miraculous uses... I just had to weld it in and it did all the rest!"

Indeed, the spot where it was installed looks like it was made to be there, a clean metal ring surrounding a yellow glowing orb, the chassis around it seeming perfectly restored.

• Replies 396
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

--Ritsu--

"N-no, it should be almost as durable as you are, it's just that it is really visible.  Precursor Metal is not that frail, and you can always wear armor or something."

"A-as for Future complications, Precursor Power Cells integrate well, it would be pretty extensive, trying to remove it now."

"I'm sorry I could not do more, Time was a pretty big issue from my preliminary scans.  I could have been wrong, but at the time, my data said you didn't have enough time for traditional repairs."

She bows her head, disappointment clear.

Jade O'Duffle

"Well I don't have any explosives on me." He glaces over to some boxes of Dark Eco and is reminded of how one tiny box exploded under his feet. Exploded under his feet... explosions... suddenly an idea came to his mind. A risky one but an idea nonetheless. He let out a malicious chuckle as he reloaded his gun, only this time with something packing a bit more heat. (Pyro Rounds). "Heh heh heh, I got myself an idea. Come, help me move some of these black boxes near the rocks. Afterwards I think we'll have a BLAST." He heads over to one of the two black boxes near the blue staircase and pushes it towards the boulders. 

Reload Revolver with Pyro Rounds and Push one of the boxes of Dark Eco near the boulders

--Jade+Gary--

(18, 13) Jade's Luck is looking up, they touch the crates and it burns their skin, but with the legendary power of a stick they found on the ground, they push the metal boxes of sloshing liquid slowly over to the boulders.

The stick is now purple, and has a small tentacle growing from it, covered in thorns...

Edited by Hal Henderics

Ritsu sighs after hearing the condition of her new power core. It seems that dealing with that at the moment won't be feasible. "Very well. Most of my important data is saved on its own separate area, though I doubt you would have known that. Nevertheless, I may need to acquire better armor to keep this thing from breaking too easily. Do you know if anyone here has good armor in stock?"

She buries her hands in her head.

"Oh god, I'm so sorry, I didn't know."

"The Shopkeep can help, he wanted to pay you, right? I'll call in a favor at the smithy, It's the least I can do for you getting rid of that monster fish and getting hurt helping me..."

She walks off, but stops.

"Just head to the tool shop for your payment, and I'll have the Smithy get you a chestplate, Precursor Metal and everything!"

Edited by Hal Henderics

"Very well then," Ritsu said before walking back to the toolshop. Her teleportation ability seemed to be slightly off at the moment, but she figured it would fix itself. After a brief walk, she arrived at the tool shop yet again. "Well then, took a bit more work and running around than I expected, but I'm back."

Jade O'Duffle

Jade looked at the spiked tentacle stick wiggling about, and he grew a smug grin. "I think I'll keep this. I find it very amusing." He placed the stick tentacle and stepped a good ways away from the crates. "OK Gary, You're gonna hold up your shield and we'll hide behind it as I shoot the boxes. So whenever you're ready I'll fire."

Store the Tentacle on a Stick and move a fair distance away then fire 3 rounds of Pyro Rounds into the Boxes of Dark Eco once Gary is a safe distance away/in position

Alexandria cannibalizes some of the lesser Precursor Metal for her nano forge, to get repairs started, and attempts to identify how the artifact recovered from the fish corpse works, and what it does.  She asks Lua Da if the archaeologist can discern anything about the device as well.

Mitsurugi sighs slightly at the question as she floats back to shore. "It is my people. They willingly bound themselves to it rather than. . ." She cuts off, clearing her throat. It was still too raw to speak of at length. She turned her head away from Kino, so that the latter wouldn't be able to see the contorted expression on her face. "I am sorry. I would rather not speak further on this right now." 

Mitsurugi heads back along the path, avoiding the snake, toward the northernmost set of crates. She watches the creature near them warily, preparing to defend herself as she attempts to open these as well.

--Ritsu--

"Yeah, word round the grapevine is that the fisherman wasn't all talk, we're real glad you helped out."

He then mumbles

"And I'm glad you got the big lunk to pay me."

"Anyway, Your payment, as promised."

He hands over 25 Precursor Orbs.

"Also, over by the Inn, the Fisherman has a payment for you too, he is very thankful and a bit guilty, squeeze him dry, will ya hun?  He DID shoot you after all, even if he claims it was an accident."

--Jade+Gary--

The Dark Eco Crates Explode, Coating everything in a thin layer of Dark Eco...

The rocks, aside from being covered in the black sludge, look no worse for wear.

Maybe there might be another solution around here.

Places of interest include the Blue Path, Lurker Camp, Broken Red Path, Dark Eco Pools, Weird Pillars, and Trees.

--Alexandria--

The Secondary Precursor Metal makes for great repair material, if a substance could have personality, this one would be "Polite and helpful to a Fault."

In fact, only about half the material is needed to repair her body with the shiny metal, and already it has the appropriate stress forces and properties to at least mesh with the contractions and effects of the Galvinium metal.

Health Restored, Small Pile of Secondary Precursor Metal Remaining.

It appears to be a small wand like rod, with a large disk attached to the side, like a blunt axe, several buttons along the sides are in recessed holes, fit for a pin to push, or perhaps, just really thin fingers?

"Well, if I had to guess, this is a Precursor tool, though it's purpose, I'll admit is lost to me, I have another like it, but it is nonfunctional, and only zaps things."

Testing it reveals 3 buttons of interest.  The first one turns it on, and it emits a beam of slow blue lightning, when this targets something, it seems to lift it into the air once the energy completely surrounds it.

Button 2 Rotates it one direction when pressed once, and in another direction when pressed twice in quick succession.

Button 3 Rotates it another direction.

It has no visible power source, though the center of the disk on it glows when it is active.

It is too slow for any harmful combat usage, but has a fair range of about halfway across the room Alexandria is in.

--Mitsu--

(3, 3) The Snakes don't like Mitsu, but that's fine, she does not like them either.  She kills them with some difficulty, taking 1 Damage.

(2, 4) The Lurker does not seem to care to share that fate, and escapes into the foliage...

(14, 12) These crates have a much better bounty, carrying 9 Orbs in them.

"Yes, I'll be sure to do that," Ritsu replies before leaving and heading over to the Inn. Once she gets there, it isn't too long before she finds the fisherman from earlier. "Nice to know that you paid back the shopkeeper. I heard you had something for me?" Ritsu asks in a tone that is a bit more demanding than usual.

Jade O'Duffle

"Darn, that didn't work." He let out a disappointed sigh. "I guess we'll have to look somewhere else for a way in. I'm gonna look towards that blue path for anything of note." He walks off to investigate the blue path to see if there's anything of use is there.

Investigate the Blue Path

"Alright. in that case, I will go red. Shout if you find anything... or if something attacks you..." Gary stated before starting toward the red path, "Hopefully something here can help us..."

Investigate the Red Path

Kino

Her people? The revelation surprised the nun slightly, wondering what an amount her people actually pertained to. 

So there are a lot of friends in this thing! Enma chanted excitedly, I'll go inside and try to talk them out-

No, she corrected. If you go in there, you might have no way out. These souls willingly bind themselves to it, remember?  It's likely that they aren't welcome to intruders, nor have reason to negotiate, either.

The hasty Enma quickly turned silent, agreeing with her sister's discernment. Such bound souls were not worth risking her freedom for. Kino let out a sigh in response to Mitsurugi's reservedness, before returning to address her again as she continued collecting items from the crates nearby.

"There's not a lot I can do for the moment, then. I apologize," Kino said, mildly regretful that she could not be of significant use at the moment, returning the piece of metal to Mitsurugi. "It is as you say; the souls within this sheathe willingly bind themselves to it. If a soul willingly clings itself to an object and sticks with it. I could send my sister in to communicate, but I fear she would have no way out....and it is against my nature to forcibly take lost souls with me. Those who follow me follow me with the promise of freedom; those who don't stay for reasons akin to my own, having personal missions to fulfill."

Staring into the distance, Kino notices the wooden pillars within certain walking distance from them, extending in an almost parallel arrangement eastward. The structures piqued her curiosity, "Mitsurugi-san, look at those towering pillars extending there -- what do you think they are? Do you think we should go have a look?" 

Edited by Noir

--Ritsu--

"Yah, It ain't much, but I feel awful sorry bout' that whole thing.  I hope a Power Cell be adequate payment for yer services."

He pulls one out of his pocket, and it levitates in the air.

--Jade--

(1, 17) Jade goes up the blue path, and finds What looks to be a round vent spewing what looks like blue plasma interspersed with electricity.

The problem is that a Giant Log covered in stakes is swinging back and forth over it, infused with the blue energy making it swing at inordinate speed, like a tape on fast forward.

--Gary--

At the base of the Red Path, the Stairway is ruined beyond usage, no more than a wall of broken metal and stone, at the base, there is also a circle of hapahzardly strewn bones, a campfire, and 3 Lurkers, one of which holding a Spiked Club.

They are wearing armor, and look much tougher than the riff raff so far.

(8, 6) They have not seen Gary yet.

Jade O'Duffle

Jade was annoyed to see this giant log blocking his path. It was bad enough it was swinging towards him but it's like it's being powered by the blue substance coming out of the vent. He assumes that's the Blue Eco mentioned before but he wasn't 100% sure. He a glanced over his right side see that he wasn't too far off the ground and this was just a log on a vine. This is probably not the best nor smartest way of doing this but it's a way nonetheless. "Well, at least if this goes bad I'll go out in a BLAZE of glory." He chuckled to himself before sighing. "Why am I telling jokes to myself?" He drew out his Revolver and fire 3 Pyro Rounds into the long to catch it on fire and hopefully the fire will spread slow enough give him enough time to jump off before the flames get the to vines.

Fire three Pyro Rounds into the log to catch it on fire then immediately Combat Roll off the right side onto the ground. 

Gary observers the surroundings, and decides he has two options:

1: he could try to socialize with the... things... and hopefully it would go okay

2: he could ignore them and use Enderpearls

he decides option two is a much better use of his time and resources 

Gary uses an Enderpearl to teleport to the red path

Ritsu takes the power cell, but still frowns. "While I'll accept this on the basis of dealing with the fish, I'm not entirely convinced that this makes up for the harpoon that was shot into me. That's just my opinion though."

--Mitsu+Kino--

Mitsu goes to one of the Pillars, followed by Kino, it has a seat and various strange levers and such, made of metal and wood.  They seem to correspond to a Lens at the top of the pillar, which is pointing in some off-direction.

--Alexandria--

The Grassy Path seems mostly empty, aside from 2 Black Crates and a lot of Grass and Wood.  There is also a River in the Distance, and what appears to be a correlating bridge across.

--Jade--

(8, 16) Jade Fires the rounds into the log, splintering the wood and igniting it.

(2, 9) Rolling off the Side, The Log is now on fire, spraying embers everywhere at advanced speed, and looks to be in no danger of breaking before Jade's Patience does...

--Gary--

Using an Enderpearl, Gary takes 4 Damage, and teleports onto the Red Path.

(10, 19) The Lurkers Notice, and look VERY upset at this development.

Traveling down the Red Path, A Vent at the end spews out a Red Fiery Plasma.

--Ritsu--

"Aye, I Could offer you the use of my Boat, or the Spoils of my next catch, Your friends seem to be flocking to the Grassy Path, Maybe I could take you to the river on my small boat?"

"I'll be at yer service, Ma'm, And I do apologize.."

Edited by Hal Henderics

"That sounds like it could be useful. I have to pick up something first, but once I've done that I plan on grouping with the others at the Grassy Path." Ritsu says before walking over to and inside of the smithy.